[R] Seven years

Paul .Jamison

Mar 12, 2022, 9:27:23 PM3/12/22
It was seven years ago today that Sir Terry Pratchett left the realm of the Roundworld. As I understand it Sir Pterry did not believe in an afterlife, so I won't go into all that "passed to his reward" claptrap. When he died, I posted this as a tribute. I hope nobody minds a repost.

A handsome Sable ferret, dressed in black and holding a small scythe, sits on the hillside. It's still too early for the crocus to bloom, but it is a lovely day nonetheless. Murphy, for it is he, is staring off into the distance.

Paul walks up to Murphy. He sits down beside the ferret and says nothing. The two sit quietly for several minutes.

Murphy breaks the silence eventually. "Death was my favorite character."

Paul, looking at the cloak and the scythe, says, "I can tell. I like him a lot, too. But there were so many wonderful characters that Sir Pterry blessed us with. I like the Librarian."

Murphy grins and says, "Ooook!"

Paul grins and replies SQUEAK!!

"Ooook!"

SQUEAK!!

"Eeeeek!!"

SQUOOK!!

Man and ferret laugh for a few moments.

The laughter dies down, and Murphy leans up against Paul.
"I'm going to miss him."

Paul nods and replies, "Yes. Me, too. He created such remarkable characters and such a remarkable world. He inspired so many people."

Murphy says, "He inspired you, didn't he?"

Paul thinks for a moment and replies, "Yes, he did."

"He inspired you to write. And you created Sammy and Max and Clarissa and Levi and all of the Skippys." Murphy looks up at Paul. "You created me."

Paul looks at Murphy and does not reply for a moment.

Finally Paul says, "Let's go get something to eat." He and Murphy stand up. "I'm a bit hungry. Would you like anything?"

Murphy picks up his scythe and replies, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I COULD MURDER A CURRY.

"Oh, you *are* good!"

Farewell, Sir Pterry. Thank you.

Nigel Stapley

Mar 13, 2022, 7:20:51 AM3/13/22
Still makes me well up, this. Thank you Paul (and Sammy...and
Max...and......)

--
Regards

Nigel Stapley

www.thejudge.me.uk

<reply-to will bounce>

Armcie

Mar 14, 2022, 7:28:39 PM3/14/22
On Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 2:27:23 AM UTC, paul...@yahoo.com wrote:
> It was seven years ago today that Sir Terry Pratchett left the realm of the Roundworld. As I understand it Sir Pterry did not believe in an afterlife, so I won't go into all that "passed to his reward" claptrap. When he died, I posted this as a tribute. I hope nobody minds a repost.

I remember this. And its still wonderful. Thankyou to you and the ferrets and GNU Terry Pratchett.

Armcie

Lewis

Mar 14, 2022, 10:50:23 PM3/14/22
Add it to your headers!

(it's in all my posts, and on all my hosted sites)

--
It's the terror of knowing what this world is about
Watching some good friends screaming let me out