Graham's Adopted Son...

Nancie Rideout

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99

Hey! I was just checking out the Bios at PythonShop.com, and in reading
Graham's, I noticed it said that Graham and David Sherlock's adopted son,
John, died in 1992. Anyone know what happened???

Madeleine BAROUKHEL-MOUREAU

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
He died of a heart attack at the age of 31. In "Monty Python speaks", Terry
Gilliam drew a very strange parallel between Dorian Gray's story and Graham
and John's. He said Graham never seemed to suffer from all his drinking,
while John's health seemed to fade at the same time. However, Graham's cancer
may be enough to prove this theory wrong.

DMarr56833

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
>Hey! I was just checking out the Bios at PythonShop.com, and in reading
>Graham's, I noticed it said that Graham and David Sherlock's adopted son,
>John, died in 1992. Anyone know what happened???

I remember reading about it in the paper at the time he died. I have always
thought he committed suicide.

Madeleine BAROUKHEL-MOUREAU

Oct 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/12/99
Well, I just checked : he died of a heart attack, according to Terry G anyway.
Here's what he says (pp 296-297) :

"And as the years go by, Graham's drinking never affected him - he'd look the
same - but John Tomiczek was putting on weight and bloating, and getting
uglier. Graham was giving this kid everything, but he was somehow the living
portrait of Graham Chapman. (...)
And in the end John died of a heart attack not long after Graham died. It was
the most bizarre thing watching this happen. And Graham just floated through
life sucking his pipe, it was a weird kind of total obliviousness to any
responsibility. That was a time I began to get really worried, because it was
one thing when Graham was really outrageous and funny, and then it sort of
moved into something else and started first affecting him and then those around
him, in a way that was affecting them worse than it was affecting him. (...)"

Disillusioned Troubadour

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99

>>Hey! I was just checking out the Bios at PythonShop.com, and in reading
>>Graham's, I noticed it said that Graham and David Sherlock's adopted son,
>>John, died in 1992. Anyone know what happened???

he had congenital heart problems. got the best of him in the end.

alley

"Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseat cause kids." -
Kellett

Coming Soon: Virtualley - The Web Site from Hell

Analda Anglin

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
>>>Hey! I was just checking out the Bios at PythonShop.com, and in reading
>>>Graham's, I noticed it said that Graham and David Sherlock's adopted son,
>>>John, died in 1992. Anyone know what happened???

Taken from Graham Crackers by Jim Yoakum, who collaborated with Graham
Chapman, John Tomiczek, and David Sherlock:

"In the early 1990s, John married an American girl but, sadly, died
shortly thereafter of heart trouble."

Analda aka this is a serious post, so no aka
ana...@hiwaay.net

kat

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
I may have mentioned this before, but if there is anything good about
Graham's death, it's that he didn't have to live to see John die, as
well. kat

Karissa Thomas

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
Anyone know when David and Graham adopted John?

--

"NI!!"

ICQ# 27979329

GChapfan1

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
I'm pretty sure it was 1971.

Sheila

kat

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
GChapfan1 wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it was 1971.

Hi, Sheila! Is this the "legal" date or when he actually went to live
with them? I was under the impression it was earlier than that. thx,
kat

GChapfan1

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
>Is this the "legal" date or when he actually went to live
>with them?

I think they both happened in the same year (although I could be wrong).
Anyway, according to the Graham Crackers book, it says that 1971 is the year he
became legal guardian to John Tomiczek.

Sheila

Shimpwoo

Oct 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/15/99
This is 1971 England, was it legal for gay couples to adopt children and here
in America that made it legal or illegal (i don't remember) for gay couples to
adopt children

Mark E34-535-SPORT

Dec 27, 2021, 9:19:11 AM12/27/21
It was decidedly dodgy no matter when it was.