illusion secrets

1 view

bill page

Jan 3, 2008, 6:29:14 PM1/3/08

Profile | Help | My Account | Sign out

alt.fan.penn-n-teller

Discussions
+ new post
About this group
Subscribe to this group
This is a Usenet group - learn more

Magic's Greatest Illusions Options
first. To make this topic appear first, remove this option from
another topic.
Standard view View as tree
Proportional text Fixed text

2 messages - Collapse all

The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted to
this group will make your email address visible to anyone on the
Internet.

Dodd Vickers View profile
More options Jan 6 2000, 3:00 am

Newsgroups: alt.magic, alt.magic.history, alt.magic.secrets,
alt.fan.penn-n-teller
From: d...@linkingpage.com (Dodd Vickers)
Date: 2000/01/06
Subject: Magic's Greatest Illusions
"The Learning Channel" (US Cable) has produced a new magic special
which
will air later this month. They are having difficulty with certain
functions of their website at this time, but we have posted all of
the
details in "Broadcasts" at http://www.linkingpage.com:

TLC SPECIAL: Magic's Greatest Illusions

Featuring: Lance Burton, Penn and Teller, Sigfried and Roy, Robert
Gallup,
Franz Harary, Mark Wilson, Doug Henning, harry Blackstone and many
more.

Episode 1: Don't Try This at Home
Synopsis: Learn why the "Bullet Catch" is considered to be the most
deadly
illusion ever performed. Discover the way in which a magician managed
thwart a rebellion. Witness the dexterous deception of sleight of
hand
entertainers as they make cards and coins disappear. Go behind the
scenes
to see how today's magic designers bring death defying illusions alive
on
stage!

Episode 2: Nothing Up My Sleeve
Synopsis:
Explore the origin and rich history of classic illusion. The Cups and
Balls,
The shadowbox and levitation. Examine the seven principles of magic
and
witness illusions which defy explanation. We'll meet today's hottest
yound
magicians as they take to the stage and push magic into the next
mellinneum!

Episode 3: Now You See It
Synopsis:
Explore the mysterious world of big time stage illusions. Watch Robert
Gallup
attempt an escape after being shackled and thrown from an airplane.
Lance
Burton reveals which magician inspired him to create an illusion in
which
he makes a heard of elephants disappear. See how today's magicians
are
using modern technology to change the face of this ancient art.<BR>

--
The Linking Page
edi...@linkingpage.com

posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.

robinson View profile
More options Jan 8 2000, 3:00 am

Newsgroups: alt.magic, alt.magic.history, alt.magic.secrets,
alt.fan.penn-n-teller
From: "robinson" <j...@frontiernet.net>
Date: 2000/01/08
Subject: Re: Magic's Greatest Illusions
Does anyone know if these are the same series of specials which have
already
run on The Learning Channel-Canada? Robinson.

Dodd Vickers <d...@linkingpage.com> wrote in message

> "The Learning Channel" (US Cable) has produced a new magic special which
> will air later this month. They are having difficulty with certain
> functions of their website at this time, but we have posted all of the
> details in "Broadcasts" at http://www.linkingpage.com:

> TLC SPECIAL: Magic's Greatest Illusions

> Featuring: Lance Burton, Penn and Teller, Sigfried and Roy, Robert Gallup,
> Franz Harary, Mark Wilson, Doug Henning, harry Blackstone and many more.

> Episode 1: Don't Try This at Home
> Synopsis: Learn why the "Bullet Catch" is considered to be the most deadly
> illusion ever performed. Discover the way in which a magician managed to
> thwart a rebellion. Witness the dexterous deception of sleight of hand
> entertainers as they make cards and coins disappear. Go behind the scenes
> to see how today's magic designers bring death defying illusions alive on
> stage!

> Episode 2: Nothing Up My Sleeve
> Synopsis:
> Explore the origin and rich history of classic illusion. The Cups and
Balls,
> The shadowbox and levitation. Examine the seven principles of magic and
> witness illusions which defy explanation. We'll meet today's hottest yound
> magicians as they take to the stage and push magic into the next
> mellinneum!

> Episode 3: Now You See It
> Synopsis:
> Explore the mysterious world of big time stage illusions. Watch Robert
Gallup
> attempt an escape after being shackled and thrown from an airplane. Lance
> Burton reveals which magician inspired him to create an illusion in which
> he makes a heard of elephants disappear. See how today's magicians are
> using modern technology to change the face of this ancient art.<BR>

> --
> The Linking Page
> edi...@linkingpage.com
> http://www.linkingpage.com
> ...where magic and the internet come together.

posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.

Privacy Policy