[I] Apropos of Barry White news...

CCA

Jul 5, 2003, 6:58:54 AM7/5/03
What's your favourite sexy song?
CCA:)
--
Family Bites Website at www.falboroughhall.co.uk

Peter Ellis

Jul 5, 2003, 8:15:10 AM7/5/03
sphi...@aol.com wrote:

>What's your favourite sexy song?

# Rubber duckie, you're the one
<excited squeak><excited squeak>
# You make bathtime lots of fun
<excited squeak><excited squeak>
# Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you...

Peter (refusing all explanation)

Martyn Clapham

Jul 5, 2003, 9:06:11 AM7/5/03
In message <MPG.1970d1adf...@news.cis.dfn.de>, Peter Ellis
<pj...@cam.ac.uk> writes

Thank gawd for that, as _anything_ you could say would be well into the
realms of 'Too Much Information'!

Mart - hoping he can get the images out of his mind before CCDE.
--
afpslave to CCA

Melody S-K

Jul 5, 2003, 9:36:32 AM7/5/03

"Peter Ellis" <pj...@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message

*Giggles* muchly

Wondering *how* to look Peter and Julie in their faces again ..

:)

Melody

Daibhid Ceannaideach

Jul 5, 2003, 9:59:58 AM7/5/03

>From: Martyn Clapham afp...@pendlesider.demon.co.uk
>Date: 05/07/03 14:06 GMT Daylight Time
>
>In message <MPG.1970d1adf...@news.cis.dfn.de>, Peter Ellis
><pj...@cam.ac.uk> writes
>>sphi...@aol.com wrote:
>>>
>>>What's your favourite sexy song?
>>
>># Rubber duckie, you're the one
>><excited squeak><excited squeak>
>># You make bathtime lots of fun
>><excited squeak><excited squeak>
>># Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you...
>>
>>Peter (refusing all explanation)
>
>Thank gawd for that, as _anything_ you could say would be well into the
>realms of 'Too Much Information'!

I think we're *already* in the realms of TMI.

Anyway, while I grant it's not as sexy, I always preferred "C Is For Cookie"...

--
Dave
Now Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc for FOUR years

Nigel Stapley

Jul 5, 2003, 10:15:56 AM7/5/03

"CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message

> What's your favourite sexy song?

I think I have one which manages to be romantic and sexy at the same time :

"Waiting For A Girl Like You" by Foreigner. One of the greatest love songs
of all time.

--
Regards,

Nigel Stapley

unet_pr...@judgemental.minus.com

<change minus to plus to reply>

David Chapman

Jul 5, 2003, 11:50:02 AM7/5/03
The Department of Pre-Crime reports that Peter Ellis will say:

> sphi...@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> What's your favourite sexy song?
>
> # Rubber duckie, you're the one
> <excited squeak><excited squeak>
> # You make bathtime lots of fun
> <excited squeak><excited squeak>
> # Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you...

I'll never look at Julie quite the same way again...

--
I believe in animal testing.
<thud>

Paul E. Jamison

Jul 5, 2003, 3:38:54 PM7/5/03
Nigel Stapley wrote:

> "CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > What's your favourite sexy song?
>
> I think I have one which manages to be romantic and sexy at the same time :
>
> "Waiting For A Girl Like You" by Foreigner. One of the greatest love songs
> of all time.

Oh, yes. An excellent choice.

Being of an odd frame of mind, I'd say my favorite right at
the mo' is "Let Me Make You Smile In Bed" by the Four
Postmen. Well, it's *about* sex, or, more precisely, begging
for it.

Paul E. Jamison, who has been expanding his library of
musical Dementia lately

--

"Please let me make you sweat!
Please let me make you moan!

LynneM

Jul 5, 2003, 2:36:23 PM7/5/03
sphi...@aol.com (CCA) wrote in message news:<20030705065854...@mb-m26.aol.com>...

> What's your favourite sexy song?
> CCA:)

Failing "I'm a hippopotamus with a big bottomus", it has to be "Your
love is king" by Sade. Definitely a song to get horizontal too, or
wherever.

LynneM

Kegs

Jul 5, 2003, 2:44:29 PM7/5/03
sphi...@aol.com (CCA) writes:

> What's your favourite sexy song?

Well more romantic than sexy, but either "Must I paint you a picture"
or "Ontario, Quebec and me" both by billy bragg.

--
James jamesk[at]beeb[dot]net

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without
accepting it." Aristotle

Thomas Hamann

Jul 5, 2003, 3:19:48 PM7/5/03
daibhidc...@aol.com (Daibhid Ceannaideach) sat down on a rock,
and, after some blank staring at the equally blank sky, thought:

>>From: Martyn Clapham afp...@pendlesider.demon.co.uk
>>Date: 05/07/03 14:06 GMT Daylight Time
>>
>>In message <MPG.1970d1adf...@news.cis.dfn.de>, Peter Ellis
>><pj...@cam.ac.uk> writes

>>># Rubber duckie, you're the one
>>><excited squeak><excited squeak>
>>># You make bathtime lots of fun
>>><excited squeak><excited squeak>
>>># Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you...
>>>
>>>Peter (refusing all explanation)
>>
>>Thank gawd for that, as _anything_ you could say would be well into the
>>realms of 'Too Much Information'!
>
>I think we're *already* in the realms of TMI.
>
>Anyway, while I grant it's not as sexy, I always preferred "C Is For Cookie"...

I think I prefer the ZZ Top song that has the line(s):

"...She gets out the nightstick and hurt me real real bad!"

^_-;;

Thomas Hamann
--
Website: http://evilskylark.tripod.com/
Rec.Arts.Anime.Models Posting Policies: http://evilskylark.tripod.com/faqs.htm

Eric Jarvis

Jul 5, 2003, 4:22:22 PM7/5/03
CCA wrote:

> What's your favourite sexy song?

Mr Donut by St Etienne
L'Anmou Pas Mechan by Bisso Na Bisso
It's Only Natural by Crowded House
and pretty much anything by Otis Redding

--
eric - afprelationships in headers
www.ericjarvis.co.uk

Nigel Stapley

Jul 5, 2003, 4:23:42 PM7/5/03

"Paul E. Jamison" <paul...@infionline.net> wrote in message

> Nigel Stapley wrote:
>

> > "CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > What's your favourite sexy song?
> >
> > I think I have one which manages to be romantic and sexy at the same
time :

> > "Waiting For A Girl Like You" by Foreigner. One of the greatest love
songs
> > of all time.
> >

> Oh, yes. An excellent choice.
>
> Being of an odd frame of mind, I'd say my favorite right at
> the mo' is "Let Me Make You Smile In Bed" by the Four
> Postmen. Well, it's *about* sex, or, more precisely, begging
> for it.

Yes - sums up the dilemma of modern manhood very nicely, that one.

--
"Be Joyfully Senseless!"

Regards,

Nigel Stapley
(who downloads mp3s of Dr. D.'s shows from an ftp server which he won't name
because of its limited capactity)

Gid Holyoake

Jul 6, 2003, 6:20:03 AM7/6/03
In article <20030705065854...@mb-m26.aol.com>, CCA generously
decided to share with us..

> What's your favourite sexy song?

Hmmm.. a song isn't normally long enough.. can we do sexiest albums?.. if
we can then :

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Yes - Close To The Edge
Mike Oldfield - Platinum
ELP - Trilogy

That'll do for a kick off..

Gid

CCA

Jul 6, 2003, 7:47:22 AM7/6/03
Martyn Clapham wrote

>Peter Ellis writes

>>sphi...@aol.com wrote:

>>>What's your favourite sexy song?

>># Rubber duckie, you're the one
>><excited squeak><excited squeak>

>># You make bathtime lots of fun...

>>Peter (refusing all explanation)

>Thank gawd for that, as _anything_ you could say would be well into the
>realms of 'Too Much Information'!

>Mart - hoping he can get the images out of his mind before CCDE.

I'm just hoping I can refrain from humming it...

PHOEBE123

Jul 6, 2003, 1:02:50 PM7/6/03
> > What's your favourite sexy song?

*For smoochies: "Jackie's Strength" Tori Amos. (I want to dance to this at
my wedding day.)
*For lusting off your panties: "Black Cherry" (the album) by Goldfrapp.
*sings*: "put your dirty angel face between my legs...." and the
undesputable Beyonce Knowles for "Naughty Girl" and "Crazy in Love"
*For wanting to sleep with the artist (and therefore sexy): Justin
Timberlake, "Work It" *Sings* "I can think of a coupla positions for you..."
JUSTIN! I'm over here! I'll do the things Britney won't too! Cameron Diaz
isn't worth it!

Sian
XxX

Mary Kay, Librarian

Jul 6, 2003, 3:35:33 PM7/6/03

"CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Any power ballad by Aerosmith :) But especially "Angel".

MK :)

Martin Hooper

Jul 6, 2003, 5:30:11 PM7/6/03
In article <be9tch$2p456$1...@ID-186609.news.dfncis.de>,
rlar...@niagararc.com says...

> "CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > What's your favourite sexy song?
> > CCA:)

The Lady in Red - Chris de Burgh
Barry White - Your my last my everything

--
Martin Hooper
http://www.martinjh.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Simon Callan

Jul 6, 2003, 5:48:19 PM7/6/03
In message <qEyZjeAD1sB$Ew...@pendlesider.demon.co.uk>
Martyn Clapham <afp...@pendlesider.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <MPG.1970d1adf...@news.cis.dfn.de>, Peter Ellis
> <pj...@cam.ac.uk> writes
> >sphi...@aol.com wrote:
> >>
> >>What's your favourite sexy song?
> >
> ># Rubber duckie, you're the one
> ><excited squeak><excited squeak>
> ># You make bathtime lots of fun
> ><excited squeak><excited squeak>
> ># Rubber duckie, I'm awfully fond of you...
> >
> >Peter (refusing all explanation)
>
> Thank gawd for that, as _anything_ you could say would be well into the
> realms of 'Too Much Information'!

Talking about TMI, I wonder if Peter was thing about this duck?
Got to http://www.goodvibes.com/ and once you get past the main
page type 'duck' into the search box, and prepare to be intrigued.

Simon

--
Livejournal: http://nallac.livejournal.com/

Warwick

Jul 6, 2003, 5:53:44 PM7/6/03
In article <20030705065854...@mb-m26.aol.com>, sphia9341
@aol.com says...

> What's your favourite sexy song?

Madness- House of fun.

Warwick

Peter Ellis

Jul 6, 2003, 5:59:43 PM7/6/03
si...@callan.demon.co.uk wrote:

>Talking about TMI, I wonder if Peter was thing about this duck?

Got one!

Peter

Peter Ellis

Jul 6, 2003, 6:09:11 PM7/6/03

Er, to clarify...

"My comment induced the predicted response!"
not
"I possess the aforementioned item!"

HTH,
Peter ;-)

Mary Messall

Jul 6, 2003, 6:10:27 PM7/6/03
PHOEBE123 wrote:
> > > What's your favourite sexy song?
> *For smoochies: "Jackie's Strength" Tori Amos. (I want to dance to this at
> my wedding day.)

You want to be thinking about the Kennedy assassination on your wedding day?

I was going to suggest "Raspberry Swirl" as the sexiest song I'd ever
heard, off that same album. It almost makes me uncomfortable, especially
to listen to it in public. The heavy breathing, the urgent rhythm, and
lyrics like "If you want inside her world, you gotta make her raspberry
swirl"...

-Mary

Andy Davison

Jul 6, 2003, 6:59:13 PM7/6/03
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:58:54 +0000, CCA wrote in message
<20030705065854...@mb-m26.aol.com>:

> What's your favourite sexy song?

I would have to say pretty well anything on the album Afterglow by Dr John.
--
Andy Davison
an...@oiyou.force9.co.uk

LynneM

Jul 6, 2003, 8:03:33 PM7/6/03
"PHOEBE123" <PHOE...@ic24.net> wrote in message news:<vgglmer...@corp.supernews.com>...

We actually led off the dancing to the 12" of "Lovesong" by The Cure
at our wedding. It's a bugger to slow dance to. But there we are. It
was followed by ABC's "Look of Love". Do we spot a theme here?

Still, Temple of Love got some serious dance floor action. And seeing
Simon's yoga teacher aunt dancing to the Rolevolting Cocks' "Bears,
Steers and Queers" just made my lunar year.

LynneM

Eric Jarvis

Jul 7, 2003, 7:33:47 AM7/7/03

you have a deeply sick mind...and I'm proud to know you

--
eric

Sylvain Chambon

Jul 7, 2003, 8:34:01 AM7/7/03
Mary Messall says...

> I was going to suggest "Raspberry Swirl" as the sexiest song I'd ever
> heard, off that same album. It almost makes me uncomfortable, especially
> to listen to it in public. The heavy breathing, the urgent rhythm, and
> lyrics like "If you want inside her world, you gotta make her raspberry
> swirl"...

Oh...

Now I know what my answer to the question is: "Je t'aime, moi non plus"
by Gainsbourg and Birkin.

Similarly embarrassing to listen to in public, and very sexy indeed!

S.

Richard Bos

Jul 7, 2003, 8:41:33 AM7/7/03
Sylvain Chambon <sgpch...@yahoo.com> wrote:

That's not sexy... that's pornographic!

Richard

PHOEBE123

Jul 7, 2003, 9:05:27 AM7/7/03

> You want to be thinking about the Kennedy assassination on your wedding
day?

Well the bit that goes: "I got lost on my wedding day... typical the police
came but virgins always get backstage, no matter what they got to say..."
Lovely song. And the video of her is Tori in a wedding dress, running to
catch up with her younger self.And Jackie O was seen as the perfect wife in
American's eyes, as well.

> I was going to suggest "Raspberry Swirl" as the sexiest song I'd ever
> heard, off that same album. It almost makes me uncomfortable, especially
> to listen to it in public. The heavy breathing, the urgent rhythm, and
> lyrics like "If you want inside her world, you gotta make her raspberry
> swirl"...

*puts on her Tori Amos geek hat on and pushes up glasses* I have listened to
this album, and the other six she's done, a countless number of times. Yes,
it's very sexy, I agree. And the lyrics go: "If you want inside her well,
boy you better make her rasberry swirl..." Again, on the same album, "i i i
e" is a sumptuous mix of Bedouin drums and dirty bass. Pure sex, that, with
Tori "aiiiie...."ing in the background.

Sian
XxX

(Huge Big Tori fan...)

Daibhid Ceannaideach

Jul 7, 2003, 11:31:53 AM7/7/03

I recall my Mum telling me that the first time she heard it, she and my Dad
exchanged blank looks and said "And they banned it because...?"

CCA

Jul 7, 2003, 1:18:36 PM7/7/03
Eric Jarvis wrote

>Warwick wrote:

>sphia9341
>> @aol.com says...

>> > What's your favourite sexy song?

>> Madness- House of fun.

>you have a deeply sick mind...and I'm proud to know you

I remember when that song was number one...I was twelve, and had no idea what
the lyrics were all about. "Party hats with the featherlite what?"

Brian Howlett

Jul 7, 2003, 1:23:23 PM7/7/03
On 7 Jul, "PHOEBE123" <PHOE...@ic24.net> wrote:

[snip]

> Sian
> XxX
>
> (Huge Big Tori fan...)

And how does Huge Big Tori feel about you?
--
Brian Howlett
Holiday report from the Orkneys - <http://www.jaggies.btinternet.co.uk/orkney/>

Louise

Jul 7, 2003, 6:14:48 PM7/7/03

> Eric Jarvis wrote
>
> >Warwick wrote:
>
> >sphia9341
> >> @aol.com says...

> >> Madness- House of fun.
>

> >you have a deeply sick mind...and I'm proud to know you
>
> I remember when that song was number one...I was twelve, and had no idea
what
> the lyrics were all about. "Party hats with the featherlite what?"
> CCA:)

touch.

ce Upside down question mark as Manuel would have said.
You made me google for the lyrics and now it is bedtime and I will never
forgive you. I am
a) trying to get the damned tune out of my head
b) understand the lyrics.

Something about pints and what other fun you can have once you're sixteen.
But I don't understand the "Miss Clay" bits, or in fact any of it really.
Is it deep and meaningful, or as I had always trusted poppy nonsense?
Louise

X Kyle M Thompson

Jul 8, 2003, 4:04:37 AM7/8/03
Brian Howlett wrote:
> On 7 Jul, "PHOEBE123" <PHOE...@ic24.net> wrote:
>> (Huge Big Tori fan...)
> And how does Huge Big Tori feel about you?

A while ago I wrote to Graham Rawle of /Lost Consonant/ fame to ask about
some of his art that is for sale on his website (um, www.grahamrawle.com)

In a tyop attack I managed to describe myself as a "big flan", which I left
as it seemed appropriate somehow.

Mr Rawle picked up on it when he replied.

Lost Consonants rool!

kt.
--
.sig is in the post

Kevin Golding

Jul 8, 2003, 5:54:20 AM7/8/03
CCA <sphi...@aol.com> once did write....
>Paul E. Jamison wrote
>
>[Sexy songs]
>
>The best two so far that I can think of are 'Oops -- Oh My!' by Tweet

The part with the guy going on about his kids all over her face does
kind of spoil the mood a little for me, but the rest of it gets top
marks.

Now Black Velvet by Alannah Miles has always sent shivers down my spine,
something about her voice.

Caomhin

CCA

Jul 8, 2003, 8:10:53 AM7/8/03
Caomhin wrote

>CCA once did write....

>>[Sexy songs]

>>The best two so far that I can think of are 'Oops -- Oh My!' by Tweet

>The part with the guy going on about his kids all over her face does
>kind of spoil the mood a little for me, but the rest of it gets top
>marks.

I've never noticed that bit! But yes, I think saying something like that is
spoiling the mood a bit, definitely.

>Now Black Velvet by Alannah Miles has always sent shivers down my spine,
>something about her voice.

AOL! I've heard that one being karaoke'd, by someone with a pretty good voice,
but it really needs Alannah Miles's vocals to do it justice.

CCA

Jul 8, 2003, 8:16:01 AM7/8/03
X Kyle M Thompson wrote

>A while ago I wrote to Graham Rawle of /Lost Consonant/ fame to ask about

>some of his art that is for sale on his website... In a tyop attack I managed

to describe myself as a "big flan"

>Mr Rawle picked up on it when he replied.
>Lost Consonants rool!

They certainly do. I thought of two myself once, that I was going to send in
and never did. 'Bride over troubled water' (woman in a bridal dress suspended
above some white-water rapids), and 'He had sustained a nasty bag on the head'
(man with a bag on his head, insulting him).
I'd be interested to know what other ones people could come up with.

CCA

Jul 8, 2003, 8:25:38 AM7/8/03
Louise wrote

[Madness 'House of Fun' lyrics]

>Something about pints and what other fun you can have once you're sixteen.
>But I don't understand the "Miss Clay" bits, or in fact any of it really.
>Is it deep and meaningful, or as I had always trusted poppy nonsense?

Most of it's about trying to buy condoms on the day you turn sixteen 'Box of
balloons with the featherlite touch...party-poppers that pop in the
night...party hats with the coloured tips...' As I understand it, he's sixteen
today, trying to buy condoms for the first time, and a gossipy neighbour (Miss
Clay) comes in. Plus, the person serving doesn't quite understand his
euphemisms for condoms ('I'm sorry son, but we don't stock, party gimmicks in
this shop...')

Richard Bos

Jul 8, 2003, 8:49:01 AM7/8/03
Kevin Golding <ke...@caomhin.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Now Black Velvet by Alannah Miles has always sent shivers down my spine,
> something about her voice.

Ooh yes. Strangely enough, because black velvet as such doesn't do much
for me, Alannah Miles singing about it _is_ very sexy, and yes, I agree
that it's her voice that does it.

Richard

Nigel Stapley

Jul 8, 2003, 2:21:22 PM7/8/03

"CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message

What I thought was clever was the next line after the Miss Clay reference :

"Many happy returns *from* the day"

If he couldn't get any, and got some, then the returns from the day could be
substantial.

--
Regards,

Nigel Stapley

unet_pr...@judgemental.minus.com

<change minus to plus to reply>

"A dirty mind is a thing of beauty and a joy forever"

Daibhid Ceannaideach

Jul 8, 2003, 2:32:18 PM7/8/03
>From: r...@hoekstra-uitgeverij.nl (Richard Bos)
>Date: 08/07/03 13:49 GMT Daylight Time

Although, of course, she's not *actually* singing about black velvet. She's
singing, AIUI, about a certain, equally amazing voice which she thinks is
*like* black velvet.

Thangewvermuch,

melinda

Jul 9, 2003, 1:21:10 AM7/9/03
Nigel Stapley <use...@judgemental.plus.com> wrote:

> "CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > What's your favourite sexy song?

> I think I have one which manages to be romantic and sexy at the same time :

> "Waiting For A Girl Like You" by Foreigner. One of the greatest love songs
> of all time.

I don't know about sexy (I still hurt a bit much in certain areas for that!)
but romance I can handle - Cilla Black's You are my World.

--
Melinda
<http://cust.idl.com.au/athol>

melinda

Jul 9, 2003, 1:23:31 AM7/9/03

The song's actually a tribute (or something) to Elvis!

--
Melinda
<http://cust.idl.com.au/athol>

Richard Bos

Jul 9, 2003, 3:15:01 AM7/9/03
melinda <melindam...@idl.net.au> wrote:

Who doesn't do it for me at all, either... either as a singer or qua sex
appeal.

Richard

Colin Rosenthal

Jul 9, 2003, 3:25:43 AM7/9/03
In article <20030708082538...@mb-m11.aol.com>, sphia9341
@aol.com says...

> Most of it's about trying to buy condoms on the day you turn sixteen 'Box of
> balloons with the featherlite touch...party-poppers that pop in the
> night...party hats with the coloured tips...' As I understand it, he's sixteen
> today, trying to buy condoms for the first time, and a gossipy neighbour (Miss
> Clay) comes in. Plus, the person serving doesn't quite understand his
> euphemisms for condoms ('I'm sorry son, but we don't stock, party gimmicks in
> this shop...')
> CCA:)

That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the French
for "condom" caused some problems. It's not something you can mime. The
Granny Weatherwax "speak loudly and slowly" technique wasn't working
either. In the end, iirc, a couple of German tourists helped me out with
the translation.

Curiously enough, many years later I actually _visited_ Condom in
France. Well worth the trip.

--
Colin

flesh_eating_dragon

Jul 9, 2003, 3:56:39 AM7/9/03
CCA wrote:

> What's your favourite sexy song?

> CCA:)

Among the most romantic words in any song, in my opinion, are those
in "The Weaver's Loom" by Ian and Amanda Bartle:

The weaver's loom has brought us two
To be woven strong, to be lovers long;
And though the thread is light
Like a child's bright kite,
We have loved a whole life long.
You wove a life over days and nights
Out of years of laughter and years of crying;
For the weaver said, I will bless your bed
And make from you - and take from you -
And make of you a life.

Good words, IMO, sung to a suitably simple tune.

What song is the sexiest is considerably harder to answer. The most
beautiful and/or passionate music tends to be instrumentals rather
than songs, IMO (and for most passionate, you can't beat "Dusty Wine
Bottle" by Kíla, which starts gentle and builds up just nicely).

8'FED.

Añejo

Jul 9, 2003, 4:54:11 AM7/9/03
Colin Rosenthal wrote:
>That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
>condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the French
>for "condom" caused some problems. It's not something you can mime.

I have seen it done. By Ed Byrne, IIRC.

Lena
--
http://www.anejo.nu \\ http://derry.anejo.nu
http://www.livejournal.com/~anejo

Sanity

Jul 9, 2003, 5:09:48 AM7/9/03
Colin Rosenthal wrote:

> That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
> condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the
> French for "condom" caused some problems.

"Je voudrais un canard de rubber, mais sans le canard"

Winking may help.

TTFN,
Michel AKA Sanity

--
"Sanity shall make ye -ing fret": | "A cat has 40 million hairs: 5
www.affordable-prawns.co.uk | million on its back, 10 million on

Sanity

Jul 9, 2003, 5:11:32 AM7/9/03
AÅ„ejo wrote:

> Colin Rosenthal wrote:
>>That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
>>condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the
>>French for "condom" caused some problems. It's not something you can
>>mime.
>
> I have seen it done. By Ed Byrne, IIRC.

I've actually been asked once whether I really was Ed
Byrne...unfortunately, I wasn't prepared for this so I just answered
'no'...

Richard Bos

Jul 9, 2003, 5:36:04 AM7/9/03
Colin Rosenthal <colinand...@adslhome.dk> wrote:

> That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
> condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the French
> for "condom" caused some problems.

"Une lettre Francaise[1]", surely?

Richard

[1] Well, Fran(c,)aise, actually

Sylvain Chambon

Jul 9, 2003, 7:07:17 AM7/9/03
In article <3f0be1b9....@news.nl.net>, Richard Bos says...

> Colin Rosenthal <colinand...@adslhome.dk> wrote:
>
> > That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
> > condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the French
> > for "condom" caused some problems.
>
> "Une lettre Francaise[1]", surely?

That or an English overcoat.

Sylvain.

Peter Ellis

Jul 9, 2003, 9:00:12 AM7/9/03
colinand...@adslhome.dk wrote:

>That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
>condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the French
>for "condom" caused some problems.

In a similar situation I think I'd grab for brand names - they're the
closest we have to true world-understandable vocabulary. I can't
believe asking for "un Durex" wouldn't have got the point across.

Peter

Añejo

Jul 9, 2003, 9:07:15 AM7/9/03
Peter Ellis wrote:
>In a similar situation I think I'd grab for brand names - they're the
>closest we have to true world-understandable vocabulary. I can't
>believe asking for "un Durex" wouldn't have got the point across.

ISTR that, in Aus, you'd probably get given a roll of sellotape.

ICVWBW.

"Reality is hopelessly inaccurate." -Douglas Adams

Topi Saavalainen

Jul 9, 2003, 12:48:43 PM7/9/03
le...@anejo.freeserve.co.uk (AÅ„ejo) wrote in

> Peter Ellis wrote:
>>In a similar situation I think I'd grab for brand names - they're the
>>closest we have to true world-understandable vocabulary. I can't
>>believe asking for "un Durex" wouldn't have got the point across.
>
> ISTR that, in Aus, you'd probably get given a roll of sellotape.

You could probably fashion something out of that. At least you wouldn't
have to worry about slipping.

Topi.

CCA

Jul 9, 2003, 1:24:56 PM7/9/03
Sanity wrote

>I've actually been asked once whether I really was Ed
>Byrne...unfortunately, I wasn't prepared for this so I just answered
>'no'...

I must say your A-Files photo does look quite a lot like him.

CCA

Jul 9, 2003, 1:28:43 PM7/9/03
le...@anejo.freeserve.co.uk wrote

>Peter Ellis wrote:

>>In a similar situation I think I'd grab for brand names - they're the
>>closest we have to true world-understandable vocabulary. I can't
>>believe asking for "un Durex" wouldn't have got the point across.

>ISTR that, in Aus, you'd probably get given a roll of sellotape.

I remember when I was about eleven, my friend getting a bit confused about that
and telling me "In Australia they use sellotape as a contraceptive..."

Nigel Stapley

Jul 9, 2003, 2:12:08 PM7/9/03

"Sylvain Chambon" <sgpch...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

In Welsh, they're known as "sachau dyrnu" = "threshing sacks". Well, we were
once a largely agricultural nation....

LynneM

Jul 9, 2003, 2:17:38 PM7/9/03
morg...@flinders.edu.au (flesh_eating_dragon) wrote in message news:<77f9757f.03070...@posting.google.com>...

> Among the most romantic words in any song, in my opinion, are those
> in "The Weaver's Loom" by Ian and Amanda Bartle:

Well now if we're allowed to go for romantic, that would be "Time in a
Bottle! by Jim Croce. I understand the Muppets did a pretty good cover
version of it too.

LynneM

Orinoco

Jul 9, 2003, 4:16:33 PM7/9/03
On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:58:54 +0000, CCA wrote:

> What's your favourite sexy song?
> CCA:)

I have to admit to having a soft spot for Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana.
Particularly where the electric guitar (Steve Stevens, I think) picks up
the main melody with a sort of musical swagger. You couldn't play that and
keep the rest of your body still.

Other than that, Sweet Child o' Mine evokes certain *ahem* memories...

There's just something about a screaming electric guitar...

CCA

Jul 9, 2003, 4:31:05 PM7/9/03
LynneM wrote

>Well now if we're allowed to go for romantic, that would be "Time in a
>Bottle! by Jim Croce.

Well, if we're talking romantic...

'Ribbon In The Sky', originally by Stevie Wonder but I like the cover by Intro.

'Butterfly' by Jamiroquai

'Beautiful' - Tweet

'You Are My Starship' - Norman Connors

'Swinging' - Mint Condition

'Joy' - Blackstreet

'Anything' - Courtenay Buchanan

Daibhid Ceannaideach

Jul 9, 2003, 5:07:24 PM7/9/03

>From: Sanity sanityDE...@affordable-hedgehogs.co.uk
>Date: 09/07/03 10:09 GMT Daylight Time
>
>Colin Rosenthal wrote:
>
>> That reminds me of a merry ten minutes I once spent trying to buy
>> condoms in a chemist in darkest France. Not actually knowing the
>> French for "condom" caused some problems.
>
>"Je voudrais un canard de rubber, mais sans le canard"

And thus the thread comes full circle.

"Canard de rubber, tu et l'un..."

Paul E. Jamison

Jul 9, 2003, 9:22:50 PM7/9/03
Richard Bos wrote:

Neither for me, though he was my ex-wife's favorite singer.
Personally, I prefer Buddy Holly from those days.

Still, "Black Velvet" is fantastic.

Paul E. Jamison

--

"There's more pressure on a vet to get it right.
People say 'It was God's will' when Granny dies,

Sanity

Jul 10, 2003, 4:09:04 AM7/10/03
On woensdag 9 juli 2003 19:24, CCA (sphi...@aol.com) wrote in
<20030709132456...@mb-m23.aol.com>:

> Sanity wrote
>
>>I've actually been asked once whether I really was Ed
>>Byrne...unfortunately, I wasn't prepared for this so I just answered
>>'no'...
>
> I must say your A-Files photo does look quite a lot like him.

So it was *you*! ;-)

Ever been to Melbourne by any chance?

Thomas Hamann

Jul 10, 2003, 8:57:16 AM7/10/03
"Orinoco" <ash...@deadspam.com> sat down on a rather soft rock to
think a bit, and, finally, wrote the following in the sand around the
rock:

You risk being electrocuted by it?

Although usually that causes something else to stand up than
your...um...well....eh...er..."endowment".

Thomas Hamann

--
Website: http://evilskylark.tripod.com/
Rec.Arts.Anime.Models Posting Policies: http://evilskylark.tripod.com/faqs.htm
"...you ain't no different than Ben Laden..." - The emminent Dr. J ranting about me on alt.toys.transformers.

Diane L.

Jul 10, 2003, 4:26:38 PM7/10/03
CCA wrote:
> LynneM wrote
>
>> Well now if we're allowed to go for romantic, that would be "Time in
>> a Bottle! by Jim Croce.
>
> Well, if we're talking romantic...

... then there's nothing to beat 'La-Di-Dah' by Jake Thakeray.
IMO, of course.

Diane L.

Nigel Stapley

Jul 10, 2003, 6:27:21 PM7/10/03

"Diane L." <di...@lindquist.clara.co.uk> wrote in message

> CCA wrote:
> > LynneM wrote
> >
> >> Well now if we're allowed to go for romantic, that would be "Time in
> >> a Bottle! by Jim Croce.
> >
> > Well, if we're talking romantic...
>
> ... then there's nothing to beat 'La-Di-Dah' by Jake Thakeray.

What about "Isabel Makes Love Upon National Monuments"? Must be in there
with a shout.

David Fawcett

Jul 11, 2003, 9:36:00 AM7/11/03
Sexy album? Absolutely nothing beats Etta James's "Life Love and the Blues".
Especially her song "I want to Ta Ta you". Oh and those rich, sensuous brass
chords!... This is definitely a record for the bedroom. [collapse with a big
smile]

Dave Fawcett

Gid Holyoake wrote:

> In article <20030705065854...@mb-m26.aol.com>, CCA generously
> decided to share with us..

> > What's your favourite sexy song?
>

> Hmmm.. a song isn't normally long enough.. can we do sexiest albums?.. if
> we can then :
>
> Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
> Yes - Close To The Edge
> Mike Oldfield - Platinum
> ELP - Trilogy
>
> That'll do for a kick off..
>
> Gid

Eric Jarvis

Jul 11, 2003, 9:40:27 AM7/11/03

The Sundays...When I'm Thinking About You or possibly
Homeward...have to be two of the most romantic songs of
all time

also Angels by the Jazz Butcher conspiracy

I'm not sure how entirely I can separate sexy and
romantic though...this may or may not be a good thing

--
eric - afprelationships in headers
www.ericjarvis.co.uk
"Hey Lord don't ask me questions
There ain't no answer in me"

CCA

Jul 11, 2003, 4:40:46 PM7/11/03
Eric Jarvis wrote

[Sexy songs and romantic songs]

>I'm not sure how entirely I can separate sexy and
>romantic though...this may or may not be a good thing

Good point...there are some songs that emcompass both, some that are purely
romantic, and some that are sexy without an awful lot of romance involved

Some examples...
'Freak Mode' by The Reelists -- sexy (although does nothing for me at all) but
with very little romance, and mainly about getting off with your girlfriend's
best mate. Very explicit lyrics that push the point way too much

'Just The Way You Are' Barry White -- romantic but (oddly enough for BW) not a
lot of sexiness, more about relationships really

'All The Things Your Man Won't Do' by Joe. Basically about a guy who sees his
mate treating his girlfriend badly ('Never known such a guy to treat his woman
so cold, treats you like you're nothing when you're worth more than gold...'),
and goes on to say a) how he would treat her better if she was his, and b) how
much he wants to make love with her. Sexy and romantic.

PHOEBE123

Jul 11, 2003, 4:58:44 PM7/11/03

"CCA" <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Brian Howlett

Jul 11, 2003, 5:03:13 PM7/11/03
On 11 Jul, sphi...@aol.com (CCA) wrote:

> Eric Jarvis wrote
>
> [Sexy songs and romantic songs]
>
>> I'm not sure how entirely I can separate sexy and romantic
>> though...this may or may not be a good thing
>
> Good point...there are some songs that emcompass both, some that are
> purely romantic, and some that are sexy without an awful lot of
> romance involved

[snip]

> 'Just The Way You Are' Barry White -- romantic but (oddly enough for
> BW) not a lot of sexiness, more about relationships really

Bazza didn't write it - his version was a cover. Billy Joel's the man to
blame.

[snip]

Then there's the Geordie version -

"Divn't gang changin'
Tryin' to please we..."
--
Brian Howlett
Holiday report from the Orkneys - <http://www.jaggies.btinternet.co.uk/orkney/>

Diane L.

Jul 11, 2003, 5:24:26 PM7/11/03
Nigel Stapley wrote:
> "Diane L." <di...@lindquist.clara.co.uk> wrote in message
>> CCA wrote:
>>> LynneM wrote

>>> Well, if we're talking romantic...
>>
>> ... then there's nothing to beat 'La-Di-Dah' by Jake Thakeray.
>
> What about "Isabel Makes Love Upon National Monuments"?

"With style and enthusiasm and anyone at all"?
Could be sexy, but it doesn't sound very romantic (to me).

'To do with you', OTOH, is probably the best song I know about
long-term love, the kind that will last because it accepts that the
loved person is less than perfect, but loves them all the more for
that.

(<http://www.soc.surrey.ac.uk/~scs1ec/todowith.html> for anyone
who wants to check out the lyrics)

Diane L.

LynneM

Jul 12, 2003, 3:44:37 AM7/12/03
Eric Jarvis <w...@ericjarvis.co.uk> wrote in message news:<MPG.1978cea41...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>...

> LynneM wrote:
> > morg...@flinders.edu.au (flesh_eating_dragon) wrote in message news:<77f9757f.03070...@posting.google.com>...
> > > Among the most romantic words in any song, in my opinion, are those
> > > in "The Weaver's Loom" by Ian and Amanda Bartle:
> >

> > Well now if we're allowed to go for romantic, that would be "Time in a
> > Bottle! by Jim Croce. I understand the Muppets did a pretty good cover
> > version of it too.
> >

> The Sundays...When I'm Thinking About You or possibly
> Homeward...have to be two of the most romantic songs of
> all time
>
> also Angels by the Jazz Butcher conspiracy
>
> I'm not sure how entirely I can separate sexy and
> romantic though...this may or may not be a good thing

Not that I wish to appear sexist, but there are probably lots of girls
on this group who knew at least one boy was going to say that. ;0)

LynneM

Aquarion

Jul 9, 2003, 10:15:51 AM7/9/03
Take a letter Miss Jones: To Peter Ellis, Re: [I] Apropos of Barry White news...:
> pj...@cam.ac.uk wrote:
>>si...@callan.demon.co.uk wrote:
>>>
>>>Talking about TMI, I wonder if Peter was thing about this duck?
>>
>>Got one!
>
> Er, to clarify...
>
> "My comment induced the predicted response!"
> not
> "I possess the aforementioned item!"

Clicks.

Reads.

Clicks.

Types.

Clicks.

Waits.

Clicks.

Waits.

Reads.

Screams.

Runs.

Hides.

--
Aquarion, http://www.aquarionics.com, aqua...@suespammers.org
Hot potato, off his drawers, pluck to make amends.

Thomas Hamann

Jul 12, 2003, 9:28:27 AM7/12/03
Aquarion <aqua...@suespammers.org> sat down on a rather soft rock to

think a bit, and, finally, wrote the following in the sand around the
rock:
<snip>

>Clicks.
>
>Reads.
>
>Clicks.
>
>Types.
>
>Clicks.
>
>Waits.
>
>Clicks.
>
>Waits.
>
>Reads.
>
>Screams.
>
>Runs.
>
>Hides.

Sometimes it is better to first go to Google and have a look what
Google thinks about it...

So I didn't go any further than needed...

CCA

Jul 12, 2003, 1:36:38 PM7/12/03
Thomas Hamann wrote

>Aquarion <aqua...@suespammers.org> sat down on a rather soft rock to
>think a bit, and, finally, wrote the following in the sand around the rock:

><snip>
>>Clicks.
>>
>>Reads.
>>
>>Clicks.
>>
>>Types.

(snip)

>>Waits.
>>
>>Reads.
>>
>>Screams.
>>
>>Runs.
>>
>>Hides.

>Sometimes it is better to first go to Google and have a look what
>Google thinks about it...

>So I didn't go any further than needed...

Neither did I, because I saw the article in question in a copy of Cosmopolitan
I happened to be reading [1] a while ago. (Yeah, I know, Cosmopolitan...in my
defence, I was very bored at the time...)
They reviewed its 'performance', ISTR.
CCA:)
[1] Not where anyone I know could see me though.

Thomas Hamann

Jul 13, 2003, 1:59:50 PM7/13/03
sphi...@aol.com (CCA) sat down on a rather soft rock to think a

bit, and, finally, wrote the following in the sand around the rock:
>Thomas Hamann wrote
>
>>Aquarion <aqua...@suespammers.org> sat down on a rather soft rock to
>>think a bit, and, finally, wrote the following in the sand around the rock:
>
>><snip>
>>>Clicks.
>>>
>>>Reads.
>>>
>>>Clicks.
>>>
>>>Types.
>(snip)
>>>Waits.
>>>
>>>Reads.
>>>
>>>Screams.
>>>
>>>Runs.
>>>
>>>Hides.
>
>>Sometimes it is better to first go to Google and have a look what
>>Google thinks about it...
>
>>So I didn't go any further than needed...
>
>Neither did I, because I saw the article in question in a copy of Cosmopolitan
>I happened to be reading [1] a while ago. (Yeah, I know, Cosmopolitan...in my
>defence, I was very bored at the time...)
>They reviewed its 'performance', ISTR.

But you stil *saw* it. Or at least read a description of it.

I didn't.

[1]

Thomas Hamann

[1] So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?

CCA

Jul 13, 2003, 3:43:04 PM7/13/03
Thomas Hamann wrote

>(CCA) sat down on a rather soft rock to think a
>bit, and, finally, wrote the following in the sand around the rock:

[Rubber Duck 'item']

> I saw the article in question in a copy of Cosmopolitan
>>I happened to be reading [1] a while ago. (Yeah, I know, Cosmopolitan...in
>my
>>defence, I was very bored at the time...)
>>They reviewed its 'performance', ISTR.

>But you stil *saw* it. Or at least read a description of it.
>
>I didn't.

>So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?

Not entirely sure, because at that moment someone came in, and I thought "Shit,
I'll get caught reading Cosmopolitan and I'll never live it down!", and put the
magazine down fast.
CCA:)

grahamafforda...@hotmail.com

Jul 13, 2003, 4:04:05 PM7/13/03
Hi there,

On 12 Jul 2003 17:36:38 GMT, sphi...@aol.com (CCA) wrote:

>>>Screams. Runs. Hides.

>>I didn't go any further than needed...
>
>Neither did I, because I saw the article in question in a copy of Cosmopolitan

Neither did I, but that's because I've already seen them in a
wholesale catalogue...!

Cheers,
Graham.

Simon Callan

Jul 13, 2003, 5:30:45 PM7/13/03
In message <slrnbgo8sn....@reef.water.gkhs.net>
Aquarion <aqua...@suespammers.org> wrote:

> Take a letter Miss Jones: To Peter Ellis, Re: [I] Apropos of Barry
> White news...:
> > pj...@cam.ac.uk wrote:

> > > Got one!
> >
> > Er, to clarify...
> >
> > "My comment induced the predicted response!" not "I possess the
> > aforementioned item!"
>
> Clicks.
>
> Reads.
>
> Clicks.
>
> Types.
>
> Clicks.
>
> Waits.
>
> Clicks.
>
> Waits.
>
> Reads.
>
> Screams.
>
> Runs.
>
> Hides.

You know, I deliberately did things in such a way that the front page
would act as a warning to those of a nervous disposition. I am willing
to bet that I will now get it in the neck from Lonecat when I see her
next.

Simon

--
Livejournal: http://nallac.livejournal.com/

Graycat

Jul 14, 2003, 5:05:43 PM7/14/03
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 17:59:50 GMT, unzn...@lnubb.pbz (Thomas Hamann)
wrote:

>[1] So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?

It has batteries

--
Elin
The Tale of Westala and Villtin

From adress valid, but rarely checked. Use Reply-To to contact me

CCA

Jul 14, 2003, 6:47:14 PM7/14/03
Graycat wrote

>Thomas Hamann) wrote:

>>[1] So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?

>It has batteries

And it's probably not a good idea to use it in the bath.

Graycat

Jul 14, 2003, 7:47:07 PM7/14/03
On 14 Jul 2003 22:47:14 GMT, sphi...@aol.com (CCA) wrote:

>Graycat wrote
>
>>Thomas Hamann) wrote:
>
>>>[1] So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?
>
>>It has batteries
>
>And it's probably not a good idea to use it in the bath.

No worries, it's waterproof.

grahamafforda...@hotmail.com

Jul 15, 2003, 2:59:06 PM7/15/03
Hi there,

On 14 Jul 2003 22:47:14 GMT, sphi...@aol.com (CCA) wrote:

>>>So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?
>>It has batteries
>
>And it's probably not a good idea to use it in the bath.

Erm, actually that's what it's designed for!

Still, it's all good clean fun...

Cheers,
Graham.

melinda

Jul 16, 2003, 3:35:14 AM7/16/03

Caught the tail end of a news item about these on TV in the
last few days, they had it in the surf!

--
Melinda
<http://cust.idl.com.au/athol>

Stig M. Valstad

Jul 16, 2003, 3:46:06 AM7/16/03
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 17:59:50 GMT, Thomas Hamann <unzn...@lnubb.pbz> wrote:
>>Thomas Hamann wrote
>>
>>>Aquarion <aqua...@suespammers.org> sat down on a rather soft rock to

>>(snip)

>But you stil *saw* it. Or at least read a description of it.
>
>I didn't.
>
>[1]
>
>[1] So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?

It looks just like the stereotypical rubber duck and I don't
see how anyone can be squicked out by this. Is it the idea
that women might masturbate but want to be discreet about
it that is so horrifying?

--
Stig M. Valstad

"Your logic does not resemble our earth logic." - Buffy

Peter Ellis

Jul 16, 2003, 6:03:43 AM7/16/03
sti...@siclone.itea.ntnu.no wrote:

>It looks just like the stereotypical rubber duck and I don't
>see how anyone can be squicked out by this. Is it the idea
>that women might masturbate but want to be discreet about
>it that is so horrifying?

I think it's the collision of "children's toy" and "sex toy" mental
images. That and the expression of stoned beatific glee on the thing's
face...

Peter

CCA

Jul 16, 2003, 7:54:53 AM7/16/03
Stig M. Valstad wrote

[Rubber Duckie 'items']

>It looks just like the stereotypical rubber duck and I don't
>see how anyone can be squicked out by this. Is it the idea
>that women might masturbate but want to be discreet about
>it that is so horrifying?

I don't think anyone's squicked out by it really. More a case of "Who'd think
something like that up, anyway?"

Thomas Hamann

Jul 16, 2003, 9:34:00 AM7/16/03
sphi...@aol.com (CCA) sat down on a rather soft rock to think a

bit, and, finally, wrote the following in the sand around the rock:
>Stig M. Valstad wrote
>
>[Rubber Duckie 'items']
>
>>It looks just like the stereotypical rubber duck and I don't
>>see how anyone can be squicked out by this. Is it the idea
>>that women might masturbate but want to be discreet about
>>it that is so horrifying?
>
>I don't think anyone's squicked out by it really. More a case of "Who'd think
>something like that up, anyway?"

The same people who came up with the alternative use of a pogo stick?

Most of the jokes involving those things in Red Dwarf went completely
past me...how was I to know that some people used the wrong end of the
stick to go poing-going?!?

Thomas Hamann

grahamafforda...@hotmail.com

Jul 16, 2003, 2:37:08 PM7/16/03
Hi there,

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:46:06 +0000 (UTC), sti...@siclone.itea.ntnu.no
(Stig M. Valstad) wrote:

>>>(snip)

>>But you stil *saw* it. Or at least read a description of it.
>>
>>I didn't.
>>
>>[1]
>>
>>[1] So, how was it different from a normal rubber duck?
>
>It looks just like the stereotypical rubber duck and I don't
>see how anyone can be squicked out by this. Is it the idea
>that women might masturbate but want to be discreet about
>it that is so horrifying?

I think it's more the idea of someone deviant and degenerate pervert
taking a traditional kiddies toy and turning it into (ahem!) a toy for
grown-ups!

(Not that I'm jealous that someone else thought of it first...!)

Cheers,
Graham.

Axel Kielhorn

Jul 18, 2003, 2:37:45 AM7/18/03
gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS
<grahamafforda...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's more the idea of someone deviant and degenerate pervert
> taking a traditional kiddies toy and turning it into (ahem!) a toy for
> grown-ups!

As opposed to the "Hello Kitty" vibrator, that takes a traditional adult
toy and turns it into a toy for children.

Axel,
who is surprised that it is not on www.engrish.com.

grahamafforda...@hotmail.com

Jul 18, 2003, 2:17:17 PM7/18/03
Hi there,

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:37:45 +0200, Axel....@gmx.de (Axel Kielhorn)
wrote:

>> I think it's more the idea of someone deviant and degenerate pervert
>> taking a traditional kiddies toy and turning it into (ahem!) a toy for
>> grown-ups!
>
>As opposed to the "Hello Kitty" vibrator, that takes a traditional adult
>toy and turns it into a toy for children.

Not forgetting the H*rry P*tter broomsticks that not only lit up, but
also vibrated!!

Cheers,
Graham.

Aquarion

Jul 19, 2003, 8:05:38 AM7/19/03
wrote:

>gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS

><grahamafforda...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think it's more the idea of someone deviant and degenerate pervert
>> taking a traditional kiddies toy and turning it into (ahem!) a toy for
>> grown-ups!
>
>As opposed to the "Hello Kitty" vibrator, that takes a traditional adult
>toy and turns it into a toy for children.

Except that it's actually a shoulder massager and not a vibrator.

--
Aquarion. Fighting the Urban Legends where he can
http://www.aquarionics.com

Nigel Stapley

Jul 19, 2003, 3:45:51 PM7/19/03

"Aquarion" <aqua...@suespammers.org> wrote in message

> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:37:45 +0200, Axel....@gmx.de (Axel Kielhorn)
> wrote:
>
> >gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS
> ><grahamafforda...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I think it's more the idea of someone deviant and degenerate pervert
> >> taking a traditional kiddies toy and turning it into (ahem!) a toy for
> >> grown-ups!
> >
> >As opposed to the "Hello Kitty" vibrator, that takes a traditional adult
> >toy and turns it into a toy for children.
>
> Except that it's actually a shoulder massager and not a vibrator.

That's what *you* say.....;-)

Regards,

Nigel Stapley

unet_pr...@judgemental.minus.com

(change 'minus' to 'plus' to reply)

www.judgemental.plus.com

Julia Jones

Jul 21, 2003, 12:27:07 AM7/21/03
In article <BjhSa.48795$9C6.2...@wards.force9.net>, Nigel Stapley
<un...@judgemental.plus.com> writes

>"Aquarion" <aqua...@suespammers.org> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:37:45 +0200, Axel....@gmx.de (Axel Kielhorn)
>> wrote:
>>
>> >gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS

>> >As opposed to the "Hello Kitty" vibrator, that takes a traditional adult
>> >toy and turns it into a toy for children.
>>
>> Except that it's actually a shoulder massager and not a vibrator.
>
>That's what *you* say.....;-)

The thing is...

I have one of these:
<http://www.goodvibes.com/cgi-bin/sgin0102.exe?FNM=52&T1=1+2+AH+BE16&UID=
2003072021233947&UREQA=5&UREQB=4&UREQC=3&TRAN85=N&GENP=>

And I did buy it at that shop, and I did buy it as a shoulder massager.
I'd spent an eleven hour trans-Atlantic flight in economy class a day or
two after pulling my shoulder, and had no intention of doing the trip
back without something to help my shoulder. Turned out to be extremely
useful for the RSI as well - good for massaging the muscle.
--
Julia Jones
"The Syndicate" - a heartwarming tale of geek love among the stars. Volumes 1

grahamafforda...@hotmail.com

Jul 22, 2003, 3:55:41 PM7/22/03
Hi there,

Or http://tinyurl.com/hpmm for short!

>And I did buy it at that shop, and I did buy it as a shoulder massager.
>I'd spent an eleven hour trans-Atlantic flight in economy class

I hope, in that case, that you took care to note the advice that it
most probably contained that said "do not use on unexplained calf
pain" because, as I may have mentioned before, that could be a sign of
DVT and using a massager on that could loosen blood clots with
hazardous results.

Cheers,
Graham.

Julia Jones

Jul 22, 2003, 4:42:30 PM7/22/03
In article <3f1d8b0...@news.cis.dfn.de>,
"gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS"
<grahamafforda...@hotmail.com> writes

This was an existing shoulder strain. Happens to me from time to time
and normally heals within a few days, unfortunately it once happened
shortly before I was due to get on a flight:-( The cabin crew found me
an aisle seat so that I could walk around as much as possible to stop it
seizing up, but I was still a bit sore on the return flight.

Looking at the new one, the package does *not* say anything about the
risk of DVT. I hadn't noticed because I was already aware of the risk,
but given that the packaging promotes it for massage, that's an
important omission.

Robert Carnegie

Jul 27, 2003, 5:45:30 AM7/27/03
In article <3f1d8b0...@news.cis.dfn.de>,
gra...@affordable-leather.co.ukDELETETHIS <grahamaffordabl
eUSER...@hotmail.com> writes

What /are/ you supposed to do for that, then? And if you've got
blood clotting in the veins, aren't they going to be dislodged
sooner or later, anyway? Does blood unclot having clotted?

Just curious; and reflecting that worrying about your health is
another of the worse things for your health...

Robert Carnegie at home, rja.ca...@excite.com at large
--
"Christopher Benjamin: Stirling. On Broadway he played Dogberry in
'Much Ado'. His Bottom has been seen in Regent's Park."

CCA

Jul 27, 2003, 9:39:09 AM7/27/03
Robert Carnegie wrote

>gra...@affordable-leather.co.uk wrote

>Julia Jones wrote:

>>>And I did buy it at that shop, and I did buy it as a shoulder massager.
>>>I'd spent an eleven hour trans-Atlantic flight in economy class

>>I hope, in that case, that you took care to note the advice that it
>>most probably contained that said "do not use on unexplained calf
>>pain" because, as I may have mentioned before, that could be a sign of
>>DVT and using a massager on that could loosen blood clots with
>>hazardous results.

>What /are/ you supposed to do for that, then? And if you've got
>blood clotting in the veins, aren't they going to be dislodged
>sooner or later, anyway?

No! If you have a blood clot, the *worst* thing you can do is dislodge it in
any way! A blood clot that travels can eventually reach the lungs, causing a
pulmonary embolism, which is often fatal.
The proper treatment for a blood clot is to break it up using heparin, or for
it to be removed under surgery. This must always be done under strict control
and in hospital.

>Just curious; and reflecting that worrying about your health is
>another of the worse things for your health...

Where blood clots are concerned, you can't be too careful. Unexplained calf
pain should be left alone and reported to a doctor.
(PS, if any medical types are reading this, please correct if wrong)

Mick Molloy

Jul 27, 2003, 9:17:30 PM7/27/03

CCA <sphi...@aol.com> wrote in message

Additional point...

Clots leat to heart attacks. Well, mine did. A clot in the artery blocked
the supply to my heart muscle, precipitating a lack of nutrients to the area
of my heart affected, and thus a heart attack.

Mick

It is loading more messages.