SPIRIT SESSIONS: WATCH ONE MINUTE AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED. Wonder Box.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Sep 29, 2018, 1:07:59 PM9/29/18

SPIRIT SESSIONS: WATCH ONE MINUTE AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED. Wonder Box.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGmh-iQ1iHE>

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不賭錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):

Richard Silk

Sep 29, 2018, 3:22:13 PM9/29/18
Not *exactly* Tesla-related, but interesting...

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 1, 2018, 12:29:44 PM10/1/18
On 9/30/2018 3:22 AM, Richard Silk wrote:
> Not *exactly* Tesla-related, but interesting...

So why was this newsgroup setup?

And I don't see a newsgroup for Edison. :)

Richard Silk

Oct 1, 2018, 2:04:21 PM10/1/18
On Monday, October 1, 2018 at 11:29:44 AM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 9/30/2018 3:22 AM, Richard Silk wrote:
> > Not *exactly* Tesla-related, but interesting...
>
> So why was this newsgroup setup?
>
> And I don't see a newsgroup for Edison. :)

Edison was certainly industrious, but other than the light bulb filament... wasn't he the advocate for the incredibly inefficient DC power grid? The guy who electrocuted an elephant to death just to prove a point?

It's quiet enough of an NG to allow off-topic discussions, certainly. Edison was clearly a contemporary of Tesla. "Fan"? Not so much, one would think. Still and all, it's nice to have a conversation with someone :-)

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 1, 2018, 2:26:19 PM10/1/18
On 10/2/2018 2:04 AM, Richard Silk wrote:

> Edison was certainly industrious, but other than the light bulb filament... wasn't he the advocate for the incredibly inefficient DC power grid? The guy who electrocuted an elephant to death just to prove a point?
>
> It's quiet enough of an NG to allow off-topic discussions, certainly. Edison was clearly a contemporary of Tesla. "Fan"? Not so much, one would think.

I frankly couldn't recall any reference to Mr. Tesla when I was taught
about AC electricity. Maybe I fell asleep in the class. Or maybe the
authors of books that talked about AC electricity didn't like Mr. Tesla.

Richard Silk

Oct 2, 2018, 3:06:20 PM10/2/18
Tesla is certainly one of the unsung heroes of the dawn of the "modern" electrical age.

John Doe

Oct 4, 2018, 5:01:52 PM10/4/18
Stop spamming USENET, chink.

--
"Mr. Man-wai Chang" <toylet.toylet gmail.com> wrote:

> From: "Mr. Man-wai Chang" <toylet.toylet gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.conspiracy,alt.mythology,alt.comp.freeware,sci.electronics.basics,alt.fan.nikola-tesla,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
> Subject: SPIRIT SESSIONS: WATCH ONE MINUTE AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED. Wonder Box.
> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 01:07:58 +0800
>

> SPIRIT SESSIONS: WATCH ONE MINUTE AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED. Wonder Box.
>
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGmh-iQ1iHE>
>

> --
> ~ Remain silent! Drink, Blink, Stretch! Live long and prosper!!
> / v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
> /( _ )\ May the Force and farces be with you!
> ^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
> ј Ü Yä˝˜! ј ä∏ ǢT! ј ä¸ÇOΩ! ј ' ÔÑßœ! ј '%"Ñßœ! ј '%"ÜSÆ! ј 䌶'©ß! ј 'Ò'áæz! äÆ<ä ü'.©áÙo' Ô
> (CSSA):
> http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_addressesa

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 5, 2018, 10:44:34 AM10/5/18
On 10/5/2018 5:01 AM, John Doe wrote:
> Stop spamming USENET, chink.

I thought Tesla Radio could be related to electronics.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 5, 2018, 11:30:29 AM10/5/18
On 10/3/2018 3:06 AM, Richard Silk wrote:
> Tesla is certainly one of the unsung heroes of the dawn of the "modern" electrical age.

If that's the case, I should have read or hear about him. Something
isn't right here... at least for the past 50 years. :)

Richard Silk

Oct 6, 2018, 11:54:18 AM10/6/18
Don't worry about that troll's hate post. If he's too big a coward to even use his own name, then his comments are worthless to begin with.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 6, 2018, 12:09:44 PM10/6/18
On 10/6/2018 11:54 PM, Richard Silk wrote:
> Don't worry about that troll's hate post. If he's too big a coward to even use his own name, then his comments are worthless to begin with.

I think those troll-writers were being paid to do their job in Usenet. :)

Richard Silk

Oct 6, 2018, 12:42:53 PM10/6/18
On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 11:09:44 AM UTC-5, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

> I think those troll-writers were being paid to do their job in Usenet. :)

There are no paid employees within USENET. It functions pretty much like an autonomous mail system, courtesy of some mainframes (servers, these days) that simply listens for data packets then echoes them onward. When I hit "post" this message gets "listened to" by the nearest "listening point" on the network, then gets echoed out to all the other "listening points" on the network. Not all servers keep records of every post ever made, but Google is sufficiently awesome to attempt to preserve an active archive. Still, there are posts going back to the 1980s that I can't seem to dig up anymore.

Colonel Edmund J. Burke

Oct 7, 2018, 11:27:37 AM10/7/18
On 10/6/2018 9:09 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 10/6/2018 11:54 PM, Richard Silk wrote:
>> Don't worry about that troll's hate post.  If he's too big a coward to even use his own name, then his comments are worthless to begin with.
>>

> I think those troll-writers [are] being paid to do their job in Usenet. :)

Identifying Colonel Burke
Tom Keske Jan 1, 2011 7:25 PM
Posted in group:alt.politics.media
A CIA official openly bragged that the CIA had founded
and funded the right-wing death squads in El Salvador.
There is a long history of assault against any media that
opposes the methodology and agenda of the CIA,.
One of many examples was CIA authorized "dirty tricks"
against Ramparts magazine.
Does anyone really think that the CIA, NSA, or Pentagon
would be above waging "dirty tricks" against internet newsgroups?
No one in the mainstream media would likely even care,
if they knew. To them, internet newsgroups are a threat
to their business.
The CIA would prefer for you to hear nothing that they
have not authorized, censored, and sanitized. So they will
naturally want to kill internet newsgroups, en masse.
I believe they they are flooding it with trolls, spam,
pornography, etc. for that purpose. Then, as is true
to their style, they "blame the victim".
That is why I have been tracing one such troll,
"Colonel Edmund J. Burke", with such determination.
He is not a lonely loser, or a fool. He is a married, high-tech
world, well-to-do, Purdue-educated yuppie, with a load
of patents, seemingly much too intelligent to be spewing
the internet the types of inane, obscene drivel
that he has been making in thousands of posts to more than
100 newsgroups.
If he is an "asset", he is now a compromised one.

IDENTIFYING COLONEL BURKE
The usenet troll known as "Colonel Edmund J. Burke"
has made thousands of stomach-turning, obscene
posts to more than 100 newsgroups, many of them laced with
racial epithets and anti-gay epithets.
I previously noted that multiple people on different newsgroups
had identified "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" as this person:
Eric Paul Burke
42404 Waterwheel Ct. W.
Northville, MI 48323
248-349-1212
Eric Cell: 248-767-9359
If he is just an internet troll, it might not matter much,
but he has openly bragged that he is getting paid to
try to destroy newsgroups. If so, his activities as a troll
are not a test of the limits of free speech, but would represent
an assault on free speech.
His use of racial epithets and vulgar obscenities might be
a *technique* for the very purpose of trying to drive people
away.
While he has been identified several times, independently,
there has at the same time been doubt expressed,
because he uses faked email addresses.
Probably, Burke thinks he is being very clever, but he is
actually rather careless. He probably thinks that he can just
laugh it off when identified, that it will boil down to someone
else's word against his, and that he can stonewall, and deny it.
Eric Paul Burke majored in computer science at Purdue, but
apparently didn't take any courses in statistics.
He does not seem to realize what could give him away,
even with all those faked addresses.
Many of his email addresses contain "burke":
ebu...@yahoo.com
ebu...@yahoos.com
ebu...@yahooo.com
coburke7747...@sneakemail.com
burkesp...@badboys.com
ejb...@yahoo.com
col....@yahoo.com
edmun...@yahoo.com
bu...@asianbabes.com
Some of them contain no name, at all:
7t45...@sneakemail.com
borkatemysausage.com
your_comman...@norad.com
ik823r5?@sneakemail.com
blac...@caribbean.net
Probably, most people would know intuitively that he
is not picking the name "burke" at random, and don't need
that fact proven to them. In the sampling found above,
there are no "Johnsons" or "Smiths", etc.
However, it is good to try to put a number on it,
just to get a better sense.
To make a ballpark estimate, I looked at the Boston area
white pages, which has about 718 pages total, of which about
1 page is occupied by "Burke". If Burkes are spread relatively
evenly throughout the country, it would be fair to estimate
that the chance of a random name being "Burke" is about
1 in 700.
For the first 3 email addresses which I found to all
contain "burke", by random chance would be
(1/700) * (1/700) * (1/700) , or about 3 chances
in a billion.
I made that calculation before finding that there were
at least 9 different email variations with "burke",
not just three.
So the gut feel is correct. The odds of random chance are off
the charts.
If you Google "email trace online free" you will find
there are numerous applications for tracing email addresses.
Most of the ones that claim to be "free" will only
tell you a little, then you have to pay money to get
more information.
The troll "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" has bragged that some of his
addresses were real enough, but stolen, and that
others were completely fictitious.
Like a 5 year-old, Burke boasted that his identity was "top secret".
Most of the tracing applications will tell you if an
email address appears to be valid or not. Burke's boast
seemed correct, because some were completely bogus.
However, of the first four addresses that yielded a positive
identification, two were Eric Paul Burke of Northville, Michigan;
one was an Elizabeth Burke, a 74 year-old woman, and the 4th was
another "Eric Burke" of Minnesota.
The Colonel might think that this result keeps his
identity hidden, but it is the other way around.
If someone looked naively at the result, they might suppose
that the odds of "Eric Paul Burke" being the right person
would be only about 50-50.
To estimate the odds that a specific individual,
"Eric Paul Burke" of Northville, MI, should show up twice in a
sample of four, I counted about 20 "E Burke" names in the
metropolitan Boston area. That is only Boston area, not even
counting the rest of Massachusetts.
If Burkes are spread roughly evenly in the U.S, there
might be about 20 * 50 = 1000 "E Burkes" in the country.
This becomes a simple exercise in binomial probability.
What are the odds of getting two more successes
in 4 trials, with a chance for success of 1/1000
for any one trial?
I added binomial probability to my own personalized
calculator program, a long time ago, but you can find the
same by Googling for "binomial probability calculator".
The odds are about 6 in a million.
That is just for "E Burkes" in the United States.
Since the Colonel is stealing addresses on the Internet,
it would really include all of Canada, England, Ireland,
Australia, Europe, etc.
And that is when limiting only to "E" Burkes. As some
of his faked addresses indicate, he could really pick
from *any* Burke. I found an estimate on the
web that there are about 32,774 people named as BURKE
in the U.S.
In that case, the chance of finding Eric Paul Burke
of Northville, Michigan twice, in a sample of 4 trials
would be about 6 in billion.
So, the posters who opined that they were 99% certain
that Eric Paul Burke was not the right person
would appear to have at least a 99.9994% chance of
being mistaken in that conclusion.
I believe that any competent statistician would be
comfortable with the conclusion that the allegation
about Eric Paul Burke was correct, the first time.

Nomen Nescio

Oct 7, 2018, 1:36:18 PM10/7/18
I said you ma bitch! Keep posting fucktard!!!!!

You're very familiar with shit!

>You're a nothin wannabe stolen valor asshole. It means that you're a piece of shit.

>> Here's all of his contact information, so feel free to get
>> in touch. If you want more information about him, just let
>> me know!
>>
>> Neal D. Warren/Wilbur Hubbard/Gregory Hall
>> 200 Florida Ave #1065
>> Tavernier, FL 33070-2641
>>
>> 305-664-1729 Landline
>> 305-304-7546 Wireless

Richard Silk

Oct 7, 2018, 1:59:48 PM10/7/18
Apparently, someone has an autoreply trigger set to this particular topic.
I've run across Burke a number of times in alt.religion and elsewhere: If you have the ability to form a "plunk file" (list of blocked names or subjects involving your usenet feed) then he's a good candidate for testing it on.

On Sunday, October 7, 2018 at 10:27:37 AM UTC-5, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
> On 10/6/2018 9:09 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> > On 10/6/2018 11:54 PM, Richard Silk wrote:
> >> Don't worry about that troll's hate post.  If he's too big a coward to even use his own name, then his comments are worthless to begin with.
> > I think those troll-writers [are] being paid to do their job in Usenet. :)

> Identifying Colonel Burke
> Tom Keske Jan 1, 2011 7:25 PM
> Posted in group:alt.politics.media
> A CIA official openly bragged that the CIA had founded
> and funded the right-wing death squads in El Salvador.
<snip>