[ANNOUNCE] [A] SeptemberMeet 2017, Green Man NW1 3AU, 23/09 18:00

countertony

Jul 16, 2017, 5:19:39 AM7/16/17
Usenet Reply-To: count...@gmail.com

So once again it's September, which means, as ever, that it's SeptemberMeet
time!

This year, the meet will be on Saturday 23 September, at The Green Man, near
Great Portland Street underground station.

When?
I'll be arriving around 6 p.m. to try and bag some space. Generally these
meets run until kicking-out time, so do please come as late as you like.

Where?
The Green Man (NW1 3AU) is on the corner of Great Portland Street and Euston
Road. If you're arriving by tube, go out the rightmost street exit and the
pub is just across the road.

Why?
A random meet-up of anyone who wants to come, serving partly as an addiction
remedy after the Discworld Conventions or #afp-meets-inna-field. The other
big reason is for people who haven't been able to go to these annual
gatherings of the clans, especially now that the AFPhub has moved away from
London. That said, this is not solely an AFPmeet! I've posted a link to a
number of like-minded friends, so anyone in striking distance is welcome.

This also, in a way, marks four years since I started working at ARM. Every
four years we're given a paid sabbatical, part of which I'll be taking from
the Monday after the meet to cycle from London to Matlock. This meet, then,
also works as a sending-off party :)

Didn't The Green Man get rubbish though?
It did, in around 2004 or so. A long time's passed since then, though - I
went there in 2011 with a small group of friends, and it had become quite
nice, so I expanded to a full-blown SeptemberMeet in 2012 - seems like it's
time to give the place a go again.

Auld Acquaintance:
If something done once is a tradition, and something done twice is a very
old tradition then this will be the ninth meet of this series, with the
first meet set thirteen years ago - beets have occurred in 2004-2006 and
2008-2012.

RSVP?
You can of course come without responding at all, however responses let me
know whether I need to bag any more tables in advance. As well as here, you
can prod me on Twitter as @countertony, or on Facebook as Tony Evershed. I
still exist on #afp some evenings, as well.
..
Submissions for alt.fan.pratchett.announce to: afpa-mod at lspace.org

PLEASE READ http://www.lspace.org/fandom/afp/announce/guidelines.html
before submitting articles to afp.announce. Thanks!