The Downfall of KABC

Michael Higby

Jul 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/19/97

Remember all the great hosts KABC had? Look at what they have replaced them
with:

THE GREATS
Michael Jackson
Ray Briem
Ira Fistell
Carole Hemingway
Tom Hall
Hilly Rose
Roger Barkley
Elmer Dills
Bruce Herschenson
Truman Jacques
Bud Furrillo
Tommy Hawkins
Geoff Witcher
Bob Arthur

WHAT THEY HAVE NOW
Art Bell
Ronn Owens
Larry Elder
the Sportstalk Idiots
Doug McIntire
Gloria Allred
Chuck Madden
Reruns
Mr. KABC

-ho-hum. Once Ken Minyard, Peter Tilden and Dennis Prager are gone, that's it
for KABC!

North Hollywood On The Internet
http://www.primenet.com/~mhigby/noho.htm
= = = = = = = =
The Return of Phil's Diner
http://www.primenet.com/~mhigby/nohomem.htm
= = = = = = = =
Don't send me spam (I'll bill you.) (remove .nospam to reply)
Don't send me rants (I'll ignore you.)

Steelers-suck

Jul 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/20/97

Wyatt wrote:
>snip

> : WHAT THEY HAVE NOW
> : Art Bell
> Come on. Art is very cool. His show is so wacky you cant even
> believe whats going on. You know most of it (all?) has to be hoax
> and theres no way Art believes it (Well, maybe he does?). But he lets his
> guests continue ranting and raving. Very entertaining.

Somewhere there was a Miami Herald description of the Phil Hendrie show
that reads practically verbatim to Wyatt's above quote about Art Bell.

Wayne Strang

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

Wyatt wrote:

> I dont know if this guy wanted to be anonymous or not (I dont think he meant
> to sound anonymous, I think he was having newsserver trouble. But I dunno)
> But he did ask that I post this...

<snip>

> > : Roger Barkley
> > : Bob Arthur
> > Both good and funny. But I wouldnt put either one in the status of
> > so funny or attractive that you had to keep tuning back in.
> >
> Their shtick got older and older the longer they were on. Besides, they're
> resting comfortable now living off their pensions and IRAs, so good for them.

Bob Arthur is definetly resting comfortably. He died a couple of months
ago.

Moi

da...@inland.net

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

In article 33d5870b...@news.wenet.net,
mwc...@holdthespamplease.hooked.net (Mike) said:

>On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 02:42:57 GMT, wy...@netcom.com (Wyatt ) wrote:
><some snipping>
>
>Fung wrote:
>
>>12-3 Art Bell
>>(Art Bell's show is . . . . . .
>>Claims to
>>have no screener. Claims to have "time travelers" on his show.

Who needs a screener when you have Caller ID. You just set up a PC with
a telephony card to ID calls, compare the numbers with your list and to
not answer numbers on the black list. By the way, I don't know who might
use this method. But, by the number of wackos, I do not suspect MrKABC.
However, it would be easily and cheaply accomplished. And since most
call in shows have 800/888 numbers, callers can not block their numbers.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Art had a similar setup. If so, then Charlie "liberal"
must be on his "A" list.

dave

Wayne Strang

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

If I remember correctly, you CAN block your number from 800 etc. numbers
(except for "enhanced 911"), BUT it shows up on the phone bill at the
end of the month no matter what.

Moi

WillWork4food

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97
to Internrob

> > > Larry Elder
>
> A great guy who does a great show.

Well, that says everything about you and your opinions. That and your
reference to Furerer. InternRob must refer to your confinement
status...interned at some mental institution.... Im sure you use the
computer to communicate because they wont allow you to have sharp
objects, like pencils or pens, in there. Nut!