Another Proof Article

tamm...@yahoo.com

Dec 25, 2001, 10:07:02 PM12/25/01
Enjoy! ...LJ

LEA PLAYS CATHERINE IN "PROOF" W/, LAURENCE OLIVIER, MICHAEL DE
MESA...

Quezon City, Dec. 25, 2001 (MALAYA) ATLANTIS Productions announces
the cast line-up of the first grand theatrical event for year 2002,
David Auburn's "Proof." To be directed by Bobby Garcia, "Proof" will
run at the GSIS Theater from Jan. 9 to 27, 2002, except Saturdays and
Mondays.

Heading the cast is Laurence Olivier and Tony Award-winning actress
Lea Salonga. After gaining acclaim for her latest musicale outing in
Los Angeles, "The Flower Drum Song," and her much-publicized guesting
in the top-rating "E.R.," Lea is excited to do a straight play. The
last non-musicale play she did was when was she was nine years old.
Lea Salonga plays Catherine in "Proof."

Joining the cast is the award-winning Michael de Mesa. Michael plays
mathematical genius Robert. Having appeared in numerous TV shows and
movies, Michael has decided to concentrate on theater again. His last
stage effort was "Rent," where he played Collins to critical acclaim.

Stage diva Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo is set to awe audiences again with
her theistic talent in 噗roof" as Claire. She has already appeared in
various straight plays and musicales, among them "Miss Saigon" and
"The Lion, The Witch and Wardrobe."

Joel Trinidad is also featured in "Proof" as Hall. He is also a
theater veteran and has appeared in a lot of plays in Manila and in
Singapore.

"Proof" is the current hot-ticket in Broadway and was just awarded a
Tony Award and Pulitzer Prize in the non-musicale category.

Written by Auburn, "Proof" tells the story of Catherine, daughter of
a mathematical genius who is afraid that she might have inherited her
father's dementia. The play also contains very strong language.
Parental advisory is recommended.

"Proof" is sponsored in part by Northwest Airlines, and Sommerset
Millennium Suites. For ticket inquiries, please call Atlantis
Productions at 892-7078.

DJ Jazzy Jett

Dec 26, 2001, 8:38:11 AM12/26/01
tamm...@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<34e48ef0.01122...@posting.google.com>...

> Enjoy! ...LJ
>

> LEA PLAYS CATHERINE IN "PROOF" W/, LAURENCE OLIVIER, MICHAEL DE
> MESA...

I am dumbfounded by the fact that not only is the greatest actor who
ever lived still alive, but apparently also making a living acting in
plays in manila! Wow! :O

OT: Nigel Hawthorn Dies

Dec 26, 2001, 8:58:23 AM12/26/01
Nigel Hawthorn (a very good Brit. actor) has died today.

It is said he has been suffering from cancer for the past 18 months, but it was
an unexpected heart attack in which he died from early this morning on Boxing
Day.

Nigel Hawthorn is best remembered for movies such as "The Madness of King George
III", and TV drama "Yes, Prime Minister!"

Nicky ox

Markie

Dec 26, 2001, 9:06:09 AM12/26/01
This is such a shock... he was a great actor.

--
Truly,
Markie

"Banish plump Jack, and banish all the world..."

"I do. I will."

"OT: Nigel Hawthorn Dies" <nos...@newsranger.com> wrote in message

Nicky

Dec 26, 2001, 9:18:13 AM12/26/01
"This is such a shock... he was a great actor."

He was! I particularly liked "Yes, Prime Minister".

I posted this message all wrong. I put the title in the Author box, I'm must be
still feeling the after affects from yesterday. Sorry!!

Nicky ox

DJ Jazzy Jett

Dec 26, 2001, 12:39:43 PM12/26/01
wasn't he also in that great cinematic masterpiece "Demolition Man",
starring opposite equally talented thespian Sly Stallone?

davidsd...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2017, 10:34:56 PM4/17/17
On Wednesday, December 26, 2001 at 8:38:11 AM UTC-5, DJ Jazzy Jett wrote:
> > Enjoy! ...LJ
> >

> > LEA PLAYS CATHERINE IN "PROOF" W/, LAURENCE OLIVIER, MICHAEL DE
> > MESA...
> >

> I am dumbfounded by the fact that not only is the greatest actor who
> ever lived still alive, but apparently also making a living acting in
> plays in manila! Wow! :O

Mmmm... Sir Laurence Olivier died in 1989.
Lea Salonga WON an Olivier AWARD, prior to her 2001 starring role in PROOF.

Sorry if I am the only one to have failed to catch the joke, but fail I did... and, worse yet, I humliated myself by writing to the production company in Quezon City, asking whether they had a recording of "the Olivier PROOF.." - so!