[ANNOUNCE][F] Autumnal Update from Unseen University Convivium

Unseen University

Mar 20, 2012, 7:11:46 PM3/20/12
to af...@lists.lspace.org

AUTUMNAL UPDATE

Ladies, Gentlemen, and Students, there's now only just over three
months until the Unseen University Convivium!
Please come and join us at the University of Adelaide, South
Australia, Roundworld on July 6-8, 2012.
Details of the Convivium are, as always, available at http://ausdwcon.org

ACCOMMODATION

We have managed to arrange some deals with hotels and hostels near the
University, so please consider
booking at one of the following places - http://ausdwcon.org/pages/accommodation
Options range from a luxurious four star hotel down to the budget
backpackers - but please do not
feel restricted by our recommendations, stay anywhere you like.

For those who would like to save money and share a room with a strange
friend or friendly stranger,
please use this forum thread for arranging things:
http://ausdwcon.org/forums/1/topics/495

If you live locally in Adelaide and would be willing to give up your
spare bed or floor space to
a visitor, or if you're a vistor who really wants to save money,
please discuss billeting arrangements
on this forum thread:
http://ausdwcon.org/forums/1/topics/496

PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS

Some newly released information for items on our programme!

* The Maskerade costume competition is now open for applicants! You
can read all the details and
download an application form at http://ausdwcon.org/pages/maskerade
* Transmogrification - Get yourself turned into a frog. Or a werewolf,
troll, zombie, vampire, Feegle,
or any other creature! Face & body painting available by appointment
only at reasonable prices.
In addition, a demonstration of a full-body painting will be done
during Gaudy Night.
To find out more details, see http://ausdwcon.org/pages/bodypainting

And of course, our wondrous guests and performers will be presenting:
* Unseen Theatre Company's "Pratchett Pieces 3" - reprising some of
their short plays from the
Adelaide Fringe Festival
* Snowgum Films presents some behind-the-scenes footage and info about
their in-production film
"Troll Bridge", based on the Terry Pratchett short story
* Martin Pearson performs his own style of comedy and folk music
* Matt Falloon and his Trained Balloons will turn inflated bladders of
rubber into magical creatures
before your very eyes!
* Matt Falloon will also be presenting Magic and Ballooning workshops
for those who wish to learn
these amazing skills.

You can find out more about other programme items at
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/programme

The Unseen University Convivium programme runs at the following times:
Fri 6 July - 6pm to midnight
Sat 7 July - 9am to midnight
Sun 8 July - 10am to 5pm
Mon 9 July (Winery & Gourmet Tours) - 9am to 5pm

A more detailed timetable of events will be available in early June.

We are also still looking for several volunteers to run or participate
in various programme items,
so please check out the list and let us know if you can help us out!

EXCLUSIVE CONVIVIUM ATTENDEES-ONLY T-SHIRT AND SCARF

If there's one thing you need to show your friends that you've
attended the best Australian
Discworld fan gathering of 2012, it's a t-shirt bearing the slogan "I
Learned To Spell Like A Wizzard."
If there's another thing, it's an official Unseen University Convivium scarf.

Both items are now available for preorder at
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/exclusive_merch
These are exclusive to Convivium attendees only, and can be picked up
from the Faculty on arrival
at the University. Orders must be made by June 6th.

You can still buy other items of merchandise (available to everyone,
everywhere) from our
Cafepress store at http://cafepress.com/unseenuni

FOR MORE INFORMATION
Read all the information available at the website: http://ausdwcon.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/UnseenUni
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/UnseenUni
Send us an email: Unseen...@gmail.com

NULLUS ANXIETAS IV
Last of all, we'd like to let you know that the next major Australian
Discworld Convention after
the Convivium will be Nullus Anxietas IV, to be held at the Bell
Rydges Hotel and Convention Centre
in Melbourne, Victoria from 8-10 March, 2013. Detailed information
will be at http://ausdwcon.org
after the Convivium, but for now, you can use social media to keep
yourself informed:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/NullusAnxietasIV
Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/NullusAnxietas4
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/105712341206990016676

Yours academically,

The Faculty
Unseen University Convivium
University of Adelaide, South Australia, 6-8 July 2012
http://ausdwcon.org

..
Submissions for alt.fan.pratchett.announce to: afpa-mod at lspace.org
All submissions are PGP signed.
PLEASE READ http://www.lspace.org/fandom/afp/announce/guidelines.html
before submitting articles to afp.announce. Thanks!