Wendee Lee--which one again?

ShadowWing

Oct 17, 2001, 4:13:23 PM10/17/01
I forget which role Wendee Lee had, but I recognised her voice in the
credits for Cowboy Bebop (currently on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim"
lineup). If I remembered who she played on Power Rangers I might be able to
figure out who she is playing on Bebop.

-ShadowWing
Or with my luck she wasn't on Rangers at all, and I know the name from
somewhere else.

Commander Crayfish

Oct 17, 2001, 4:23:40 PM10/17/01
"ShadowWing" the...@SPAMBLOCKADEsnet.net wrote:

>If I remembered who she played on Power Rangers I might be able to
>figure out who she is playing on Bebop.

Scorpina. The second Alpha Six.

"No 'thanks for the freak-fest last night'?" - Hansel
El Funaroverse! www.funaroverse.com
*****************CLFu...@aol.com*****************

SnoopsWarner

Oct 17, 2001, 6:09:37 PM10/17/01

Commander Crayfish wrote:

> "ShadowWing" the...@SPAMBLOCKADEsnet.net wrote:
>
> >If I remembered who she played on Power Rangers I might be able to
> >figure out who she is playing on Bebop.
>
> Scorpina. The second Alpha Six.

Voiced young T.K in Digimon season 1 too, IIRC.

SnoopsWarner - snoops...@hotmail.com

Because you KNOW there's nothing scarier than
having your retainer come alive and try to eat you.

CyberBlue

Oct 17, 2001, 6:22:00 PM10/17/01

Thomas J. Conner

Oct 17, 2001, 6:41:31 PM10/17/01

CyberBLue wrote:

>Most recently, she voiced Notacon in 'Trip Takes A Stand'. At least, IIRC.

With those clues, she must be Ed in Cowboy Bebop?
_ _ _ _ _ _
Tomm...@aol.com
tomm...@my-deja.com
AIM: TommyPR5

DigiWars! author and the DigiGuardian

"The beginning of wisdom is to desire it." - Me
"Cast in the name of God...'Ye not guilty" - Big O, John 8:7

ShadowWing

Oct 17, 2001, 8:12:50 PM10/17/01
Thomas J. Conner wrote

>> Scorpina. The second Alpha Six.
>
>>Voiced young T.K in Digimon season 1 too, IIRC.
>>Most recently, she voiced Notacon in 'Trip Takes A Stand'. At least,
>>IIRC.
>
>With those clues, she must be Ed in Cowboy Bebop?

Sounds like it. Boy is that girl weird. Ed, not Wendee. :)

-ShadowWing
Fun to watch, though. Kid cracks me up. Oh, and thank you for the heads up
to Crayfish, Snoops, Tom, and Cyber Blue and anyone else who answers.

SirSTACK

Oct 17, 2001, 10:10:50 PM10/17/01
lrsp...@aol.com (CyberBlue) wrote:

>Most recently, she voiced Notacon in 'Trip Takes A Stand'. At least, IIRC.

That was Barbara Goodson. Wendee Lee has most recently voiced Redeye in both
"Uniquely Trip" and "Reflections Of Evil."

Jesse Lee Herndon: SirS...@aol.com
"What's On FOX KIDS" newsletter, available by e-mail (nearly) 4 years running!
PRSW [PRTF#35 SW Updated!]: http://prsw.cjb.net
PR etc: http://www.tvtome.com/servlets/ShowMainServlet/showid-1905

Majestic

Oct 17, 2001, 10:30:35 PM10/17/01
Wendee Lee voied Alpha 6 and Scorpina.
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Lee,+Wendee

ShadowWing <the...@SPAMBLOCKADEsnet.net> wrote in message

Cyber Blue

Oct 17, 2001, 10:42:53 PM10/17/01
>That was Barbara Goodson. Wendee Lee has most recently voiced Redeye in both
>"Uniquely Trip" and "Reflections Of Evil."

Ack- I knew I'd screw that up. I confuse both. ;)

Chris

http://www.rhettfisher.com

http://www.alisonmacinnis.net

"It's not that hot out here." -Me
"Hun, we're in the middle of the desert!" - Alison MacInnis

SirSTACK

Oct 17, 2001, 11:18:45 PM10/17/01
wal...@aol.com (Cyber Blue) wrote:

>Ack- I knew I'd screw that up. I confuse both. ;)

They both worked on Robotech together, though in different "seasons"...

Back to the main topic, Julie Maddalena, voice of DECA, is also a voice actress
on Cowboy Bebop.

Justin Lam

Oct 17, 2001, 11:44:58 PM10/17/01

SirSTACK wrote:

> wal...@aol.com (Cyber Blue) wrote:
>
> >Ack- I knew I'd screw that up. I confuse both. ;)
>
> They both worked on Robotech together, though in different "seasons"...
>
> Back to the main topic, Julie Maddalena, voice of DECA, is also a voice actress
> on Cowboy Bebop.

As is Mike Reynolds, voice of Captain Mutiny, Robotech veteran, and
general
staple on any anime show that requires an old man's grizzly voice.

Justin Lam
la...@ix.netcom.com
http://www.geocities.com/regz91/

"In this industry you have to factor down to the lowest common
denominator. When it comes to anime fans, that denominator can be
pretty freaking low."

- Toshifumi Yoshida, Viz Video producer, on panty shots

ShadowWing

Oct 18, 2001, 4:44:59 PM10/18/01

Cyber Blue wrote

>>That was Barbara Goodson. Wendee Lee has most recently voiced Redeye in
>>both "Uniquely Trip" and "Reflections Of Evil."
>
>Ack- I knew I'd screw that up. I confuse both. ;)

Me, too, which is why I asked. I knew Ms. Lee was either Rita or
Scorpina.

-WingShadow

ShadowWing

Oct 18, 2001, 4:44:58 PM10/18/01

Justin Lam wrote

>No, Wendee played Faye Valentine. Somebody completely unconnected
>with Saban played Ed.

Really? Must of been too long since I've heard Scorpina and Alpha 6.2.

>Which is a shame, because the guy who played Spike also plays Veemon's
>Armor Digivolutions, Poromon, Guilmon, and Yamaki.

Yamaki's the guy in the new season, right? He's actually doing Guilmon?
He *is* good. Too bad Spike's not as emotional as he should be sometimes. He
sounds too close to Roger Smith from The Big O (which has at least two other
Digimon actors in the cast).

>And the guy who played Jet also did Ogremon.

And wasn't he the narrator, or was that Tom Wyner? (Or were they both
Tom Wyner.) He had the same role on Outlaw Star.

-ShadowWing
See you later, space cowboy.

Yugo Nada

Oct 18, 2001, 4:47:57 PM10/18/01
In article <3BCE3597...@ix.netcom.com>,
Justin Lam <la...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> ShadowWing wrote:
> >
> > Thomas J. Conner wrote

> > >With those clues, she must be Ed in Cowboy Bebop?
> >
> > Sounds like it. Boy is that girl weird. Ed, not Wendee. :)
> >

> No, Wendee played Faye Valentine. Somebody completely unconnected
> with Saban played Ed.
>

> Which is a shame, because the guy who played Spike also plays Veemon's

> Armor Digivolutions, Poromon, Guilmon, and Yamaki. And the guy who
> played Jet also did Ogremon. If the woman who did Ed had shown up
> on PR or Digimon, we could've had all four of the cast connected with
> Saban.
>
> (And the real funny thing is - the Japanese version of Ed was played
> by the same woman who did the Japanese version of Terriermon. It's
> really weird that way.)

> Justin Lam
> la...@ix.netcom.com
> http://www.geocities.com/regz91/
>
> "In this industry you have to factor down to the lowest common
> denominator. When it comes to anime fans, that denominator can be
> pretty freaking low."
>
> - Toshifumi Yoshida, Viz Video producer, on panty shots

Heh, I never would have picked out any of the english voices since I
never watch Bebop in English. Japanese w/ subtitles all the way! And
Ed rules! Episode 5 is one of the best in the series (even though it's
pre-Ed). The soundtrack rocks too.

Justin Lam

Oct 18, 2001, 4:59:23 PM10/18/01
ShadowWing wrote:

> >And the guy who played Jet also did Ogremon.
>
> And wasn't he the narrator, or was that Tom Wyner? (Or were they both
> Tom Wyner.) He had the same role on Outlaw Star.

The guy who played Jet was Beau Billingsly (aka John Billingslea). I
have not one clue who was narrator on Cowboy Bebop. I do know that Beau
did the narration on Outlaw Star, so maybe you're right.

ShadowWing

Oct 18, 2001, 5:12:20 PM10/18/01

Justin Lam wrote

>The guy who played Jet was Beau Billingsly (aka John Billingslea). I
>have not one clue who was narrator on Cowboy Bebop. I do know that Beau
>did the narration on Outlaw Star, so maybe you're right.

Sorry, I meant to say the narrator on Digimon. Bebop doesn't really have
a narrator. He was also the narrator on Teknoman.

-ShadowWing
Power on!

ShadowWing

Oct 18, 2001, 5:12:19 PM10/18/01

Majestic wrote in message ...

> Wendee Lee voied Alpha 6 and Scorpina.
>http://us.imdb.com/Name?Lee,+Wendee

Yep, Faye. She's done quite a few roles, including some series I've been
planning to pick up. I was going to get the dubbed version of Rayearth to
finish my collection, which has been fansubs. I'll have to listen for her.

-ShadowWing
When she was on VR Troopers, was she only the voice in the Red Python armor,
or did she play the untransformed Amy?

Justin Lam

Oct 18, 2001, 6:55:10 PM10/18/01

Ah. That seriously confused me, since I really didn't remember a
narrator
on Bebop, but I chalked that up to my not having seen a great deal of
the
show.

Dave Mallow, voice of Baboo and Angemon, did the first season's
narration
on Digimon.

Tom Wyner, voice of Furio and Devimon, did indeed do the second season's
narration as you suggested.

ShadowWing

Oct 19, 2001, 4:13:38 PM10/19/01

Justin Lam wrote

>Ah. That seriously confused me, since I really didn't remember a
>narrator on Bebop, but I chalked that up to my not having seen a great
>deal of the show.

I've only seen what's been on Cartoon Network, and they skipped an
episode, dang them!

>Tom Wyner, voice of Furio and Devimon, did indeed do the second season's
>narration as you suggested.

He was also the Teknoman narrator, I believe. They actually had who did
what in the credits of that show, which is rare for a non WB-animated show.

-ShadowWing
Voiced by Don Pardoe. No, really. Ok, not really.

Eddie B Daniels

Oct 21, 2001, 1:19:24 AM10/21/01
in the old mmpr, she was the voice of scorpina, and i think she is
circuit's voice

Fractyl

Oct 25, 2001, 8:55:11 PM10/25/01
Actually, Brianne[ She did Calumon] did Ciruit...

Thomas Conner: Ed was VA'd by Melissa Charles{Who should had been Terriermon
instead on Mona Marshall}

Takato

Oct 25, 2001, 9:11:54 PM10/25/01
"On 25 Oct 2001 17:55:11 -0700, in article
<9ec69bd0.01102...@posting.google.com>, Fractyl digivolved to
Ultimate and was heard saying....

>Actually, Brianne[ She did Calumon] did Ciruit...
>
>Thomas Conner: Ed was VA'd by Melissa Charles{Who should had been Terriermon
>instead on Mona Marshall}

In your opinion. Mona Marshall does a great job.

"Is that your final answer?" - Gluto, 'Reflections Of Evil', Power Rangers Time
Force

Takato

Oct 25, 2001, 9:12:01 PM10/25/01
"On 25 Oct 2001 17:55:11 -0700, in article
<9ec69bd0.01102...@posting.google.com>, Fractyl digivolved to
Ultimate and was heard saying....

>Actually, Brianne[ She did Calumon] did Ciruit...
>
>Thomas Conner: Ed was VA'd by Melissa Charles{Who should had been Terriermon
>instead on Mona Marshall}

In your opinion. Mona Marshall does a great job.

Fractyl

Oct 26, 2001, 3:55:03 PM10/26/01
Takato: Yeah my opinion, but seems a bit unfair still: From some
research on my part, Ed & Terriermon BOTH share the same Japanese
VA{Tada Aoi}

But here's a couple of actors from the japanese dubbed Power Ranger
series...
{Thanks to a friend of mine}
-
MMPR
Billy--: Kusao Takeshi {Trunks of Dragonball Trilogy; Revolmon of
Digimon-02}
__
PRLG
Leo----: Koyama Teruaki(Hyuuga in Gingaman)
Kai----: Maehara Kazuki(Ryouma in Gingaman)
Damon--: Onoduka Takashi
Maya---: Tanaka Eri(Jougasaki Chisato in Megaranger)
Kendrix: Matsuoka Yuki (Aiko in Oja-Majo Doremi)
Mike---: Tutida dai(Saizou in Kakuranger)
Alpha6-: Maruta Mari(Dappu in Carranger)

Takato

Oct 26, 2001, 5:00:44 PM10/26/01
"On 26 Oct 2001 12:55:03 -0700, in article

<9ec69bd0.01102...@posting.google.com>, Fractyl digivolved to
Ultimate and was heard saying....

>Takato: Yeah my opinion, but seems a bit unfair still: From some
>research on my part, Ed & Terriermon BOTH share the same Japanese
>VA{Tada Aoi}

And?

>But here's a couple of actors from the japanese dubbed Power Ranger
>series...
>{Thanks to a friend of mine}
>-

Who asked?

>MMPR
>Billy--: Kusao Takeshi {Trunks of Dragonball Trilogy; Revolmon of
>Digimon-02}
>__
>PRLG
>Leo----: Koyama Teruaki(Hyuuga in Gingaman)
>Kai----: Maehara Kazuki(Ryouma in Gingaman)
>Damon--: Onoduka Takashi
>Maya---: Tanaka Eri(Jougasaki Chisato in Megaranger)
>Kendrix: Matsuoka Yuki (Aiko in Oja-Majo Doremi)
>Mike---: Tutida dai(Saizou in Kakuranger)
>Alpha6-: Maruta Mari(Dappu in Carranger)

"Is that your final answer?" - Gluto, 'Reflections Of Evil', Power Rangers Time
Force

miko

Oct 26, 2001, 6:54:26 PM10/26/01
In article <9ec69bd0.01102...@posting.google.com>,
frac...@hotmail.com says...

>Takato: Yeah my opinion, but seems a bit unfair still: From some
>research on my part, Ed & Terriermon BOTH share the same Japanese
>VA{Tada Aoi}
>
>But here's a couple of actors from the japanese dubbed Power Ranger
>series...
>{Thanks to a friend of mine}
>-
>MMPR
>Billy--: Kusao Takeshi {Trunks of Dragonball Trilogy; Revolmon of
>Digimon-02}
>__

For those not familiar:

>PRLG
>Leo----: Koyama Teruaki(Hyuuga in Gingaman)

Original GingaRed before being replaced by his younger brother Ryouma as
GingaRed while Hyuuga took on the powers of BlackKnight. Koyama Teruaki also
played NinjaRed in KakuRanger.

>Kai----: Maehara Kazuki(Ryouma in Gingaman)

GingaRed[PRLG Red Ranger]

>Damon--: Onoduka Takashi
>Maya---: Tanaka Eri(Jougasaki Chisato in Megaranger)

MegaYellow[PRiS Yellow Ranger]

Message has been deleted

goddesso...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2017, 1:43:59 AM1/14/17
On Wednesday, October 17, 2001 at 1:13:23 PM UTC-7, ShadowWing wrote:
> I forget which role Wendee Lee had, but I recognised her voice in the
> credits for Cowboy Bebop (currently on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim"
> lineup). If I remembered who she played on Power Rangers I might be able to
> figure out who she is playing on Bebop.
>
> -ShadowWing
> Or with my luck she wasn't on Rangers at all, and I know the name from
> somewhere else.

Wendee Lee is Faye and Melissa Fahn is Ed on Cowboy Bebop
Brianne Siddall is Circuit. the narrator character on Adult Swim is TOM voice by Steven Blum, who is Spike on Bebop. Wendee was the voice of Scorpina and Red Python on VR Troopers. she was also Alpha 6 and some other monsters of the week.