Re: VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, November 2006

Art Deco

Dec 2, 2006, 2:14:36 PM12/2/06
[crossposted to sci.med.cardiology so that Chunk can claim another
"victory"; other relevent froups also added]

This is one of the most competitive ballots in recent memory:

Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler <poll...@netcabal.com> wrote:

>Here follows the one true ballot for the November 2006 Usenet Kook
>Awards. Anybody may vote, but your votes may be disqualified, mocked,
>burnt, shredded and/or recycled for use as toilet paper at the Vote
>Wrangler's discretion if:
>
> * you are a notorious net.kook
> * you attempt to vote twice
> * you vote anonymously or with an unidentifiable sockpuppet
> * you vote for or against yourself
> * you vote in a thread other than this one
> * you vote in a newsgroup other than AUK without crossposting to AUK
> * you follow up to an incomplete or altered version of the ballot
> * you have explicitly been disenfranchised by the Vote Wrangler
> * you have officially been declared non-existent
>
>Crossposting the complete, unaltered ballot is permitted. You have
>until 23:59:59 (11:59:59 PM) UTC on December 8th to cast your votes.
>Vote wisely; next time the candidate might be *you*.
>
>See also the "How to Vote" Mini-FAQ for advice:
><http://www.netcabal.com/auk/voting.html>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>BOBO AWARD
> (Vote YES, NO, or abstain)

[Y] Paul Gibbons

>KOOK OF THE MONTH
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)
>
> Kathy Mosesian
[X] Nightbat of alt.astronomy
> Robert "Mop Jockey" Wolfe
> Sampath posting as Mathew Alexander
> None of the above
> Abstain

This was really close, but mop jockey *hates* being ignored.

>CLUELESS NEWBIE OF THE MONTH
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)

[X] Adam Farrell.
> Kathy Mosesian, Snarky, Roofshadow, Accepted.
> Neither of the above
> Abstain
>
>COWARD OF THE MONTH
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)

[Y] Andrew Chung
> Ernie Primeau
> Kathy Mosesian
> Mark Ferguson
> None of the above
> Abstain

Hi, Chunk!

>LOONEY MAROON AWARD
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)
>
> Kathy Mosesian
[X] Ken Pangborn
> Pamela Russell
> None of the above
> Abstain

GO KENNY KAKES GO!!

>GOLDEN KILLFILE
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)

[X] Andrew Chung
> Moronis of NANAE
> Ward Hardman and James C. Cracked
> None of the above
> Abstain

The souls fig trees says it all.

>JOSEPH BARTLO PATHETIC ANAL PINEAPPLE AWARD
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)

Oh boy, this one is really hard, but I have to go with THALsnuh:

> Alan Jones
> Ken Pangborn
> Martha Vandella
[X] Mike "miguel" Cranston
> Raymond Karczewski
> Tim Bolen
> None of the above
> Abstain
>
>BOB ALLISAT MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)
>
> Hyerdahl, pandora, and catbrier of soc.men
[X] Robert "Mop Jockey" Wolfe
> Neither of the above
> Abstain

"Jes' trollin', g'uv!"

>PALMJOB PADDLE
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)
>
> Adam Farrell
[X] Martha Vandella.
> Neither of the above
> Abstain

Another tough choice.

>TONY SIDAWAY "DRAMA QUEEN" AWARD
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)
>
> Martha Vandella
> Mike "miguel" Cranston.
[X] Robert "Mop Jockey" Wolfe
> None of the above
> Abstain

Who?

>VICTOR VON FRANKENSTEIN WEIRD SCIENCE AWARD
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)
>
> Atilla of alt.abortion
> Ernest Primeau
[X] Nightbat of alt.astronomy
> Sampath posting as Mathew Alexander
> None of the above
> Abstain

frootbat for yet another VVFWS.

>GEORGE PICKETT MEMORIAL TROPHY
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)
>
> Alan Jones
[X] Frank McCoy
> Neither of the above
> Abstain
>
>SPECIAL OPS CODY MEMORIAL PUPRLE HEART
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)

[X] Mike "miguel" Cranston
> Robert "Mop Jockey" Wolfe
> Neither of the above
> Abstain

These two should duel it out with uzis at 2 paces.

>TAR & FEATHERS
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)
>
> Carol "Koi-lo" Gulley and Antonio "Jabriol" Santana
[X] Rebecca Ore
> Neither of the above
> Abstain
>
>BUSTED URINAL AWARD
> (Vote for one, none of the above, or abstain)

[X] Carol "Koi-lo" Gulley and Antonio "Jabriol" Santana
> Lady Motown
> Martha Vandella
> Wayback Jack
> None of the above
> Abstain
>
>UNABOMBER SURPRISE
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)

[X] Frank McCoy
> Sampath posting as Mathew Alexander
> Neither of the above
> Abstain
>
>GOOFY AZZED BABBOON
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)

[X] Azure
> Sean Ruttledge
> Neither of the above
> Abstain

Hi, BlueBoi!

>BOLO BULLIS FOAM DUCK
> (Vote YES, NO, or abstain)

[Y] MCP of soc.men

I put him on the ballot.

>BARBARA WOODHOUSE MEMORIAL DOG-WHISTLE AWARD
> (Vote YES, NO, or abstain)

[Y] Mike "miguel" Cranston, trained by Bookman

Long, long, long overdue.

>EDMOND WOLLMANN MEMORIAL RUBBER TURKEY FOR THANKSGIVING 2006
> (Vote YES, NO, or abstain)

[Y] Andrew Chung

The Georgian quack earned it well.

>PIERRE SALINGER MEMORIAL HOOK, LINE & SINKER
> (Vote for one, neither of the above, or abstain)
>
> Andre Lieber by Jade/Daedalus
[X] Anon Trollbuster by Jade/Daedalus
> Neither of the above
> Abstain

All Hael Teh Flaying LARTS!!

>OFFICE OF DARTH BAWL
> (Vote for one or abstain)
>
> Kathy Mosesian
[X] Tom Bishop
> Abstain

Tommiiee gets the nod.

>OFFICE OF VILLAGE IDIOT
> (Vote for one or abstain)

[X] Ken Pangborn
> Tom Bishop
> Warhol
> Abstain

GO KENNY KAKES GO!!

>KOOKI INFORMATION MINISTER
> (Vote for one or abstain)

[X] Azure
> PSYLVIA PSULLIVAN
> Abstain

Hi, BlueBoi!

>MINISTRY OF CIRCLE JERKS
> (Vote for one or abstain)

[X] Big-8 Management Board
> Soc.men
> Abstain

I have to go with the treehouse crue here.