Only A Dream / Davies does Dylan?

Will Dockery

Jun 14, 2013, 8:19:35 AM6/14/13
Only A Dream / Davies does Dylan?

Just reading about "Only A Dream"... a shame these later Kinks songs are not
more easily available. This critique sure has my interest up:
http://starling.rinet.ru/music/kinks.htm#Phobia

"...'Only A Dream' which sounds as an uninspired parody on Dylan's 'Tangled
Up In Blue' (both lyrically and melodically)."

Davies does Dylan I'd like to hear for myself, and so I did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7gCtkhJJuU

I don't have enough distance from the work of Ray Davies currently,
everything created by him has an intrinsic value for me. Listers comments
are welcomed.

andrew...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2014, 1:32:10 PM10/30/14
I have every recording by Bob Dylan and this year I collected about twelve CDs by Ray Davies/The Kinks. Prior to this, my only Kinks recordings were "Lola vs. Powerman and the Moneygoround" and "Village Green Preservation Society", both purchased on vinyl at Pic-a-Disc records in Nyack, New York in the late 1980s.

Just wanted to write and say hello. I am at this moment listening to "Preservation Act 2" on my bedroom stereo. I'm looking to connect with other Kinks fans !

Best wishes, Andrew Blair Noselli