Songs for characters

74 vues

MarkWCats

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999

Well, it's been a while, so maybe we've had new ideas :-)

So, what brought this on was listening to Gran Turisimo, the Cardigans
album. Specifically, the track 'Hanging Around'. It is absolutely the
Corinthians song.

And I quote: "I wonder what it's like, seeing through your eyes." And I
think it sounds sort of right, or at least not wrong.

Just thought I should share, and not be nasty and keep it to myself.

* Thou shalt not read the bible for its prose

--
MarkWCats / Mark Dunne.
HobGa...@afng.org / mdu...@iol.ie

Noel831

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999
Speaking of songs for Characters.....if each endless had a theme song...what
would it be? I've had soem ideas....liek For Delrium definately Tori (that's a
given) but I've been having trouble with Destiny...And would we give
Destruction one???

~Karyn-Noelle
Insert Moonie Code here
"We are convinced that the aliens will like our music"- Billy Corgan during
Transmission
"If I am to be judged by those who come after me,let me be judged by the truth"
~R.M.

Amie or KRC

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:03:35 GMT, mdunne...@iol.ieKEEN (MarkWCats)
wrote:

>Well, it's been a while, so maybe we've had new ideas :-)
>
>So, what brought this on was listening to Gran Turisimo, the Cardigans
>album. Specifically, the track 'Hanging Around'. It is absolutely the
>Corinthians song.
>
>And I quote: "I wonder what it's like, seeing through your eyes." And I
>think it sounds sort of right, or at least not wrong.

Whenever I hear "Lilies" by the Cranes, I always think of Delirium.
(The song is on their album "Loved.")

The singer, Alison Shaw, has a very high, wavering, childlike voice
which contrasts with the grating, syncopated rhythm of the song.
It pretty much matches what I had in my mind when I read Delirium's
multicolored dialogue.

The end of the song goes, "...those rainbows are long gone/and mud
lies where those days once shone/and now there's just a
space/something to hold/something to feel/someone to love/someone to
need..." which I think fits in pretty well with Delirium's having once
been Delight.

Amie

Larry Madill

Amie or KRC wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 20:03:35 GMT, mdunne...@iol.ieKEEN (MarkWCats)
> wrote:
>
> >Well, it's been a while, so maybe we've had new ideas :-)
> >
> >So, what brought this on was listening to Gran Turisimo, the Cardigans
> >album. Specifically, the track 'Hanging Around'. It is absolutely the
> >Corinthians song.
> >
> >And I quote: "I wonder what it's like, seeing through your eyes." And I
> >think it sounds sort of right, or at least not wrong.
>
> Whenever I hear "Lilies" by the Cranes, I always think of Delirium.
> (The song is on their album "Loved.")
>

> Amie

We of course know what Morpheus' theme song would be, and the certain metal
band that would sing it. :- )

Larry.

--
"You are all a Lost Generation."
--Gertrude Stein in conversation

Walker-By-Proxy

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999
Personally, I'm somewhat sick of the whole "Tori/Delirium" thing. Yes, the
music's good...the singing is good, etc....but it's just not the character.
There might be a small influence, but it's not the central theme. Personally,
I'd rather hear an interesting, yet controlled chaotic fusion-mix of jazz
brass with either a classical woodwinds section, or strings. Something light
and airy and flighty that could turn deep and turbulent in a second if needed.
Kind of like Coltrane doing Bolero in a spinning gyroscopic windtunnel.

'Imagery from a Vicodan Mind' by the way, is the title of my latest short
story. (Copyright 1999, Skye Williams/NightWalker Works, Ltd)....heheheheee...

Back to bed.

-=- The NightWalker -=-

Amie or KRC

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999
On 18 Mar 1999 21:47:46 GMT, Larry Madill
<Larry...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>We of course know what Morpheus' theme song would be, and the certain metal
>band that would sing it. :- )

But there's tons of other possibilies! What about that Crowded House
song "Don't Dream It's Over"? Or "These Dreams" by Heart? Or "I Can
Dream About You" from that movie Streets of Fire? How about Alice
Cooper's "Welcome to My Nightmare"? Or "Dreams" by Van Halen?
"Nightmares" by the Violent Femmes? "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics?

<runs for cover>

Amie
kidding! don't hurt me! <G>

Larry Madill

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999

Amie or KRC wrote:

Crowded House and The Violent Femmes against Metallica? Time for my Morgana
impersonation: If you were here I'd pimp slap ya!

: )

and...@mindspring.com

Mike Stueber wrote in message <36F1A940...@blast.net>...
>Walker-By-Proxy wrote:
<snapple
>Mmm... How 'bout "She's a Rainbow" by the Stones? It'd work pretty
>well for one of Del's ecstatic moods.

Close. Try their "Ruby Tuesday."

"...yesterday don't matter if it's gone...
dying all the time, lose your dreams and you will lose your mind..."

For Morpheus, I'd go with "Echoes" by Pink Floyd. ("I am you and what I see
is me...") It's got such a dream-like mood, especially during the long
instrumental (including a rather nightmarish part) that's hard to beat.

Sheri

m.e.

Walker-By-Proxy wrote in message ...

>Personally, I'm somewhat sick of the whole "Tori/Delirium" thing. Yes, the
>music's good...the singing is good, etc....but it's just not the character.
>There might be a small influence, but it's not the central theme.
Personally,
>I'd rather hear an interesting, yet controlled chaotic fusion-mix of jazz
>brass with either a classical woodwinds section, or strings. Something
light
>and airy and flighty that could turn deep and turbulent in a second if
needed.
>Kind of like Coltrane doing Bolero in a spinning gyroscopic windtunnel.

Damn good idea.

I imagine Destiny as possibly The Orb. I doubt anybody's heard of them, but
I couldn't see him accompanied by anything but ambient. Then again, I love
ambient music.... Ahhhhhh...

Ryan Theodores*
_____________________________
"Prithee milord, how dost I look?"
"Thou look'st passing fair, milady. excepst
thou manglest the Queen's good English
and your tits are hanging out."
Sunday Mourning

m.e.

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999
>We of course know what Morpheus' theme song would be, and the certain metal
>band that would sing it. :- )
>
>Larry.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that. ;)

m.e.

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999

Ha, just occured to me. Chaotic music, for Delirium... Seems Iggy Pop could
do it :D

Please don't tell me you're talking about "P**** Walks" are you?

m.e.

non lue,
18 mars 1999, 03:00:0018/03/1999

>Please don't tell me you're talking about "P**** Walks" are you?
>
>Larry.

Ummm, I dunno. To show off my ignorance, you lost me.

Ryan Theodores

Larry Madill wrote:
>m.e. wrote:
>
>> Ha, just occured to me. Chaotic music, for Delirium... Seems Iggy Pop could
>> do it :D
>
>Please don't tell me you're talking about "P**** Walks" are you?

<wonders why a lot of people always think of the 'Naughty Little Doggy' album>

Actually...Iggy would be very Del-ish (Heh.)...but I still think a score would
fit, rather than a song or band.

-=- Valker -=-
Listening toTchaikovsky...

Eric Wong

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999
Amie or KRC <amie...@spambegone.prodigy.net> wrote:
: On 18 Mar 1999 21:47:46 GMT, Larry Madill
: <Larry...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

: >We of course know what Morpheus' theme song would be, and the certain metal

: >band that would sing it. :- )

The Magnetic Fields' "The Dreaming Moon" or The Cranes' "Dreamless"
or The Legendary Pink Dots' "A Day At The Dreams" are all better songs
than that Metallica sell-out. Plus, you get the added bonus of having
a certain Pretentious Gothic cachet. *B]

Eric

Noel831

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999
Metallica shamllica...I'm down with The Smashing Pumpkins "we only come out at
night" Although that really has nothing to DO with Dream per se..but it's still
an awesome song......but another really really cool Smashing Pumpkins song that
would be ..uhm...well it depends on who the character is.....if it
was...uhm....Destiny for instance, you could have....uhm......Ok. I'm still
haveing problems with Destiny. But I have one for Dream "Behold the nightmare!"
It's an awesome song...with lines like "All you have to do/is run away and
steal a kiss from me/become a mystery to gaze into/..." As you can tell I have
a slight obsession with the pumpkins. I love them so so much....meeting them 2
this summer was amazing...anyway. Would the Cure be on the soundtrack??

Karen McMurray

Noel831 wrote:

> Speaking of songs for Characters.....if each endless had a theme song...what
> would it be?

</lurk>

Funny you should ask, because that's pretty much what The New Music
asked Neil.

For all you non-Canadians who didn't see it, the episode transcript is
at http://www.thenewmusic.net/.

(It's episode NM13-782, in case you don't get there before this week's
transcript goes up.)

<lurk>

-karen
--
Karen McMurray
klmcm...@home.com

Mike Stueber

Walker-By-Proxy wrote:

> Personally, I'm somewhat sick of the whole "Tori/Delirium" thing. Yes, the
> music's good...the singing is good, etc....but it's just not the character.
> There might be a small influence, but it's not the central theme. Personally,
> I'd rather hear an interesting, yet controlled chaotic fusion-mix of jazz
> brass with either a classical woodwinds section, or strings. Something light
> and airy and flighty that could turn deep and turbulent in a second if needed.
> Kind of like Coltrane doing Bolero in a spinning gyroscopic windtunnel.

Mmm... How 'bout "She's a Rainbow" by the Stones? It'd work pretty

Luna Vudu

Amie wrote:
>But there's tons of other possibilies! What about that Crowded House
>song "Don't Dream It's Over"? Or "These Dreams" by Heart?

Or "Dream On" by Aerosmith! Or "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac! Or... the
possibilities are....

waveringly, luna

"Just at present you only see the tree by the light of the lamp. I wonder when
you would ever see the lamp by the light of the tree."

GaimanFan

Ryan wrote:
>Ha, just occured to me. Chaotic music, for Delirium

Even better, George Crumb :) (If you never heard of him,
listen to Black Angels... now *that's* chaotic music.)

Lurker Steve

--
"The British Empire has always encountered difficulty in distinguishing
between its heroes and its monsters."

Luna wrote:
>Or "Dream On" by Aerosmith! Or "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac!

Or "Fall into your Dreams" by Cyndi Lauper! And we can't
forget "California Dreaming" by the Mamas and the Papas.

Ryan Theodores wrote:

>Damn good idea.
>
>I imagine Destiny as possibly The Orb. I doubt anybody's heard of them, but
>I couldn't see him accompanied by anything but ambient. Then again, I love
>ambient music.... Ahhhhhh...
>

>Ryan Theodores*
>_____________________________
>"Prithee milord, how dost I look?"
>"Thou look'st passing fair, milady. excepst
>thou manglest the Queen's good English
>and your tits are hanging out."
> Sunday Mourning

The oRB!! Oh yeah.. ilove them..maybe the box by them......or for Del she could
have Chem Bros. Girl with sun in her hair......

Jason Paterson

Larry Madill wrote:

> We of course know what Morpheus' theme song would be, and the certain metal
> band that would sing it. :- )

Ever heard of Morphine? They're a dreamy, pop jazz band - very dark loungy,
from Boston. The lead singers name is Mark Sandman... honest to god.

As for Destruction, I'm seeing some kind of celtic raucous - like Great Big
Sea.
Delerium? I know Tori is deep in everyone's heart, but Phish is more
playful... more delerious.
Destiny... I'm thinking of a Canadian band called "Delerium". No relation.
Despair. Eugh... must be Bahaus... or Skinny Puppy.
Death - I think that Tori might fit here better than she would with Delerium.
Perhaps PJ Harvey.
Desire. Methinks Bjork.

And I would be tempted to go with Oasis' "Live Forever" for Hob, if I didn't
hate them. ;o)

JP

Jennifer Reinhart

GaimanFan wrote:

> Luna wrote:
> >Or "Dream On" by Aerosmith! Or "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac!
>
> Or "Fall into your Dreams" by Cyndi Lauper! And we can't
> forget "California Dreaming" by the Mamas and the Papas.

Heh...go here.http://members.tripod.com/~rose_walker/midi.html

Just my little collection. :-) Edward Scissorhands and Bohemian Rhapsody
are just in there 'cause I like 'em.

--Jenny Jo
RoseW...@afng.org
"I got fired from my job the other day. They said my personality was
weird.
That's okay, I have four more."
--Bug-eyed Earl

Jennifer Reinhart wrote:

Just my little collection.  :-)  Edward Scissorhands and Bohemian Rhapsody
are just in there 'cause I like 'em.

And Brain Damage is just there because it pleases me, and I guess I find it rather Del-ish, although you'd have to hear the lyrics.

Has anyone seen the video for "Dreams" by the Cranberries?  I remember it being very powerful...a lot of running around on green hills with white horses, and it's intercut with scenes of her pouring water on this big chunk of sod inside a house...and at the end, you see that inside in the chunk of sod is this naked man all curled up...um, that doesn't sound very cool.  But I liked it a lot.

Amie or KRC

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999
On 18 Mar 1999 23:26:51 GMT, Larry Madill
<Larry...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Crowded House and The Violent Femmes against Metallica? Time for my Morgana
>impersonation: If you were here I'd pimp slap ya!

run awaaayyyy!!! <G>

Amie

On 19 Mar 1999 02:50:56 GMT, luna...@aol.com (Luna Vudu) wrote:

>Amie wrote:
>>But there's tons of other possibilies! What about that Crowded House
>>song "Don't Dream It's Over"? Or "These Dreams" by Heart?
>

>Or "Dream On" by Aerosmith! Or "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac! Or... the
>possibilities are....

<peers around warily. fearful of Larry's pimp-slappin' threats>

How about Live's song "Lightning Crashes" for Death? Seeing as it's
all about how death really *isn't* the end...

Perhaps something industrial or techno for Desire, with cruel
lyrics...I will refrain from suggesting "I Want Your Sex" for this
one.

Amie

Sorcha

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999
Noel831 wrote...

>Ryan Theodores wrote:
>>
>>Damn good idea.
>>
>>I imagine Destiny as possibly The Orb. I doubt anybody's heard of them,
but
>>I couldn't see him accompanied by anything but ambient. Then again, I love
>>ambient music.... Ahhhhhh...
>>
>The oRB!! Oh yeah.. ilove them..maybe the box by them......or for Del she
could
>have Chem Bros. Girl with sun in her hair......

Or possibly The Future Sound of London in one of their more eclectic
moments. The last audiocast I heard would be perfect for Morpheus falling
through Del's realm in Brief Lives.

Sorcha

Jenny Jo wrote:
>Just my little collection. :-)

I forgot "Don't Dream It, Be It!" from RHPS. Speaking of
which, can we have Tim Curry in the movie? PLEEEEASSEEE???

beggingly, Lurker Steve

Panic

and...@mindspring.com wrote in article
<7csi56$usc$1...@camel0.mindspring.com>...

> For Morpheus, I'd go with "Echoes" by Pink Floyd. ("I am you and what I
see
> is me...") It's got such a dream-like mood, especially during the long
> instrumental (including a rather nightmarish part) that's hard to beat.

Pink Floyd!?! Neil would cry!!

no disrespect meant...

sarah.
--
"There's more to life than books, you know,
But not much more."

Jason Paterson <jason.p...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
: Larry Madill wrote:

: > We of course know what Morpheus' theme song would be, and the certain metal
: > band that would sing it. :- )

: Ever heard of Morphine? They're a dreamy, pop jazz band - very dark loungy,
: from Boston. The lead singers name is Mark Sandman... honest to god.

Okay, I'm going to have to write about the first time I saw Morphine,
which was at UC Irvine in 1993 just as "Cure for Pain" was coming out.
There were probably less than forty or fifty of us alternative music
geeks (because, remember, back then alternative music still existed)
in a little cruddy room with awful acoustics downstairs at the UCI
Student Center. Anyway, during the second or third song of Morphine's
set, the soundboard or something blew up, so (after trying to fix
things by twiddling with this-n-that for a couple of minutes), they
played the rest of their songs acoustic. You know how Mark uses two
microphones when he sings? (A normal one and an old-fashioned-looking
one that's hooked up to an effects box.) Since they no longer worked,
he had to sing everything naturally and without effects and it was
very, very intimate and wonderful and lovely.

Eric

verT

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999
Ok time for my Morphine story (oh but I have so many!)....

I grew up in Boston and was in bands my whole adult life (so far). So I was
always playing the same clubs, and shows, as Morphine when they were getting
popular (paround the time of Spanking the Monkey?). Sandman came to one of my
shows once and it was kind of a, I knew him-he knew me type thing but we had never
met or talked before. Well I was at the bar before we went on getting a drink and
I look to my right and he's sitting there in his sunglasses (at midnight in a
basement club?) with a smirk on his face. "hey, what's going on?" I say.
"Tequilla." he says in a very low voice. "Bad for the voice.....good for the
singin'" and at that I patted him on the shoulder with a laugh and went on to
play. Yes this is a drunken Sandman, but most of the people in the Boston music
circuit, know and love this Sandman, as well as me. I did keep in touch with him
while I still lived there but not since I moved. He does do scores and I'm sure
he's approachable....

Ever heard of Supergroup? Its a band he formed of musicians from other bands (I
think the Presidents were there at some point). They did all improv music to song
titles that Sandman would make up the night before the show. He would say
"Moonlight Pooling on a Dirt Road" and they would just start playing. Very cool.

verT

Jason Paterson

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999
verT wrote:

Well, ok... Morphine stories going around, so here's my pathetic anecdote.

I went to see Morphine just after the release of "Like Swimming" in Toronto. I liked
them since Cure For Pain, but missed out on the "Yes" tour... so this was my first
time seeing them. Me and a couple friends went down to the spot, and decided to grab
a coffee at the nearest cafe, where we found Mark and Dana having a bite to eat before
going on...

When we finally got into the club, it was dark and smokey and began getting really
crowded really fast. I even bumped into a friend from my old highschool, from another
town. There was this Miles Davis tune playing, before the show started, and all of a
sudden I started to hear this deep slide bass introduced to the music. Before I knew
it, the curtain was up, Miles had been faded out, and Morphine was there playing their
version of that Miles song.

It was an amazing show... so much more energetic than I thought it would have been.

JP

JP wrote:
>And I would be tempted to go with Oasis' "Live Forever" for Hob, if I didn't
>hate them. ;o)

I don't like them that much either but that song is DEFINITELY Hob.

"...Maybe I just want to fly/Want to live and don't want to die/ Maybe I just
wanna breathe/ Maybe I just don't believe/ Maybe you're the same as me/ You see
things I'd never see/ You and I are gonna live forever..."

Now how is that anything but Hob and Morpheus, Liam Gallagher
notwithstanding...?

protractedly, luna

Amie wrote:
>How about Live's song "Lightning Crashes" for Death? Seeing as it's
>all about how death really *isn't* the end...

I love that song. If it hadn't been so vilely overplayed I'd probably be
listening to it a lot more. I can definitely see how that would work. :)

>I will refrain from suggesting "I Want Your Sex" for this
>one.

Thank you. :) Depeche Mode has a song called "Sister of night" or something
like that that would work for Desire and Despair as a combo...

doubledly, luna

GaimanFan wrote in message <19990319100645...@ng-fq1.aol.com>...

>Jenny Jo wrote:
>>Just my little collection. :-)
>
>I forgot "Don't Dream It, Be It!" from RHPS. Speaking of
>which, can we have Tim Curry in the movie? PLEEEEASSEEE???

OK, as long as I can have Richard O'Brien and Barry Bostwick!

Sheri...
God bless Lilli St. Cyr...

Panic wrote in message <01be721b$cbc7b960$29049ad8@v>...

>and...@mindspring.com wrote in article
><7csi56$usc$1...@camel0.mindspring.com>...
>> For Morpheus, I'd go with "Echoes" by Pink Floyd. ("I am you and what I
>see
>> is me...") It's got such a dream-like mood, especially during the long
>> instrumental (including a rather nightmarish part) that's hard to beat.
>>

>Pink Floyd!?! Neil would cry!!
>
>no disrespect meant...
>
>sarah.

None taken. I have absolutely no idea what Neil's personal likes and
dislikes are. Had I known, I surely would never have mentioned the
aforementioned offending group. :)

Sheri

GaimanFan wrote:

> Jenny Jo wrote:
> >Just my little collection. :-)
>
> I forgot "Don't Dream It, Be It!" from RHPS. Speaking of
> which, can we have Tim Curry in the movie? PLEEEEASSEEE???

Hell yeah, as far as I'm concerned...in fact, I could sort of almost see
him as the Marquis...though I don't know how old he's looking these days.
Maybe he could be the Earl of Earl's Court or someone like that...

I love Tim Curry. Don't laugh at me, but I always get a littly teary-eyed
when they shoot him in Clue...

--Jenny Jo ("Great Scott!")

Amie or KRC wrote:

> Perhaps something industrial or techno for Desire, with cruel

> lyrics...I will refrain from suggesting "I Want Your Sex" for this
> one.

Desire? It's all about "Tainted Love." :-)

--Jenny Jo ("You take my tears and that's not nearly all...")

Jennifer Reinhart wrote:

> Amie or KRC wrote:
>
> > Perhaps something industrial or techno for Desire, with cruel
> > lyrics...I will refrain from suggesting "I Want Your Sex" for this
> > one.
>
> Desire? It's all about "Tainted Love." :-)

Or possibly NIN's "Closer." :-)

Last time this thread came around, somebody mentioned "Hungry Eyes" for
the Corinthian...heehee.

--Jenny Jo (Wants to fuck you like an animal...no, really, I do. Why are
you looking at me like that?)

John deBoer

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999
>Walker-By-Proxy wrote:
>>
>> Personally, I'm somewhat sick of the whole "Tori/Delirium" thing. Yes,
the
>> music's good...the singing is good, etc....but it's just not the
character.
>> There might be a small influence, but it's not the central theme.
Personally,
>> I'd rather hear an interesting, yet controlled chaotic fusion-mix of jazz
>> brass with either a classical woodwinds section, or strings. Something
light
>> and airy and flighty that could turn deep and turbulent in a second if
needed.
>> Kind of like Coltrane doing Bolero in a spinning gyroscopic windtunnel.

I'm thinking one of John Cage's pieces for a toy piano would be the perfect
thing. Anyone agree?

Twalen
Fleety
MonkeyMan

Panic

non lue,
19 mars 1999, 03:00:0019/03/1999

and...@mindspring.com wrote in article
<7cv19e$hdn$1...@camel18.mindspring.com>...

oh no, it's not offending at all. i just know neil has told of the two
separate camps there were among teens in the 70's, that there was a David
Bowie one, and a Pink Floyd one, and that he most definitely fell into the
former, the latter being a bunch of "geezers." and i would tend to agree
with him. :-)

Morgana

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
On 18 Mar 1999 23:26:51 GMT, Larry Madill
<Larry...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

8<snip>8

>Crowded House and The Violent Femmes against Metallica? Time for my Morgana
>impersonation: If you were here I'd pimp slap ya!

Oh, bite me! ;p:::::::::::::

---
Morgana.

"I close my eyes and the world drops dead, I lift my lids and all is born again."
Sylvia Plath "A Mad Girl's Love Song"

Remove "spam.off." from e-mail address.

Mute

luna...@aol.com (Luna Vudu) wrote:

>JP wrote:
>>And I would be tempted to go with Oasis' "Live Forever" for Hob, if I didn't
>>hate them. ;o)

>I don't like them that much either but that song is DEFINITELY Hob.

>"...Maybe I just want to fly/Want to live and don't want to die/ Maybe I just
>wanna breathe/ Maybe I just don't believe/ Maybe you're the same as me/ You see
>things I'd never see/ You and I are gonna live forever..."

>Now how is that anything but Hob and Morpheus, Liam Gallagher
>notwithstanding...?

Because it's a love song, and one of the whole points of Hob's
character is that he always loses his loves?

-Mute.
________________________

Morgana

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999

Hmm...some of Aphex Twin's grooves have that chaotic feel that might
fit in well with Del's ambiance. ;)

---
Morgana

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:00:55 -0500, "m.e." <Theodo...@msn.com>
wrote:

.
>I imagine Destiny as possibly The Orb. I doubt anybody's heard of them, but
>I couldn't see him accompanied by anything but ambient. Then again, I love
>ambient music.... Ahhhhhh...

Perpetual Dawn...perpetual dawn.... much better than sunlight...
perpetual dawn....

---
Morgana.

Morgana

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:32:39 -0800, Jennifer Reinhart
<deli...@uclink4.berkeley.edu> wrote:

>Amie or KRC wrote:
>
>> Perhaps something industrial or techno for Desire, with cruel
>> lyrics...I will refrain from suggesting "I Want Your Sex" for this
>> one.
>
>Desire? It's all about "Tainted Love." :-)

"Don't touch me, please! I cannot stand the way you tease. I love
you though you hurt me so...."

Hehe....

---
Almondly, Morgana.

Mute wrote:
>Because it's a love song, and one of the whole points of Hob's
>character is that he always loses his loves?

He loses them, but he still LOVES.

infinitely, luna

and...@mindspring.com

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999

Panic wrote in message <01be728a$cdd69cc0$38059ad8@v>...
<sn>

>oh no, it's not offending at all. i just know neil has told of the two
>separate camps there were among teens in the 70's, that there was a David
>Bowie one, and a Pink Floyd one, and that he most definitely fell into the
>former, the latter being a bunch of "geezers." and i would tend to agree
>with him. :-)

Then I'm in really deep shit 'cause I was in my twenties in the 70's, and
loved them *both*! (still do!) And I think I shall prefer to think of
myself as a geezette when and if the time comes! :) BTW, what did he call
the Bowie fans?

Sheri

m.e.

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999

>Hmm...some of Aphex Twin's grooves have that chaotic feel that might
>fit in well with Del's ambiance. ;)
>
>---
>Morgana

Do you own his Selected Ambient Works II CD? So beautiful, it can begin to
hurt. In a good way...

Ryan Theodores*
___________________________
Mistrust Certain Flowers
Think Like Amano

Adeheathen

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
Morpheus - Dreams Made Flesh (This Mortal Coil)
Delerium - Jelly Pop Perky Jean (Julian Cope)
Destiny - Book of Days (Enya)
Destruction - The Best Part of Breaking up is When you're making up (?)
Desire - Mirror Mirror (mon amour) (Dollar)
Despair - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (The Smiths)
Death - The End (The Doors)
Things I like > http://members.delphi.com/adeheathen < now in one handy webpage

luna...@aol.com (Luna Vudu) wrote:

>Mute wrote:
>>Because it's a love song, and one of the whole points of Hob's
>>character is that he always loses his loves?

>He loses them, but he still LOVES.

Yes, but THEY don't live forever.

-Mute.
________________________

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 01:47:49 +1100, "Reg" <gosb...@ansonic.com.au>
wrote:

>and...@mindspring.com wrote in message
><7cv129$e5e$1...@camel18.mindspring.com>...

>>GaimanFan wrote in message
><19990319100645...@ng-fq1.aol.com>...

>>>I forgot "Don't Dream It, Be It!" from RHPS. Speaking of
>>>which, can we have Tim Curry in the movie? PLEEEEASSEEE???

Hehe...I have an old Tim Curry album "Fearless." He had a hit tune
called "Paradise Garage" after the notorious club that ruled the
underground gay club scene in NYC.

>>OK, as long as I can have Richard O'Brien and Barry Bostwick!
>>
>>Sheri...
>>God bless Lilli St. Cyr...
>>

>Just as a matter of interest, did anyone else happen to notice that Lilli
>St.Cyr died just recently. I played Don't Dream It,Be It for the first time
>in ages as a mark of respect.

*sigh*

Dusty Springfield too. We're losing 'em folks.

>Reg(who tends to be into gestures like that)
>
>What ever happened to Fay Wray ?

She died too. :/

---

Mute

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
"Reg" <gosb...@ansonic.com.au> wrote:

>Desire-... or Je'Taime(Serge Gainsbourg & Jane Birkin)

And if you want an English version, I nominate the one by Anita Lane
& Nick Cave...

-Mute.
________________________

Panic

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999

and...@mindspring.com wrote in article
<7cvehk$oha$1...@camel18.mindspring.com>...

no, pardon, it was the band themselves he called geezers. he must have
made the *cutest* little glam kid. and then he became a punk later...just
thinking of that picture in the back of the kindly ones TP...adorable. 16
years old. we would have been the perfect couple. i'm telling you.
*telling* you. 8-)

Sorcha

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
Reg wrote...

>Gotta disagree Ade. That's just the kind of guy I am.

<schnirp>
>Despair-Suicide Is Painless(Theme from MASH)

<picking myself up from the floor>

<schnip>
>Reg(who was going to suggest Losing My Religion as the song for
Pharamond
>but...)

Another Dreaded Sunny Day (is that the name of it at all?) - The Smiths
for Morpheus being all lovelorn and rainy...

Sorcha
Remove the 'nospam' to reply
--
'Paper will not vanish because it is a good storage medium;
it doesn't require batteries.' - Bruce Sterling

GaladreIle

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
NightWalker suggested:

>>> I'd rather hear an interesting, yet controlled chaotic fusion-mix of jazz
>>> brass with either a classical woodwinds section, or strings. Something
>light
>>> and airy and flighty that could turn deep and turbulent in a second if
>needed.

There's this recording called Panthalassa, which is sort of an extrapolation on
what Miles Davis had wanted when he did the original recording. He had written
synth parts for some of his compositions, but the sound he wanted had not been
invented yet. So this guy (whose name I forget) took the music Miles wrote for
synth, and just added the synth to the orignal recordings. It's very
atmospheric, very multi-faceted, and very very cool. I recommend it to anyone
here who likes Miles and fusion.
Oh, I forgot.. the reason I mention this is because some of those tunes
can be used hypothetically for Delirium. :)

Maure.

GaladreIle

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
Luna mentioned:

>Thank you. :) Depeche Mode has a song called "Sister of night" or something

Speaking of Depeche Mode, what about "One Caress" for Death maybe?
"...lead me into your darkness, when this world is trying its hardest to leave
me unimpressed. Just one caress from you and I'm blessed..."

I think it'd be nice. :)

Maure.
"Eternity is in love with the productions of time."
"Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believ'd."
~from the "Proverbs of Hell", _The Marriage of Heaven and Hell_, William Blake

Christopher W. Shumway

non lue,
20 mars 1999, 03:00:0020/03/1999
Reg (gosb...@ansonic.com.au) wrote:
:
: Reg(who is still wonderting how you fuck like a plant or a mineral, and what
: the NIN's point was)

The former usually involves bees flying around your genitals, and
I really don't recommend it.

--
Chris(tmas Ape, star of "Christmas Ape" and "Christmas Ape Goes to
Summer Camp")

Aparna Bamzai

Reg wrote:

> Reg(who is still wonderting how you fuck like a plant or a
> mineral, and what the NIN's point was)

regarding the former, read pollen by jeff noon. interbreeding
between plants and people is a scary, scary thought.

--
Aparna Bamzai
redkn...@geocities.com

Reg

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999

Jennifer Reinhart wrote in message <7cv0l1$31q$1...@news-1.news.gte.net>...

>GaimanFan wrote:
>
>> Jenny Jo wrote:
>> >Just my little collection. :-)
>>
>> I forgot "Don't Dream It, Be It!" from RHPS. Speaking of
>> which, can we have Tim Curry in the movie? PLEEEEASSEEE???
>>

>Hell yeah, as far as I'm concerned...in fact, I could sort of almost see
>him as the Marquis...though I don't know how old he's looking these days.
>Maybe he could be the Earl of Earl's Court or someone like that...
>
>I love Tim Curry. Don't laugh at me, but I always get a littly teary-eyed
>when they shoot him in Clue...
>
>--Jenny Jo ("Great Scott!")

I get a little teary-eyed watching Clue, but if Tim Curry wasn't in it I
wouldn't have to watch it.
I can totally see him as de Carabas and I don't think his age would be a
problem. If anything, a slightly threadbare, past his prime character would
work better than the sleek, catlike version of the series.
I had Tim Curry marked as Croup myself, but it would be nice to see him not
playing the villain for a change.

Reg

Luna Vudu wrote in message <19990319232223...@ng-fb1.aol.com>...

>Mute wrote:
>>Because it's a love song, and one of the whole points of Hob's
>>character is that he always loses his loves?
>
>He loses them, but he still LOVES.
>
>infinitely, luna

Oh Luna, you sweet old-fashioned Romantic. I'm sure you're right but it's
cute that you have to point it out so adamantly.

Reg(who sometimes needs his jaded, cynical mindset stirred by a true
believer)

It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have lost at all.
-Samuel Butler

Reg

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999

>Last time this thread came around, somebody mentioned "Hungry Eyes" for
>the Corinthian...heehee.
>
>--Jenny Jo (Wants to fuck you like an animal...no, really, I do. Why are
>you looking at me like that?)

Oh dear. Ivory is going to be sorry he missed this. I've had to bite my
tongue,(or at least my typing fingers,) twice now.
<slaps himself to regain focus>
I was going to suggest Art Garfunkle's Bright Eyes for the Corinthian but I
thought it was a bit tasteless.
I'd also suggest Joe Jackson's Is She Really Going Out with Him for Thessaly
because, personally, I thought she was an odd choice for th Dream King.

Adeheathen wrote in message <19990320041045...@ng34.aol.com>...

>Morpheus - Dreams Made Flesh (This Mortal Coil)
>Delerium - Jelly Pop Perky Jean (Julian Cope)
>Destiny - Book of Days (Enya)
>Destruction - The Best Part of Breaking up is When you're making up (?)
>Desire - Mirror Mirror (mon amour) (Dollar)
>Despair - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (The Smiths)
>Death - The End (The Doors)
***

Gotta disagree Ade. That's just the kind of guy I am.

Destiny-Crossroads(Don Maclean)
Death-You've Got A Friend(James Taylor, sick, I know, but sometimes...."You
just call out my name/And you know wherever I am....)
Dream-any of those sings Neil used in P&N, thry all cover aspects of
Morpheus, but I don't think the song has been written which covers the whole
character.
Destruction-We Will All Go Together When We Go(Tom Lehrer)
Desire-Love Will tear Us Apart(Joy Division) or Je'Taime(Serge Gainsbourg &
Jane Birkin) depending on your mood.

Despair-Suicide Is Painless(Theme from MASH)

Delirium-Windmills of Your Mind(The Muppets...I dunno, it works for me.)

Reg

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999

Sorcha wrote

>Another Dreaded Sunny Day (is that the name of it at all?) - The Smiths
>for Morpheus being all lovelorn and rainy...
>
>Sorcha
>Remove the 'nospam' to reply
>--

Cemetary Gares was the title you were looking for.

Reg

Raining In My Heart...? Sorry, I'll just go and stand over there...

Sorcha

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999
Reg wrote...
Cemetary Gates...
I think I'll join you

Sorcha
Remove the 'nospam' to reply
--

mel...@usa.net

In article <36f4...@westvic3.ansonic.com.au>,

"Reg" <gosb...@ansonic.com.au> wrote:

> Cemetary Gares was the title you were looking for.

If I were to be completely pedantic I'd point out that the song is
called "Cemetry Gates," but I'm not, so I won't.

~Sebastien, who finds that that song describes his high school years quite
succinctly...

"A dreaded sunny day, so I meet you at the cemetry gates"

Reg wrote:
>Raining In My Heart...? Sorry, I'll just go and stand over there...

Here Comes The Rain Again?

unforgivably (Yes, but how can we work in Duran Duran?), luna

Monkysquat

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999
>From: "Reg" <gosb...@ansonic.com.au>
>Date: 3/20/99 11:47 AM Eastern Standard Time

>>Last time this thread came around, somebody mentioned "Hungry Eyes" for
>>the Corinthian...heehee.
>>
>>--Jenny Jo (Wants to fuck you like an animal...no, really, I do. Why are
>>you looking at me like that?)
>

>Oh dear. Ivory is going to be sorry he missed this

I miss nothing dammit! I see everything, I
hear everything, I feel everything, I am
everything! Sorry, I think I was channeling
Connor MacLeod. I'm trying to tone my
comments down slightly to more accurately
reflect my true personage instead of the
cartoonish facade that I have become. In
other words I'm being more of a gentleman.
Even if I'm an extremely frustrated, bordering
on violent gentleman. :)

Ivory
"If war's the key, what door will it open? Is peace the answer? Then what's the
question? War is hell, peace is hell, love is hell, Oh what the hell"
Fight the Fight -- Living Colour

Monkysquat

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999
>From: luna...@aol.com (Luna Vudu)
>Date: 3/19/99 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>JP wrote:
>>And I would be tempted to go with Oasis' "Live Forever" for Hob, if I didn't
>>hate them. ;o)
>
>I don't like them that much either but that song is DEFINITELY Hob.
>
>"...Maybe I just want to fly/Want to live and don't want to die/ Maybe I just
>wanna breathe/ Maybe I just don't believe/ Maybe you're the same as me/ You
>see
>things I'd never see/ You and I are gonna live forever..."
>
>Now how is that anything but Hob and Morpheus, Liam Gallagher
>notwithstanding...?
>
>protractedly, luna

Perhaps Queen's "Who Wants To Live
Forever?" even tho I feel like I'm being
blasphemous even mentioning it.

Reg wrote in message <36f3...@westvic3.ansonic.com.au>...

>and...@mindspring.com wrote in message
><7cv129$e5e$1...@camel18.mindspring.com>...
>>
>>GaimanFan wrote in message
><19990319100645...@ng-fq1.aol.com>...
<snip warp>

>What ever happened to Fay Wray ?

She went ape shit.
(You asked for it! And don't tell me you didn't expect it!:-))

Sheri

Reg

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999
I'm sorry. I'll read that again.

Cemetry Gates.

Normal service will resume shortly.

Reg

Reg wrote in message <36f4...@westvic3.ansonic.com.au>...

>Sorcha wrote
>

>>Another Dreaded Sunny Day (is that the name of it at all?) - The Smiths
>>for Morpheus being all lovelorn and rainy...
>>
>>Sorcha
>>Remove the 'nospam' to reply
>>--

>Cemetary Gares was the title you were looking for.
>

>Reg

and...@mindspring.com

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999

Reg wrote in message <36f3...@westvic3.ansonic.com.au>...

<apis

>Destiny-Crossroads(Don Maclean)
>Death-You've Got A Friend(James Taylor, sick, I know, but sometimes...."You
just call out my name/And you know wherever I am....)
>Dream-any of those sings Neil used in P&N, thry all cover aspects of
>Morpheus, but I don't think the song has been written which covers the
whole character.
>Destruction-We Will All Go Together When We Go(Tom Lehrer)
>Desire-Love Will tear Us Apart(Joy Division) or Je'Taime(Serge Gainsbourg &
Jane Birkin) depending on your mood.
>Despair-Suicide Is Painless(Theme from MASH)
>Delirium-Windmills of Your Mind(The Muppets...I dunno, it works for me.)
>
>Reg(who was going to suggest Losing My Religion as the song for Pharamond
>but...)

Thanks, Reg, for finally naming songs that I *know*, even if it's in jest.
(Don MacLean? Tom Leher? I didn't think anybody knew about them anymore!)
I've been feeling a bit, well, "oldish" on this thread, not knowing most of
the songs named. I thought I kept up pretty well with new stuff, but maybe
not. I don't listen to much goth stuff, and I don't care for what I've
heard of ambient music (what I've heard, or, rather what my son has played
for me, sounds kinda like 90's disco...yuk!)

Suggestions are welcome...anyone?

I'm babbling. It's 3:30 a.m.

Nighty-night all!

Sheri

In article <19990320211002...@ng30.aol.com>, luna...@aol.com (Luna
Vudu) writes:

>unforgivably (Yes, but how can we work in Duran Duran?), luna

All she wants is - Desire

In article <7d0m51$bhi$1...@fraggle.esatclear.ie>, "Sorcha"
<sorcha...@nospam.esatclear.ie> writes:

>Another Dreaded Sunny Day (is that the name of it at all?) - The Smiths
>for Morpheus being all lovelorn and rainy...

Cemetery Gates
Every Day is Like Sunday ?
("every day is silent and grey")

At this rate we should call The Smiths "the official band of Despair"

Harvey Lee

Morgana wrote:

> Oh, bite me! ;p:::::::::::::

Can I nibble for awhile? ;)
--
People keep posting about me, baby
They say my flirting is wrong

and...@mindspring.com wrote:

> She went ape shit.
> (You asked for it! And don't tell me you didn't expect it!:-))

Damn it, Janet! :)
--
When I was 16 years old, I was "mature for my age".
Now that I'm 29, I look back and I can say "I was just anal".

Mute

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999
"Reg" <gosb...@ansonic.com.au> wrote:

>I'm sorry. I'll read that again.

>Cemetry Gates.

>Normal service will resume shortly.

>Reg

Not Cemetery?

Mute, whose dictionaries are all upstairs...

In article <7d2atn$v6c$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>, <and...@mindspring.com>
writes:

> I don't listen to much goth stuff, and I don't care for what I've
>heard of ambient music (what I've heard, or, rather what my son has played
>for me, sounds kinda like 90's disco...yuk!)
>
>Suggestions are welcome...anyone?

I suggest he plays those records at 33rpm instead of 45rpm !

Brian Eno is a good start
KLF, The Orb and Paul McCartneys' Fireman project to follow.

Sorcha

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999
Aparna Bamzai wrote...

>Reg wrote:
>
>> Reg(who is still wonderting how you fuck like a plant or a
>> mineral, and what the NIN's point was)
>
>regarding the former, read pollen by jeff noon.

Or for traffic between dreams and reality for that matter (now there's a
thought!)

> interbreeding
>between plants and people is a scary, scary thought.

Made me a little leery of ever heading for Manchester... Dog-people
(shudder)

Sorcha
Remove the 'nospam' to reply
--

adehe...@aol.compervan (Adeheathen) wrote:

>In article <7d2atn$v6c$1...@camel15.mindspring.com>, <and...@mindspring.com>
>writes:

>> I don't listen to much goth stuff, and I don't care for what I've
>>heard of ambient music (what I've heard, or, rather what my son has played
>>for me, sounds kinda like 90's disco...yuk!)
>>
>>Suggestions are welcome...anyone?
>>

>I suggest he plays those records at 33rpm instead of 45rpm !

>Brian Eno is a good start
>KLF, The Orb and Paul McCartneys' Fireman project to follow.

Warning! Only SELECTED examples of the KLF's ouevre...please don't
believe that the version of 3am Eternal done with Extreme Noise Terror
is ambient. As it seems your son might be likely to tell you...

The Chill Out album is still in print on CD in the US, so go for
that...

-Mute.
________________________

lady_mi...@my-dejanews.com

In article <7cv1be$31q$3...@news-1.news.gte.net>,
Jennifer Reinhart <deli...@uclink4.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Jennifer Reinhart wrote:
>
> > Amie or KRC wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps something industrial or techno for Desire, with cruel
> > > lyrics...I will refrain from suggesting "I Want Your Sex" for this
> > > one.
> >
> > Desire? It's all about "Tainted Love." :-)
> >

> Or possibly NIN's "Closer." :-)

Not a song you want to be mouthing along to while listening to it on your
headphones at work.

Especially when the managing director walks past.

And he can lip read...

Lady Miss Tree

:----:----:----:----:

Who has a tendency to shock management--arriving at a client site with purple
hair and henna tattoes, practicing dance moves at the photocopier...

Reg wrote:

> I had Tim Curry marked as Croup myself, but it would be nice to see him not
> playing the villain for a change.

I thought him a bit too tall for Croup...
err, or maybe that's just because of the heels he wore in Rocky...Nevermind.

Christopher W. Shumway wrote:

> Reg (gosb...@ansonic.com.au) wrote:
> :
> : Reg(who is still wonderting how you fuck like a plant or a mineral, and what
> : the NIN's point was)
>

> The former usually involves bees flying around your genitals, and
> I really don't recommend it.

Um, you just accidentally made a Jeff Noon reference...no, really, you did. You
should go out and buy his second novel, Pollen.

Sorcha wrote:

> Aparna Bamzai wrote...

> >Reg wrote:
> >
> >> Reg(who is still wonderting how you fuck like a plant or a
> >> mineral, and what the NIN's point was)
> >

> >regarding the former, read pollen by jeff noon.
>
> Or for traffic between dreams and reality for that matter (now there's a
> thought!)
>
> > interbreeding
> >between plants and people is a scary, scary thought.
>
> Made me a little leery of ever heading for Manchester... Dog-people
> (shudder)

My god, how I love having cool stuff in common with people. :-) My Pollen
post above was written before reading any of this. Again, if anybody knows
how to do it, I really want a Jeff Noon newsgroup...

--Jenny Jo (Who won't say anything about the plant sex scene, except that it
takes place in the morgue...)

lady_mi...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Not a song you want to be mouthing along to while listening to it on your
> headphones at work.
>
> Especially when the managing director walks past.
>
> And he can lip read...

Especially since at that one bit, you really have to do the snarly, yelling face,
and it's kinda hard to miss...

--Jenny Jo

Morgana

non lue,
21 mars 1999, 03:00:0021/03/1999
On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 02:01:18 -0700, Harvey Lee
<Harv...@unforgettable.com> wrote:

>Morgana wrote:
>
>> Oh, bite me! ;p:::::::::::::
>
>Can I nibble for awhile? ;)

Hmm...lemme see your teeth. *grin*

---
Morgana.

"I close my eyes and the world drops dead, I lift my lids and all is born again."
Sylvia Plath "A Mad Girl's Love Song"

Remove "spam.off." from e-mail address.

Reg

non lue,
22 mars 1999, 03:00:0022/03/1999

Mute wrote in message <36f4...@news3.us.ibm.net>...
No. It's cemetry on the track listing.

Reg(whose music collection is always close to hand)

Reg

non lue,
22 mars 1999, 03:00:0022/03/1999

and...@mindspring.com wrote in message

>Thanks, Reg, for finally naming songs that I *know*, even if it's in jest.

Not entirely in jest Sheri. I genuinely think some of those songs fit the
characters. Alright, Tom Lehrer for Destruction might be drawing a long bow
but I thought it was time to move the goalposts a bit. I really meant it
about the Muppet version of Windmills of Your Mind. It is so totally
Delirium.

>(Don MacLean? Tom Leher? I didn't think anybody knew about them anymore!)

Anyone who hasn't heard of Tom Lehrer is missing out on one of life's small
pleasures and should do their best to remedy this situation.

>I've been feeling a bit, well, "oldish" on this thread, not knowing most of
>the songs named.

Perish the thought Sheri. Just jump in and name a few you know. You might be
surprised at people's responses.

I thought I kept up pretty well with new stuff, but maybe

>not. I don't listen to much goth stuff, and I don't care for what I've

>heard of ambient music (what I've heard, or, rather what my son has played
>for me, sounds kinda like 90's disco...yuk!)

I wouldn't call myself a fan of either style, but you should never write any
musical style off, except for easy-listening contemporary-adult.

Reg

So bye-bye Miss Australian Pie.
Drove my Holden to the Goulburn
But the Goulburn was dry.
And good old boys were drinking stubbies of Vic
Singing this'll be the day that I'm sick.

Harvey Lee wrote in message <36F4B631...@unforgettable.com>...

>and...@mindspring.com wrote:
>
>> She went ape shit.
>> (You asked for it! And don't tell me you didn't expect it!:-))
>
>Damn it, Janet! :)

Oh Brad, I'm mad! :)
(Should I stop now?)

Sheri

and...@mindspring.com

non lue,
22 mars 1999, 03:00:0022/03/1999

Reg wrote in message <36f4...@westvic3.ansonic.com.au>...

>and...@mindspring.com wrote in message
>>Thanks, Reg, for finally naming songs that I *know*, even if it's in jest.
>
>Not entirely in jest Sheri.

Good. I'd hoped not. (I love JT too, you almost *have* to where I live --
native son and all that!).

I genuinely think some of those songs fit the
>characters. Alright, Tom Lehrer for Destruction might be drawing a long bow
>but I thought it was time to move the goalposts a bit. I really meant it
>about the Muppet version of Windmills of Your Mind. It is so totally
>Delirium.
>
>>(Don MacLean? Tom Leher? I didn't think anybody knew about them anymore!)
>

>>I've been feeling a bit, well, "oldish" on this thread, not knowing most
of
>>the songs named.
>
>Perish the thought Sheri. Just jump in and name a few you know. You might
be
>surprised at people's responses.

Weellll, I did mention Pink Floyd, but that didn't go over very well (it's
OK, really). I still stand by "Ruby Tuesday" for Delirium. Joni Mitchell's
version of "Twisted" could work for her more, er, perkier aspect. David
Bowie's "Time" (one of my favorite songs for depression) comes to mind for
Despair ("You are not a victim, you just scream with boredom, you are not
evicting time..." and "...all I have to give is guilt for dreaming...").
"Melancholy Man" by the Moody Blues could work for Destiny, and, since I'm
now thinking about them, "Sun Set: Twilight Time" could sort of work for
Morpheus.

There. How's that for a flying leap!

> I thought I kept up pretty well with new stuff, but maybe
>>not. I don't listen to much goth stuff, and I don't care for what I've
>>heard of ambient music (what I've heard, or, rather what my son has played
>>for me, sounds kinda like 90's disco...yuk!)
>>
>I wouldn't call myself a fan of either style, but you should never write
any
>musical style off, except for easy-listening contemporary-adult.

Hah, which I what my mom listened to when I was growing up (Andy Williams,
that sort of thing, but I still like Barbra Streisand!). I also stay away
from what I call "Nashville Slick," the Conway Twitty-Dolly Parton type of
country music, but I love traditional "back porch" music and bluegrass,
which are the true descendents of Irish and Scottish music that made their
way over here.

>Reg
>
>So bye-bye Miss Australian Pie.
>Drove my Holden to the Goulburn
>But the Goulburn was dry.
>And good old boys were drinking stubbies of Vic
>Singing this'll be the day that I'm sick.

Why do you *insist* on causing harm to my nasal passages? :-)

In article <36f4...@news3.us.ibm.net>, mute...@hotmail.com (Mute) writes:

> Warning! Only SELECTED examples of the KLF's ouevre...please don't
>believe that the version of 3am Eternal done with Extreme Noise Terror
>is ambient. As it seems your son might be likely to tell you...
>
> The Chill Out album is still in print on CD in the US, so go for
>that...

Indeed.
The chill out album is so ambient, even the titles are relaxing.

Dylan Verheul

non lue,
25 mars 1999, 03:00:0025/03/1999
wrote:

>Well, it's been a while, so maybe we've had new ideas :-)

Old idea:

Desire _has_ to be I Want You by Elvis Costello.

Neil even worked it into Sandman (I woke up and one of us was crying).

Dylan Verheul

dy...@dyve.demon.nl
http://www.dyve.demon.nl

"Everything is possible but nothing is real"

Dylan Verheul

non lue,
25 mars 1999, 03:00:0025/03/1999
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 02:16:41 -0500, <and...@mindspring.com> wrote:

8< snip >8

>Weellll, I did mention Pink Floyd, but that didn't go over very well (it's
>OK, really). I still stand by "Ruby Tuesday" for Delirium. Joni Mitchell's
>version of "Twisted" could work for her more, er, perkier aspect. David
>Bowie's "Time" (one of my favorite songs for depression) comes to mind for
>Despair ("You are not a victim, you just scream with boredom, you are not
>evicting time..." and "...all I have to give is guilt for dreaming...").
>"Melancholy Man" by the Moody Blues could work for Destiny, and, since I'm
>now thinking about them, "Sun Set: Twilight Time" could sort of work for
>Morpheus.

I think it was Luna that first suggested Crowded House's _Private
Universe_ for Delirium. I also think _Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds_
is a pretty good song for Del.

Destruction could use a Metallica medley - Damage Inc, Seek and
Destroy ...

ba-FOG#1 & the Mousey Endless

Dylan Verheul wrote in message <36fdbdd4...@news.demon.nl>...

>Destruction could use a Metallica medley - Damage Inc, Seek and
>Destroy ...

I'm sorry, I thought Neil suggested a *heavy metal* song for Destruction...

-MM & the ME (disappointed that the bay area metal boys have gone all
musical and soft)
o..o o..o o..o
>\/< >\/< >\/<
not_a_...@snafu.org
http://www.snafu.org/michelle/thingiecon.htm
"For Michelle, who is NOT a stalker, not even a little one.
-Neil Gaiman"

Luna Vudu

non lue,
26 mars 1999, 03:00:0026/03/1999
Dylan wrote:
>I think it was Luna that first suggested Crowded House's _Private
>Universe_ for Delirium.

Nope. Definitely wasn't. Never even heard the song.

shruggedly, luna

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/7327/HarveyLee/DataSheet/Me-Quadesh.gif
--
H a r v e y L e e
ronin without a cause

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/7327/HarveyLee/

Dylan Verheul

non lue,
27 mars 1999, 03:00:0027/03/1999
On 19 Mar 1999 02:50:56 GMT, luna...@aol.com (Luna Vudu) wrote:

>Or "Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac!

Women, they will come and they will go ...

Yeah, good one :-)

Love that song

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999 21:27:00 -0500, <and...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>GaimanFan wrote in message <19990319100645...@ng-fq1.aol.com>...
>>Jenny Jo wrote:
>>>Just my little collection. :-)
>>
>>I forgot "Don't Dream It, Be It!" from RHPS. Speaking of
>>which, can we have Tim Curry in the movie? PLEEEEASSEEE???

Hmm, maybe we could start thinking of some audience participation
lines for the Sandman movie.

Chargement d'autres messages en cours.
0 nouveau message