[ANNOUNCE][F] 20th Anniversary a.f.p. meet, Islington, 22/03/2015

C. Cooke

Mar 15, 2015, 5:18:54 AM3/15/15
Once upon a time, long ago, decades [1] before the ... events of today,
there was an internet newsgroup named 'alt.fan.pratchett', to which the
strange masses flocked. Well, some of them did.

And it came to pass in this newsgroup that two stalwart souls [2]
decided to get together in a pub (which happened to be The Angel,
Islington) with some afpers on the 22nd of March, 1995. This
momentous occasion was the first of many, during which relationships
were born, beer was drunk and a lot of pleasant rubbish was spoken.

Gentlebeings, I invite you to commemorate this historic date with a
gathering of alt.fan.pratchett old, young and older still at the Angel,
Islington on the afternoon of Sunday the 22nd of March. I will probably
apologise for not quite making 14:00, but if present I should be fairly
easy to spot, as very few people are 6'8" in suit and sparkly tie.

[1] Just barely
[2] At least, that's what they claimed

--
Charles Cooke, Sysadmin
Say it with flowers, send a triffid.

..
Submissions for alt.fan.pratchett.announce to: afpa-mod at lspace.org
All submissions are PGP signed.
PLEASE READ http://www.lspace.org/fandom/afp/announce/guidelines.html
before submitting articles to afp.announce. Thanks!