[Movie] The Current War

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Jun 4, 2019, 12:26:07 PM6/4/19

The Current War Trailer (2019) l In Cinemas 26th July 2019
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXEBX6ZHPs>

Source: https://www.amccinemas.com.hk/en/movie/details/16/11507

Synopsis

Starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison and Michael Shannon as
George Westinghouse, THE CURRENT WAR is the epic story of the cutthroat
competition between the greatest inventors of the industrial age over
whose electrical system would power the new century. Backed by J.P.
Morgan, Edison dazzles the world by lighting Manhattan. But
Westinghouse, aided by Nikola Tesla, has seen fatal flaws in Edison’s
direct current design. Igniting a war of currents, Westinghouse and
Tesla bet everything on risky and dangerous alternating current.
Directed by Alfonso Gomez‐Rejon (Me and Earl and the Dying Girl) and
written by playwright Michael Mitnick (Sex Lives of our Parents), THE
CURRENT WAR also stars Katherine Waterston, Nicholas Hoult, Tom Holland,
Matthew Macfadyen, and Tuppence Middleton.

Director: Alfonso Gomez-Rejon
Cast:Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Shannon, Nicholas Hoult

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
¤£­É¶U! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA):
Message has been deleted

Richard Silk

Jun 4, 2019, 1:06:53 PM6/4/19
On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 11:26:07 AM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> The Current War Trailer (2019) l In Cinemas 26th July 2019
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXEBX6ZHPs>
>
> Source: https://www.amccinemas.com.hk/en/movie/details/16/11507

Sorry, my first instinct was to report this as spam (because it is) although I realize NOW (I'm a tad slow at times) that this IS Tesla-related. Thanks for the heads-up! √ If anyone gives you any grief about your original post, please direct them to this apology.

Richard Silk

Jun 4, 2019, 1:07:58 PM6/4/19
On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 11:26:07 AM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> The Current War Trailer (2019) l In Cinemas 26th July 2019
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyXEBX6ZHPs>
>
> Source: https://www.amccinemas.com.hk/en/movie/details/16/11507

Thanks for the heads-up on a Tesla-related movie! √

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Jun 4, 2019, 1:57:00 PM6/4/19
Let's see how authentic the story could be ... ;)

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Jun 5, 2019, 11:37:43 AM6/5/19
On 6/5/2019 3:23 AM, edrh...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Who's playing Tesla?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Current_War#Cast

Nicholas Hoult as Nikola Tesla

Richard Silk

Jun 6, 2019, 11:08:03 AM6/6/19
On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 12:57:00 PM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
<snip>
> Let's see how authentic the story could be ... ;)

I stopped contributing money to Hollywood last year. When it comes out for free on network TV, please let us know ahead of time! √

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Jun 7, 2019, 12:40:28 PM6/7/19
For Hong Kong, it's TVB Pearl! :)

Richard Silk

Jun 8, 2019, 11:13:04 AM6/8/19
On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 11:40:28 AM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 6/6/2019 11:08 PM, Richard Silk wrote:
<SNIP>
> > I stopped contributing money to Hollywood last year. When it comes out for free on network TV, please let us know ahead of time! √

> For Hong Kong, it's TVB Pearl! :)

Never heard of it, but thanks for the "Pearl" of knowledge! :)

Richard Silk

Jan 24, 2020, 12:01:13 PM1/24/20
On Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 10:13:04 AM UTC-5, Richard Silk wrote:
> On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 11:40:28 AM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
<snip>
> > For Hong Kong, it's TVB Pearl! :)
>
> Never heard of it, but thanks for the "Pearl" of knowledge! :)

The plot seems interesting enough, from an historical perspective, PLUS now we've got not only the Edison / Westinghouse / Tesla dynamic going on, but also the Weinstein debacle as well :-) Wouldn't it be ironic to see Weinstein fry in the electric chair that Edison designed? :-)