[ANNOUNCE][F] Unseen University Convivium: The Countdown Begins

Unseen University

Apr 26, 2012, 8:00:17 PM4/26/12
to af...@lists.lspace.org

As the days get shorter, and the weather colder, we hope that your
anticipation for the Unseen University Convivium is ramping up! Ours
certainly is - to quote the Librarian - "Oook! Oook! Eeek! Oook!"

EXCITING NEWS! ANNOUNCING VIRTUAL GUESTS
Through the magic of the Omniscope we have the fantastic opportunity
to chat with some Discworld luminaries!

First and foremost, the man in the hat we all want to talk to -
Professor Sir Terry Pratchett himself! Sir Terry has kindly agreed to
join us for a call, and we are definitely looking forward to it!
Secondly, Professor Ian Stewart and Doctor Jack Cohen, co-authors of
The Science Of Discworld series, will join us for an enlightening
scientific discussion.
Our final virtual guest is the Cunning Artificer, Bernard Pearson,
proprietor of the Discworld Emporium and creator of artwork,
sculptures, stamps and currency.

Find out more about our guests (actual and virtual) at
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/guests

Many other additions and refinements of the Convivium programme have
recently been made - find out the full details at
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/programme

WIN A FREE, DELUXE ANKH-MORPORK!
Convivium Attendees have the chance to win a Deluxe Edition of the
"Ankh-Morpork" board game valued at $150, kindly donated by Treefrog
Games.
All you have to do to enter is purchase tickets or merchandise by *MAY
15TH!* Every purchase gets you more entries into the prize draw.
Full details on the competition are available at
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/winankhmorpork

DEADLINES ARE LOOMING LIKE MISS TREASON'S LOOM
As the Convivium approaches, so does the closing date for certain items.

* Tickets to Gaudy Night can only be purchased up to JUNE 1ST. They
will not be available _at all_ after this date, so if you wish to
attend our gala dinner, now is the time to buy!
Info: http://ausdwcon.org/pages/gala_dinner
Tickets: http://ausdwcon.org/gala_tickets/new

* The exclusive Convivium attendees-only t-shirt and scarf can only be
ordered up to JUNE 6TH. They will not be available to order _at all_
after this date.
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/exclusive_merch

* Winery and Gourmet Tour tickets are available online until JUNE
22ND. However, places are quickly running out, so get in fast to
secure your seat!
Info: http://ausdwcon.org/pages/tours
Tickets: http://ausdwcon.org/tours_tickets/new

* And of course, the Convivium Tickets for the entire convention are
available online until JUNE 22ND. After this date, you may be able to
buy at the door (depending on attendee limits), but it will cost extra
to do so.
Info: http://ausdwcon.org/pages/membership
Tickets: http://ausdwcon.org/memberships/new

ACADEMIC DISCUSSIONS GALORE
If you would like to discuss things and stuff with other fans, please
head over to our forums at http://ausdwcon.org/forums
There are already discussions about room-sharing, billetting, the
Great Debate and the Nullus Anxietas IV Band with Rocks in challenge,
but feel free to create new ones!

You can also keep up to date by using social media:
UUC: http://twitter.com/UnseenUni http://facebook.com/UnseenUni
NA4: http://twitter.com/NullusAnxietas4
http://facebook.com/NullusAnxietasIV
https://plus.google.com/105712341206990016676

Yours academically,

The Faculty
Unseen University Convivium
University of Adelaide, July 6-8, 2012
http://ausdwcon.org

PS. Happy Birthday Terry!

..
Submissions for alt.fan.pratchett.announce to: afpa-mod at lspace.org
All submissions are PGP signed.
PLEASE READ http://www.lspace.org/fandom/afp/announce/guidelines.html
before submitting articles to afp.announce. Thanks!