Culture Shapes Asthma according to neuropsychologist MM

ARW23

Mar 31, 2013, 10:58:55 PM3/31/13
Firstly, as I was glued for hours last night listening to "Mind Body
Code" audio archives (I wish the real book was published) on public
radio and making notes in front of my computer, the time elapsed so
fast and I was not aware it was almost 4 AM and as I rushed to post
something I clicked twice and posted twice the same text - my
apologies! Also "epigenetic" lacks "S" at the end, therefore:
epigenetics.

In addition, regarding longevity - subject Robert Anton Wilson was
very interested in - main reason Dr. Mario Martinez caught my
attention. From my experience over the years I noticed two repetitive
statements many people in their 90's and their 100's make.

First, their advice most often sounds like: "If you want to stay
healthy, stay away from doctors." For example, my uncle is 101 and my
father is 96 both alive and healthy, went to doctors if they really
really had to, took some pills if they really had to and never took
any vitamin pills. (I am sure pharmaceutical companies hate them.)
Neuropsychologist Mario Martinez makes a lot of sense here to me based
on his cultural-psycho-immunology studies. Please note: no one says
here: "Do not go to see a doctor ever." (Prescription: In
moderation!?)

Second, even more interesting, to me - did you notice when old people
"reveal" their secret to longevity somehow there is almost always some
kind of a drink/alcohol involved in their response? I have never heard
anyone saying: "I am 100 because I eat spinach and carrots". Have you?

Remember George Burns? He said his secret of being 100 was a cigar and
martini every evening. Others said glass of port every evening, some
wine every day, and on and on. Power of alcohol!? Another example: I
remember when I worked for the Hearst family in Beverly Hills,
Mrs.Hearst was experiencing some heart problems and when she came back
from her doctor she laughingly anounced: "My doctor told me to have a
glass of scotch before dinner". As per my uncle, he told me one-on-
one; "Wine and Women." (I guess, WW, double- double you!?)

On Asthma:

According to Mario Martinez, asthma is caused in many cases by
controlling mothers (Wow! Speaking of "paradigm shifts"!) and inhalers
are not always needed. I don't know - Control issue - perhaps a factor
worth considering and exploring. This is a long (almost two hours)
segment. Martinez speaks about asthma at about 1 hour 8 min mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2Duu9JO6vg

ARW23

Apr 4, 2013, 4:50:04 PM4/4/13
On Mar 31, 7:58 pm, ARW23 <AR...@aol.com> wrote:

> Second, even more interesting, to me - did you notice when old people
> "reveal" their secret to longevity somehow there is almost always some
> kind of a drink/alcohol involved in their response? I have never heard
> anyone saying: "I am 100 because I eat spinach and carrots". Have you?

Here goes another one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/nancy-lamperti-101-year-old-secrets-to-life-alcohol_n_3008820.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl9%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D293750

Cheers!!!