[Silliness]Ranma 1/2: Love Rival #5

htgr...@yahoo.com

Mar 10, 2006, 9:58:28 AM3/10/06
The Powers That Be, being in a rather sadistic mood, have decided to
hook some deserving lady up. To that end they pluck one of the
following from her home reality, slam her with a Epic Level Love Spell
whilst showing her an image of one Saotome Ranma, and drop her in
Nerima.

(aside from being hopelessly besotted with a socially maladjusted
teenaged hermaphromorph, all are completely In Character)

The Ladies?
Morisato Megumi (Yes, her in-laws-to-be can track her down. No, they
ain't making a dent in that spell)
Ororo Munroe (Hey, better than the upcoming match)
Officer Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
Buffy Summers
Fujinami Ryuunousuke (UY)
Diana of Thymescria
Naga the White Serpent
Brianna Diggers
Shirauni Mai (hey, Andy Snoozes, he Looses)
Jennifer Walters (She Hulk)
Hakubi Ryoko (Ditto Tenchi... and he's not keeping those trinkets
either)
Cassandra Cain (Batgirl III)
Kinomoto Sakura (No Typo)
Anita Blake
Evangeline Athanasia Katherine MacDowell (Yes, her dollies tag
along)
Rachel Grey (BabyPhoenix)
Aoyama Motoko
Kara Zor-El

So, do any of these ladies have a hope of winning young Ranma's heart
from the Fiancee Brigade... without getting killed in the process?

HTG

Dennis M. O'Connor

Mar 10, 2006, 1:44:33 PM3/10/06
<htgr...@yahoo.com> wrote ...

> So, do any of these ladies have a hope of winning young Ranma's heart
> from the Fiancee Brigade... without getting killed in the process?

No. Ranma's heart belongs to Akane.
You can't overcome that in a romantic comedy.
--
Dennis M. O'Connor dm...@primenet.com

Daniel Gibson

Mar 10, 2006, 5:09:28 PM3/10/06

<htgr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The Powers That Be, being in a rather sadistic mood, have decided to hook
> some deserving lady up. To that end they pluck one of the following from
> her home reality, slam her with a Epic Level Love Spell whilst showing her
> an image of one Saotome Ranma, and drop her in Nerima.
>
> (aside from being hopelessly besotted with a socially maladjusted teenaged
> hermaphromorph, all are completely In Character)
>
> The Ladies?
> Morisato Megumi (Yes, her in-laws-to-be can track her down. No, they
> ain't making a dent in that spell)

There's already a fic with this match up. Red String of Fate I beleive.

> Fujinami Ryuunousuke (UY)

She wants to be a woman, so her father would be the problem, and his
ability to summon an ocean wave at will.

> Diana of Thymescria

Considering her upbringing, she might actually be good for him, she's
a more powerful fighter and a good deal more patient.

> Jennifer Walters (She Hulk)

The lawsuits and restraining orders would fly. Oh, Shehulk would be
useful too.

> Hakubi Ryoko (Ditto Tenchi... and he's not keeping those trinkets
> either)

Ayeka would be `helping` the couple, but which side is Washu on?

> Kinomoto Sakura (No Typo)

She might be good for him, she'd have to be a little older though. Of
course, once you show you're really a threat, I suspect the fiance(e)
brigade is in for severe trouble.

> Rachel Grey (BabyPhoenix)

Once Ranma is safe in teh future with the Askani, what are the others
going to do?

> Kara Zor-El

Shouldn't this one be under 'So, what are your intention towards my
little one?'

> So, do any of these ladies have a hope of winning young Ranma's heart from
> the Fiancee Brigade... without getting killed in the process?

Better question, how would the fiance(e) (let's not leave out Kuno and
Mousee, et. all.) deal with people who do not have the
Nerima-insanity/stupidity factor? Most of the ladies from the list I
commented on are as powerful as Saffron if not moreso. And they could
easily leave Japan to get Ranma alone.

Daniel

> HTG

Ka Faraq Gatri

Mar 15, 2006, 6:53:19 PM3/15/06
On 10 Mar 2006 06:58:28 -0800, htgr...@yahoo.com wrote:

>The Powers That Be, being in a rather sadistic mood, have decided to
>hook some deserving lady up. To that end they pluck one of the
>following from her home reality, slam her with a Epic Level Love Spell
>whilst showing her an image of one Saotome Ranma, and drop her in
>Nerima.
>
>(aside from being hopelessly besotted with a socially maladjusted
>teenaged hermaphromorph, all are completely In Character)
>
>The Ladies?
> Morisato Megumi (Yes, her in-laws-to-be can track her down. No, they
>ain't making a dent in that spell)

Ranma gets a lecture to put the fear of Goddess in him, and then
the Norns go home.

> Ororo Munroe (Hey, better than the upcoming match)

Ranma would probably welcome this match. He'd never have to worry
about surprise rainshowers again!

> Buffy Summers

Five bucks says Kuno gets staked.

> Diana of Thymescria

"Oh, great. Another amazon." Chances are Ranma would end up in
the Justice League.

> Jennifer Walters (She Hulk)

"Since when is there a "Spring of Drowned Jolly Green Giant?"

> Hakubi Ryoko (Ditto Tenchi... and he's not keeping those trinkets
>either)
> Cassandra Cain (Batgirl III)

Interesting choice, here. She's supposed to be one of the best
fighters in the DCU, so she might win Ranma's respect. And after
Akane's nagging, he might like a girl who doesn't say that much (at
leat going by the guest appearances I've read she doesn't). And none
of the fiancees would be able to match her.

> Kinomoto Sakura (No Typo)

> Rachel Grey (BabyPhoenix)

She'd just telepathically make the other girls forget about Ranma.

> Kara Zor-El

Kara: "Are those other girls bothering you?" <Puff> <Girls go
flying, land in Hawaii> "There, taken care of. Now come on, I want to
introduce you to Cousin Superman." That's assuming we're talking about
the original, of course. Ranma might have some trouble from a jealous
Brainiac 5, though.

Dave Connell aka Ka Faraq Gatri
kfg...@rcn.com
"Any day we create this much shrapnel
is a good one." - Jamie Hyneman, "Mythbusters"
"Of course we're going to _try_ to blow it up.
That's what we do." - Adam Savage, "Mythbusters"

Essex

Mar 15, 2006, 8:01:47 PM3/15/06
>> Cassandra Cain (Batgirl III)
>
> Interesting choice, here. She's supposed to be one of the best
> fighters in the DCU, so she might win Ranma's respect. And after
> Akane's nagging, he might like a girl who doesn't say that much (at
> leat going by the guest appearances I've read she doesn't). And none
> of the fiancees would be able to match her.

She is pretty much THE best fighter. She was raised reading body language as
her only language; thus proving that some parents are willing to go even
further than Genma to train their kid to be the best (she only began to
understand normal speech after an untrained telepath rearranged the inside
of her head because he couldn't understand her thoughts). Add to that the
fact that she is the daughter of the assassins Lady Shiva and Cain and you
have one kick ass fighter (she can currently kick her father's butt whenever
she wants to and, in the final issue of her comic, killed her mother in a
death match). Her only real weaknesses are her relative inexperience
fighting folks with really weird superpowers and her illiteracy (which makes
it difficult to use most advanced technological devices). Ranma may barely
be good enough to tag her occasionally. Cologne probably hides most of her
body language naturally and can use advanced tricks to tip the scales
slightly in her favor. Happosai's lack of discipline would probably give his
intentions away and thus he'd have to go the raw power route and hope to get
in a few lucky shots.

-Essex

David Johnston

Mar 15, 2006, 9:29:03 PM3/15/06
On 10 Mar 2006 06:58:28 -0800, htgr...@yahoo.com wrote:

>The Powers That Be, being in a rather sadistic mood, have decided to
>hook some deserving lady up. To that end they pluck one of the
>following from her home reality, slam her with a Epic Level Love Spell
>whilst showing her an image of one Saotome Ranma, and drop her in
>Nerima.
>

>So, do any of these ladies have a hope of winning young Ranma's heart
>from the Fiancee Brigade... without getting killed in the process?

No. It's a pretty firm rule of anime romance that the more fervent
the character's affection for her loved one, the less likely she is to
to win out. Being under a love spell automatically means they have no
chance.

htgr...@yahoo.com

Mar 21, 2006, 1:37:01 PM3/21/06

Essex wrote:
> >> Cassandra Cain (Batgirl III)
> >
> > Interesting choice, here. She's supposed to be one of the best
> > fighters in the DCU, so she might win Ranma's respect. And after
> > Akane's nagging, he might like a girl who doesn't say that much (at
> > leat going by the guest appearances I've read she doesn't). And none
> > of the fiancees would be able to match her.
>
> She is pretty much THE best fighter. She was raised reading body language as
> her only language; thus proving that some parents are willing to go even
> further than Genma to train their kid to be the best (she only began to
> understand normal speech after an untrained telepath rearranged the inside
> of her head because he couldn't understand her thoughts). Add to that the
> fact that she is the daughter of the assassins Lady Shiva and Cain and you
> have one kick ass fighter (she can currently kick her father's butt whenever
> she wants to and, in the final issue of her comic, killed her mother in a
> death match).

Definitely outdoes Ranma or the Tendo Kids in Dysfunctional Family
Dynamics.

> Her only real weaknesses are her relative inexperience
> fighting folks with really weird superpowers and her illiteracy (which makes
> it difficult to use most advanced technological devices).

True.

> Ranma may barely
> be good enough to tag her occasionally. Cologne probably hides most of her
> body language naturally and can use advanced tricks to tip the scales
> slightly in her favor. Happosai's lack of discipline would probably give his
> intentions away and thus he'd have to go the raw power route and hope to get
> in a few lucky shots.

In all fairness, the power scales are too different. For all her
monsterous ability when compared to the rest of the Gotham Knights,
Miss Cain is scarcely more than a match for Akane....

... to begin with.

HTG

Essex

Mar 21, 2006, 9:17:43 PM3/21/06

<htgr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I think you may be underestimating her a bit. I recall one issue where a
government scientist got his hands on a sample of her blood and thought that
somebody was pulling a prank on him. Her blood chemistry was of the sort
that you may have found in a superhuman, but she had no metagene (the source
of many powers in the DC universe). Although she can't drop-kick somebody
into the stratosphere or punch you a few hundred times per second, I feel
confident that she could easily dominate a fight with any teenaged Nerima
martial artist except for Ranma or Tarou (monster form only). Even then,
she'd have better than average odds of winning either fight. Ranma would
have to use the Umisenken technique or something similar to totally hide his
intentions in order to allow his superior physical skills to overwhelm her.
Tarou would have to hope that his hide could withstand her strikes until she
gets to tired to hit him anymore, because she is to canny a fighter to fall
for the cheap tricks that he uses against Ranma.

-Essex