French Landmark video at DailyMotion

gourous2004

Oct 17, 2006, 1:10:36 AM10/17/06

gourous2004

Oct 17, 2006, 1:39:25 AM10/17/06

Tex

Oct 17, 2006, 1:51:54 AM10/17/06
How's the "deprogramming business doing?
A little slow this time of year? ;-D

"gourous2004" <gouro...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Eldon

Oct 17, 2006, 5:00:35 AM10/17/06
Below is the chronology from the Wikipedia article on the show, which
is being considered for deletion due to complaints by guess who....

Apparently, Landmark claimed the show violated ~their~ copyright as
well as the copyright of France 3. Somehow I doubt that France 3 has
said anything to YouTube and Google. Anyway, I've got more than half of
the BitTorrient, which I'll reseed after it downloads.

BTW, there's also an explanation in the Wiki article that France 3 paid
a "small, symbolic" fine so they wouldn't have to delay airing the
show. Landmark filed a lengthy "right of response" complaint claiming
it was a smear job and protesting that some participants could be
identified by their voices even if their faces were blurred out. Due to
highly restrictive French privacy laws, it's common for the news media
to pay a "symbolic" fine that might range from one to 50 euros, which
settles such cases without recourse.

The complaint is here in French if you want to open it with the Google
translator to get the gist of it:
http://www.landmarkeducation.fr/menu.jsp?top=20447&siteObjectID=21551

I'll just do one interesting paragraph with some numbers supplied by
Landmark.

"The statements made in the program are a deliberated attempt to
destroy the credibility of Landmark Education and the more than 8.500
people who participated in Landmark Forums in France. Contrary to what
the program claims, surveys show that 94% of Landmark Education
customers say that "Landmark Forum made a major and lasting
difference in their lives."

OK, so now we know that Landmark says six percent of French
participants were NOT satisfied. So that makes 510 dissatisfied
customers in France. If the ratio holds true in other countries, it
means that six people out of 100, (or one for every 16.7 participants)
are not satisfied, according to Landmark's own figures. Now what was
that total figure worldwide again?

Anyway, here's the chrolology of suppression from the Wikipedia
article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_Au_Pays_Des_Nouveaux_Gourous
Internet chronology

On September 26, 2006, a notice was posted on the Rick Ross internet
bulletin boards that the videos were available for viewing in six parts
on the YouTube website[16]. A similar notice was placed in the same
location on October 1, 2006, with regard to the location of the full
video for download at the Internet Archive website. However, the video
was removed from both companies' websites' locations on the same day,
October 6, 2006. Going to the YouTube site yields the notice: "This
video has been removed due to terms of use violation[17]." The Internet
Archive site also currently has a notice in place of the previously
hosted video, which reads: "The item is not available due to issues
with the item's content[18]."

At this time, it is currently unknown whether France 3 and Pieces a
Conviction, Landmark Education, or some other entity complained
simultaneously to these two hosting companies to have these videos
removed on the exact same day. However, it is believed that Youtube had
decided the video clips violated terms of use after Art Schreiber,
General Counsel and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Landmark
Education sent the organization a Digital Millenium Copyright Act
notification[citation needed]. It is also believed that Pieces a
Conviction and the France 3 television network have issued no
complaints to date regarding the video's posting on the internet, which
had previously aired to 1.5 million viewers in France. As of October
12, 2006, the video was available for viewing and downloading at Google
Video, under the heading 2003_Inside_Landmark_Forum. As of October 16,
2006, the video had been viewed 649 times on Google Video. The video
had an average rating of 4.5 stars on Google Video, based on 19
ratings. As of October 16, 2006, the Google Video location was
unavailable, and instead reads: "This video is currently not available.
Please try again later." As of October 12, 2006, the video was
available for viewing on Dailymotion, at Videos / Landmarkeducation.

texisahypocrite

Oct 17, 2006, 2:28:35 PM10/17/06
Tex's email address = ritter underscore tex at yahoo dot com
Tex is a member of the yahoo group " landmark underscore forum
underscore grads at yahoogroups dot com "
Tex was a member of EST
here is an example of a Brainwashed Jargon email :

<<This reminds me of what I got out of est. We spend so much time, at
least some of us, trying to set ourselves above the crowd, win the
race, be more clever, smarter, more popular than those around us, so
we will stand out, be noticed, liked, admired, aprreciated. Of course
in doing so we set ourselves apart as different, distinct, and
instead of connecting with others we isolate ourselves. People may
admire what we are able to DO, but our relationships are not enhanced
by this approach.

We used to have a saying around est years ago.
"I used to be different, now I'm the same."
Is that still used?

On the topic of making people wrong, I think much of that is
predicated on miscommunication. Strangely, you would be one of the
last people here that I would think of as a "make wrong" type.

Then again, I think we understand each other.

Cheers,

Tex >>

texisahypocrite

Oct 18, 2006, 2:03:32 AM10/18/06
More gems from tex:

<<I thought the quality of the est Trainers and their ability
to "deliver" the product was one of the strong points of est, now
Landmark. I felt the quality dropped significantly at the Seminar
Leader level and "down." Of course you get what you pay for, and the
Graduate Seminars were cheap.

I'd stay with the professional staff, although to become a Forum
Leader you really have to "drink the Kool Aid."
So they are the "true believers." I just remember that what they did
worked!>>

> Tex's email address = ritter underscore tex at yahoo dot com
> Tex is a member of the yahoo group " landmark underscore forum
> underscore grads at yahoogroups dot com "
> Tex was a member of EST

gourous2004

Oct 19, 2006, 2:57:00 PM10/19/06
Here are some new websites that discuss the French Landmark Video, that
caused Landmark Education to withdraw from all of France:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/landmark/landmark220.html

http://www.cultnews.com/?p=2124

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_Au_Pays_Des_Nouveaux_Gourous
This last one might be gone soon, silly wikipedia...

Eldon

Oct 19, 2006, 4:36:50 PM10/19/06
gourous2004 wrote:
> Here are some new websites that discuss the French Landmark Video, that
> caused Landmark Education to withdraw from all of France:
>
> http://www.rickross.com/reference/landmark/landmark220.html
>
> http://www.cultnews.com/?p=2124
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_Au_Pays_Des_Nouveaux_Gourous
> This last one might be gone soon, silly wikipedia...

Silly landmark for making such a big stink, which will only get them a
bigger black eye than if they'd ignored it. However, I see it's still
viewable at DailyMotion (links in your first post, above).