Gladhaven Chronicles - Noahide Friends of Catholicism

Daniel Thomas Andrew Daly

Oct 22, 2015, 6:52:30 PM10/22/15
The Angels Saga - Gladhaven Chronicles
Life's an Adventure
by D.T.A. Daly
Copyright 6178 SC Noahide Books

Lucas, Robert, Mary and Steven. And Isabelle the Tomboy who was a bit older.
'Life's an adventure,' said Lucas.
'Let's get drunk,' said Robert.
'Your too square to get drunk,' said Mary, looking at the glossy magazine in their hangout club.
'And your too much of a lady to get drunk with me,' replied Robert. Mary was a lady. A rich bitch. She lived in Gladhaven, the daughter of a rich man on the town council, and her father had bought them this house, down one of the sidestreets next to the river which ran through the centre of town, for a clubhouse when they were younger. They'd been hooligans, somewhat, when they were younger. Even trying to rip off stuff from the Dungeon of Dread Adventure park, which had just been a little bit of a joke, acting on Brand's advice. Brand Brigsby. Town Cool Kid. Now 40, and mostly drunk, living on the streets, cause his wife had left him, he'd lost his job, and he didn't give a shit anymore. Mary pitied him, and bought him a hot dog every now and again, but he still didn't care.

'Lucas MacLean. When is Rufus coming over?' asked Mary.
'We've never been cool enough for him to want to hang with us,' said Lucas. 'He is only into his heavy metal community anyway.'
'You don't dig Angus Campbell,' said Steven. 'And that's Rufus best mate.'
'He called me a bitch, once, in school. I've never forgiven him,'said Mary.
Isabelle looked up. She had been playing Alice Cooper's album 'School's Out' lowly on the record player. 'You love heavy metal, but you can't get over your gripe. Your just jealous that Scarlet landed him. You wanted him bad. You said so all the time.'
'Shut up,' said Mary. 'She's a protestant bitch, that Scarlet. Presbyterian. She wouldn't understand him.'
'And you would, I suppose,' said Lucas. 'He doesn't even believe in the Church anymore. Mostly that Noahide cult on the southside. What he follows.'
'You never leave Catholicism,' replied Mary.
'Tell that to Martin Luther,' replied Lucas.
Mary stuck her tongue out at Lucas who had gone into the kitchen to get a can of Coca Cola.
'So when is Rufus coming over?' asked Mary to Lucas again.
'Eventually,' replied Lucas, walking back into the room.
'They'll never let you join their band,' said Isabelle. 'Your only average on drums. And Scarlet doesn't like you that much.'
'I'm getting better,' said Mary.
'Mary O'Donnell. Drummer for 'The Decadent Dreamers'. She'll be famous, I tell you,' said Robert.
'Shut up Robbie,' said Mary.
'They'll scream for her,' said Robert.
'Shut up,' said Mary again, smiling.
'They'll scream at her,' said Lucas. 'Her drumming is that bad.'
The gang laughed. Mary blushed. Another day passed in Gladhaven.
The End

Life's an Adventure 2
'Mary O'Donnell. You are no good girl. No good.'
'Look, boss. I spent all afternoon stacking those can's the way you said,' replied Mary. 'What? Aren't they done to your liking?'
The boss glared at the girl. She was arrogant. What would you expect - her family was loaded. She only worked in the Supermarket because her father insisted she do something productive with her time, and even though she was bright enough and academic enough she couldn't really be bothered pushing too hard in life. She was set to inherit a fortune. She already owned a clubhouse where she could sleep if she wanted to. She just didn't really care that much because of it. Life was an adventure, with her church social group, and that was how she'd liked it since leaving school, and the way it had always been. She wasn't planning anything different.
'Look, the can's are stacked fine. But it took you 4 hours which was a 20 minute job. I don't even know why I'm paying you. We must be making a loss.'
'Sorry Mr Rodriguez,' replied Mary. 'I'll try better next time.'
'You do that girl,' said the Supermarket store owner, and walked off.
'Moron,' she said as he departed, and got back to putting new vegetables into the vegetable aisle.

'Wassup?' asked Lucas MacLean, when Mary O'Donnell walked through the clubhouse front door, late on Friday afternoon. Evening, really.
'Work,' she replied. 'Boring as usual.'
'But it pays the bills, huh,' replied Lucas, grinning.
Steven was in front of the stereo, and Alice Cooper's 'Welcome to My Nightmare' was playing. As usual. Steven dug the coop. The clubhouse had all his records on vinyl, ironically, because Steven was a puritanical for the older music, which had to be in an appropriate format, be that record or cassette. Sure, by the 90s CD was cool enough for stuff of that era, but forget it for anything 1989 or older.
'Put on Iron Maiden. Or Def Leppard,' said Mary. 'Enough of that Alice Cooper shit. I've had my fill of that bloody album.'
Steven flipped her the bird, but put on 'Pyromania' by Def Leppard onto the record player.

'You look like shit,' said Steven, looking at the sweat on Mary's face.
'I feel like shit,' she said. 'I had to actually do real work late in the day. Clean the frikkin toilets. They were disgusting as well.'
'Mary O'Donnell. Working for the money. Who would ever have thought it,' said Steven.
'And she's on minimum wage too,' said Lucas. 'Isn't life ironic.'
'Shut up,' replied Mary, and likewise made a finger gesture.
Mary looked at Steven. He was dressed in black. 'You going to see her again. Are you? Gertrude?'
Steven nodded. 'She's pregnant,' he said.
The other two looked at him, stunned. 'Your frikking kidding, aren't you?' asked Lucas.
'I'm sort of the dad,' said Steven.
'What do you mean sort of?' asked Mary, eyebrow raised.
'Well, if you don't count the incubus involved,' said Steven sombrely.
'Man,' said Mary. '24 and the doofus is a dad already.'
'My dad was 24 when he had me,' said Lucas.
'Yeh. And look at how you turned out,' said Mary. Lucas threw a CD at her.
'So, what's the plan?' Mary asked. 'We doing anything tonight? Or just crashing here and listening to music.'
'Isabelle is bringing pizza. From Pizza Hut. Nice ones,' said Lucas. 'She'll be here when she finishes work at 6. Probably get here around 7. I think we are just crashing here tonight.'
'That will do just fine,' said Mary. 'I think I'll work on my next volume of 'Mary Rox'.' Mary Rox was a compilation series of CDs which Mary burnt onto CD from her PC. She'd done 7 of them so far, and planned them out carefully.
'Another night of bullshit then,' said Steven.
'Another night of bullshit,' agreed Mary, as, indeed, another night of bullshit passed in Gladhaven, and another weekend got underway in the quiet and sleepy Nebraskan American town.
The End

Life's an Adventure 3
The gang were at Church. Sunday night, when the usually attended. St Thomas', on Main Street, on the south side of town. Father Mick Collins was the Parish Priest of the Catholic Church, and Mary Donnelly went every week. She never missed. She was not religious, in her own words. But she never missed church. There was a difference between being religious and simply being properly devoted to one's faith and what one professed to believe.
'I'm not a hypocrite. I go to church every Sunday. I practice my faith. But I'm not a nun,' Mary was wont of saying. She delineated between being religious and simply being somebody who took seriously what they claimed to believe. More intellectual acknowledgement in her own words.
'So,' said Father Collins, closing his homily. 'Like Christ we must humble ourselves. To Calvary, if necessary. To the bloody martyrdom of our own soul, for the sake of the Kingdom of God.' And then he finished his sermon, and returned to his seat.

After Church the 5 of them were out in the front ground of the church, the priest talking with people.
'That's him,' said Isabelle, the oldest of them, pointing to a man.'
'Daniel Daly,' said Steven. 'Founder of the Noahide Church.'
'It's not a church,' said Lucas.
'Duh,' replied Steven. 'They say he's secretly really old. Like two or three hundred or something. That's he's been around since the 20th century.'
'Very few that old,' said Mary, looking at him. 'And he only looks about 40.'
'He has grey hairs,' said Steven. 'But mostly dark brown. They say he's ageless. One of God's chosen ones. Will live as long as Noah apparently.'
'950 years,' said Mary.
'So the rumour goes,' said Steven. 'Apparently there are lots of them out there. In the world. Old people, now. Shielded by Government, usually. Not talked about. Shy to the media. Government doesn't want people to know the Bible is true.'
Mary looked at Daniel Daly. 20th Century? It was the year 2096. Nobody should look that young born from the 20th century.
'I'm going to talk to him,' said Mary.
The gang watched as Mary O'Donnell walked over, and introduced herself to the Noahide Pastor Daniel Daly.
'Hello. I'm Mary,' said Mary. 'I'm a churchgoer here at St Thomas'.'
'Pleasure to meet you,' replied Daniel, and smiled at her.
'So how old are you then?' asked Mary, blurting it out.
'Mary O'Donnell. Mind your manners,' said Father Collins.
'I'm 123,' said Daniel. 'Turning 124 in November.'
'123? Seriously?' asked Mary.
'I do not tell a lie,' responded Mr Daly. 'But keep it to yourself, ok. And your friends. I could hear you all. You want to know. God's people are allowed to.'
'How come? How come he blesses you with such long life?' asked Mary.
'If you want it,' said Daniel, grinning. 'Ask him for it.' And he smiled to her, and returned to his conversation with the priest.
Mary looked at Mr Daly, thinking on that statement, and wandered back to her group.
'What did he say?' asked Steven.
'Uh, nothing,' said Mary.
'Nothing?' queried Steven, the rest of the group looking at her.
'It's not important,' she replied, as the group starting gossiping on just that. But Mary just looked at Mr Daly, and thought on what he said. Ask for it. As simple as that? Ask for it. And, driving home, thinking on that, a leap of faith was taking place in the heart of Mary O'Donnell. A very momentous leap of Almighty Faith.
The End

Life's an Adventure 4
'Everything is backwards in Gladhaven,' said Steven.
'How so?' asked Mary, looking up from her New King James study bible.
'Let me explain,' said the lad. 'Yankees live on the south side of town. All the Catholics on the south side. Protestants on the North side. That's backwards. The Catholics in our town are very biblical, while Protestants barely quote scripture, and are very much into traditional ways. We listen to a heck of a lot of Heavy Metal, but tonnes of Christian CDs as well. Protestant ones, heaps of them. We barely touch traditional Catholic Music. And Father Mick encourages us to be biblical, and embrace our Protestant brethren to get along. You know that Scarlet bitch?'
Mary nodded.
'She prays the rosary. Calls herself a Catholic Presbyterian. Says the Anglican Church and the Lutheran Church and the Presbyterian are traditionally called Catholic Churches anyway.'
'That's actually true,' replied Mary. 'They do use the Apostles creed very often, and do identify as Catholic very often.'
Steven looked at her. 'Are you serious?'
Mary nodded. 'Most of the Protestants in this town are Apostolic,' she said. 'There was a movement in the town when it was young where the protestant churches studied the Apostolic Fathers regularly together, and creeped closer to traditional Catholicism. I read about it in a town history book.'
'Apostolic Fathers?' queried Steven, a blank look on his face.
'Sequel to the New Testament,' said Mary.
'Well there we go again,' said Steven. 'The Protestants are Catholic and the Catholics are Protestant. Gladhaven is all backwards.'
Mary looked at the bible she was reading. New King James version. As protestant as hell. She chuckled a little.
'I'm not protestant,' said Isabelle. 'I'm a Jehovah's Witness.'
Lucas guffawed practically, and Mary just stared at Isabelle. 'A Joe Hoe?' she queried.
'I have seen new light,' said Isabelle. 'The Watchtower controls my destiny,' she said, still grinning.
'Are you a faithful slave?' asked Steven.
'I am literally of the John class,' said Isabelle.
'That holy,' said Mary. 'Are you ready to announce the Kingdom of Jehovah?'
'My presence,' makes it known,' said Isabelle, now standing, and putting her hand out like a communist visionary.
'All hail Queen Isabelle, Lord of the Joe Hoe's,' said Lucas.
'Yes. Yes Lord,' said Isabelle. 'For I am a man in many ways.'
'That's true,' said Steven.
'Shut up moron,' retorted Isabelle. 'Your Queen has spoken. Off with his head.'
'Shall I get the guillotine your majesty,' said Lucas. 'We can have a proper beheading.'
Isabelle, grandly, gazed at Steven. 'Nay, I sense he has repented, and fears the Mighty Queen of the Watchtower once more. He may have mercy.'
'Praise for the mercy of Queen Isabelle,' said Mary sarcastically, as Isabelle collapsed on them all, laughing her head off.
As they chatted amongst themselves, Mary laughed a little, and returned to her study. Genesis. Chapter 9. The Noahide thing.
'..........................rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. 14 It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; 15 and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." 17 And God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth."
'Really?' she said out loud, to the spirit.
'Really,' it said in her heart and head.
'Mary? Who are you talking to?' asked Isabelle, as the others were wrestling.
Mary looked at her. She didn't respond, but looked blankly at Isabelle, her mind elsehwere, and returned to her bible. Isabelle fell to wrestling again, but had her eye on her bestie.
'You expect me to believe this?' she asked HIM again.
'You expect me to believe in Monkeys, do you?' the voice said in her head.
She shut up. She wasn't really sure if she believed in monkeys anymore. She wasn't really sure if old Darwin really was scientific any more. Too many holes. Too many problems.
'950 years is a long time,' she said quietly.
'Try infinity,' replied the voice.
She didn't say anything. She just smiled. And picked up her bible, went off to the back room, and sat quietly reading. Isabelle came in after a while, looked at her, and looked at what she was reading, but didn't comment. But she could see the intense look on her friends face. The intense look and that something was happening in her. Something, very deep, was happening in the heart of Mary O'Donnell.
The End

http://exclusivecatholicbooks.angelfire.com/noahidefriendsofcatholicism.html