Fri. 2/25 Big Show Synopsis

1 view

Brady

Feb 26, 2005, 12:17:16 PM2/26/05
Here we go ...

- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2005 -
On tonight's program: Ricky Gervais and Food Network host Rachael Ray.

*MONOLOGUE HIGHLIGHTS*
"Thank you so much. Thank you. Boy, I want to tell you something. If we've got
folks from out of town here in New York City, you folks couldn't have come at a
better time. You know why? The crime in New York City is at an all-time low.
<<applause>> [Isn't] that good? <<applause continues>> And I was thinking about
it, and I think it must be true, because, I'm tellin' ya, it's been weeks since
a couple of subway punks have said to me, 'I've had a bellyful of you college
kids!' <<laughter>> So ... " <<applause>>

"Oh, here's something exciting for our town. The Olympic Committee is in the
city scouting for the 2012 Olympic Games. How many of you think that would be a
great idea, to ... ? <<applause>> And the city is getting all spruced up. All of
the rats are wearing pink ribbons."

"Here's great news. And ... as a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to drive down
there and pick her up. In a couple of weeks, Martha Stewart's getting out of
prison. <<applause>> That's right. And so today, the *terror alert* was raised
from 'orange' ... <<some laughter>> to 'pesto.' <<laughter; applause; Dave looks
to Paul>> You want to drive down with me?" (Paul: "I'm there! I'll sit in the
back.")

*DESK CHAT HIGHLIGHTS*
Rachael Ray is here tonight. She has three shows on the Food Network. One of the
shows features Rachael traveling all over the world attempting to eat on
$40/day. Does Paul think that can be done? No. Dave says it *can* be done. He
says that he could certainly eat on $40/day. Paul says it depends on where you
eat. Dave says it doesn't matter. He could easily do it; he could eat on
$20/day. Paul says not if you go to Daniel Boulud. Dave says he wouldn't go
there! But the point is: the woman dines out all the time yet she looks great;
she's slender. You'd think she'd be a balloon, but she's not. So Dave's first
question for her is: how can she eat all that food yet still look so great? Paul
knows: she only spends $40/day! Dave says it doesn't make any sense.

Also, no matter what time of day or night you tune in to the Food Network,
Emeril Lagasse is always on the air. What's the deal with Emeril, and when is he
going away? Dave says the thing he likes about Emeril: you'll see him making,
say, pudding, and he'll have two huge handfuls of garlic. And everybody cheers
when he adds like a million pieces of garlic! Dave says that's great, but if
Emeril were to feed it to the crowd, everyone would complain. Yet the crowd
cheers him when he ruins a dish like that! Dave says these are just some of the
questions he'll be getting to with Rachael Ray.

Professional LEGO artist Nathan Sawaya is here tonight. All night long, he'll be
working on a mosaic of Biff, made entirely of LEGOs. At the end of the show, we
see the finished product. That was actually mighty impressive.

*WEEK IN REVIEW*
In this edition of 'Week in Review,' we took a look at: a promo congratulating
the New York Knicks All-Stars 2005 (there are none); President Bush repeatedly
mispronouncing 'nuclear'; The History Channel's Presidents' Day programming (it
had nothing to do with Presidents - "The History Channel -- we have no idea what
the hell we're doing."); Central Park's Presidents' Day Blowout (it's a big sale
on 'really gay saffron-colored drapes'); an example of the ongoing 'Christo
fever' (women at Flashdancers are now dancing around a saffron 'gate'); the new
*Cooking for Two* magazine (featuring Ted Danson & Mary Steenburgen, Matthew
Broderick & Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kirstie Alley); a promo for Fox's 'Stars
Without Makeup' special (it featured Dave); a PSA from Alan Kalter regarding
steroids (he used them in the past, and now his head is *huge*). After taking a
look at the cover of *Cooking for Two*, Dave says that he's always liked Kirstie
Alley, "and I don't care if she weighs 600 pounds, I think she's still hot."

And that was this week's 'Week in Review.'

*WILL IT FLOAT?*
Dave promotes the home game. He says it's so much fun that if he had enough to
go around, he'd make sure that everyone in the audience got one. But he doesn't.
No, seriously -- he only has the one. Paul points out that it's just a prop,
really. Dave believes that it's probably just an empty box. He takes a look
inside, revealing that it actually comes with a list of items that you can see
whether they float. That's what you get for your $30.

Tonight's item: a banjo. What does Paul think? It'll sink. Dave agrees. How many
strings? Five. Paul thinks a four-string banjo would sink, so a five-string
banjo will definitely sink. Dave agrees. The result: it sinks, slowly but
surely. I played at home and lost. Oh, and what were we playing for? A pair of
snow tires.

*RICKY GERVAIS*
He's a good, solid, funny guest. His new book is "Flanimals," a children's book
from Putnam Juvenile.

*RACHAEL RAY*
She was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll start watching the Food Network.

*OTHER STUFF*
- TTL: Revelations in the Secret Bush Tapes
- Act V: Academy Awards predictions with costume designer Susan Hum. (No one
told her that she was going to have to make Academy Award predictions. Since she
hasn't seen any of the nominated films, how would she know who will win? In the
future, it would be nice if they would ask her ahead of time to do this sort of
thing, then maybe she'll have something to say.)

*MISCELLANEOUS MEANDERING*
I've got an exciting Saturday ahead of me. I plan on replacing some light bulbs
and going to the supermarket. Very, very exciting ... Have a good Saturday,
people.

Later ...

Brady

Tom Costello

Feb 26, 2005, 1:16:47 PM2/26/05
Brady wrote:

> - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2005 -
> On tonight's program: Ricky Gervais and Food Network host Rachael Ray.
>

> *WILL IT FLOAT?*

> Tonight's item: a banjo. What does Paul think? It'll sink. Dave agrees.
> How many
> strings? Five. Paul thinks a four-string banjo would sink, so a
> five-string
> banjo will definitely sink. Dave agrees. The result: it sinks, slowly but
> surely. I played at home and lost. Oh, and what were we playing for? A
> pair of
> snow tires.

I played and lost, too. I guess I was banking on the fact that the the head
thing would have a sufficiently watertight seal with the hoop thing, or the
air would be trapped under the.....oh, who cares. I over-thought it, and
lost.

> *RICKY GERVAIS*
> He's a good, solid, funny guest. His new book is "Flanimals," a children's
> book
> from Putnam Juvenile.

I enjoyed his reaction to his 4 out of 5 star Amazon.com customer review
rating. Brad, do you read the Amazon readers' comments? Just curious. If you
do browse the reviews, I didn't mean it - I was just having a bad day with
the Google.

> *RACHAEL RAY*
> She was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll start watching the Food Network.

Although she has three shows on the network, whenever I tune in I either see
Emeril (as Dave said) or Molto Mario. Story of my life. Word is that Rachael
got engaged recently, and I looked for the ring, and sure enough... there it
was. $40 per day? If my food and beverage budget were $40 per day, I would
spend $1200 per month on dining and drinking. Wait. Now that I think about
it, from what I've read, that might actually underestimate the liquor
allotment for the average afl'er.

> *OTHER STUFF*
> - TTL: Revelations in the Secret Bush Tapes

I heard crickets, especially for #1. Wasn't that just weird?

> *MISCELLANEOUS MEANDERING*
> I've got an exciting Saturday ahead of me. I plan on replacing some light
> bulbs
> and going to the supermarket. Very, very exciting ... Have a good
> Saturday,
> people.

We live parallel lives, Brady.

--
Tom2; For those who are curious - here is the 1-star Flanimals review from
Amazon:

Reviewer: Humourless in Montreal (Canada):

I get the feeling that this book is another one of Ricky Gervais'
jokes...but this time the joke is on us. He must have spent all of a couple
of hours writing this book, paid someone to do a fine job on illustration,
and made sure he got it out in time for christmas so that anyone who loves
the office was lined up for the perfect gift. Big disappointment. I love The
Office but:
The book is of course complete garbage. I am sure that if you try hard
enough, various social and political angles can be constructed, but I
suspect that Mr Gervais wrote this to find out if anything can sell no
matter how bad provided it has the right name on the cover. Many gift buyers
were fooled, but the recipients were wondering what the hell this as all
about.

A sequel is probably on the way ready just in time for next christmas for
those that laugh along at the emperors funny clothes. Please...don't waste
your money buying this as a gift. If you actually enjoy Flanimals, spend
your money as you wish but lets not indulge Mr Gervais in his social
experiment to see how far he can exploit his name any further.

bostonbill41

Feb 26, 2005, 1:41:11 PM2/26/05
>*RACHAEL RAY*
She was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll start watching the Food Network.<

She was cute but almost a little too giddy, she had some good stories
though.

All in all, a good Friday show.

*MISCELLANEOUS MEANDERING*
>I've got an exciting Saturday ahead of me. I plan on replacing some
light bulbs and going to the supermarket. Very, very exciting ...<

I need to vacuum. With all the sand on the streets and sidewalks around
here my place is starting to feel like Revere Beach.

I bought Taters.

Bill

N.E.Ohio Bob

Feb 26, 2005, 3:17:38 PM2/26/05
Brady wrote:

> *RACHAEL RAY*
> She was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll start watching the Food Network.

Wife and I watch "Wachell Way" during dinner every night. Keeps us from
watching the NEWS. We have found that we don't get as upset that way.
ole bob

Brad Hill

Feb 26, 2005, 4:22:47 PM2/26/05
Tom Costello wrote:

>>*RICKY GERVAIS*

> I enjoyed his reaction to his 4 out of 5 star Amazon.com customer review
> rating. Brad, do you read the Amazon readers' comments? Just curious. If you
> do browse the reviews, I didn't mean it - I was just having a bad day with
> the Google.

I've seen only the first of Gervais's panels, and I'm looking forward to
his discourse on his Amazon stars. Yes, every author pays attention to
Amazon reviews and to the sales rank. Reviews can be harvested for
quotes, and the sales rank *sometimes* provides an indication of how the
book is doing generally. It's easy to forget that Amazon is just one
store, and some books sell better online than offline, or the reverse.
When something causes a sales rank to spike downward (which is good),
every author I know gets excited. My piano-playing book was once
spotlighted by Amazon on some page fairly near the top, and the sales
rank dove into the low hundreds. I was cancelling appointments to stay
home and watch it. I saw it as low as 310; anything below 10,000 is a
product that's moving decently.

I have successfully campaigned to have reviews removed from my Amazon
pages when they were clearly inauthentic. Somebody who wrote a competing
Google book placed one-star reviews on all the other Google books, and
it was obvious they were from the same person (who wasn't guileful
enough to shield his location) and that he hadn't read any of the
competing books. He was just slamming them and attempting to drag down
their star ratings. I got the reviews removed, and when he put them back
up, I got Amazon to smack him in the head. But I take my lumps with bad
reviews if they are genuine.

It's not just authors who are fixated on Amazon. Editors and publishers
care very much about what appears on a book's page. I know some editors
who send free copies to influential people in the book's field, with the
stipulation that they contribute an Amazon review. Other editors have
asked me to get friends to write reviews, but this I refuse to do.

Brad
www.bradhill.com

Donz5

Feb 26, 2005, 4:32:48 PM2/26/05
Brad "Hunter B." Hill wrote:

>Other editors have
>asked me to get friends to write reviews, but this I refuse to do.

Probably a good idea, if the support you get in here is any indication.
There'd be the sibling rivalry, the pent-up rages from ex-wives #1 and
2, Alan's one-liners, and ABs arguing about proportional fonts.

dsi...@yahoo.com

Feb 26, 2005, 4:43:33 PM2/26/05

Brad Hill wrote:
> I've seen only the first of Gervais's panels, and I'm looking forward
> his discourse on his Amazon stars. Yes, every author pays attention
> Amazon reviews and to the sales rank. Reviews can be harvested for
> quotes,

Not to be snarky, but are those quotes of any value? I mean, do you
get stuff from leigt authors, or would someone not as scrupulous as
yourself try to pull something like "'The best book on the subject' --
Amazon.com?"

--Dave Sikula

Brad Hill

Feb 26, 2005, 5:20:57 PM2/26/05
dsi...@yahoo.com wrote:

Amazon quotes are valuable to me because I don't manufacture them, and
because I use them fairly casually on my Web site. I would never use one
as a cover blurb of a second edition, for example. Some readers point
out qualities of a book (such as its humor) that I'd like to promote,
but cannot mention myself. Those quotes are great, both at Amazon and at
my site. Especially at Amazon, which is a powerful purveyor of consumer
opinion.

Brad
www.bradhill.com

Tom Costello

Feb 26, 2005, 6:00:15 PM2/26/05
Brad Hill wrote:
> Tom Costello wrote:

> Other editors have asked me to get friends to write reviews, but this I
> refuse to do.

If you use these quotes, please attribute them to Scott Lemolo:

"Brad's first book, 'Pong for Dummies,' set the standard!"

"Without searching Google I would never have found this book about searching
Google!"

"Brad's do-it-yourself music book, 'Put the Roses on the Piano and Tulips on
the Organ,' is hilarious!"

"'Internet Searching for Dummies' tells the true story of his courtship of
Julia Louis-Dreyfus!"

"Brad's 'Usenet for Obsessed Insomniac Shut-Ins' sounds strangely
autobiographical!"

--
Tom2; I think we're all happy I go back to work next week.

Helen Read

Feb 26, 2005, 6:25:43 PM2/26/05
Tom Costello wrote:

>>- TTL: Revelations in the Secret Bush Tapes
>
> I heard crickets, especially for #1. Wasn't that just weird?

Dave did nothing to sell the list. He rushed through it so fast I had
trouble paying attention to it.

--
HPR

http://homepages.together.net/~hpr/daveorama/

Traci

Feb 26, 2005, 8:45:51 PM2/26/05
Brady says...

> *DESK CHAT HIGHLIGHTS*
> Rachael Ray is here tonight. She has three shows on the Food Network. One of the
> shows features Rachael traveling all over the world attempting to eat on
> $40/day. Does Paul think that can be done? No. Dave says it *can* be done. He
> says that he could certainly eat on $40/day. Paul says it depends on where you
> eat. Dave says it doesn't matter. He could easily do it; he could eat on
> $20/day. Paul says not if you go to Daniel Boulud. Dave says he wouldn't go
> there! But the point is: the woman dines out all the time yet she looks great;
> she's slender. You'd think she'd be a balloon, but she's not. So Dave's first
> question for her is: how can she eat all that food yet still look so great? Paul
> knows: she only spends $40/day! Dave says it doesn't make any sense.

$40/day...pffft! I can do that easily even in NYC. Hell, for $40 I can
get at least 10 orders of soup dumplings from Goody's down in Chinatown.
No problem eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I could live off
those bad boys.

> Also, no matter what time of day or night you tune in to the Food Network,
> Emeril Lagasse is always on the air. What's the deal with Emeril, and when is he
> going away? Dave says the thing he likes about Emeril: you'll see him making,
> say, pudding, and he'll have two huge handfuls of garlic. And everybody cheers
> when he adds like a million pieces of garlic! Dave says that's great, but if
> Emeril were to feed it to the crowd, everyone would complain. Yet the crowd
> cheers him when he ruins a dish like that!

Just got through watching Iron Chef, my favorite Food Channel show, and
Emeril came on right after. He was proceeding to fry everything in the
kitchen, starting with avocado slices. I was game until he poured
buttermilk and hot sauce over the perfectly fine avocado slices and then
breaded them with cornmeal and cayenne pepper. I turned it off at that
point.

> Professional LEGO artist Nathan Sawaya is here tonight. All night long, he'll be
> working on a mosaic of Biff, made entirely of LEGOs. At the end of the show, we
> see the finished product. That was actually mighty impressive.

While I was hoping for a 3-D rendition, the mosaic was stunning. I never
quite got to that level when I was a kid. I'd make these bizarre sci-fi
influenced constructions, each of which had specific functions and full
backstory, that made my mother wonder if I needed therapy.

> *WEEK IN REVIEW*

Was it just me or was this particular Week in Review particularly good?
I enjoyed the hell out of it, especially the Flashdancers/Gates bit.

> *WILL IT FLOAT?*

> Tonight's item: a banjo.

Easy, of course it sank. I win again!!

<does shot of tequila>

> *RICKY GERVAIS*
> He's a good, solid, funny guest. His new book is "Flanimals," a children's book
> from Putnam Juvenile.

I do so love the dry, subversive British humor. When Dave asked him what
the book was about, well specifically the flanimals in the book, Gervais
reply of "it's just like the Gates" was a brilliant call back. Love to
see a guest that pays attention and plays along. Bring him back more
often. In fact I could watch a week with just him and Bonnie Hunt as the
guest every night.

> *RACHAEL RAY*
> She was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll start watching the Food Network.

Eh, she got on my nerves. Too damn perky. Not fond of the $40/day
series, but the 30 minute meals is pretty good. I need to pick up that
book.

> *OTHER STUFF*
> - TTL: Revelations in the Secret Bush Tapes

Wow. Tumbleweeds rolled through the studio on that one. The audience
musta taken a snack break. There wasn't even much of the usual
gratuitous applause. Didn't help that Dave refused to sell it one bit.

> *MISCELLANEOUS MEANDERING*
> I've got an exciting Saturday ahead of me. I plan on replacing some light bulbs
> and going to the supermarket. Very, very exciting ... Have a good Saturday,
> people.

Hmmmmm.....more exciting than my weekend of cleaning pesticide
application demonstration equipment.

Oh, and I started a bunch of seeds for the garden. That's fun.

Traci - ready for spring

AFL 2004 Lifetime Achievement Award recipient

"I have no wish for a second husband. I had enough of the first.
I like to have my own way--to lie down mistress, and get up master."

--Susanna Moodie

Carl

Feb 26, 2005, 9:46:05 PM2/26/05
Mrs. Brady sez:

>Was it just me or was this particular Week in Review particularly good?
>I enjoyed the hell out of it, especially the Flashdancers/Gates bit.

Yeah, I was really looking forward to a still shot of that one. :(

Carl

Mrs. Conclusion: "Hullo, Mrs. Premise."
Mrs. Premise: "Hullo, Mrs. Conclusion."
C: "Busy Day?"
P: "Busy!?! I just spent four hours burying the cat."
C: "Four hours to bury a cat???"
P: "Yes - it wouldn't keep still."

Bob/Nekk

Feb 27, 2005, 12:07:29 AM2/27/05
Tom,
If you enjoyed that, you should google some of Brad's funny moments
here at AFL, back a few years ago, where he would take a magazine cover
or newspaper front page (I can't remember which now, rats), and just
make great one-liners of headlines, I enjoyed these a lot, kind of miss
them latey too. My problem is I got to watch myself, I sometimes go a
bit too far. Brad does classic work, and Alan Page too, got to give
him some credit as well. Classic stuff.

Tom Costello wrote: Feb 26, 3:00 pm

Newsgroups: alt.fan.letterman
From: "Tom Costello"

Bob/Nekk

Feb 27, 2005, 12:25:42 AM2/27/05
Traci wrote:

>Brady wrote: > *DESK CHAT HIGHLIGHTS*

Yeah, I hear ya.
Today, I went out to my favorite fast food place, bought some hot
dogs with the works including the bacon bits (you got to ask for them
or you don't get them). Well, my nephew who I babysitting for tonight
enjoys me just unscrewing the hot dog from the roll, leaving the guts
in there. I give him the hot dog. I personally enjoy "the works" part
(the relish, kraut, bacon bits, etc) of it, while I'll usually throw
the dog the rest of it, the roll, leaving some stuff in it.
Well, we was getting to around 5 hot dogs today, satisfying the
nephew, the dog, and myself, until the dog started to throw up. It was
then that I decided to hold off on the 6th hot dog, thinking my sister
and my brother in law are going to kill me.
Other than that, and chatting with my ex today (oh yeah, by the
way, I'm going to be a grandpa again, my son's number 2 kid, but this
is too early to tell you, so shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone yet) things
were slow.

bostonbill41

Feb 27, 2005, 12:24:38 AM2/27/05
Carl Reiner wrote:

>Yeah, I was really looking forward to a still shot of that one. :(<

Oh sure, just kick me when I'm down.

Cap'n

Other then that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Brady

Feb 27, 2005, 8:36:38 AM2/27/05
Traci wrote:

> Brady says...

>>*MISCELLANEOUS MEANDERING*
>>I've got an exciting Saturday ahead of me. I plan on replacing some light bulbs
>>and going to the supermarket. Very, very exciting ... Have a good Saturday,
>>people.
>

> Hmmmmm.....more exciting than my weekend of cleaning pesticide
> application demonstration equipment.

Do you have to wear any type of protection to do that sort of thing? Safety
goggles, gloves ... ?

Brady

Michelle

Feb 27, 2005, 10:17:24 AM2/27/05
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:45:51 -0500, Traci <hoosie...@wahoo.com>
wrote:

>> Also, no matter what time of day or night you tune in to the Food Network,
>> Emeril Lagasse is always on the air. What's the deal with Emeril, and when is he
>> going away? Dave says the thing he likes about Emeril: you'll see him making,
>> say, pudding, and he'll have two huge handfuls of garlic. And everybody cheers
>> when he adds like a million pieces of garlic! Dave says that's great, but if
>> Emeril were to feed it to the crowd, everyone would complain. Yet the crowd
>> cheers him when he ruins a dish like that!

Emeril bugs me, for some reason. And Dave's right: he seems to be on
the Food Network 24/7.

>> Professional LEGO artist Nathan Sawaya is here tonight. All night long, he'll be
>> working on a mosaic of Biff, made entirely of LEGOs. At the end of the show, we
>> see the finished product. That was actually mighty impressive.
>
>While I was hoping for a 3-D rendition, the mosaic was stunning. I never
>quite got to that level when I was a kid. I'd make these bizarre sci-fi
>influenced constructions, each of which had specific functions and full
>backstory, that made my mother wonder if I needed therapy.

Why do you think he made the mosiac upside down? (From his
perspective, I mean) It made it easy for us, the home viewers, to see
what he was doing, but it seems like it would be extry challenging for
him to render the image.

>> *RICKY GERVAIS*
>> He's a good, solid, funny guest. His new book is "Flanimals," a children's book
>> from Putnam Juvenile.
>
>I do so love the dry, subversive British humor. When Dave asked him what
>the book was about, well specifically the flanimals in the book, Gervais
>reply of "it's just like the Gates" was a brilliant call back. Love to
>see a guest that pays attention and plays along. Bring him back more
>often. In fact I could watch a week with just him and Bonnie Hunt as the
>guest every night.

I laughed a lot at Ricky; I laughed even more at Dave laughing at
Ricky. I love it when Dave is giddy! Ricky is the best kind of guest,
he doesn't take himself too seriously, unlike John Travolta. I was
revolted by Travolta's constant name-dropping. ("I celebrated my
birthday with Oprah and Stephen Spielberg...Jimmy Cagney was a dear
friend of mine...")

>> *RACHAEL RAY*
>> She was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll start watching the Food Network.
>
>Eh, she got on my nerves. Too damn perky. Not fond of the $40/day
>series, but the 30 minute meals is pretty good. I need to pick up that
>book.

I watch her 30 minute meal show occaisonally, but her perkiness
sometimes makes me want to give her a good smack. She did an
acceptable job as a guest, however.

Michelle

Traci

Feb 27, 2005, 9:13:46 AM2/27/05
Brady says...

The entire training is about how to properly wear the PPE (Personal
Protective Equipment). We don't have the folks spray real chemicals,
just blanks that act in the mix and application like their real
counterparts. It's all about the safety.

Traci

Michelle

Feb 27, 2005, 10:02:11 AM2/27/05
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:25:43 GMT, Helen Read <h...@together.net> wrote:

>Tom Costello wrote:
>>
>>>- TTL: Revelations in the Secret Bush Tapes
>>
>> I heard crickets, especially for #1. Wasn't that just weird?
>
>Dave did nothing to sell the list. He rushed through it so fast I had
>trouble paying attention to it.

I agree, that was disappointing, because it was a pretty funny list.
Did Daddy need a bathroom break?

Michelle

LC

Feb 27, 2005, 12:38:33 PM2/27/05

"N.E.Ohio Bob" <rgst...@neo.rr.com> wrote in message

> Wife and I watch "Wachell Way" during dinner every night. Keeps us from
> watching the NEWS. We have found that we don't get as upset that way. ole
> bob

We've taken to that, also. We avoid the news with FN or HGTV.

Laurie

bostonbill41

Feb 27, 2005, 5:58:22 PM2/27/05
>Yeah, I was really looking forward to a still shot of that one. :(<

This one sort of "drifted" in.

http://community.webtv.net/bostonbill41/FridayStillShot225

CyberGolem

Feb 27, 2005, 6:11:15 PM2/27/05

"LC" <lco...@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message

> We've taken to that, also. We avoid the news with FN or HGTV.
>
> Laurie

I wonder if this helps explain the red states.

LC

Feb 27, 2005, 6:38:17 PM2/27/05

"CyberGolem" <cybergole...@aol.com> wrote in message
Hmmmm...we're blue, in a blue state.

Laurie

Brady

Feb 27, 2005, 7:59:11 PM2/27/05
CyberGolem wrote:

America is actually purple.

Brady

Maybe

Feb 27, 2005, 9:17:31 PM2/27/05
Brady wrote:

>>Also, no matter what time of day or night you tune in to the Food
Network,
Emeril Lagasse is always on the air. What's the deal with Emeril, and
when is he
going away? Dave says the thing he likes about Emeril: you'll see him
making,
say, pudding, and he'll have two huge handfuls of garlic. And everybody
cheers
when he adds like a million pieces of garlic! Dave says that's great,
but if
Emeril were to feed it to the crowd, everyone would complain. Yet the
crowd
cheers him when he ruins a dish like that! >>

Dave is totally right about Emeril. He's on the Food Network all the
time and I used to watch him a lot. Then there was the day he was
plugging big old pieces of garlic in a slab of meat and said, "The more
garlic the better." And, "Don't worry if people say they have an
allergy to garlic, the more the better."

Considering I'm highly allergic to garlic and get horribly sick, that
kind of turned me off to Emeril. I mean it is bad enough when the
regular public tell you, "Oh, it's just a little garlic." (And what,
I'll get a little sick?") but when a professional chef says to ignore
someone's garlic allergy, that's pretty bad!

But I do watch and like the Eat on $40 a day show and 30 minute meals
and was glad to see Rachael Ray on the show. When there is nothing on
the other 250 million cable channels I have, I can always turn it to
the Food Network and be entertained for hours.

Maybe...and I haven't even seen her third show yet!

Maybe

Feb 27, 2005, 9:17:38 PM2/27/05
Brady wrote:

>>Also, no matter what time of day or night you tune in to the Food
Network,
Emeril Lagasse is always on the air. What's the deal with Emeril, and
when is he
going away? Dave says the thing he likes about Emeril: you'll see him
making,
say, pudding, and he'll have two huge handfuls of garlic. And everybody
cheers
when he adds like a million pieces of garlic! Dave says that's great,
but if
Emeril were to feed it to the crowd, everyone would complain. Yet the
crowd
cheers him when he ruins a dish like that! >>

Dave is totally right about Emeril. He's on the Food Network all the

Keith Rose

Mar 1, 2005, 11:47:47 AM3/1/05
On 2005-02-27, Traci <hoosie...@wahoo.com> wrote:

> It's all about the safety.

I used to scoff at all those safety precautions you read on labels of
chemicals. Cleaners that suggested wearing gloves -- those never
bothered me.

Then one day I burnt the bejezus out of my arm with creosote from driveway
sealant.

So now when I tackle a task that requires interaction with caustic chemicals
I take the utimate precaution. I make Rhonda do it.

--
Keith Rose (Remove all "x" characters from my email address for replies.)