War, Inc

Ron Fowler

Jul 29, 2009, 3:02:58 AM7/29/09
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I watched John Cusak's
"War, Inc" tonight, and was surprised to hear Ray's "Tourist" early in
the movie. Nice to hear one of Ray's solo tunes. I wish his solo work
got more recognition, but he's over 60 and the only thing people want
from him is remakes of "You Really Got Me", "Days" and "Waterloo
Sunset".

Joanne Corsano

Aug 6, 2009, 9:56:30 AM8/6/09

That's an obscure pick! Thanks for posting about it. I like the song
"The Tourist" -- I think it's a classic observations-of-people Ray
song.

-Joanne

Ron Fowler

Aug 7, 2009, 2:01:58 AM8/7/09
Yeah, I like "The Tourist", too. Something about it sticks in my head
hours after hearing it. Kind of reminds me of "Village Green"
lyrically..."American tourists flock to see the village green and say
goll darn it, isn't it a lovely scene" :)

mike weber

Jun 24, 2011, 3:39:01 PM6/24/11
On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 00:02:58 -0700, lonely...@webtv.net (Ron
Fowler) wrote:

Atlanta-based/nationally-syndicated consumer advice guru Clark Howard
sometimes uses "Low Budget" to intro or end segments of his program...