BBC discusses game playing...

Robert Carnegie

Apr 1, 2020, 6:15:46 PM4/1/20
<https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0001p20>

Apparently not isolated, so probably pre recorded,
BBC Radio Three is currently transmitting and/or
podcasting a programme in which "University Challenge
star Bobby Seagull, writer and critic Jordan Erica
Webber, games consultant and researcher Dr Laura Mitchell,
and British Museum curator Irving Finkel join
Shahidha Bari and others in the Free Thinking studio
to get out the playing cards and the board games and
consider the value of play, competitiveness and
game theory.

Irving Finkel in particular is "a legend" and looks it
according to this fantasy-ish book review,
<https://theidlewoman.net/2016/06/20/the-princess-who-wouldnt-come-home-irving-finkel/>
is a British Museum curator of other people's stuff,
and I agree with a comment on this page about their videos
<https://www.metafilter.com/169696/Defacing-coins-like-a-suffragette-and-how-to-make-a-Celtic-torc>
that "he sounds so much like Terry Pratchett"
that I had to double check that he isn't.

My theory is that being a nice person who enjoys
learning about things, talking about the things,
and writing whimsical novels in which some of the
things may be involved, is part of it.