Message Filters (especially the ubiquitous MI5 crap!)

Elliott Grasett

Nov 20, 2007, 2:17:08 PM11/20/07
Is it possible to write a single message filter that will
cover all subscribed Usenet Newsgroups to which one is
subscribed? ( I'm using Thunderbird.) Or is it necessary
to write a filter for each subscribed newsgroup?

--

Thanx & Cheers,
Elliott

Gary R. Schmidt

Nov 21, 2007, 8:42:13 AM11/21/07
Elliott Grasett wrote:
> Is it possible to write a single message filter that will
> cover all subscribed Usenet Newsgroups to which one is
> subscribed? ( I'm using Thunderbird.) Or is it necessary
> to write a filter for each subscribed newsgroup?

In the "Filters for:" box, click on the drop down, and then click on the
NNTP server you are using. Look at the top of what is displayed, it
says: "choose this news server".

Oh, this is on 2.0.0.9 on winders, so you may have to upgrade (I didn't
use Thunderbird prior to version 2).

Cheers,
Gary B-)

whether you were up them with or not
- Barry Humphries

Elliott Grasett

Nov 21, 2007, 10:01:49 AM11/21/07
Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
> Elliott Grasett wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to write a single message filter that will
>> cover all subscribed Usenet Newsgroups to which one is
>> subscribed? ( I'm using Thunderbird.) Or is it necessary
>> to write a filter for each subscribed newsgroup?
>>
> In the "Filters for:" box, click on the drop down, and then click on the
> NNTP server you are using. Look at the top of what is displayed, it
> says: "choose this news server".
>
> Oh, this is on 2.0.0.9 on winders, so you may have to upgrade (I didn't
> use Thunderbird prior to version 2).
>
> Cheers,
> Gary B-)

Thanks, Gary, I'll give it a shot.