Burzum Forums return

infot...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2006, 10:10:57 PM1/15/06
We've just restored the Burzum forum. It needs experienced users who
can contribute interesting conversation to drown out the inevitable
idiots.

Music

Rumors of a new Burzum album float around. Apparently, it's a metal
album and will be made either from prison or immediately following
release.

* Should another album be made?

* Should it be metal, keyboard or traditional Norsk instruments?

* Should he continue to avoid directly stating political opinion, so
his albums keep that "power art" feel?

* Who's going to publish it?

Some of us here talked it over and here was the consensus: no to more
politics in the music; keep it in interviews. Yes to another album, no
to metal. We have no idea how he'll get it published.

Ideas

All musicians have ideas. These ideas, when they deal with other
people, are political. Even the most "individualistic" person wants to
control others. Musicians, like any artists, when they make music will
often incorporate some of these ideas. Some are purely in sound form,
and others are given words, and here's where they can get into trouble.

It's not race itself that's the taboo of our time. It's the idea that
we are determined by biological factors more than social ones. Society
wants to believe it can give us money, educate us, indoctrinate us and
force us through public health care and it will have produced the best
citizens it can. The ugly (for some) truth is that much as we breed
animals or plants, we have to breed humans. Race is part of this, as is
eugenics, as is worship of genius. This taboo line defies our modern
philosophy of "materialistic individualism."

Varg, unlike most metal musicians, was willing to cross that line --
and others follow (bravery is rewarded, sometimes).

All the good things in life are not for sale. Fine art can be sold, but
you're buying the CD, not the ability to create or understand or share
the music. Culture cannot be created with televisions, nor can it be
made profitable. It's either culture, or consumerism. It's either good
leadership, or democracy. It's either racial separation, or genocide.
Burzum stepped out and showed us that, if we want to see the world of
higher ideals and fantasy shown us in his music, [i]we have to oppose
modern society at a philosophical level[/i].

Community

Many good topics arose on the last incarnation, although admittedly it
died a slow and painful death. The popularity of Burzum within Black
Metal invites all sorts of people. Especially the wild, liberal trolls
complaining about the ideals of Varg... such is life.

http://www.burzum.com/forum/

helmriz

Jan 17, 2006, 9:26:23 AM1/17/06
i think i would have nothing against a new burzum album, either black metal
or ambient. but i think there will be no more black metal album until he is
out of jail. the ambient albums are great as the old metal stuff. but, if it
contains political messages, i will think twice about buying it. the
swastikas on the last two cd covers and booklets are ok, because they are
not ment (just) in a political way. i think all of you would welcome it, if
he brings out new stuff, but after the last interview, i really doubt he
does. and finding a label for a burzum release is not a big deal, i think
<infot...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag