Casting a Rockford Files remake

cuthulu

Oct 29, 2011, 5:04:06 AM10/29/11
I think Keanu Reeves would be a great Jim Rockford in any TV remake.
Also, instead of a dad, his mom could be a character, played by Joan
Rivers. His lawyer/girlfriend could be that chick who played seven of
nine in battles stars galacticon. Angel could be that Zach guy who was
in that movie with Iron Man guy. Also, Herman Cain could guest star as
a recurring villain made of steak, or perhaps just beef.

madge

Oct 29, 2011, 8:46:00 AM10/29/11
Who are you going to get to play the DISBELIEVING PUBLIC.

--
My Kindle/Mobile links page Kindle http://goo.gl/ySe0d
Mobile http://KindLink.tk/

cuthulu

Oct 29, 2011, 6:20:08 PM10/29/11
On Oct 29, 7:46 am, madge <deletethisbit.itsreallyh...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Who are you going to get to play the DISBELIEVING PUBLIC.

We're all SOAKING in it!

Matthew L Martin

Oct 29, 2011, 8:54:09 PM10/29/11
On 10/29/2011 8:46 AM, madge wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:04:06 +0100, cuthulu <dr.go...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think Keanu Reeves would be a great Jim Rockford in any TV remake.
>> Also, instead of a dad, his mom could be a character, played by Joan
>> Rivers. His lawyer/girlfriend could be that chick who played seven of
>> nine in battles stars galacticon. Angel could be that Zach guy who was
>> in that movie with Iron Man guy. Also, Herman Cain could guest star as
>> a recurring villain made of steak, or perhaps just beef.
>
> Who are you going to get to play the DISBELIEVING PUBLIC.

Having seen parts of some original episodes recently, I can only say:
Why bother?

Matthew

--

"Do the arithmetic or be doomed to talk nonsense." -- John McCarthy

AlbertClarkson

Oct 30, 2011, 9:43:19 PM10/30/11
On Oct 29, 5:54 pm, Matthew L Martin <mlmar...@teranew.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/2011 8:46 AM, madge wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:04:06 +0100, cuthulu <dr.goode...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I think Keanu Reeves would be a great Jim Rockford in any TV remake.
> >> Also, instead of a dad, his mom could be a character, played by Joan
> >> Rivers. His lawyer/girlfriend could be that chick who played seven of
> >> nine in battles stars galacticon. Angel could be that Zach guy who was
> >> in that movie with Iron Man guy. Also, Herman Cain could guest star as
> >> a recurring villain made of steak, or perhaps just beef.
>
> > Who are you going to get to play the DISBELIEVING PUBLIC.
>
> Having seen parts of some original episodes recently, I can only say:
> Why bother?
>
> Matthew
>
> --
>
> "Do the arithmetic or be doomed to talk nonsense." --  John McCarthy

I don't remember him in any of the Rockford Files eps, but John
McCarthy was especially honest and also, in his own realistically
patient way, kept the AI faith. I went to a celebration of Minsky's
teaching career at MIT some years back, and McCarthy spoke
illuminatingly--he'd gone to Stanford sometime before then and after
his time working with Minsky in the Dartmouth Conference years. Sad
news of McCarthy's passing a few days ago.