[ANNOUNCE][F] Hogswatch News Update from Unseen University Convivium

1 view

Unseen University

Dec 17, 2011, 11:33:11 PM12/17/11
to af...@lists.lspace.org

Dear Students and Staff,

Happy Hogswatch to one and all! Exciting things are afoot at Unseen
University in preparation for the Convivium next July in Adelaide,
South Australia, Roundworld.

GUESTS OF HONOUR - VISITING LECTURERS
We are pleased to announce the Guests of Honour for the Convivium are
the following visiting lecturers:
- - Daniel Knight, Emeritus Professor of Silicate Biology and Condensed
Metaphysics (Untied Alchemists), of Snowgum Films.
- - Pamela Munt, Superbus Professor of Vindictive Astronomy and Thespian
Studies (Thespia), of Unseen Theatre Company.
and
- - Martin Pearson, Lecturer in Applied Zoology and Fretwork Teacher
(Lancre), of... well, anywhere you hear folk music.
You can find out more information about our guests at
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/guests

PROGRAMME AND ACTIVITIES
There are many lectures and other activities to keep you busy during
the Convivium. They include the Entrance Examination, Commencement,
Gaudy Night[1], the Maskerade, the Wizard's Excuse Me, Try Wizarding,
the Winery and Gourmet Tours[2], and many many more. Our visiting
lecturers shall also be contributing to the programme with a
presentation by Snowgum Films, and performances by Martin Pearson and
Unseen Theatre Company.

You can see a full list of confirmed and potential activities at
http://ausdwcon.org/pages/programme

However, many activities will require volunteers to be run - so if you
have an idea of your own, or would like to just take one from our
suggested list, please do so!

MERCHANDISING AND SURVEY
Those of you using social media may have seen a sneak peek at some
special Convivium merchandise when we passed 100 Facebook and 50
Twitter disciples. This merchandise will be available for online sale
to anyone early in 2012[3].

However, we are also planning to offer Convivium Attendees Only
exclusive merchandise that will only be available to attendees. In
order to get an idea of what sort of merchandise to offer, we would
like you to complete a short survey for us available at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5792Q9S

DISCUSSIONS
Just a gentle reminder that if you have any questions about the
Convivium, or would like to chat to other fans, we have forums at
http://ausdwcon.org/forums which need love and attention!

Of course, we are also on Facebook at http://facebook.com/UnseenUni
and Twitter at http://twitter.com/UnseenUni

INFORMATION AND TICKETS
For further information on Unseen University Convivium 2012, and to
purchase tickets, please visit and browse through our website at
http://ausdwcon.org

Yours academically,

Chair of Indefinite Studies (Programme and Activities)
Unseen University 2012
University of Adelaide, 6-8 July 2012
http://ausdwcon.org

[1] Gaudy Night is a gala dinner held on Saturday 7th July. There is
an additional cost for this activity.
[2] The Winery and Gourmet Tours are held on Monday, 9th July. There
is an additional cost for these activities.
[3] We wish to make sure the merchandise is of good quality before we
sell it to you, so we have to wait until our own order arrives!
..
Submissions for alt.fan.pratchett.announce to: afpa-mod at lspace.org
All submissions are PGP signed.
PLEASE READ http://www.lspace.org/fandom/afp/announce/guidelines.html
before submitting articles to afp.announce. Thanks!