A little idea

Joseph Lum

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

On Tue, 04 Nov 1997 19:06:10 -0500, Sean <se...@erinet.com> wrote:

>I was just wondering if I am the only one who ever thought about this
>but how many of us fans of Piers would like to see a movie from one of
>his books and if so which one? My personal favorite would have to be
>the whole d*#@ Immortality series.. :)
>--
I like this thead:) I agree with an Inmortality serie or maybe some of
the Xanth's serie, like Isle of View, or the beggining "triology" that
start with A Spell for Chamelion:) but in an animated movie and no
life action, that will kill the magic of Xanth.

Marisol

Andy Pointon

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

The only problem with a movie or such about Piers' books would be the
disappointment of seeing someone elses vision of Xanth (or whatever) which
rarely maches up to your own!

Having said that, it would be interesting...

I'd like to see the 'Space Tyrant' series filmed, although I'm not sure who
I would cast in it...any one got any thoughts about this or other books?

Andy P

---------
Sean <se...@erinet.com> wrote in article <345FB8...@erinet.com>...

> I was just wondering if I am the only one who ever thought about this
> but how many of us fans of Piers would like to see a movie from one of
> his books and if so which one? My personal favorite would have to be
> the whole d*#@ Immortality series.. :)
> --

> We now return you to your scheduled broadcast.......
> Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.....
> or if your already have...
> hit any user to continue...
>

> Blue Eyes Homepage:
> http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/alley/5181/sindex.htm

Sean

Nov 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/5/97

Joseph Lum wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Nov 1997 19:06:10 -0500, Sean <se...@erinet.com> wrote:
>
> >I was just wondering if I am the only one who ever thought about this
> >but how many of us fans of Piers would like to see a movie from one of
> >his books and if so which one? My personal favorite would have to be
> >the whole d*#@ Immortality series.. :)
> >--
> I like this thead:) I agree with an Inmortality serie or maybe some of
> the Xanth's serie, like Isle of View, or the beggining "triology" that
> start with A Spell for Chamelion:) but in an animated movie and no
> life action, that will kill the magic of Xanth.
>
> Marisol

Yeah I agree with the Xanth series.. but with the magic of computers now
being so involved into movies why not a computer animated movie. I was
just thinking that I for one would pay a good price to see a movie that
was based TOTALLY on one of his series. Probably one reason is because
I would like to put a face to the characters, but that is my opinion.

Kirgan

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

There is already a movie based off one of his books: Total Recall
I read the book about a year before the movie came out, and the author was
Piers Anthony. Let me know if I'm incorrect in this.

=)

Bogartt

Nov 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/7/97

The Tyrant series would make a good one but it would have to be in parts or
a really long movie to keep it from getting butchered by the screen
writers. For that matter why use screen writers use the book as a
script... Of course how would you fill in the parts that take place in his
head.

Anyway piers already had something in the works that he was trying to get
to the screen. It was about a house that the front door lead to the real
world but if you went out the back door you entered a huge forest... I am
sure there was magic and all in the forest but that was all i remember him
saying. I caught this in a chat session that was sponsered by People Mag.
i believe it was the first time Piers had ever done something like that.

Andy Pointon <andy.p...@virgin.net> wrote in article
<01bcea3d$000714e0$0100007f@homepc>...

> The only problem with a movie or such about Piers' books would be the
> disappointment of seeing someone elses vision of Xanth (or whatever)
which
> rarely maches up to your own!
>
> Having said that, it would be interesting...
>
> I'd like to see the 'Space Tyrant' series filmed, although I'm not sure
who
> I would cast in it...any one got any thoughts about this or other books?
>
> Andy P
>
> ---------
> Sean <se...@erinet.com> wrote in article <345FB8...@erinet.com>...

> > I was just wondering if I am the only one who ever thought about this
> > but how many of us fans of Piers would like to see a movie from one of
> > his books and if so which one? My personal favorite would have to be
> > the whole d*#@ Immortality series.. :)

Kevin Dickover

Nov 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/8/97

On Sat, 08 Nov 1997 05:26:37 GMT, jl...@idt.net (Joseph Lum) wrote:

>On Fri, 07 Nov 1997 23:38:27 GMT, kdi...@erols.com (Kevin Dickover)
>wrote:
>

>> The story is "We Can Remember it for you Wholesale" by Phillip K.
>>Dick. It is superior in every way to the movie or the novelization of
>>the movie.
>>

>>Kevin Dickover
>> <)))><
>As far as I know from a Author's Note of Piers Anthony and also in
>Letter to Jenny, PA said that he was asked after the movie was done
>to write the novel. It seems that he didn't like the movie that much
>either but he liked the idea to do the books and did so:)
>
>Marisol

Or perhaps, as I am increasingly willing to believe, he will do
almost anything for money (:-(>

No Jesus, No Peace
Know Jesus, Know Peace
Kevin Dickover
<)))><

Ally and Jim

Nov 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/8/97

Xanth or Mode series would be cool movies!

--

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.
**********************

Please visit my personal homepage (still under HEAVY construction) at
http://members.wbs.net/homepages/x/s/i/xsilkx.html
and please feel free to give me some suggestions or submit recipes!!!

********
And remember.....All men are created UNequal!

Joseph Lum

Nov 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/8/97

Arcum Dagsson

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Personally, I'd like to see the Incarnation series as a string of movies.
That guy who played the prince in that live-action thing of Cinderella
might work for Mym...
--Arcum Dagsson
I'd like to live like a poor man with lots of money.--Pablo Picasso

Jim Bob

Nov 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/9/97

Arcum Dagsson wrote in message ...

>In article <3464C986...@midplains.net>, jm...@midplains.net wrote:
>
>> Xanth or Mode series would be cool movies!

>Personally, I'd like to see the Incarnation series as a string of movies.
>That guy who played the prince in that live-action thing of Cinderella
>might work for Mym...
>--Arcum Dagsson

You people all fail to realize that it is quite impossible to make a single
movie from one of his series.
Firstly you can't just leave a movie hanging at the end as you would a
series.
Secondly it cost too much to produce a good live action fantasy movie.
Thirdly there is too much background information required in most of his
book series that cannot be properly conveyed in a movie format. (I.e.. Xanth
and Apprentice Adept)
The only chance is to create an animated movie, but unless he wants plot
holes that would have to be in Xanth or a single book title. In Xanth
though there are too many previous events that have occurred in other books
that outsiders would not understand.

Kirgan

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

FireFly would make a GREAT movie, especially now with the publics interest
in all things weird and/or alien (X-Files, Species, Outer Limits, etc...)

=)

RacheL Cox

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

Eh, They would have to make it nc-17 or worse to stick to the book (anal
rape, Child porn, etc) I don't think it would quite make it <G>

- Rachel

Greg Wooledge

Nov 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/13/97

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997 14:38:11 -0500, Jim Bob <jim...@globalserve.net> wrote:

>Firstly you can't just leave a movie hanging at the end as you would a
>series.

George Lucas did it with "The Empire Strikes Back".

>Secondly it cost too much to produce a good live action fantasy movie.

Yet such movies are sometimes made. If the producers are willing to risk
the capital to create the film, they might be repaid by the theater sales
(and video sales/rentals, etc.).

>Thirdly there is too much background information required in most of his
>book series that cannot be properly conveyed in a movie format. (I.e.. Xanth
>and Apprentice Adept)

Well, this is a problem with all movie adaptations -- something is always
lost in translation, since the medium is different. Yet if a *good*
script writer is found for the task, the movie can still be enjoyable.

>The only chance is to create an animated movie, but unless he wants plot
>holes that would have to be in Xanth or a single book title. In Xanth
>though there are too many previous events that have occurred in other books
>that outsiders would not understand.

Then start with the first book, "A Spell for Chameleon". That has no
antecedents, since it's the first in the series, and I think most people
would agree that the early Xanth books are the best anyway....

Having said all that, I don't personally think that a Xanth movie is a
good idea. Puns just aren't appropriate material for movies; they're
really a literary device.

I do think that the Apprentice Adept books have a bit of a chance, though.
--
# Greg Wooledge # "Daddy, why do those people have to
# wool...@kellnet.com # use Microsoft Windows?"

Sean

Nov 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/14/97

> I do think that the Apprentice Adept books have a bit of a chance, though.
I agree.. And I think the Incarnation Series would make a good movie.

> --
> # Greg Wooledge # "Daddy, why do those people have to
> # wool...@kellnet.com # use Microsoft Windows?"
> # http://kellnet.com/wooledge/main.html # "Don't stare, son; it's not polite."
> # -- Crack RC5-64 now! http://www.distributed.net/rc5/ --

--
Life is what happens when your busy making plans.

Phar Away's Homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/alley/5181/sindex.htm

Arcum Dagsson

Nov 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/15/97

In article <346D20...@erinet.com>, Sean <se...@erinet.com> wrote:

> > I do think that the Apprentice Adept books have a bit of a chance, though.
> I agree.. And I think the Incarnation Series would make a good movie.

Both would be good... The only snag is that half of the characters of the
Aprentice Adept series are naked most of the time. That would either have
to be changed for conversion to the screen, thus ruining some of the
symbolism therein with the class seperation, or be considered R or X
rated, for extreme nudity.
Intresting thought though. Who'd play Stile?

Danny DeVito? :)

> > --
> > # Greg Wooledge # "Daddy, why do those people
have to
> > # wool...@kellnet.com # use Microsoft Windows?"
> > # http://kellnet.com/wooledge/main.html # "Don't stare, son; it's not
polite."
> > # -- Crack RC5-64 now! http://www.distributed.net/rc5/ --
>
> --
> Life is what happens when your busy making plans.

IIRC: Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. --John Lennon

Sean

Nov 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/16/97

Arcum Dagsson wrote:

> In article <346D20...@erinet.com>, Sean <se...@erinet.com> wrote:
>
> > > I do think that the Apprentice Adept books have a bit of a chance, though.
> > I agree.. And I think the Incarnation Series would make a good movie.
> Both would be good... The only snag is that half of the characters of the
> Aprentice Adept series are naked most of the time. That would either have
> to be changed for conversion to the screen, thus ruining some of the
> symbolism therein with the class seperation, or be considered R or X
> rated, for extreme nudity.
> Intresting thought though. Who'd play Stile?
> Danny DeVito? :)

That is true, maybe a color on clothing seperation or something of that
nature? But the subject of an actor.. I have no idea who could play the
part. But I Emailed Hi Piers and they gave my message to him and I got
a letter from him yesterday and he said that you have to pay around
$10,000 dollars to exercise the option for someone richer to take over
the movie and pay a company to pay for the expenses of the movie. And
he said the only book he has tried this with was Kilobyte. And he said
that no movies of his books has yet been made, so I guess that also
ruins the idea of Total Recall being made by him :).

--
Life is what happens when your busy making plans.

Phar Away's Homepage:
http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/alley/5181/sindex.htm

Joseph Lum

Nov 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/19/97

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:56:08 -0500, "Jim Bob" <jim...@globalserve.net>
wrote:

I am not re-posting the whole post, but to reply to Jim Bob post about
that none of Piers Anthony books are feasible to be made in a movie.
Well, I think that idea of this thread was more in the line of sujects
what book would you like to see as a movie, more than if it is
possible or not to see any Piers Anthony books become a movie.

Bob, possible you are right, we maybe never see a movie base in
Piers's book make but that doesn't stop us to wish for such thing, and
that is what it matter in my eyes and I think of other that has posted
about what are their fav. books that they think will be cool in movie
or even a tv serie. And I disagree with you about that it is
impossible to a fantasy book become a cool movie. Neverending Story is
base from a great fantasy book with the same name. The first movie is
faithful with the first half of the book, but of course unfortunately
the second movie was terrible. I usually forget completely that the
second was ever done :-) Other fantasy movies that I love and that I
think were great: The Dark Crystal, Laberynth(sp), The Lord of the
Ring(animated) by what is that guy name? Rashik, (please someone
correct me in this), The Fst of the North Star(animated) quite gory
but really cool movie. That are the one that I remember. I wish there
were more fantasy movies out there and hopefully one day someone will
discover that we want to expend our money watching that kind of movie.

Some in brief, I encoraged other to post their opinion about what
books from Piers Anthony will be great movies and don't worry if this
is possible or not:) We are using our great imagination for this and
well the sky is the limit.

Have a harpy day!
Marisol

Kirk Mathison

Nov 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/19/97

Joseph Lum wrote:

-snip-

> The Lord of the Ring(animated) by what is that guy name? Rashik, (please someone correct me in this),

Ralph Bakshi. His movie Wizards was cool too.

Re-cloaking to lurk mode,
Kirk

Janell Wolfinger

Nov 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/20/97

Joseph Lum <jl...@idt.net> wrote in article
<34723702...@news.idt.net>...
> think were great: The Dark Crystal, Laberynth(sp), The Lord of the

> Ring(animated) by what is that guy name? Rashik, (please someone

I don't know who did the movie, but the books were written by JRR Tolkien.
I thought the movie was very good and accurate to the books (or as accurate
as they can be, they of course had to chop a lot out to fit time). I think
that Xanth would and could be made into a good animated movie. I also
personally like Piers' book Shade of the Tree and think that would make a
good movie. It is because people think that something can't be done that
they never even try. Who would have thought that it would be possible to
create such a realistic movie such as Jurassic Park?? If they can do that,
I think they can do anything. Even Star Wars, that was created years ago
and the graphics before they revised them weren't all that bad for today's
standards.

Well, that's my thoughts anyway.

Janell

Ng Yen Ching Athena

Nov 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/20/97

If anyone ever want to make Piers Anthony books into movies, it will
probably need a bigger budget than Independence Day and It will probably
need Disney, Steven Spielberg and the makers of "Babe" together.

Ian Stirling

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

Ng Yen Ching Athena <art5...@leonis.nus.sg> wrote:
: If anyone ever want to make Piers Anthony books into movies, it will

: probably need a bigger budget than Independence Day and It will probably
: need Disney, Steven Spielberg and the makers of "Babe" together.

Or several years in the future, when CGI is cheap.
Want an ogre? Take fat guy, film him from a couple of angles, and
then tell the computer to make him appear as an Ogre, with appropriate
skin/muscalature/dandruff.
Removes a lot of the programming time, and work.
Of course, creating the models takes time.

--
Ian Stirling. Designing a linux PDA, see http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/
----- ******* If replying by email, check notices in header ******* -----

Austin Grisham

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97
I would just like to say that I think Piers Anthony is one of the
crappiest science fiction writers that has ever lived!!!

Kevin Dickover

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997 14:01:10 -0500, Austin Grisham
<gri...@elmail.cc.purdue.edu> wrote:

>I would just like to say that I think Piers Anthony is one of the
>crappiest science fiction writers that has ever lived!!!

Then why, exactly, are you here? It is not as if this thread is
Xposted all over usenet. You had to hunt this down in order to say
this. What a waste of your time.......

Joshua 24:15
If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord,
choose for yourselves today whom you will serve:
whether the gods which your fathers served which are beyond the River,
or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living:
but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Kevin Dickover
<)))><

Austin Grisham

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

Heather,

Funny that a Piers Anthony fan should be telling someone "to think",
considering that you read novels from one of the most small minded
science fiction writers to be found in North American literature.

Piers Anthony uses simple minded puns and gratuitous sexuality to sell
his books to the masses of sexually frustrated teens (well, usually they
are pre-teens). His books are predictable, he uses the same boring,
recycled plot in each of his "novels".

So Heather, I would urge you to think before you act next time. That is
to say, think before you open another Piers Anthony book.

Austin

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, heather wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Austin Grisham wrote:
>
> > I would just like to say that I think Piers Anthony is one of the
> > crappiest science fiction writers that has ever lived!!!
> >

> Now, what in that brain of yours would tell you that this post was a
> GOOD idea? Hmm? That is quite possibly one of the most infantile
> mentalities that I've had the good fortune (did you catch the sarcasm?)
> to observe in the news groups. It's right up there with "i am god" and
> the anti-black posts. Could you do the electronic world a favor and
> think before you act, please?
> Thanks.
>
> heather in Winnipeg
>
> :::::::::::::::Give me ambiguity or give me something else:::::::::::::::

Arthur Louis Smith

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97
to Austin Grisham

Well, it seems we have a disagreement in the ranks. For the
record, I hold with Heather. I personally LIKE Piers' books. I do agree
that he uses a little too much sexuality in his books, but so do many
other authors I've read. Piers can write some very good books. I like
The Incarnations, Xanth, and Proton/Phaze. I've also enjoyed some of his
other books, nonseries types. While a lot of his books ARE somewhat
childish, like Hard Sell and the interplanetary dentist one, others like
Ghost were wonderful in my opinion. Anyways, if you don't like Piers, why
be on this newsgroup? I personally don't see why anyone would waste their
own precious time just to complain about an author. If you don't like it
here, LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luke Smith

heather

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97
to Austin Grisham

Arcum Dagsson

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

In article <Pine.ULT.3.96.97112...@bigwpi.WPI.EDU>,

Arthur Louis Smith <okin...@wpi.edu> wrote:

> Well, it seems we have a disagreement in the ranks. For the
> record, I hold with Heather. I personally LIKE Piers' books. I do agree
> that he uses a little too much sexuality in his books, but so do many
> other authors I've read. Piers can write some very good books. I like
> The Incarnations, Xanth, and Proton/Phaze. I've also enjoyed some of his
> other books, nonseries types. While a lot of his books ARE somewhat
> childish, like Hard Sell and the interplanetary dentist one, others like
> Ghost were wonderful in my opinion. Anyways, if you don't like Piers, why
> be on this newsgroup? I personally don't see why anyone would waste their
> own precious time just to complain about an author. If you don't like it
> here, LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luke Smith

My personal feeling is that this person is just looking for attention. If
we don't give them the attention they are looking for, they will go away.

> On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Austin Grisham wrote:
>
> > Heather,
> >
> > Funny that a Piers Anthony fan should be telling someone "to think",
> > considering that you read novels from one of the most small minded
> > science fiction writers to be found in North American literature.
> >
> > Piers Anthony uses simple minded puns and gratuitous sexuality to sell
> > his books to the masses of sexually frustrated teens (well, usually they
> > are pre-teens). His books are predictable, he uses the same boring,
> > recycled plot in each of his "novels".
> >
> > So Heather, I would urge you to think before you act next time. That is
> > to say, think before you open another Piers Anthony book.
> >
> > Austin

heather

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

> On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Austin Grisham wrote:
>
> > Heather,
> >
> > Funny that a Piers Anthony fan should be telling someone "to think",
> > considering that you read novels from one of the most small minded
> > science fiction writers to be found in North American literature.
> >
> > Piers Anthony uses simple minded puns and gratuitous sexuality to sell
> > his books to the masses of sexually frustrated teens (well, usually they
> > are pre-teens). His books are predictable, he uses the same boring,
> > recycled plot in each of his "novels".
> >
> > So Heather, I would urge you to think before you act next time. That is
> > to say, think before you open another Piers Anthony book.
> >
> > Austin

Listen, boyo! Why are you here? If you're not a fan (did you read the
NAME of this newsgroup, shitmuffin?) then what you think has NO BEARING
here. Go away and read whatever pathetic little novels you like instead
of being a pisser. Okay? Clear?
Gratsi!
heather in Winnipeg.

Jim Gray

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

Um, Austin...Piers writes more than Xanth novels, you know. And even
then, Xanth has a certain charm.

But while puns and oblique sexual innuendo populate the Peninsula, other
series are excellent and not at all repetitive. The Incarnations &
Apprentice Adept series, for instance.

I'm not a big fan of Piers' science fiction (as opposed to pure fantasy
or mixed science fantasy) with the exception of the Kirlian series, but
what I do know has more hits than misses in the body of the work.

-----------------------------------
The Soapster

"The only spam I ever liked was fried and served with scrambled
eggs...and even then it was possible to have too much."

>It is hereby noted that any attempt to
>spam me with "make-money-fast,"
>"convert-or-burn," "see-naked-women-in-
>your-browser-window," or "my-homepage-
>is-the-most-awesome-thing-come-and-
>see-it!" e-mail will cause your selection as
>the immediate target of a vengeful
>widdershins casting, the material result of
>which will be the violent melding of your
>hard drive with your cabinet, thus
>preventing any further net abuse from
>your sorry machine.

pixel_meow

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Austin Grisham wrote:

^..^Ian Stirling wrote:
<snip for brevity>

^..^> If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion.
^..^> Robert A Heinlein.
My Man!!!

^..^I would just like to say that I think Piers Anthony is one of the
^..^crappiest science fiction writers that has ever lived!!!

Did anyone ask you? Is someone holding a gun to your head and making you
read this NG?? You can leave, you know. Maybe you should leave the name
of one of your favorite somethings, that has its own NG that you like to
participate in, so we can come and tell you how much it sucks. You are
entitled to your own opinion, but not to pushing it on others. Now, go
siddown before you hurt yourself. But first, go away. Your kind is not
wanted here. Unless...are you my little brother? Who always wanted to
start fights just for the attention? I'll tell you like I told him all
those years ago...Grow up and find something useful to do with your time!
Of course, if you are my little brother, you won't listen, and we'll all
be stuck with your shit for who knows how long...

~teresa~

^..^ Never try to outstubborn a cat. ^..^
Notebooks of L. L. _Robert A. Heinlein_

Kevin Dickover

Nov 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/28/97

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 11:26:45 -0500, pixel_meow
<s2tl...@titan.vcu.edu> wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Austin Grisham wrote:
>
>^..^Ian Stirling wrote:
><snip for brevity>
>
>^..^> If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion.
>^..^> Robert A Heinlein.
>My Man!!!
>
>^..^I would just like to say that I think Piers Anthony is one of the
>^..^crappiest science fiction writers that has ever lived!!!
>
>Did anyone ask you? Is someone holding a gun to your head and making you
>read this NG?? You can leave, you know. Maybe you should leave the name
>of one of your favorite somethings, that has its own NG that you like to
>participate in, so we can come and tell you how much it sucks. You are
>entitled to your own opinion, but not to pushing it on others. Now, go
>siddown before you hurt yourself. But first, go away. Your kind is not
>wanted here. Unless...are you my little brother? Who always wanted to
>start fights just for the attention? I'll tell you like I told him all
>those years ago...Grow up and find something useful to do with your time!
>Of course, if you are my little brother, you won't listen, and we'll all
>be stuck with your shit for who knows how long...
>
>~teresa~

Teresa, I just dejanewsed Austin and found that the only place that
he has ever posted is here. My guess is that it is a fake address
just for the lucky users of this group. If it is not, then gee whiz,
how lucky are we that he would spend all of his time on usenet in our
group. Lets face it, Austin is an energy creature, the more we feed
him, the stronger he will get. Lets all stop feeding him and refuse
to respond to his posts, slap him in the killfile or hit delete when
we see his name. Eventually he will get bored and go away.

Do Not Feed The Energy Creature!!!!

(bye bye austin...)

Jay Madas

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

Here, here !!! Do The movie Hollywood - get the animators to work !

Janell Wolfinger wrote in message
<01bcf54f$60b000a0$52e5...@Nel.cyberlink-inc.com>...

pixel *meow*

Dec 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/2/97

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Kevin Dickover wrote:

^..^On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 11:26:45 -0500, pixel_meow
^..^<s2tl...@titan.vcu.edu> wrote:
^..^

^..^>On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Austin Grisham wrote:
^..^>

^..^>^..^Ian Stirling wrote:
^..^><snip for brevity>

^..^>
^..^ Teresa, I just dejanewsed Austin and found that the only place that
^..^he has ever posted is here. My guess is that it is a fake address
^..^just for the lucky users of this group. If it is not, then gee whiz,
^..^how lucky are we that he would spend all of his time on usenet in our
^..^group. Lets face it, Austin is an energy creature, the more we feed
^..^him, the stronger he will get. Lets all stop feeding him and refuse
^..^to respond to his posts, slap him in the killfile or hit delete when
^..^we see his name. Eventually he will get bored and go away.
^..^
^..^ Do Not Feed The Energy Creature!!!!
^..^
^..^(bye bye austin...)

How right you are. I realized this just a little bit after I made this
post (which I have snipped), but it just felt so good to vent! Sorry, it
doesn't happen very often...I will try to control myself in future
posts...I will do just as you have suggested, since that is definitely the
best thing to do. People like this are just looking for attention...oh
well. Not from me.

Thanks for an excellent suggestion!
^..^
^..^Joshua 24:15
^..^ If it is disagreeable in your sight to serve the Lord,
^..^ choose for yourselves today whom you will serve:
^..^ whether the gods which your fathers served which are beyond the River,
^..^ or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living:
^..^ but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
^..^Kevin Dickover
^..^
^..^