[R] ye greate fludde(s)

p. pinto

Nov 2, 2019, 6:07:41 AM11/2/19
- hi; by its undeniably circular nature, the discworld imposes some
forms, natures and characteristics upon any "worldwide" floods that
occur upon it: whilst they do - and must, of course - appear to be
worldwide to those that experience them, it (or they) they cannot
in fact be "discworldwide" else it/they should sweep everything as
is capable of being dismembered, disassembled, uprooted, demolished
(as may be most appropriate, and if necessary) out towards, and then
off over the edge of the disc, to be forever lost from the discworld.

- this, observably, has not in fact occurred: the discworld is not a
more-or-less featureless, demonic winds-swept (inverted) saucer of
assorted rocks, periodically re-sterilised by those same discworld-
wide flood waters being recycled by whatever powers that be kindly,
and more-or-less carefully ensuring the indefinite continuation of
those arrangements (no doubt involving four certain great elephants)
as are, we know, made - inter alia, to this effect.

- therefore, it is clear, the great discworld flood is and must be
a recurring event, and one that, though it appears worldwide from
the viewpoint of any and everyone that experiences it, is in fact
a gyratory band phenomenon occurring as one or more great spirals
of water spinning out in retrograde manner towards the circumfence,
and their most dramatic delugional descent into the awful abyss -
en route towards their ultimate return as rain, seemingly mostly
onto the ramtops, or over the lush grazing of lancre.

- and it, or they - this phenomenon - must constitute

... --- ... --- ... --- ....a standing wave... --- ... --- ... ---

- love, ppint.
--
"life is sensational!"
- jackie mathews

Robert Carnegie

Nov 2, 2019, 9:38:34 PM11/2/19
Pausing to note that my Opera browser says the HTTPS
certificate thingy for wiki.lspace.org expired "yesterday"
- slightly suspicious - its Google cached version says,

"Ku: Mentioned in _Eric_, this continent sank into the
sea over a period of 30 years, parodying Atlantis
[or perhaps Mu]. Apparently the most embarrassing
continental collapse ever, as the population soon
adapted to having to wade...."

"Kuian rain-making rituals" which "apparently only ever
worked on Ku" also are mentioned. I may be remembering
this as an instance of utterly useless knowledge favoured
in Unseen University over getting carried away doing magic
that causes actual trouble, but here it's mentioned in
the context of the very gradual fall of Ku; however,
another interpretation I can make is that Ku didn't fall,
the sea rose due to conjuration of rain water (perhaps
they thought it was a sustainable energy source) and this
caused the present condition of the Disc Rim, where the
excess water continues to slop over.

...some of this may be yours?

Lewis

Nov 3, 2019, 8:23:55 AM11/3/19
In message <b2b9c5f9-851b-4670...@googlegroups.com> Robert Carnegie <rja.ca...@excite.com> wrote:
> Pausing to note that my Opera browser says the HTTPS
> certificate thingy for wiki.lspace.org expired "yesterday"
> - slightly suspicious - its Google cached version says,

You can stiull reach it without https, but yes, the certificate is in
fact expired.

Someone didn't set the letsencrypt script up correctly, it seems.

--
Every man over forty is a scoundrel.