OT: Conan knocked out during taping of TS

Maybe

Sep 25, 2009, 11:42:58 PM9/25/09
From E!News:

<This is why it's good to have a second in command.

Andy Richter had to step in as host of The Tonight Show Friday after
Conan O'Brien fell during a skit being taped for Friday's episode and
was taken by ambulance to the hospital, sources confirm to E! News.

Our insider says O'Brien was running down a flight of stairs when he
slipped and banged his head, possibly sustaining a concussion.

NBC will likely air a repeat instead of the show that was halted by
O'Brien's accident. Teri Hatcher and Seth MacFarlane were tonight's
scheduled guests. (The network has not yet returned a request for
comment.)

We hope one of our favorite funnymen gets well soon! >

Maybe...

kat...@earthlink.net

Sep 26, 2009, 1:07:13 AM9/26/09
Conan O'Brien Injured During Taping of Show

Conan O'Brien was injured while filming a skit for his show this
afternoon and was unable to continue taping, this according to a rep
from NBC.

Here's the statement from NBC, which includes a quote from Conan:

"Tonight, NBC will broadcast a repeat of 'The Tonight Show with Conan
O'Brien.' Conan hit his head doing a stunt and the show was not
finished.

Conan O'Brien added, "Last thing I remember I was enjoying the play
with Mrs. Lincoln, and the next thing I knew I was in bed being served
cookies and juice."

[kf: To say that Conan is a Lincoln buff is an understatement. He
identifies with him quite a bit.]

Conan Cracked Jokes During Ambulance Ride

The show must go on ... sources tell TMZ after Conan O'Brien banged
his head while taping "The Tonight Show" this afternoon, he never
stopped cracking jokes ... not even when he was being transported to
the hospital.

Conan's injury occurred while he was filming a skit for tonight's
show, our sources say he was transported by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai
Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Since Conan was unable to finish taping, NBC told us they're going to
air a repeat.

Incubus

Sep 26, 2009, 6:53:13 AM9/26/09

<kat...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Nice try Jay.

kat...@earthlink.net

Sep 26, 2009, 5:34:50 PM9/26/09
Conan O'Brien OK after hitting head in show stunt

Conan O'Brien was expected to be back on the job Monday after hitting
his head during a "Tonight Show" stunt.

"Conan is resting comfortably at home. He is expected to return to
work on Monday," NBC said in a statement Saturday.

The accident Friday halted production of "Tonight," NBC said. The
network did not say what the stunt entailed.

O'Brien was examined at a hospital Friday and was released, although
the network didn't say when.

A "Tonight" rerun with guest Jeremy Piven aired Friday. According to
NBC's Web site, the scheduled show was supposed to include actress
Teri Hatcher and Seth McFarlane ("Family Guy,""The Cleveland Show").
Actress Drew Barrymore and jockey Joe Talamo were the scheduled guests
for Monday.

Conan O'Brien Injured After Tonight Show Stunt

Conan O'Brien found out the hard way that physical comedy is harder
than it looks.

The Tonight Show host, 46, reportedly suffered a concussion after
hitting his head while filming a stunt for the show on Friday with
Desperate Housewives actress Teri Hatcher.

The bit involving Hatcher, whose episode was canceled and replaced
with a rerun, poked fun at her recent participation in a triathlon.

"We did this bit and at the very end, when we ran in to cross the
finish line, he slipped as he was crossing the finish line and hit his
head," Hatcher tells Entertainment Tonight of O'Brien's accident.

"He didn't get off floor right a way, but then he [seemed] like he
recovered and [pulled] it together, and they did an instant replay,
and you could really see his head hit the floor," the actress said.
"He did go to hospital and he does have a concussion."

Tom Wolper

Sep 26, 2009, 6:37:22 PM9/26/09
A stupid reporter wrote:

> Conan O'Brien found out the hard way that physical comedy is harder
> than it looks.

Who knew that after 17 years on his own TV show, Conan had no idea about
physical comedy?

Gary

Sep 26, 2009, 9:24:58 PM9/26/09
On Sep 26, 6:07 am, "kath...@earthlink.net" <kath...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> Here's the statement from NBC, which includes a quote from Conan:
>
> "Tonight, NBC will broadcast a repeat of 'The Tonight Show with Conan
> O'Brien.' Conan hit his head doing a stunt and the show was not
> finished.

Did Conan actually injure himself during the taping of the live show,
or during the recording of a bit for the show? It’s not really clear
from the reports.

Gary

Alan Page

Sep 26, 2009, 9:47:18 PM9/26/09

"Gary" wrote...

> Did Conan actually injure himself during the taping of the live show,
> or during the recording of a bit for the show? It�s not really clear
> from the reports.

Taping a bit for the show from the initial reports.

--

Alan

www.best-page.us

www.wfp.org

~WWWWW~
What a Wonderful Web We Weave

Steve Curtis

Sep 26, 2009, 10:51:23 PM9/26/09
"Alan Page" wrote:

>"Gary" wrote...

>>Did Conan actually injure himself
>>during the taping of the live show, or
>>during the recording of a bit for the
>>show? It's not really clear from the
>>reports.

>        Taping a bit for the show from the
>initial reports.

Which means he "bit" off more than he could chew. Somebody should've
given him a "heads-up" about the risk (pun intended).

Wiseguy

Sep 26, 2009, 11:11:26 PM9/26/09
"Incubus" <n...@name.com> wrote in news:1253962393.184267
@nntp0.iseek.com.au:

> <kat...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Jay got the Tonight Show, Dave didn't. Get over it.

Dave Sikula

Sep 27, 2009, 4:32:23 AM9/27/09

Where's Oprah when you need her?

--Dake Sikula

Incubus

Sep 27, 2009, 5:36:30 AM9/27/09

"Wiseguy" <epw...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jay just made a very powerful enemy.

He can't handle the fact that Conan got the Tonight Show, and now, he
looks like more of a dick than he already did.

Conan wont take this lying down.

Liar Liar Pants on Fire Liar Liar

Sep 27, 2009, 2:52:11 PM9/27/09

My LEAST FAVORITE UNFUNNY MEN in comedy. I am surprised it
didnt happen SOONER....Yawl know that he jumps around like an idiot
and makes the faces. And is his VOICE GETTING HIGHER ?

Liar Liar Pants on Fire Liar Liar

Sep 27, 2009, 2:53:32 PM9/27/09

aND one would think that after all of his STUPID JUMPING AROUND
on stage ....well u get the picture

Wiseguy

Sep 28, 2009, 12:19:27 AM9/28/09
"Incubus" <n...@name.com> wrote in news:1254044190.217566
@nntp0.iseek.com.au:

LOL

kat...@earthlink.net

Sep 28, 2009, 11:41:44 PM9/28/09
O'Brien back on 'Tonight,' joking about accident

LOS ANGELES – Conan O'Brien has turned his "Tonight Show" stunt injury
into comedy, showing footage of it as a "cautionary tale" for kids.

"As many of you may know, on this past Friday's show I was doing a
stunt and I hit my head and suffered a slight concussion. And I
promise, if you're a good audience, I'll do it again tonight," O'Brien
said during Monday's taping.

In a transcript released by NBC, he joked that he struck his head so
hard "that for five seconds I actually understood the plot of 'Lost.'"

O'Brien and guest Teri Hatcher were in a footrace when he tumbled,
forcing Friday's show to be halted. He was taken to a hospital for
examination, and a "Tonight" rerun aired instead of the planned
episode.

In his monologue Monday, O'Brien joked that he got so much media
attention from the accident that he's planning a sequel with one of
Hatcher's "Desperate Housewives" co-stars.

"So tune in tomorrow when Eva Longoria pushes me down an elevator
shaft," O'Brien quipped.

Before showing clips from Friday, O'Brien suggested parents "wake up
your children because this is a cautionary tale."

The race between him and Hatcher was to end at the studio with the two
rushing down stairs to the finish line. His memory was fuzzy, O'Brien
said Monday, but he thinks he was trying to slide on a slick floor
when he lost his footing.

"Why don't we show people what happened. Set your VCR to record, and
your friends can all laugh watching this later," he said before the
tape rolled. "'His pumpkin really got pounded' — that's my father
talking."

O'Brien took over as "Tonight" host in June, after Jay Leno's 17 years
on the job. Leno is host of a new daily prime-time comedy show for
NBC.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/ap_en_tv/us_tv_conan_o_brien