You know your a Python nut when...

infonaut

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
You can lip sync the lines to most sketches and one entire movie.

You use Python insults on your friends, complete with accent.

You're doing an experiment in Chemistry and it begins to bubble and
you say in a Brit accent "Oh shit lookout he's gonna explode!"

You can think of a pythoneque line to go with any conversation.

Add ons are welcome... Andy, srx...@grove.iup.edu

PhyscsChck

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
When all someone has to do is mention the word "python" and you
immediately start spouting out worthless facts and are met with quizzical
stares.

When you're answering machine declares to your boss "At the sound of the
tone I will wave my private parts in your direction."

When you are given the opportunity to make a speech in front of a large
public audience and you open with the lines "I never wanted to do this--I
always wanted to be a lumberjack!"

Analda aka Yes, I am a Python nut and have done all of the above
Physc...@aol.com
"Is that Jesus Christ?" "No, I think it's Lenny Kravitz."
--Beavis&Butthead

Jason Jerabek

Susan King

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
...even the slightest reference to the Land Down Under causes you to
enthusiastically proclaim, "Australia! Australia! Australia! We love you!
Amen!"

Minister of Silly Translations aka or, you make a pilgrimage to the site
of the fish-slapping dance...
--

@ @ @ Susan King
|\__/ \__/| po...@ix.netcom.com

Bonni Hall

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
Behold! Susan King (po...@ix.netcom.com) did say unto us:

> ...even the slightest reference to the Land Down Under causes you to
> enthusiastically proclaim, "Australia! Australia! Australia! We love you!
> Amen!"

That happens to me all the time, but then, I tend to hang around (virtually
speaking) with Australians.

How about this for being a true Pythonite:

In Sunday school a few weeks back, we were discussing something to do with
church growth. The minister said that one thing to consider is the fact that
Protestants traditionally have smaller families. I bit my tongue and kicked
my husband (The Number One David in the International Regiment of Davids,
thankyou) under the table, because I really, REALLY wanted to blurt out:

YES! That's because WE can use CONDOMS!!!

> Minister of Silly Translations aka or, you make a pilgrimage to the site
> of the fish-slapping dance...

Her Grace the Prime Minister aka Oh, Lord, oohh you are SO BIG, so
absolutely HUGE, GOSH, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you...
----,--'--{@
Bonni Hall aka Her Grace the Duchess aka Prime Minister
_ __,;;;/ http://www.prairienet.org/~bonni/ (bo...@prairient.org)
,;( )_, )~\| Chairman of the Board of Irresponsible People
;; // `--; Keeper of the Sacred a.f.m-p. Homepage
' ;\ | http://www.prairienet.org/python/ More titles on request

PhyscsChck

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
>YES! That's because WE can use CONDOMS!!!

You can? My goodness!

Of course, how many of us when participating in a serious discussion and
hear Nietzche mentioned immediately respond by singing, "There's nothing
Nietzche couldn't teach ya bout the raising of the wrist" in a very loud
voice?

Analda aka A Catholic
aka In reference to the condom bit
aka In no reference to the singing bit
aka Or the philosophy bit
aka (Waves) Hi Bonni!

Physc...@aol.com

"Is that Jesus Christ?" "No, I think it's Lenny Kravitz."

--Beavis&Butthead

kevin jones

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
Another example of how you can tell if you're a Python nut . . .

You're sitting in church listening to a sermon and you turn to your
wife and whisper, "It's not to be taken literally; it refers to
any manufacturer of dairy products," or "Crucifixion? It's not so
bad; at least it gets you out in the open air."

Kevin

Wesley Payne

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
Jason Jerabek <jjjd...@aol.com> writes:

>PhyscsChck wrote:

[entire post reposted in reply just so some stubby fingered, drooling,
retarded git could follow it up with:]

>Me too.

Say, you aren't TROLLING, are you, boy?

Bonni Hall

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
Behold! kevin jones (ke...@big10.metrobbs.com) did say unto us:

Errrrr.... I've done that.... Not exactly, but I HAVE turned to my husband
and said, "Blessed are the CHEESEMAKERS?"

Her Grace the Prime Minister aka Protestant and fiercely proud of it!

lars...@delphi.com

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
kevin jones <ke...@big10.metrobbs.com> writes:

>Another example of how you can tell if you're a Python nut . . .

...if, whenever something good happens to you or to a person you're
speaking with, you can't help saying, or at least thinking,
"And there was much rejoicing (yay).

Erik "Not the Comic Book Writer" Larsen
Founder, Carol Cleveland Appreciation & Jockstrap-Throwing Society
aka alumnus of the School for Acting in Trenches

Chuck/Patti Lipsig

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
infonaut <info...@scorpio.lib.iup.edu> wrote:

You cannot say or write, "I believe God exists," without at least thinking if
not actually adding on, "Two pinfalls to a submission."

Chuck Lipsig lip...@atlantic.net Gainesville, FL
It's not just a .sig -- It's a .lipsig.

Ron

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
bo...@prairienet.org (Bonni Hall) wrote:

>In Sunday school a few weeks back, we were discussing something to do with
>church growth. The minister said that one thing to consider is the fact that
>Protestants traditionally have smaller families. I bit my tongue and kicked
>my husband (The Number One David in the International Regiment of Davids,
>thankyou) under the table, because I really, REALLY wanted to blurt out:

>YES! That's because WE can use CONDOMS!!!

CON-DOM...Now there's a *very* woody word. (nudge nudge)

bill walters

Apr 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/6/96
lars...@delphi.com wrote:

I'm glad that I am not one of the so called Python nuts. Really. Every
other sentence I utter is a direct quote from some Python work, but I
am definitely not a Python nut. And quite glad of it. I hardly ever
say Ni! and only practice silly walks when I'm not sitting. I never
recite the Parrot sketch (well, I constantly do actually) and never
ever say Semprini OOO WHAT A GIVEAWAY! If I find myself actually being
a Python nut, I shall nail my head to a coffee table. Dinsdale?

--

======================================== \|/ ____ \|/
| Bill Walters | @~/ ., \~0
| e-mail: wwal...@unlinfo.unl.edu | /_( \__/ )_\

PhyscsChck

Apr 7, 1996, 4:00:00 AM4/7/96
> If I find myself actually being
>a Python nut, I shall nail my head to a coffee table. Dinsdale?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to shoot you for that last remark.

Analda aka Prides herself on being a Python nut
aka and a lumberjack

infonaut

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
> [...]
>my husband (The Number One David in the International Regiment of Davids,
>thankyou) under the table, because I really, REALLY wanted to blurt out:
>
>YES! That's because WE can use CONDOMS!!!
>
>> Minister of Silly Translations aka or, you make a pilgrimage to the site
>> of the fish-slapping dance...
>
>Her Grace the Prime Minister aka Oh, Lord, oohh you are SO BIG, so
>absolutely HUGE, GOSH, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you...
>----,--'--{@
> Bonni Hall aka Her Grace the Duchess aka Prime Minister
> _ __,;;;/ http://www.prairienet.org/~bonni/ (bo...@prairient.org)
> ,;( )_, )~\| Chairman of the Board of Irresponsible People
> ;; // `--; Keeper of the Sacred a.f.m-p. Homepage
> ' ;\ | http://www.prairienet.org/python/ More titles on request
>
> And end that with "And today I think I'll have a French tickler."

infonaut

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
ke...@big10.metrobbs.com (kevin jones) wrote:
>Another example of how you can tell if you're a Python nut . . .
>
>You're sitting in church listening to a sermon and you turn to your
>wife and whisper, "It's not to be taken literally; it refers to
>any manufacturer of dairy products," or "Crucifixion? It's not so
>bad; at least it gets you out in the open air."
>
>Kevin

Or your priest is talking about the Sermon on the Mount, and you think
"What'd he say?" "I think he said blessed are the cheesemakers!"

You hear any church bells and think what if someone gave you a
cannon for christmas.

You see the people on TV reenacting Christs' caarying the cross to his
crucifixion, and think (blasphemy, I know) "Crucifixion? Good. Out the
door, lying on the left, one cross each. Next."

infonaut

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
I was in ROTC, and during Drill and Ceremonies lab, I always thought
of the sketch out of "Meaning of Life" (What would you RATHER be
doin' than marchin UP and DOWN the SQUARE??)

You are bored, and you think "I didn't want to do this anyway...I (etc.)

You see a dead animal, and you think "That animal is NO MORE. It has
CEASED to BE. It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible!
It's a STIFF. Bereft of life, it rests in peace..."

infonaut

Apr 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/9/96
A bookshop is out of Barnuby Rudge by Dickens, and you think "They also don't have Ranuby Budge by Charles DIkkens, Carnuby Fudge b=
y Marles Wickens, or Stickwick Stafers by Tarles Wiquemmmms with four M's and a silent Q."

Steve P.

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
>>Another example of how you can tell if you're a Python nut . . .

A friend and I were in one of those .99 cent junk-stores and came upon
cans of "cheese-substitute". Instantly, we both said to each other that
they didn't have any REAL cheese today cause the "van broke down!"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I demand my right to keep and arm bears!

Bobo

Apr 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/10/96
In article <rVFbxgHw...@shore.net> ste...@shore.net (Steve P.) writes:
>>>Another example of how you can tell if you're a Python nut . . .

A few weeks back I saw a guy doing a pretty good rendition of Cleese's silly
walk right through the middle of our campus. I kept watching, and he kept
doing it right into some building. Unfortunately I did not have my rubber
chicken to whack him with, but I still had great awe and respect for this man.
Of course, maybe he was just late for a midterm - "I apologize for being late,
but it seems my walk has become rather sillier recently."

colt aka It's not particularly silly, is it?
aka I mean, the right leg isn't silly at all
aka The left leg merely does a forward aerial half turn every alternate
step
aka I'm definitely not one of those Python nuts. And I'm sick and tired
of being told that I am.

crazycurt

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
... you suddenly turn to strangers and scream "BURMA" and then in a
silly screechy voice say "oop... I panicked."

Dorothea Horn

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
On 9 Apr 1996, infonaut wrote:

> A bookshop is out of Barnuby Rudge by Dickens, and you think
> "They also don't have Ranuby Budge by Charles DIkkens,

> Carnuby Fudge by Marles Wickens, or

> Stickwick Stafers by Tarles Wiquemmmms with four M's and a silent Q."

I always thought "silent Q" meant that it reads: "Wiqemmmms" ???

Peter Morris

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
You know you are a Python nut when you are at a wake or funeral and it is all
you can do to keep from shouting...

"...he is an EX-PARROT!!!"

WindSlasher

Apr 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/11/96
In article <4kid2a$t...@pa.mother.com>, crazycurt <craz...@odyline.com> wrote:
> ... you suddenly turn to strangers and scream "BURMA" and then in a
>silly screechy voice say "oop... I panicked."

Or any time something happens twice you comment "I have this terrible
feeling of deja vu..."

slasher aka Dr. Brigadier Mr. W. S. Gumby (ret. dec. etc)
aka See the new AFM-P talker at pug.7thlevel.com 2010
aka no I won't post this twice so everyone can have a terrible
feeling of deja vu...

Wind Slasher+...@io.com++
"Batman ran up the Batstairs to fetch the BatPolaroid"

PhyscsChck

Apr 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/12/96
people leave very angry messages on your answering machine because your
message consists of the Dead Parrot sketch and they feel that their time
is worth more than having to listen to these meaningless bits of drivel.
Not that I changed it to please them.

Analda aka Even though I eat like an alcoholic, I'm really not!
Physc...@aol.com
"You're letting the *droids* fly the ship?" --Star Wars Shadows of the
Empire

Chuck/Patti Lipsig

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
craz...@odyline.com (crazycurt) wrote:

> ... you suddenly turn to strangers and scream "BURMA" and then in a
>silly screechy voice say "oop... I panicked."

Just calling out "Albatross!" for no particular reason also does nicely, thank
you.

Mathew Ellman

Apr 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/13/96
when you do your own silly walk everywere you go

falc...@grove.ufl.edu

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
I'm in AFROTC and during our skit night we (with appropriate homige to
python) reinacted the UP AND DOWN THE SQUARE scene, customized to include
people at our Detachment as characters. They still think our flight is
weird......

--
The opinions expressed herein are not those of the United States Air
Force, the US government, or that of killer man-eating Squirrels.

moulton james andrew

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
My friend Joe is a squirrel, and he most certainly agrees with you. Oh,
it says man-eating....Nevermind, Joe's only eats fish and gerbils.

FILTHY ka nyg its.

Vlad the Wonder Hamster

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96
to Bobo
On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, Bobo wrote:

> aka I'm definitely not one of those Python nuts. And I'm sick and tired
> of being told that I am.

And I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired...

Kyle Robert Jago [Bleak Jerry Togo] - Vlad, the Wonder Hamster
Slayer of Tenors, Capitalist Swine, and the Communist's Worst Nightmare
Founder and Chairman/CEO/President of the Coalition of Mighty Basses
email: kj...@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Base of Operations: http://www.ualberta.ca/~kjago/Vladpage.html

Beckie Randall

Apr 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/16/96

...you're on vacation in Hawaii and your main objective becomes taking a
picture of a real live ALBATROSS and collecting two coconut halves so you
can bang them together.

Paul Kintzele

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96

You think of Dennis the Political Peasant every time someone says the
number 37.

Bob McCann

Apr 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/17/96
You are listening to someone talking on the phone, and after hearing them say:

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Yes."

You instinctively remove one of your shoes (of one of theirs) to
double-check the size.

-- Bob aka eight-and-a-half

Lisa Howard

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
Naw, it's when you hear somebody use the phrase "completely different"
and you think of John Cleese in a bikini, lying on a lounge chair.

PhyscsChck

Apr 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/20/96
Or when you write your name down as 'Raymond Luxury Yacht' but pronounce
it 'Throatwarbler Mangrove.'

Analda aka or was it Throatwobbler? I'm too lazy to get up and check the
script book right now

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96

You cannot here Proust mentioned without breaking into a round of "Proust in
his first book, wrote about, wrote about...."

It can be a lot of fun if you are doing more than one of the parts at the same
time.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig
Same person -- different names.
Well, they're pronounced different.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
One more: You're making love and as you come you cry out, "My nipples explode
with delight."

Note: I have actually done this.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Farquahr Lipsig
The last one is pronounced, "Chuck" also.

Fred Coppersmith

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
> One more: You're making love and as you come you cry out, "My nipples
explode>with delight."
> Note: I have actually done this.

Chuck, you are one sick puppy.

PhyscsChck

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96
>One more: You're making love and as you come you cry out, "My nipples
>explode with delight."

Thanks for the hint

Analda aka Now I'm waiting for LoboCop387 to come home from work so I can
try it myself

D. Santos

Apr 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/24/96

>Thanks for the hint

Please tell me where that quote came from. I've got to know.

Dee

--
dsa...@ccu.umanitoba.ca

BobbieG.

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
... during the opening credits of The X-Files, you keep expecting the
It's man to run out, saying, "The truth is -" and then the march
music.

Bobbie aka do *you* think I'm spooky?

Barbara Crossman

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
bob...@azstarnet.com (BobbieG.) wrote:

Actually, there is a contemporary Christian music artist named Steve
Taylor who opened his music video "Squint: Movies from the Soundtrack"
by running down a long corridor to the camera. When he reached it, he
only had time to say: "IT'S..." before the opening creditd cut him
off.

When I asked him about it, saying I enjoyed the homage to Python, he
replied:

"On film, it's a homage. On paper, it's plagiarism."

Just the sort of answer I expected from a Python aficianado!

David Emprimo

A.K.A. "I know it says Barbara Crossman, but I'm not her!"

Steve Padilla

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
The MIS departments at my company was named ITS (Information Technology
Services) Without exception each of us refers to the department with
Michael Palin's "it's" instead of saying the initials. Just after the
name change we met with the new CEO who said he couldn't think of our
departments without thinking of Monty Python. It's nice to have
management you can communicate with.

Steve "This post wouldn't go 'voom' if you put four million volts through
it" Padila
Biosphere 2 Center Inc.

Dan Parslow

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
In article <fxc121.18...@psu.edu>, fxc...@psu.edu says...

>> One more: You're making love and as you come you cry out, "My nipples
>explode>with delight."
>> Note: I have actually done this.
>
>Chuck, you are one sick puppy.

No, he'd be sick if he said it while he was being nicked by
Police Constable Pan Am, or, things being as they are, any
nice policeman, and or police dog Josephine, who is not only
armed, and trained to sniff out certain substances but is also
a junkie.

ObAdditionalPython: I just nipped round to 22A Runcorn Avenue
and there's no longer a lake there. The Smegmas at number 24
built a dam in their sitting room.

ObIdleness: I have a copy of Eric's play "Pass The Butler", and
you don't.

ObFollowUpThatWillNeverBeSeenByThePosterWhoAskedTheOriginalQuestion:
The words to the "dead monkeys are splitting up again bit" appear
in Eric Idles Other, Other Book "The Rutland Dirty Weekend Book",
in the 'Rutland Stone' section. They also appear on the album
"The Rutland Weekend Songbook", so it looks like he got quite a
bit of mileage out of that one bit.

- Dan "I think there's something wrong with Mr." Parslow
(ah yes, my head's been ripped off.)

Linnéa Jonsson

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

I once had to listen to a rather boring political person talk about
economy or something similar...
It actually got bearable once I started imagining his mother and her best
friend walk up to the man and start saying

"Does he talk, then? Does he talk?"
"Oooo, he's a _clever_ boy. A _clever_ little boy. He's got a tubby tum-tum"
etc.

Sincerely, No-time Toulouse (Mrs)

--
Linnea Jonsson
n...@krille.update.uu.se -- http://www.update.uu.se/~nea/

‹ I'm sorry. I'm afraid I've caught poetry.
‹ Oh really? Well, don't worry, sir - I used to suffer from short stories myself

PASCAL DUVAL

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96
Hey, is anyone here is able to tell from what Python movie this line comes from
"" Ok, let's call it a draw """ not easy, but if your real fan you should guess

Fred Coppersmith

Apr 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/26/96

>>"Does he talk, then? Does he talk?"
>>"Oooo, he's a _clever_ boy. A _clever_ little boy. He's got a tubby tum-tum"
>>etc.
> Hey, is anyone here is able to tell from what Python movie this line comes
from>

Yes, but I'm afraid I'm not going to.

It's the one in which Mrs. Niggerbaiter explodes (but things explode every
day, so it's no biggie).

Dena Rose Beaman

Apr 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/27/96

PASCAL DUVAL (pdu...@magic.fr) wrote:
> In article <nea-260496...@17.66.19.249>, n...@krille.update.uu.se (Linnéa Jonsson) says:
> >
> >I once had to listen to a rather boring political person talk about
> >economy or something similar...
> >It actually got bearable once I started imagining his mother and her best
> >friend walk up to the man and start saying
> >
> >"Does he talk, then? Does he talk?"
> >"Oooo, he's a _clever_ boy. A _clever_ little boy. He's got a tubby tum-tum"
> >etc.
> >
> >Sincerely, No-time Toulouse (Mrs)
> >
> >--
> >Linnea Jonsson
> >n...@krille.update.uu.se -- http://www.update.uu.se/~nea/
> >
> >‹ I'm sorry. I'm afraid I've caught poetry.
> >‹ Oh really? Well, don't worry, sir - I used to suffer from short stories myself
> >
> Hey, is anyone here is able to tell from what Python movie this line comes from
> "" Ok, let's call it a draw """ not easy, but if your real fan you should guess
hmm...could it be....holy grail?? just kind of a wild guess there...
black knight scene...

--
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
"And the maiden Justice, * "...Because he has a soul, Man can

Maharg

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

or when you name your dog Wilbur Biscuitbarrelumbrellastand

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig

Apr 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/28/96

fxc...@psu.edu (Fred Coppersmith) wrote:

>> One more: You're making love and as you come you cry out, "My nipples explode
>>with delight."
>> Note: I have actually done this.

>Chuck, you are one sick puppy.

Thank you. My wife adds that this is why she married me.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig Gainesville, FL
Only one of us is real -- The question is, which one?

Fred Coppersmith

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

>fxc...@psu.edu (Fred Coppersmith) wrote:
>>> One more: You're making love and as you come you cry out, "My nipples
explode>>>with delight."
>>> Note: I have actually done this.
>>Chuck, you are one sick puppy.
>Thank you. My wife adds that this is why she married me.

Well i'n't that special? :)

>Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig Gainesville, FL
>Only one of us is real -- The question is, which one?

Me, quite definitely.

roger andrick

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

In article <4lrhhu$s...@paris.magic.fr>, pdu...@magic.fr (PASCAL DUVAL) wrote:
>In article <nea-260496...@17.66.19.249>, n...@krille.update.uu.se
(Linnéa Jonsson) says:

>>I once had to listen to a rather boring political person talk about
>>economy or something similar...
>>It actually got bearable once I started imagining his mother and her best
>>friend walk up to the man and start saying
>>
>>"Does he talk, then? Does he talk?"
>>"Oooo, he's a _clever_ boy. A _clever_ little boy. He's got a tubby
tum-tum"
>>etc.
>>
>>Sincerely, No-time Toulouse (Mrs)
>>
>>--
>>Linnea Jonsson
>>n...@krille.update.uu.se -- http://www.update.uu.se/~nea/
>>
>>‹ I'm sorry. I'm afraid I've caught poetry.
>>‹ Oh really? Well, don't worry, sir - I used to suffer from short stories
myself

> Hey, is anyone here is able to tell from what Python movie this line comes
from
>"" Ok, let's call it a draw """ not easy, but if your real fan you should
guess

That's easy!! It is The Holy Grail, of course. How about the line
"Splitter!!"?

Analda House

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

>>> You're making love and as you come you cry out, "My nipples explode
>>>with delight."
>>>Chuck, you are one sick puppy.
>>Thank you. My wife adds that this is why she married me.

Well now a feel that there is renewed hope for my engagement.

Analda aka Where is my horny fiance anyway? Oh, he's over there
ana...@HiWAAY.net/formerly Physc...@aol.com

Stephen Oakes

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

roger andrick scratched:
> In article <4lrhhu$s...@paris.magic.fr>, pdu...@magic.fr (PASCAL DUVAL) grunged:

> >"" Ok, let's call it a draw """ not easy, but if your real fan you should
> guess
>
> That's easy!! It is The Holy Grail, of course. How about the line
> "Splitter!!"?

That's just as easy! It is The Life of Brian, of course. How about
the line "Nah, piss off!".

Fred Coppersmith

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

Just a wild guess...but Mr. Creosote in "The Meaning of Life"?

Rich Pursley

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Maharg wrote:

> or when you name your dog Wilbur Biscuitbarrelumbrellastand

Or when your wife is feeling romantic and just to set the tone looks
deeply into your eyes and says "My hovercraft is full of eels..."

bill walters

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Fred Coppersmith (fxc...@psu.edu) wrote:
: >roger andrick scratched:

Nah . . . I think it was Brian's mother in Life of Brian.

--

======================================== \|/ ____ \|/
| Bill Walters | @~/ ., \~0
| e-mail: wwal...@unlinfo.unl.edu | /_( \__/ )_\

Matt Arnold

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

Rich Pursley <op...@open.seanet.com> wrote:

Or she says, "Do you waaant, do you waaant to go back to my place?
Bouncy, bouncy!"

Later,
Matt aka my lower intestine is full of Spam, egg, Spam, . . .
"This movie is basically pro-humanity and anti-bad things, and it rips
aside the hypocritical facade of our society's gin-and-tonic, and it
leaves a lot of sacred cows rolling around in agony." -- J. McCrettin
* * * *
email: m...@prairie.lakes.com WWW: http://prairie.lakes.com/~mra

Michael Colegate

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

roger andrick wrote:

> In article <4lrhhu$s...@paris.magic.fr>, pdu...@magic.fr (PASCAL DUVAL) wrote:
> >In article <nea-260496...@17.66.19.249>, n...@krille.update.uu.se
> (Linnéa Jonsson) says:
> >>
> >>I once had to listen to a rather boring political person talk about
> >>economy or something similar...
> >>It actually got bearable once I started imagining his mother and her best
> >>friend walk up to the man and start saying
> >>
> >>"Does he talk, then? Does he talk?"
> >>"Oooo, he's a _clever_ boy. A _clever_ little boy. He's got a tubby
> tum-tum"
> >>etc.
> >>
> >>Sincerely, No-time Toulouse (Mrs)
> >>
> >>--
> >>Linnea Jonsson
> >>n...@krille.update.uu.se -- http://www.update.uu.se/~nea/
> >>
> >>‹ I'm sorry. I'm afraid I've caught poetry.
> >>‹ Oh really? Well, don't worry, sir - I used to suffer from short stories
> myself
> >>
> > Hey, is anyone here is able to tell from what Python movie this line comes
> from

I belive that that was from one of the TV episodes, because the person
who suffers from short stories then tells the story of Dennis Moore.

Mrs. Zambesi could check, but her new brain has not been installed yet.

Mike

( my brain hurts too)

Gareth Ashton

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

Maharg wrote:

> or when you name your dog Wilbur Biscuitbarrelumbrellastand

Or when you name your hamster Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lin-bus-stop-
F'tang-F'tang-ole-Biscuitbarrel, and then persuade everyone you know that he
can't be called simply Tarquin because he might get a bit upset.
| KA - Now stand aside worthy adversary.
'I kick arse.......... | BK - 'Tis just a scratch. (Looking at shoulder)
......for the LORD!!!!' | KA - A scratch? Your arm's off!
| BK - No it isn't.
Ninja Vicar - Brain Dead | KA - What's that then? (pointing to arm)
__________________________| BK - I've had worse.
| KA - You're a liar.
gar...@concha.demon.co.uk | BK - Come on you pansy!
__________________________|_________________________________________________

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

One more Python-nut incident in my life: I took lunch today at my 5
month-olds day-care center. As I was leaving, I walked by a group of four-year
olds. They started asking, "Why are you carrying a stick?" "Why do you have a
beard?" "Which baby is yours?" "Can I hold him?" etc. etc.

After a few minutes of this and several attempts to say, "I have to go to
work, now," I finally looked at one of the day-care workers and said, "I didn't
expect the Spanish Inquisition."

Unfortunately I didn't get the response I hoped for. Still, it was worth the
try.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig Gainesville, FL

"Give 'em the nap-time mat!"

Cezar Jakucewicz

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

On 29 Apr 1996, roger andrick wrote:

> In article <4lrhhu$s...@paris.magic.fr>, pdu...@magic.fr (PASCAL DUVAL) wr=
ote:
> >In article <nea-260496...@17.66.19.249>, n...@krille.update.uu.se=
=20

> (Linn=E9a Jonsson) says:
> >>
> >>I once had to listen to a rather boring political person talk about
> >>economy or something similar...

> >>It actually got bearable once I started imagining his mother and her be=

st
> >>friend walk up to the man and start saying
> >>
> >>"Does he talk, then? Does he talk?"

> >>"Oooo, he's a _clever_ boy. A _clever_ little boy. He's got a tubby=20

> tum-tum"
> >>etc.
> >>
> >>Sincerely, No-time Toulouse (Mrs)
> >>

> >>--=20
> >>Linnea Jonsson =20
> >>n...@krille.update.uu.se -- http://www.update.uu.se/~nea/
> >>
> >>=8B I'm sorry. I'm afraid I've caught poetry.
> >>=8B Oh really? Well, don't worry, sir - I used to suffer from short sto=
ries=20
> myself
> >>
> > Hey, is anyone here is able to tell from what Python movie this line co=
mes=20
> from
> >"" Ok, let's call it a draw """ not easy, but if your real fan you shoul=
d=20
> guess
>=20
> That's easy!! It is The Holy Grail, of course. How about the line=20
> "Splitter!!"?
>=20
>=20
Too Easy !!! "Life of Brian"

A man needs a wife, there's only so much
he can blame on the governemnt. - Jedd Clampitt

Barbara C.B. Steele

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

You know your a Python nut when you're sitting in class and the teacher starts
to talk about The Trojan Horse and you instantly have flashbacks to the
"Trojan Bunny" from the Holy Grail ;) I did that... twice ;) Last year and
today, both in Lit. class, hehe ;) Boy did I get in trouble when I started
laughing! After I explained she reluctantly said "Well... at least your
connecting the material..." ;)

Barbara (high priestess of the Church of Frank, Rooster, and Burt Schnick,
friend of Bob Schmit, and their dog the ALMIGHTY Bubba \/0/\/ Schnicky Poo,
high priest of the Church of Frank) :)

Peter Morris

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, Chuck, and Chuck Lipsig wrote:

> One more Python-nut incident in my life: <<

I got in the cab at O'Hare last night and the driver is blaring Indian
music at full blast.

"Would you like me to turn it off?" he asks.

"It's fine." I replied

Fives minutes later (with much whining, wailing gawd-awful music)...

"Music OK"

"Yeah, sure"

Then finally, after I could take no more...

"Shut up that Bloody Bazouki!!!"

No. He did not reply as expected. Ah, Well, a bit much to ask for I
expect.

Marne Anne Orenich

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

O.K. This is VERBATIM from a Python book.

(In reference to a previous post wherein someone asked the
name of the man who catches poetry...)

It appeared in the third series, show #8

In an off-license, Mr. McGough (Idle) is a solicitor who
has caught poetry, and asks for a bottle of sherry from the sales
clerk, Mr. Bones. Bones (Cleese) then lapses into the story of D
Dennis Moore............

Hope that clears it up for you. Now give me all the Lupines
you've got.

Dennis Moore

--
"Kilimanjaro is a pretty tricky climb. Most of it's up, until you
reach the very, very, top, and then it ends to slope down rather

Daniel Noll

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

Peter Morris wrote:
> Then finally, after I could take no more...
> "Shut up that Bloody Bazouki!!!"

I thought that it was a Mazuki!
Ford

Peter Morris

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

No WONDER he did not respond correctly!

Bob Faulkner

May 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/10/96

...someone annoying comes up to you and starts a sales pitch. You respond:

Ni! Ni! Ni!

PsstOvaHea

May 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/15/96

When you think nothing of bursting into song..."I wish I was a girly just
like my dear poppa?" at a bus-stop.
When during the sermon at church you turn to a complete stranger and say
in a conspiratorial manner:"He's right you know..."
When you go up to a police officer and ask him to go back to your place.

Helen Heaven

May 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/16/96

When you want to split people's nostrils open with a boat hook

When you dream of the hotel shangri-la and watneys red barrel

When you can't find you recipe for strawberry tart (with a bit of rat
in it)

King eh!, who does he think
he is.....Well I didn't vote
for ya.

Message has been deleted

Mark Boyle

Nov 14, 2022, 11:08:56 AM11/14/22
When you know how to say "My hovercraft is full of eels" in more than 9 different languages besides English, e.g. "Mein luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller aale".