Easter 2009 at Possum Lake Lodge

Element_Sn

Apr 22, 2009, 11:37:31 PM4/22/09
to s...@nova.org
Greetings My Brothers,

As the Scribe of the Didelphis Virginiana Chapter it is my pleasure to
report to you the activities of our members, as well as our fellow
brothers from other chapters.
Got a call from Red,of the Possum Lake Chapter today. He told me
about his Easter morning this year.

The Possum Lake Chapter had it's normal sun rise Easter Breakfast on
Sunday morning. After a fine breakfast of pouched moose (out of
season), scrambled eggs, and hash brown potatoes, with tomato juice,
the lodge members piled into their vans and K-cars to go to church
with their wives. Harold was driving the 'Possum Van', as Red had a
little too much vodka in his tomato juice to drive, but enough to let
Harold drive.

As Harold was driving along a highway and sees a rabbit jump out
across the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid hitting it, but
unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front of the Van.

Harold, a sensitive man, as well as an animal lover, pulls over and
gets out to see what has become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay,
the rabbit is the Easter Bunny, and he is ----- DEAD!

Harold feels so awful that he begins to cry. Ranger Gord steps out of
the van and asks Harold what's wrong?

"I feel terrible,"! Harold says, "I accidentally hit the Easter Bunny
with the van and KILLED HIM."

Ranger Gord says, "Don't worry."

Ranger Gord runs to the van and pulls a spray can out of his back
pack. He walks over to the limp, dead, Easter Bunny, bends down, and
sprays the contents of the can all over the Easter Bunny.

The Easter Bunny jumps up, waves his paw at the two of them, and hops
off down the road.

Ten feet away he stops, turns around and waves again.

He hops down the road another 10 feet, turns and waves; hops another
ten feet, turns and waves, and repeats this again and again and again
and again, until he hops out of sight.

Harold is astonished. He runs over to Ranger Gord and demands, "What
is in that can? What did you spray on the Easter Bunny ?"

Ranger Gord turns the can around so that Harold could read the label.

It says ... "Hair Spray: Restores life to dead hair, and adds
permanent wave."

Happy Easter!

Faithfully submitted,
Thomas Nofsinger