Icloud Drive Browser Download Folder

Nilsa Cantos

Dec 31, 2023, 2:40:14 AM12/31/23
I have had a document browser app up since iOS 11 (using UIKit/UIDocumentBrowserViewController). The app (let's call it "MyApp") used to create a "MyApp" folder in iCloud Drive (and/or on the device, depending on the choice made in Settings), where documents would be saved automatically.

Go to and request to Apple a copy of your iCloud files.

Unfortunately, you cannot select which folder you want to include; you will receive a link to download the whole drive.

They say it could take a few days to receive the link. However, in my experience, it only takes a day.

icloud drive browser download folder

DOWNLOAD https://t.co/f7IjHmeqRx

Been using my 1TB OneDrive with Office 365 for 5+years with iCloud for Windows. After upgrading my MS Surface Book 2 to the 20H2 Windows 10 version (or approximately at that time), browsing any folder on OneDrive has become incredibly slow (maybe 30-seconds to simply open an empty folder)! This behavior ONLY happens on my MS Surface Book 2 computer. On this and other computers (MacOS), I keep all of my files stored locally, so I am not using the "Files on Demand" feature. All folders and files are 100% sync'd on this computer (Onedrive all up-to-date). However, navigating through the files / folders only in my OneDrive folder is now incredibly slow since each click takes like 20-30-seconds or so to complete!

Then, he recommended I create a new user account, and do the same thing (disabling or deleting my old account). That actually helped (back to normal responsiveness for the Onedrive folder after downloading all my files). But then, as I rebuilt my user account to setup my 3rd party apps, email, etc. with Office 365, I found the same problem had returned.

I have been having this problem for over a month and have spent numerous hours on the phone with Microsoft support Level 2 staff, as well as Apple. First, the problem is not just with OneDrive files/folders. It is with any cloud based files including DropBox, iCloud, and Google drive. It would take about 40 seconds for a folder to open to simply the display the folder hierarchy below. After speaking with both Apple and Microsoft and being bounced around between the two like a ping pong ball, I solved the problem on my own. The problem is with Version 12.3 of iCloud for Windows. It doesn't behave properly with the latest Windows release of 20H2. (BTW, neither MS or Apple will confirm this until you speak to an engineer.) The solution is to find an older download version of iCloud for Windows., which itself is not easy but doable. Avoid the Microsoft Store which only provides 12.3. I found and downloaded iCloud Windows version 7.20 and it now works perfectly.

Oddly this issue occurred again. I discovered that even though iCloud drive was deselected, everything was v. slow. The I realised that my iCloud shared photos location was causing a problem. So in iCloud settings I changed the Shared Photos folders to a position outside of OneDrive. Voila! Normal speed was resumed.

One thing I did notice when watching the file explorer icons in my Onedrive folder (all folders there show the familiar green 'in sync' icon); when I click on an empty folder, I get the familiar spinning blue icon indicating file explorer is taking a while to get there. Then, after 30+ seconds, the empty folder finally opens. Simply returning back to the parent folder, I then see all of the Onedrive folder icons are MISSING their icons. It is like Onedrive thinks none of the folders are sync'd despite the tray Onedrive icon (which remains very responsive) saying "Onedrive is up-to-date".

This is how you can share an iCloud Drive folder from your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or web browser. Please know that sharing iCloud folders is tied to your Apple ID, and thus when you share a folder or edit it, everything is reflected on all your devices and the web. You can use any of your Apple devices to start sharing, manage permissions, and stop sharing.

At the moment, if you want cloud sync to work, you will have to save your logseq graph directly to iCloud Drive and use the iOS file picker to open the folder. If you click on the browse tab at the bottom of the file picker, then click on the back button, the app will ask you if you want to use a location on your iPhone or on a cloud provider. From here you can select a folder in iCloud drive.

This is useful if you work with multiple computers. You can sync these folders between several Macs, access their contents from the Files app on an iPhone or iPad, and even get at your documents using a browser when logged into icloud.com.

To upload photos from PC, open the iCloud Photos folder from File Explorer. Then, drag and drop the photos you want to upload to iCloud to the folder. iCloud Photos should also be on your Apple device for you to be able to see them there. Otherwise, the photos you upload will be available on icloud.com

iMazing can store files and folders on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in a 'dead' storage location which will not appear on the device itself.This is useful if you simply need to move documents around but don't have a USB stick or external drive for example.

35fe9a5643