The Ray Davies duets album

Joanne Corsano

Sep 22, 2010, 9:44:36 PM9/22/10
I just read somewhere that Ray is putting out an album of kovers.
These are kovers of Kinks songs performed as duets by him and other
artists. It's going to be called 'See My Friends.'

I can't be the only Kinks fan who thinks this reads like somebody's
post to the April 1 edition of the KPS digest.

-Joanne

Ron Fowler

Sep 24, 2010, 12:30:48 AM9/24/10
I guess it's the logical followup to the Kinks Khoral Kollection. I
would be more interested if Ray was collaborating on songwriting with
these people. What's next? The Kinks Kountry? Hey, I might enjoy hearing
Merle Haggard's take on Muswell Hillbilly, or Willie Nelson bluesing I
Gotta Move.

Ron Fowler

Oct 9, 2010, 1:56:58 AM10/9/10
I finally saw this fan produced film today, and it was very enjoyable,
funny. Pete Quaife is heard briefly in a phone conversation, but not
seen. Clive Davis and Shel Talmy are interviewed briefly about their
work with the band. Mick Avory and Bob Henrit also offer their
reflections on the band. Dave has the most screen time, and I was
shocked at how time has ravaged that once cute baby face. Been a long
time since I've seen him on screen. He spoke from the heart, but it's
clear there will never be a reunion as long as Ray keeps on being Ray.
Ray is seen performing at a Kinks fan konvention, but refused to
participate in the film (of course). Dave plays Strangers and several
other well known musicians are seen and heard singing Kinks songs. Next
on my list is Mystical Journey.

Joanne Corsano

Oct 11, 2010, 8:31:58 PM10/11/10
On Fri, 8 Oct 2010 22:56:58 -0700, lonely...@webtv.net (Ron Fowler)
wrote:

Thanks for your komments, Ron. Was Geoff Edgers there? When I saw the
film he did a Q&A after.

Ron Fowler

Oct 12, 2010, 3:54:00 AM10/12/10
No Geoff at this screening. Would've been nice to meet him, or better
yet, play a Kinks song with him :)

http://community.webtv.net/lonelysummer/RONFOWLERSLONELY