FREE GIFT!!! Just for reading this post!

David Muggli

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

Sorry, no spam here. ;-) But I got everyone's attention, didn't I?

Hi.
It's me, David. I'm new. Am I late?

First off, I'll give you your free gift, as promised.
Here. Everyone put these on.
<opens guitar case and begins handing out rose-colored glasses>
You must ALWAYS wear these when reading my posts. Otherwise, I'm
sure to be misunderstood eventually.

I just thought I'd de-lurk. So... now [figgertively speekin'] I'm
standing inside the AFP room, instead of looking in through a window.
Right now I just talk to myself. But I'll try to walk across this
room and talk to some of you.

"Here's a good thing to do if you go to a party and you don't know
anybody: First take out the garbage. Then go around and collect any
extra garbage that people might have, like a crumpled napkin, and
take that out too. Pretty soon people will want to meet the busy
garbage guy." --Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live

Oh, great. Have I just labeled myself forever as the busy garbage guy?

David Muggli DN...@MSN.COM
"Give me ambiguity or give me something else."

MELANIE TOM

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

Hey, come over here and give me a hand with the washing up, which I'm
doing to help Michelina [1]. I'll wash you camn dry. Then when you least
expect it I'll whip a bunch of soggy roses out of the washing up water,
slip down to one knee and say
"Will you make me incredibly happy, and accept the gift of these dishpan
hands, Mr David BGG?"

Who, me?
-but I meant it for the best.
[1] I know I spelt that wrong.

Michelena Riosa

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

In article
<Pine.OSF.3.93.961017...@sparrow.qut.edu.au>,
n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au says...

>Hey, come over here and give me a hand with the washing up, which
I'm
>doing to help Michelina [1].

Why *thank you* for the help, much appreciated...You may want to
ask the bloke in the hat behind the door if he'd like another weak
lager.....

>I'll wash you camn dry. Then when you least
>expect it I'll whip a bunch of soggy roses out of the washing up
water,
>slip down to one knee and say
>"Will you make me incredibly happy, and accept the gift of these
dishpan
>hands, Mr David BGG?"

Now, now, If you're going to play _those_ sort of games you can at
least take it to the afparlour....Don't mind me.....*sigh* I'll
just linger here tidying up, feeling old and longingly remembering
the days when I could enjoy pvc clothing other than yellow playtex
rubber gloves.....*sigh*sigh*

>[1] I know I spelt that wrong.

The biting question is.....Why?

Michelena

--
Michelena Riosa
mri...@visgen.com

Tim Müller

Oct 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/21/96

Michelena Riosa <mri...@visgen.com> wrote:

> >Hey, come over here and give me a hand with the washing up, which
> I'm doing to help Michelina [1].

OK, I'm in. Hand me that dish-towel, please, will you?
--
"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he
said. "Have you thought of going into teaching?" (T. Pratchett, Mort)

MELANIE TOM

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

On 19 Oct 1996, Michelena Riosa wrote:
> In article
> <Pine.OSF.3.93.961017...@sparrow.qut.edu.au>,
> n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au says...
> >
> >Hey, come over here and give me a hand with the washing up, which
> I'm
> >doing to help Michelina [1].
>
> Why *thank you* for the help, much appreciated...You may want to
> ask the bloke in the hat behind the door if he'd like another weak
> lager.....

I'll do that if you open the fridge my hand are all murky, how it got in
the sink i'll never know.

> >I'll wash you camn dry. Then when you least
> >expect it I'll whip a bunch of soggy roses out of the washing up
> water,
> >slip down to one knee and say
> >"Will you make me incredibly happy, and accept the gift of these
> dishpan
> >hands, Mr David BGG?"
>
> Now, now, If you're going to play _those_ sort of games you can at
> least take it to the afparlour....Don't mind me.....*sigh* I'll
> just linger here tidying up, feeling old and longingly remembering
> the days when I could enjoy pvc clothing other than yellow playtex
> rubber gloves.....*sigh*sigh*

Yes but wear in just the gloves has certainly made an impression on anyone
who comes into the kitchen ;->

> >[1] I know I spelt that wrong.
> >
> The biting question is.....Why?

I'm afraid I suffer from a disease called incurable spelling which means
that anything I can missplell I will.
> Michelena

OK I think Ive got it now Michelena.

Who, me?
-Well I'll never do it again.

MELANIE TOM

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, [ISO-8859-1] Tim M=FCller wrote:
> Michelena Riosa <mri...@visgen.com> wrote:
>=20
> > >Hey, come over here and give me a hand with the washing up, which=20

> > I'm doing to help Michelina [1].
>=20

> OK, I'm in. Hand me that dish-towel, please, will you?

Right, before you start though, could you take tis out the the quiet man
with the hat hiding behind the door, he said he wanted another drink. =20

Hey, Michelena we got another volanteer[1]

Who, me?
-I was at my aunt's.

[1] Incurable spelling strikes again

David Muggli

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

Melanie Tom wrote: - - - -
Hey, come over here and give me a hand with the washing up, which I'm
doing to help Michelina [1]. I'll wash you camn dry. Then when you least

expect it I'll whip a bunch of soggy roses out of the washing up water,
slip down to one knee and say
"Will you make me incredibly happy, and accept the gift of these dishpan
hands, Mr David BGG?"
- - - -

[I've just discovered recently that I'm an incredibly romantic guy.
But I pledge to use my powers ONLY FOR GOOD. :-) Y'see I'm afraid I
may overwhelm whomever I release this devastating energy upon...]

With that said,
I reach out to you and graciously, tenderly put your hands in mine.
As you rise to your feet, we stare deep into each other's eyes. I
quietly pat-dry your poor, tired hands with a look [1] that says "I
need you too." The towel slips out of my hands and falls to the
floor and we...

...are interrupted. It's Tim and Michelena! So that's okay! I
quickly help you gather up the roses and hide them and then start
talking to Tom.
"So very good to meet you Mr. Mueller. In high school, the guy's
locker two-down from mine was named Mueller, cos it was alphabetical,
y'know. Jeremy or Jeff, I think his name was. Yeah, and there's a
lot of German heritage in central Minnesota here..."

As I exit the room, I look (not glance) over my shoulder at you.
;-)
And you instantly know: that wink means "Meet me in the afparlour at
midnight."

<sigh> How was that? Too much with the eyes? Not enough/not
blatant enough sexual innuendo? Help me out here. :-)

[1] Well, no I don't *really* dry your hands with a *look*. Now
that'd be a super-power no woman could resist! :-D

David, the Romantic Garbage Guy (now I just need a cape and a sidekick)
dn...@msn.com
"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out
that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I
was thinking about doing that anyway." Jack Handey, "Deep Thoughts"
on Saturday Night Live

Michelena Riosa

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:

>On 19 Oct 1996, Michelena Riosa wrote:
>> In article
>> <Pine.OSF.3.93.961017...@sparrow.qut.edu.au>,
>> n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au says...

>> Why *thank you* for the help, much appreciated...You may want to

>> ask the bloke in the hat behind the door if he'd like another weak
>> lager.....
>I'll do that if you open the fridge my hand are all murky, how it got in
>the sink i'll never know.

Why certainly, MELANIE. <opens fridge>Well you know, Murky is as
Murky does.......No, not that one .The _weak_ lager.

>> Now, now, If you're going to play _those_ sort of games you can at
>> least take it to the afparlour....Don't mind me.....*sigh* I'll
>> just linger here tidying up, feeling old and longingly remembering
>> the days when I could enjoy pvc clothing other than yellow playtex
>> rubber gloves.....*sigh*sigh*

>Yes but wear in just the gloves has certainly made an impression on anyone
>who comes into the kitchen ;->

MELANU!!! YOU PEAKED!!!!!! Stop sniggering!

Now, I'll _never_ get outta this damned kitchen......Anyone got a
figleaf, or three?....Goth Cheerleader Costume?....An unused
alias???

>> >[1] I know I spelt that wrong.
>> >
>> The biting question is.....Why?

>I'm afraid I suffer from a disease called incurable spelling which means
>that anything I can missplell I will.

Ok, my excuse is just that I'm either stupid, clumsy, or
distracted...pick one.

Michelena Riosa

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

ma...@monark.ftech.co.uk (Murky B) wrote:

>In the phenomenon known as alt.fan.pratchett, mri...@visgen.com
>(Michelena Riosa) (metaphorically) said "do doo, de do do".

>>MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:
>>>I'll do that if you open the fridge my hand are all murky, how it got in
>>>the sink i'll never know.
>>
>>Why certainly, MELANIE. <opens fridge>Well you know, Murky is as
>>Murky does.......No, not that one .The _weak_ lager.

>Now you're being silly.......

Okay, Okay the strong ale then...

Michelena

Tim Müller

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:

> Right, before you start though, could you take tis out the the quiet man
> with the hat hiding behind the door, he said he wanted another drink.

Sure, no better reason to stop drying dishes than to serve someone a
drink. Where do I put the wet towels, by the way?

--
"The current state of knowledge can be summarized thus: In the
beginning, there was nothing, which exploded." (T. Pratchett, L&L)

Michelena Riosa

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

DN...@msn.com (David Muggli) wrote:

>[I've just discovered recently that I'm an incredibly romantic guy.
>But I pledge to use my powers ONLY FOR GOOD. :-) Y'see I'm afraid I
>may overwhelm whomever I release this devastating energy upon...]

Yeah, right....Heard _that_ one before.

>With that said,
>I reach out to you and graciously, tenderly put your hands in mine.
>As you rise to your feet, we stare deep into each other's eyes. I
>quietly pat-dry your poor, tired hands with a look [1] that says "I
>need you too." The towel slips out of my hands and falls to the
>floor and we...

That's actually not bad for a first attempt...don't worry, you'll
get better with priactice..

>...are interrupted. It's Tim and Michelena! So that's okay! I
>quickly help you gather up the roses and hide them and then start
>talking to Tom.

Getting the names right help, but I have never thought of myself
as the chaperone type...far too helvetica. Most likely I'd
snicker with a touch of envy...I am a possesive bitch at times
*sigh*.

I'm really not polyamourous....just greeeeeeedy!

>"So very good to meet you Mr. Mueller. In high school, the guy's
>locker two-down from mine was named Mueller, cos it was alphabetical,
>y'know. Jeremy or Jeff, I think his name was. Yeah, and there's a
>lot of German heritage in central Minnesota here..."
>As I exit the room, I look (not glance) over my shoulder at you.
>;-)
>And you instantly know: that wink means "Meet me in the afparlour at
>midnight."
><sigh> How was that? Too much with the eyes? Not enough/not
>blatant enough sexual innuendo? Help me out here. :-)

As I sail, pretty good but kill the smileys....Keep them
guessing.

Oh, you wanted the _OTHER ONE'S_ critique...S'cuse me, I cant
help if if I think that all flirting in the kitchen must be
directed a mesself. *sigh* I think I'll go invent the afp
bubble-spa....

Michelena

>[1] Well, no I don't *really* dry your hands with a *look*. Now
>that'd be a super-power no woman could resist! :-D

>David, the Romantic Garbage Guy (now I just need a cape and a sidekick)
>dn...@msn.com
>"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out
>that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I
>was thinking about doing that anyway." Jack Handey, "Deep Thoughts"
>on Saturday Night Live

"the sound of my heart carries well

over the water"

Muse

Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96

In article <54mimg$o...@newsfeed.ftn.net>, mri...@visgen.com uttered
sagely...

>Now, I'll _never_ get outta this damned kitchen......Anyone got a
>figleaf, or three?....Goth Cheerleader Costume?....An unused
>alias???
Michelena, you can borrow my nudist costume anytime you need to.
Honest, I'll even pay for shipping it to Toronto!

Muse

--
Live long and be preposterous.
Say good night Gracie....

MELANIE TOM

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Murky B wrote:
> In the phenomenon known as alt.fan.pratchett, mri...@visgen.com
> (Michelena Riosa) (metaphorically) said "do doo, de do do".
>
> >MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:
> >>I'll do that if you open the fridge my hand are all murky, how it got in
> >>the sink i'll never know.
> >
> >Why certainly, MELANIE. <opens fridge>Well you know, Murky is as
> >Murky does.......No, not that one .The _weak_ lager.
>
> Now you're being silly.......

And you're surprised?

Who, me?
-Only silly 7 days a week usually, but occasionally 8.

MELANIE TOM

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Michelena Riosa wrote:
> MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:
> >On 19 Oct 1996, Michelena Riosa wrote:
> >> In article
> >> Why *thank you* for the help, much appreciated...You may want to
> >> ask the bloke in the hat behind the door if he'd like another weak
> >> lager.....
> >I'll do that if you open the fridge my hand are all murky, how it got in
> >the sink i'll never know.
>
> Why certainly, MELANIE. <opens fridge>Well you know, Murky is as
> Murky does.......No, not that one .The _weak_ lager.
Well there's no need to yell, anyway *blush* I'm too shy to take it to
him. Will you? I'll stay in the kitchen.

> >> Now, now, If you're going to play _those_ sort of games you can at
> >> least take it to the afparlour....Don't mind me.....*sigh* I'll
> >> just linger here tidying up, feeling old and longingly remembering
> >> the days when I could enjoy pvc clothing other than yellow playtex
> >> rubber gloves.....*sigh*sigh*
>
> >Yes but wear in just the gloves has certainly made an impression on anyone
> >who comes into the kitchen ;->
>
> MELANU!!! YOU PEAKED!!!!!! Stop sniggering!

It's a little hard not to notice you dressed like that.

> Now, I'll _never_ get outta this damned kitchen......Anyone got a
> figleaf, or three?....Goth Cheerleader Costume?....An unused
> alias???

Umm BTW I think there is an Emmet following you, and a well there appears
to be a queue ;-)

> >> The biting question is.....Why?
>
> >I'm afraid I suffer from a disease called incurable spelling which means
> >that anything I can missplell I will.
> Ok, my excuse is just that I'm either stupid, clumsy, or
> distracted...pick one.
> Michelena
> >OK I think Ive got it now Michelena.
>
> >Who, me?
> >-Well I'll never do it again.

-promise.

Tim Müller

Oct 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/30/96

David Muggli <DN...@msn.com> wrote:

> The towel slips out of my hands and falls to the
> floor and we...
>

> ...are interrupted. It's Tim and Michelena! So that's okay! I
> quickly help you gather up the roses and hide them and then start
> talking to Tom.

<Tim somehow completely fails to notice the amourous situation he has
interrupted [1], picks up the towel and hands it back to David>

> "So very good to meet you Mr. Mueller. In high school, the guy's
> locker two-down from mine was named Mueller, cos it was alphabetical,
> y'know. Jeremy or Jeff, I think his name was. Yeah, and there's a
> lot of German heritage in central Minnesota here..."

"The pleasure is all mine, David. By the way, where does your name come
from? Could it be that there's some Swiss heritage in Minnesota, too?"

<Winks at Michelena behind David's back>

> As I exit the room, I look (not glance) over my shoulder at you.
> ;-)
> And you instantly know: that wink means "Meet me in the afparlour at
> midnight."

<Winks again and gets bacl to drying the dishes with a smile>

[1] At least that's what it seems like [2]
[2] Coz it's pretty damn difficult _not_ to notice a bunch of roses in
the kitchen [3]
[3] Wanted to make a bed of them, yesno?

Michelena Riosa

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, [ISO-8859-1] Tim Müller wrote:
>> MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:

>> > Right, before you start though, could you take tis out the the quiet man
>> > with the hat hiding behind the door, he said he wanted another drink.
>>
>> Sure, no better reason to stop drying dishes than to serve someone a
>> drink. Where do I put the wet towels, by the way?

>Give them to Michelena, she needs something to cover... no don't look.

Not unless you want the rest of you life feel somwhat *disappointing*

Michelena modestly and _gratefully_ accepts the towels and, with a
deft motion of her wrist, transtorms them into a sarong and halter of
cunning ingenuity and stylish flair....

Ta.

>WHO, ME?
>-I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY I NEVER TOUCHED HIM.

>I changed the header finally

Yes you did, BUT WE'RE NOT DEAF....

MELANIE TOM

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

On 23 Oct 1996, David Muggli wrote:
> Melanie Tom wrote: - - - -
> Hey, come over here and give me a hand with the washing up, which I'm
> doing to help Michelina [1]. I'll wash you camn dry. Then when you least
> expect it I'll whip a bunch of soggy roses out of the washing up water,
> slip down to one knee and say
> "Will you make me incredibly happy, and accept the gift of these dishpan
> hands, Mr David BGG?"
> - - - -
> [I've just discovered recently that I'm an incredibly romantic guy.
> But I pledge to use my powers ONLY FOR GOOD. :-) Y'see I'm afraid I
> may overwhelm whomever I release this devastating energy upon...]
>
> With that said,
> I reach out to you and graciously, tenderly put your hands in mine.
> As you rise to your feet, we stare deep into each other's eyes. I
> quietly pat-dry your poor, tired hands with a look [1] that says "I
> need you too." The towel slips out of my hands and falls to the
> floor and we...

Oh yes?

> ...are interrupted. It's Tim and Michelena! So that's okay! I

Bugger bugger bugger.

> quickly help you gather up the roses and hide them and then start
> talking to Tom.

> "So very good to meet you Mr. Mueller. In high school, the guy's
> locker two-down from mine was named Mueller, cos it was alphabetical,
> y'know. Jeremy or Jeff, I think his name was. Yeah, and there's a
> lot of German heritage in central Minnesota here..."
>

> As I exit the room, I look (not glance) over my shoulder at you.
> ;-)
> And you instantly know: that wink means "Meet me in the afparlour at
> midnight."

I smile back at you, in a way that says "I'll be there and I'll bring the
tuning fork, wait for me"

> <sigh> How was that? Too much with the eyes? Not enough/not blatant
> enough sexual innuendo? Help me out here. :-)

It's fine, I fact it's wonderfull.

> [1] Well, no I don't *really* dry your hands with a *look*. Now
> that'd be a super-power no woman could resist! :-D
>
> David, the Romantic Garbage Guy (now I just need a cape and a sidekick)

Well seeing as we're already having so much fun together I'll be your side
kick, Washing-up Girl

Who, me?
-You can't know it was me I was in diguise

Michelena Riosa

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

Michelena Riosa

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:

>I smile back at you, in a way that says "I'll be there and I'll bring the
>tuning fork, wait for me"

Oh no you don't ! First you make me nekkid in _my_ kitchen....Now you
take the tuning fork I so cunningly nikked from the sl*t^H^H^H^H
Zaruga. No way . Take! Take! Take! Use it on the lads, it won't wash
with me and neither will you! *ting* Mineminemineminemine.

>> David, the Romantic Garbage Guy (now I just need a cape and a sidekick)

Don't lookit me, I'm a solo act....well, sometimes a duet, but I'm
still trying to attract the right front-man....

>Well seeing as we're already having so much fun together I'll be your side
>kick, Washing-up Girl

HEY!

Out! Out! Shooo! I've got better things to do than listen
to your prepubescent polyamoury! There's a souffle in the oven!!!!!

Michelenna Good Samhaine everyone!!,

MELANIE TOM

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Michelena Riosa wrote:
> MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:
> >I smile back at you, in a way that says "I'll be there and I'll bring the
> >tuning fork, wait for me"
>
> Oh no you don't ! First you make me nekkid in _my_ kitchen....Now you
> take the tuning fork I so cunningly nikked from the sl*t^H^H^H^H
> Zaruga. No way . Take! Take! Take! Use it on the lads, it won't wash
> with me and neither will you! *ting* Mineminemineminemine.

How do you know it is your tuning fork? I stole^H^H^H^H^H borrowed it all
by myself. *ting* right back.

> >> David, the Romantic Garbage Guy (now I just need a cape and a sidekick)
>
> Don't lookit me, I'm a solo act....well, sometimes a duet, but I'm
> still trying to attract the right front-man....

This is one of those lines which produces images which noone should have
to imagine.

> >Well seeing as we're already having so much fun together I'll be your side
> >kick, Washing-up Girl
>
> HEY!
>
> Out! Out! Shooo! I've got better things to do than listen
> to your prepubescent polyamoury! There's a souffle in the oven!!!!!

Hey, just a minute I still have those plates and the mugs and the pots
over there to finish. I may be polyamourous but I _do_ help you clean up.
Um the souffle fell sorry. It must have been all youre slamming of doors
when you realised people could see you with the gloves.

Who, me?
-But I didn't tell anyone.

MELANIE TOM

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Michelena Riosa wrote:
> MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:
> >>=20

> >> Sure, no better reason to stop drying dishes than to serve someone a
> >> drink. Where do I put the wet towels, by the way?
>=20

> >Give them to Michelena, she needs something to cover... no don't look.
>=20

> Not unless you want the rest of you life feel somwhat *disappointing*
>=20

> Michelena modestly and _gratefully_ accepts the towels and, with a
> deft motion of her wrist, transtorms them into a sarong and halter of
> cunning ingenuity and stylish flair....
>=20
> Ta.

Wow I wish I could d something like that, when I tried it all I managed
was to flick myself in the eye.

> >WHO, ME?
> >-I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY I NEVER TOUCHED HIM.

>=20

> >I changed the header finally

>=20
> Yes you did, BUT WE'RE NOT DEAF....=09

Yes but HE speaks like that.

Who, me?
-I do know somw ettiquite, even if I don't allways apply it.

Michelena Riosa

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:

>This is one of those lines which produces images which noone should have
>to imagine.

High Noone, to be precise....It's *hard*, being me....*sigh*

>> Out! Out! Shooo! I've got better things to do than listen
>> to your prepubescent polyamoury! There's a souffle in the oven!!!!!

>Hey, just a minute I still have those plates and the mugs and the pots
>over there to finish. I may be polyamourous but I _do_ help you clean up.
>Um the souffle fell sorry. It must have been all youre slamming of doors
>when you realised people could see you with the gloves.

Better with that without.....years of dyeing an' all...*shudder* and
you have been helpful....have a chalkie..

Michelena

>Who, me?
yes, you

>-But I didn't tell anyone.

You couldn't...you _don't_know_.....

dn...@msn.com

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96
to =ISO-8859-1QTim_M=FCller=

In article <00002d24...@msn.com> <Pine.OSF.3.93.961017...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> <549cgm$q...@newsfeed.ftn.net> <1996102114...@ns1117.munich.netsurf.de> <Pine.OSF.3.93.961023...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> <00002d24...@msn.com> <1996103010...@ns1140.munich.netsurf.de>,
Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tim_M=FCller?=) wrote:

> David Muggli <DN...@msn.com> wrote:
<snip>

> > Yeah, and there's a
> > lot of German heritage in central Minnesota here..."
> "The pleasure is all mine, David. By the way, where does your name come
> from? Could it be that there's some Swiss heritage in Minnesota, too?"

Why yes! And how perceptive of you to notice!
I think I am about 1/3 Swiss. [f/x: _cheesy_ American morning-show radio-guy voice:] "That's right! 66% less fat than your regular Swiss! And how do we do it? Bigger holes!"
The Muckli clan has some royal roots in Switzerland. Coat of arms, the whole deal. I'd have to consult the family scribes to tell you any more though.

> <Winks at Michelena behind David's back>

Sly dog...

> <Tim somehow completely fails to notice the amourous situation he has> interrupted [1], picks up the towel and hands it back to David>

> [1] At least that's what it seems like [2]
> [2] Coz it's pretty damn difficult _not_ to notice a bunch of roses in
> the kitchen [3]
> [3] Wanted to make a bed of them, yesno?

Aww, shoot! Yes! Roses, a bed of... It was so easy! How'd I miss that?
And I call myself the Romantic Garbage Guy! <stares at the ground>

<blinks and shakes head quickly>
Ahem. [f/x: expansive superhero voice]: Washing-Up Girl, are you there? Your primary duty as my trusty sidekick will be to kick me in the side when I falter as the Champion of Romantic Garbage.[1] <holds up arm, exposing ribs> <closes eyes and winces in anticipation>

[1] As Champion, I claim NOT to be the greatest peddler of Romantic Garbage, simply that I've signed up as a warrior on the "Side" of Romantic Garbage. ...Where most superheroes/villians have a Side affiliation in the Good vs. Evil sense, this is a Sloppy, Senseless Drivel vs. Dry, Meaningful Discussion struggle. And I think I speak for all of us when I say *Go Drivel!*

David dn...@msn.com
Yeah, I know: "ouch." (c) 10/96 DM

"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking about doing that anyway." Jack Handey, "Deep Thoughts" on Saturday Night Live

This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
http://www.dejanews.com/ [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!]

dn...@msn.com

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96
to MELANIE TOM

In article <00002d24...@msn.com> <Pine.OSF.3.93.961017...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> <549cgm$q...@newsfeed.ftn.net> <1996102114...@ns1117.munich.netsurf.de> <Pine.OSF.3.93.961023...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> <00002d24...@msn.com> <Pine.OSF.3.93.961031...@sparrow.qut.edu.au>,

MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:

> On 23 Oct 1996, David Muggli wrote:
> > Melanie Tom wrote: - - - -

<snip>

> > As I exit the room, I look (not glance) over my shoulder at you.
> > ;-)
> > And you instantly know: that wink means "Meet me in the afparlour at
> > midnight."

> I smile back at you, in a way that says "I'll be there and I'll bring the
> tuning fork, wait for me"

I shoot back a glance that says "You'll be there? Great! And with a tuning fork!"
But then I stare off into space with a look that says "What could the tuning fork be for, though? I did mention a guitar case earlier... Well, we were presumably *washing* forks in the kitchen... I've never heard of using a tuning fork in any sexual activity, though there could be a alt.sex.hamsters.ducttape.tuningfork newsgroup that I don't know about..." :-}

> > <sigh> How was that? Too much with the eyes? Not enough/not blatant
> > enough sexual innuendo? Help me out here. :-)

> It's fine, in fact it's wonderful.

> > [1] Well, no I don't *really* dry your hands with a *look*. Now
> > that'd be a super-power no woman could resist! :-D
> >

> > David, the Romantic Garbage Guy (now I just need a cape and a sidekick)

> Well seeing as we're already having so much fun together I'll be your side
> kick, Washing-up Girl

> Who, me?
> -You can't know it was me I was in disguise

[f/x: expansive superhero voice] Very well, Washing-Up Girl you shall be! Here, I have a mask for you. <holds out a handful of bubbly white foam[1]>
Together we will rid this cyberscape of crumpled napkins! ...and that icky film that dries in the bottom of a glass when you don't quite drink everything! I mean, come on, people! Just rinse your glass! Is that so much to ask?

Btw, The Tick is the best. If you haven't seen this TV cartoon show, you should. It is the light blue gem found lying in the vast wasteland that is Merkin television. And yes, I can get you a videotape with the right format for you (PAL, SECAM, NTSC) if you want.

[1] Yes, it's only dishsoap bubbles! You sick, sick people! I'm uphauled (appalled!).

dn...@msn.com

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96
to Michelena Riosa

Ms. Riosa(+) wrote:
+DN...@msn.com (David Muggli) wrote:
+>[I've just discovered recently that I'm an incredibly romantic guy.
+>But I pledge to use my powers ONLY FOR GOOD. :-) Y'see I'm afraid I
+>may overwhelm whomever I release this devastating energy upon...]
+Yeah, right....Heard _that_ one before.

Hey, what? You've heard ALL of that before? Okay, every guy calls himself romantic. And shirley some claim to have a "devastating release." <smirk> (Now I'm twisting my own words. I didn't mean it like that when I first wrote it.)

+>With that said,
+>I reach out to you and graciously, tenderly put your hands in mine.
+>As you rise to your feet, we stare deep into each other's eyes. I
+>quietly pat-dry your poor, tired hands with a look [1] that says "I
+>need you too." The towel slips out of my hands and falls to the
+>floor and we...
+That's actually not bad for a first attempt...don't worry, you'll
+get better with priactice..
Ta. That reminds me of a scene from an overlooked movie called "So I Married An Axe-Murderer." I'll not try to explain it here, tho. Two of my friends claim it's their favorite movie, but I just rate it in my top twenty. From the scene: "You don't think it was too much with the ethnic slurs?"

+>...are interrupted. It's Tim and Michelena! So that's okay! I
+>quickly help you gather up the roses and hide them and then start
+>talking to Tom.
+Getting the names right help, but I have never thought of myself
+as the chaperone type...far too helvetica. Most likely I'd
+snicker with a touch of envy...I am a possesive bitch at times
+*sigh*.
+I'm really not polyamourous....just greeeeeeedy!
(f/x: tough-guy voice) Okay, you want some-a dis? <pounds chest, and leaves bruises>

<snip>
+><sigh> How was that? Too much with the eyes? Not enough/not
+>blatant enough sexual innuendo? Help me out here. :-)
+As I sail, pretty good but kill the smileys....Keep them
+guessing.
"Kill the Smileys!" I've got a bit about smileys. Coming soon[1]. 3B-}>

+Oh, you wanted the _OTHER ONE'S_ critique...
Oh, no, I need _everyone's_ help!

+S'cuse me, I cant
+help if if I think that all flirting in the kitchen must be
+directed a mesself. *sigh* I think I'll go invent the afp
+bubble-spa....
Oh, _do_ call us when it's ready! If it's _this_ hot in the kitchen, it'll be _steamy_ in the spa...

+Michelena
+ "the sound of my heart carries well
+ over the water"
I do like that. ...Actually, I'll put that in my Romantic Garbage Guy Utility Belt (tm) and use it later.

[1] (f/x: valley-girl voice) T'yah! As if...

dn...@msn.com

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

Michelena(+) depressed computer keys in such a manner as to instruct a processor to form the following series of characters:

+MELANIE TOM <n193...@sparrow.qut.edu.au> wrote:
+>I smile back at you, in a way that says "I'll be there and I'll bring the
+>tuning fork, wait for me"
+Oh no you don't ! First you make me nekkid in _my_ kitchen....Now you
+take the tuning fork I so cunningly nikked from the sl*t^H^H^H^H
+Zaruga. No way . Take! Take! Take! Use it on the lads, it won't wash
+with me and neither will you! *ting* Mineminemineminemine.
(f/x: suave lounge-lizard voice--see Die Fledermaus on The Tick) Ladies, ladies, please. Let's not bicker about who made who[1] nekkid. Let's just enjoy it. <moves to put an arm around each Mich and Mel[2]>

+>> David, the Romantic Garbage Guy (now I just need a cape and a sidekick)
+Don't lookit me, I'm a solo act....well, sometimes a duet, but I'm
+still trying to attract the right front-man....
Well, what does this front-man look like? ...And does he have sides and a back as well? I understand that a problem with many would-be front-men is that they're two-dimensional... I'm no front man myself, tho. I used to be the quiet one, now I'm the quirky one. (I'm working my way through the Q's.)

+>Well seeing as we're already having so much fun together I'll be your side
+>kick, Washing-up Girl
+HEY!
+Out! Out! Shooo! I've got better things to do than listen
+to your prepubescent polyamoury! There's a souffle in the oven!!!!!
Oh, thanks for reminding me, this is polyamoury. Okay, let's see what can be read into this.
Washing-Up Girl[3], eh? So, she's a dirty little girl, ahaaa. Yeah, wants to come clean, yeah that fits. Yeah, we could work on the spa angle here. Say, gimme some of that sue-flay[4] while I'm mulling.

[1] Who made who? :-} [Oops. Kill the smileys, right? X'P Better?]
[2] Now if _I_ were scripting this, I'd get a slap from Michelena and a demur(e) batting of eyelashes from Melanie.
[3] (f/x: dirty old man calling phone sex line voice) So, uh, what are you wearing Washing-Up Girl?
[4] Uh-oh. That's getting into assumed names and leather whips... don't wanna go _there_...

Tim Müller

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

> > "The pleasure is all mine, David. By the way, where does your name come
> > from? Could it be that there's some Swiss heritage in Minnesota, too?"
>
> The Muckli clan has some royal roots in Switzerland. Coat of arms, the
> whole deal. I'd have to consult the family scribes to tell you any more
> though.

Royal? When did the Swiss last have nobility, let alone royality?
Boasting superheroes, that's rare, at least as kitchen societies go. MY
family roots, they go back, to, HA!, to Cesar AND Charlemagne! Yessir!

<sniggers and quickly hides Mysterios-Phantom-Ring under towel>

> Aww, shoot! Yes! Roses, a bed of... It was so easy! How'd I miss that?
> And I call myself the Romantic Garbage Guy! <stares at the ground>

Don't take it to heart. Even superheroes sometimes, well, blunder, don't
they?

> <blinks and shakes head quickly> Ahem. [f/x: expansive superhero voice]:
> Washing-Up Girl, are you there? Your primary duty as my trusty sidekick
> will be to kick me in the side when I falter as the Champion of Romantic
> Garbage.[1] <holds up arm, exposing ribs> <closes eyes and winces in
> anticipation>

<secretly turns Mysterios-Phantom-Ring twice, switches to
superhero-speed and dries the remaining dishes like nothing, while the
rest watches Romantic Garbage Guy waiting for the imminent
self-castigation>

David Muggli

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96
to Tim Müller

In article <1996110514...@ns1094.munich.netsurf.de>,
Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Tim_M=FCller?=) wrote:

> > > "The pleasure is all mine, David. By the way, where does your name come
> > > from? Could it be that there's some Swiss heritage in Minnesota, too?"
> >
> > David Muggli wrote:
> > The Muckli clan has some royal roots in Switzerland. Coat
> > of arms, the whole deal. I'd have to consult the family scribes to tell
> > you any more though.
> Royal? When did the Swiss last have nobility, let alone royality?

Okay, okay. So I know SO little about my family's history that I can't
even properly deflect queries about it. I'll try and fix that someday.

> Boasting superheroes, that's rare, at least as kitchen societies go. MY
> family roots, they go back, to, HA!, to Cesar AND Charlemagne! Yessir!
> <sniggers and quickly hides Mysterios-Phantom-Ring under towel>

<snip>

> <secretly turns Mysterios-Phantom-Ring twice, switches to> superhero-speed

> and dries the remaining dishes like nothing...>

"Yeah, Baby, yeah!" Devious is good! The latest episode of The Tick
centered on a Mad Science Fair. On a more classical super-villian note,
ever heard of the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow and their daunting
Orbital Mind Control Lasers? Or maybe Leonardo DaVinci and his Fightin'
Genius Time Commandos?

David dn...@msn.com
Yeah, I know: "ouch." (c) 10/96 DM
"I wish I would have a real tragic love affair and get so bummed out that I'd
just quit my job and become a bum for a few years, because I was thinking
about doing that anyway." Jack Handey, "Deep Thoughts" on Saturday Night Live

This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:

http://www.dejanews.com/ [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News]

Tim Mueller

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

Then David Muggli wrote:
> > > The Muckli clan has some royal roots in Switzerland. Coat
> > > of arms, the whole deal. I'd have to consult the family scribes to tell
> > > you any more though.

And Tim replied sarcastically:

> Royal? When did the Swiss last have nobility, let alone royality?

Whereupon David shot back:

> Okay, okay. So I know SO little about my family's history that I can't
> even properly deflect queries about it. I'll try and fix that someday.

Dunno if that's worthwhile. In my case all I could dig up where lots of
utterly boring engineers and mathematicians moving through Germany from
the north to the east to the west to the south and back doing nothing
thrilling except ony guy dying of syphilis in the late 19th century.

<Snipped a paragraph or two>

> "Yeah, Baby, yeah!" Devious is good! The latest episode of The Tick
> centered on a Mad Science Fair. On a more classical super-villian note,
> ever heard of the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow and their daunting
> Orbital Mind Control Lasers? Or maybe Leonardo DaVinci and his Fightin'
> Genius Time Commandos?

Huh? Who are these? Are they all in the superhero-business? I guess I
should hand in my resignation tomorrow, that's just not my league, I#m
afraid.

Over to you, Romantic...

tm

mugg...@aol.com

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

In article <1996111418...@ns1201.munich.netsurf.de>,
Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim Mueller) wrote:

> > David Muggli <dn...@msn.com> wrote:

<merciless (but equal) snipping of Tim's and my blathering>

> > "Yeah, Baby, yeah!" Devious is good! The latest episode of The Tick
> > centered on a Mad Science Fair. On a more classical super-villian
note,
> > ever heard of the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow and their
daunting
> > Orbital Mind Control Lasers? Or maybe Leonardo DaVinci and his
Fightin'
> > Genius Time Commandos?
> Huh? Who are these? Are they all in the superhero-business? I guess I
> should hand in my resignation tomorrow, that's just not my league, I#m
> afraid.
> Over to you, Romantic...
> tm

Don't turn in your tights just yet! The reason I know so much about
superheroes is I play(ed) way too many games. My cousin, Marcus, has a
large comic book collection; big enough to be insured!

The Evil Geniuses For a Better
Tomorrow are from the Illuminati trilogy of books by... well, by someone
creative whose fans would certainly berate me for not worshipping
him[1]. *I* however never read the books, I played the game! There's
actually two Illuminati card games. The game INWO (Illuminati: New World
Order) came out on the heels of Magic: The Gathering[2]. The original
game is maybe fifteen years old, from Steve Jackson games.

Anyway, the jist of the Illuminati _game_ is that there are several
secret societies competing to take over the world. So the Bavarian
Illuminati might try to befoul the UFO's plot to control the C.I.A. Or
the Bermuda Triangle might seize control of Japan, which had been
secretly controlled by the Druids who were controlled by the Servants
of Cthulu. The Evil Geniuses For a Better Tomorrow are just a
normal group, not an Illuminati group. I would highly recommend
exploring the twisted world-view of the Illuminati. Search the net!

"Leonardo DaVinci's Fightin' Genius Time Commandos" is just a great name.

It's from The Tick TV show too, so it's not a classic like the Evil
Geniuses. In the show, inventive geniuses were plucked from throughout
history by a bad guy. Among the geniuses were DaVinci, George Washington
Carver (inventor of way too many uses for peanuts) and the cavewoman who
invented the wheel[4]. I'm sure there's some webpages out there for The
Tick. If you like what you see there, I can copy a videotape with some
episodes for you in whatever TV format you use. :-) I'm nice that way.

Fantastic stories are fun, and I'm sure I'll get no argument from this
crowd. The Tick pokes fun at superheroes and the Illuminati game pokes
fun at world affairs in general. Hmm, <looks puzzled[5]> there's a
certain author too who pokes fun at fantasy novels...

[1] Mr. Pratchett can count himself among my favourite authors by
default,
as I've really only read a few books in my life for enjoyment. But I've
got friends who read and read and read and then tell me little bits.

[2] INWO is complex, slow and the winner is determined mostly by luck.
The cards themselves are very cool. For instance, the card representing
NASA[3] has a picture depicting a movie soundstage with a moonscape set.
There's great slogans on some, like "If there's one thing we can't stand
it's intolerance." Tim, you'll be happy to know, the card for Germany
is quite powerful.

[3] I was born July 20, 1969. My middle name starts with N. What's my
name?

[4] The cavewoman ends up getting back-royalties for her invention of the

wheel! Big Money!

[5] Yes, suddenly, little hairline fractures appear all over David and he

takes on the consistency of cardboard!

Don't be fooled. Muggtron and I are one and the same. I just like 50
free hours of access, courtesy of AOL, once in a while. :-)

Tim Mueller

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

<mugg...@aol.com> wrote:

<lots of snipping and snapping, shamelessly again>

> The Evil Geniuses For a Better
> Tomorrow are from the Illuminati trilogy of books by...

I actually read those books some years ago, though I only had the German
translation. I sort of liked them, despite the fact that I didn't
understand about 7/8ths of the story. But it's supposed to be this way,
innit?
Probably the Evil Geniuses were translated into German as something
utterly ridiculous and stupid, like <backtranslating> "The Bad
Intelligent People For a Better Hereafter", I'm not sure, though, but
thats what German translators ususally do to English phrases [1].

> *I* however never read the books, I played the game! There's
> actually two Illuminati card games. The game INWO (Illuminati: New World
> Order) came out on the heels of Magic: The Gathering[2]. The original
> game is maybe fifteen years old, from Steve Jackson games.

I even used to play that game (the original version), but that was quite
some time ago and, again, in German.

> It's from The Tick TV show too, so it's not a classic like the Evil
> Geniuses.

That a Merkin show? And still running? Coz if so, I will have the
opportunity to watch it soon for I'm going to spend three months in San
Francisco. Yeah! You DO have one zilliard TV-Programmes over there,
don't you?

BTW, you Merkins, any comments or suggestions about San Fran? Places to
see, people to avoid? Any secret, hidden cellars where a heathen German
can enjoy a decent smoke? No, I *mean* ordinary cigarettes, not what
*you* think? Anything at all?

Tim

[1] Thats why I never read a Pterry book in German.

Paul E. Jamison

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim Mueller) wrote:

[snippety-doo-dah, snippety-ay]

>That [the Tick] a Merkin show? And still running? Coz if so, I will have the

>opportunity to watch it soon for I'm going to spend three months in San
>Francisco. Yeah! You DO have one zilliard TV-Programmes over there,
>don't you?

Yeah, baby, yeah! The **BEST** cartoon show in the Saturday Morning
lineup and the Fox Network has it! (Note the subtle clue as to when
and where to find it. Check local listings.)

What can I say about the Big Blue Guy? Well... Big. Blue. Strong.
Invulnerable. Kinda scrambled in the brain dept. And some of the
*weirdest* super-guys around.

You *gotta* watch this show!

>BTW, you Merkins, any comments or suggestions about San Fran? Places to
>see, people to avoid? Any secret, hidden cellars where a heathen German
>can enjoy a decent smoke? No, I *mean* ordinary cigarettes, not what
>*you* think? Anything at all?

>Tim

Couldn't help you on the ciggie question, Tim, being a non-smoker
myself (fortunately, I'm also a non-lecturer.). San Francisco (Never
call it "Frisco"!) is great. I visited there once for a week and
thoroughly enjoyed it. You've got *way* too big a choice of
restaurants there for me to recommend any, beyond visiting the
Ghirardelli's Chocolate Factory.

If you want to do the touristy thing, hop the cable cars. The only
public transport in Merka that's a National Treasure or something
official like that.

Lotsa stuff to do and see in San Fran.

SPOOOON!!!! - The Tick

A.C. Barentyne

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996 03:42:07 GMT, pau...@dtc.net (Paul E. Jamison)
wrote:

>>That [the Tick] a Merkin show? And still running? Coz if so, I will have the
>>opportunity to watch it soon for I'm going to spend three months in San
>>Francisco. Yeah! You DO have one zilliard TV-Programmes over there,
>>don't you?
>
>Yeah, baby, yeah! The **BEST** cartoon show in the Saturday Morning
>lineup and the Fox Network has it! (Note the subtle clue as to when
>and where to find it. Check local listings.)

For those who can't get by, the show is based on a series of comic
books written and drawn by Ben Edlund (who is one of the creative
people on the show now, as well). The series ran for only twelve
issues, but is wildly hilarious. I reccomend y'all giving it a shot,
if you can find it.

A.C. Barentyne

Midnight Tree Bandit

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

In the last episode, we saw Paul E. Jamison say:

>Yeah, baby, yeah! The **BEST** cartoon show in the Saturday Morning
>lineup and the Fox Network has it! (Note the subtle clue as to when
>and where to find it. Check local listings.)

It is also on Comedy Central, for thos ewith Cable access, on Saturday night
at 11:00 PM EST (the show from two weeks previous) and Sunday night at 7:00pm
EST (the show from one week previous). So you can watch three weeks' worth in
just one weekend!

>SPOOOON!!!! - The Tick

"Evildoers! Eat my justice!"

-=><=-

100,000 druids can't be wrong! | \| | Keeper of
Rev. Midnight Tree Bandit (ULC) | \\| |\__o The Arboretum
mtba...@mindspring.com | __\\| |\`/ Hedgehog Sanctuary
http://www.io.com/~mtbandit/ | /____\ <----(actual photo)

Carl Muckenhoupt

Nov 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/26/96

pau...@dtc.net (Paul E. Jamison) writes:

>Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim Mueller) wrote:

>[snippety-doo-dah, snippety-ay]

>>That [the Tick] a Merkin show? And still running? Coz if so, I will have the

>>opportunity to watch it soon for I'm going to spend three months in San
>>Francisco. Yeah! You DO have one zilliard TV-Programmes over there,
>>don't you?

>Yeah, baby, yeah! The **BEST** cartoon show in the Saturday Morning

>lineup and the Fox Network has it! (Note the subtle clue as to when
>and where to find it. Check local listings.)

>What can I say about the Big Blue Guy? Well... Big. Blue. Strong.

>Invulnerable. Kinda scrambled in the brain dept. And some of the
>*weirdest* super-guys around.

Excuse me, but I think you mean *nigh* invulnerable.

--
Carl Muckenhoupt | Text Adventures are not dead!
b...@tiac.net | Read rec.[arts|games].int-fiction to see

Dick Eney

Nov 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/27/96

In article <578g80$1...@nnrp3.farm.idt.net>,

Paul E. Jamison <pau...@dtc.net> wrote:
>Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim Mueller) wrote:
>
>[snippety-doo-dah, snippety-ay]
>
>>BTW, you Merkins, any comments or suggestions about San Fran? Places to
>>see, people to avoid?

<snup>

>If you want to do the touristy thing, hop the cable cars. The only
>public transport in Merka that's a National Treasure or something
>official like that.

Do the cable cars, yes, but if you sit on the outside, keep a sharp eye
ahead for weirdos who open the taxi door on the side toward the traffic; a
few years back several people were severely injured because some damn fool
did that as the cable car was coming. (It's against the law, IIRC, but
some people have no sense.) If you happen to get involved with driving a
car, the law in SF is that you must crank the front wheels until they
touch the curb when you park. Those hills are steep!

The waterfront and Chinatown are kind of interesting too. A side trip
(takes a car, IIRC), to Berkeley is a step back into the 1960s - very odd
feeling.

=Tamar (sharing account dick...@access.digex.net)

Elusis

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

Dick Eney <dick...@access2.digex.net> wrote:
> Paul E. Jamison <pau...@dtc.net> wrote:
> >Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim Mueller) wrote:
> >
> >[snippety-doo-dah, snippety-ay]
> >
> >>BTW, you Merkins, any comments or suggestions about San Fran? Places to
> >>see, people to avoid?

> The waterfront and Chinatown are kind of interesting too. A side trip

> (takes a car, IIRC), to Berkeley is a step back into the 1960s - very odd
> feeling.

Dare I suggest a trip to either the Berkeley or downtown location of the
Good Vibrations store? ;>

There's also this really good crepe restaurant near the downtown one.
Trouble is, I don't remember the name of it... near some kind of bar with
lots of beers on tap... am I narrowing it sufficiently yet? <g> Bloody
good crepes, though, if you can find it. :>

Elusis
+ Your blood's on my hands/It's kind of a shame, 'cos I did like that +
+ dress + I could step off the end of this pier but I got shit to do +
+ You get what anyone gets: you get a lifetime + The Turtle Moves +
+ out of the ash I rise with my red hair and I eat men like air +

Robert Douglas Fannion

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

imensional.com>:

1. Walk across the Golden Gate. If you don't have the time then
just stopping at the northern observation point for a look back at the
city and the Bay is worth it (first exit after crossing the bridge
northbound).

2. Berkeley. THe University (take the elevator to the top of
Sather Tower), Telegraph Avenue (get a body-piercing done by a street
vendor of exotica if you want a lifetime experience), and find a bad Asian
resteraunt (just throw a rock and you'll hit one).

3. Alcatraz. Why you didn't want to be a criminal in the Good
Old Days, though you did get the best view of the City in the whole Bay
Area.

4. Coit Tower and the Cable Car Thang. Just cruise around the
downtown area. Russian Hill, Fisherman's Wharf, etc. This is horribly
touristy, so ONLY go on a weekday, but it's worth seeing. If you're into
'60's flashback stuff, stop by the City Lights bookstore.

5. Chinatown. 'nuff said.

6. Head out to ocean beach

7. If you have mobility of your own (and no one in california
could contemplate life without a car) then head down the peninsula to Palo
Alto and see the Stanford University campus and (especially) the Rodin
Sculpture gardens. Palo Alto also has a nice downtown and a couple of
good resteraunts (I reccomend the sushi).

8. If you have time and transport, tour the Wine Country of Napa
Valley and drive along the coast northward to Pt. Reyes Lighthouse. A
beautiful drive and worth it, but take at least a full day in the Wine
country.

9. Again only for the driving, visit Santa Cruz for a real hippie
trip (they moved there from Berkeley in the '70's). Visit the Boardwalk
(go in spring on a weekday for the best weather and the fewest people) and
have some great seafood.

10. Back in SF proper, take a tram out to the Sunset district and
look at the old SF architecture if you're into such things.

11. The Marina district and the 1917(?) World's Fair grounds.
Palace of Fine Art, etc.

12. Finally, before you leave, drive east on the Bay Bridge and
get off at Yerba Buena Island (in the middle). Track around to the
military base on Treasure Island and stop at the SF-facing observation
area. No tourists, just military folks who will look at you strangely,
and you get the best view of SF from the Bay side that you can barring a
tour by yacht.

Further inquiries or disputes welcome.

-Robert
"There is nothing so despicable as debating with
oneself in terms chosen based upon their
plausibility to others."
-von Doderer

Elusis

Nov 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/28/96

Robert Douglas Fannion <r...@uclink2.berkeley.edu> wrote:
<what to do in SF>

> 3. Alcatraz. Why you didn't want to be a criminal in the Good
> Old Days, though you did get the best view of the City in the whole Bay
> Area.

I heartily second that. The headphone tour they have available is well
worth the price - it's truly amazingly well done. Trivia: when I visited
last Thanksgiving, they had parts of the island roped off, because they were
filming "The Rock". Didn't see Sean Connery, not surprisingly.

> 8. If you have time and transport, tour the Wine Country of Napa
> Valley and drive along the coast northward to Pt. Reyes Lighthouse. A
> beautiful drive and worth it, but take at least a full day in the Wine
> country.

Actually, I'd suggest Sonoma rather than Napa. It's slightly farther, but
there's a lovely clump of about seven wineries within a quarter mile of each
other (Chateau St. Jean on the north, Kunde on the south - definitely take
the cave tour at Kunde). Saves on the intoxicated driving part. :>

To add to my vague description of "go to the crepe restaurant!", you might
also want to dine at "The Stinking Rose". Their motto is "we serve food
with our garlic" - a truly wonderful place. Kinda touristy, but the food
was delicious. They even have a few non-garlic entrees (marked with a
little vampire on the menu) for those who don't wish to indulge.

Joy Green

Dec 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/2/96

It has come to my attention thatTim...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim
Mueller) wrote:

>BTW, you Merkins, any comments or suggestions about San Fran?

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair?

Joy

Paul E. Jamison

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

ton...@central.co.nz (Joy Green) wrote:

'Cause if you go to San Francisco,
You're sure to find some gentle people there.

Sorry -- but I've always loved that song
(Does this date me or what?).

Tim Mueller

Dec 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/3/96

Joy Green <ton...@central.co.nz> wrote:

> Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair?

Hair? No hair worth speaking of.

Benjamin Hutchings

Dec 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/4/96

In article <1996120317...@ns1132.munich.netsurf.de>,

Tim Mueller <Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de> wrote:
>Joy Green <ton...@central.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair?
>
>Hair? No hair worth speaking of.

Wear a wig then. Hmm, how about a merkin, just to fit in?

<g,d&r>

--
Ben Hutchings,|finger m95...@booth42.ecs.ox.ac.uk|mail benjamin.hutchings@
compsci&mathmo|lynx http://users.ox.ac.uk/~worc0223|worcester.oxford.ac.uk

ppint.

Dec 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/4/96

- hi. in afparticle, <580bkk$l...@nnrp2.farm.idt.net>,
pau...@dtc.net "Paul E. Jamison" ed:

> ton...@central.co.nz (Joy Green) wrote:
>> It has come to my attention that
>> Tim.M...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim Mueller) wrote:
>
>>>BTW, you Merkins, any comments or suggestions about San Fran?
>
>>Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair?
>
>'Cause if you go to San Francisco,
>You're sure to find some gentle people there.

- all across the nation,
such a strange vibration;

>Sorry -- but I've always loved that song
>(Does this date me or what?).

- as an unreconstructed hippie ? - probably; ask rocky...

- love, ppint.

pp.s. - btw, i felt his (scottmckenzie's) second single had
something rather more about it, for all it was rather less
upbeat, and less catchy, a ditty - "Don't Come On So Groovy"
--
"the life of a vegetable is of absolutely no interest whatsoever -
including to the vegetable in question. i speak from experience."

Peter Bleackley

Dec 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/6/96

In California, (Paul E. Jamison) writes:
|> ton...@central.co.nz (Joy Green) wrote:
|>
|> >It has come to my attention thatTim...@munich.netsurf.de (Tim

|> >Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair?
|>
|> 'Cause if you go to San Francisco,
|> You're sure to find some gentle people there.
|>
|> Sorry -- but I've always loved that song
|> (Does this date me or what?).

U've heard of afproposals, but going out with a message is just plain
wierd[1].

[1] And so is my state of mind, after a lunch consisting mainly of
mulled wine [2]
[2] Not my own recipe, though [3].
[3] Now on the recipe server!

--
~PETE "QUANTUM" BLEACKLEY~
Daleks! Repent of your evil ways, and live in peace as plumbers!