Does anyone know

Lflipout

Jan 4, 2004, 10:57:35 PM1/4/04
><Kind of like...if I called Syn a
><bleeding heart liberal.
>
>Although I voted for Gore over Bush in the last election, the
>"bleeding heart" part would piss me off.
>
>Syn

I wish I could be a bleeding heart but I'm too damn angry.

Ardith

Monsieur Roch Moise Theriault

Jan 5, 2004, 5:39:16 AM1/5/04

< I wish I could be a bleeding heart but I'm too
< damn angry.
<
<Ardith

> But you haven't read or retained enough and
> you don't know enough to be genuinely
> angered by anything political. And I haven't
> seen any evidence of the type of devotion to
> the plight of the poor, underprivileged or
> discriminated against that one would expect
> from someone claiming to be genuinely
> angered by socio-political matters. Maybe
> you're really angry at something else and are
> displacing that anger onto political issues. Or
> maybe it's just an image thing.

> Syn

You and Ardith bat for the same team, stick-shifter?

--
"Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see
through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is

~Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 9:01:47 AM1/5/04

<syna...@softhome.netnospam> wrote in message
: On 05 Jan 2004 03:57:35 GMT, lfli...@aol.com (Lflipout) wrote:
:
: <><Kind of like...if I called Syn a
:
: But you haven't read or retained enough and you don't know enough to

: be genuinely angered by anything political. And I haven't seen any
: evidence of the type of devotion to the plight of the poor,
: underprivileged or discriminated against that one would expect from
: someone claiming to be genuinely angered by socio-political matters.
: Maybe you're really angry at something else and are displacing that
: anger onto political issues. Or maybe it's just an image thing.
:
: Syn

I just ordered a couple of items from http://www.seeyageorge.com,
a bumpersticker that says "Re-Defeat Bush" and a t-shirt with the
message: "Democrats Are Sexy (Who Ever Heard of a Great Piece
of Elephant)".

As far as I can determine, I am a bleeding heart liberal. Personally
I think that's way preferable over a concrete-head conservative, if
given a choice between the two.

--
*Carol* ... Please visit my website http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
~ Home of Happy Liederhosen's Hollywood, The Codfather's Punny

Jaimeson where were you last night

Jan 5, 2004, 8:58:51 AM1/5/04
>"Democrats Are Sexy (Who Ever Heard of a Great Piece
>of Elephant)".

GREAT t-shirt. Maybe the GOP will counter with "It's not the size of the
trunk..."

>As far as I can determine, I am a bleeding heart liberal.

I think I'm a bleeding libertarian. We stay angry at almost everything, but
only take it out on ourselves.

JS

John Iwaniszek

Jan 5, 2004, 9:03:06 AM1/5/04
Rainy wrote:

I think it is delightful how wingers are always offering liberals helpful
advice on how they could be even better liberals. And even morfe
charming when they get all confused when liberals don't conform to the
caricature that 'wingers think defines liberalness.

I think we should start giving similar advice to wingers! Like how they
could use different racial epithets to better advantage at polling places
to suppress minority votes, or how they should start crocheting "Liberals
are Traitors" on all the bandages and blankets that they send to the
troops. That would be reall helpful of us liberals and show the world
how much better we are than stupid, cement-headed 'wingers.

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 9:03:52 AM1/5/04
>But you haven't read or retained enough and you don't know enough to
>be genuinely angered by anything political. And I haven't seen any
>evidence of the type of devotion to the plight of the poor,
>underprivileged or discriminated against that one would expect from
>someone claiming to be genuinely angered by socio-political matters.
>Maybe you're really angry at something else and are displacing that
>anger onto political issues. Or maybe it's just an image thing.
>
>Syn

I have been living, reading and careing for the last 2o years. I can see whats
been happening. I've been down here in the trenches. What causes you to be so
unfeeling and unseeing? Maybe you're just too comfortable.

You have made assumptions about me that are all wrong.

Ardith

Alissa

Jan 5, 2004, 10:02:25 AM1/5/04
<bar...@bookpro.com> wrote in message news:btbqmg$iel$1...@news1.radix.net...
> Good thing there are more than two choices in real life.
>
> BW

You got that right. Sheesh.

--
Alissa
"Sometimes, you have a morning hug, an

John Iwaniszek

Jan 5, 2004, 10:10:04 AM1/5/04
wrote:

> On 5 Jan 2004 14:03:06 GMT, John Iwaniszek <n...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> <how they should start crocheting "Liberals
> <are Traitors" on all the bandages and blankets that they send to the
> <troops
>

> LOL!!! I'll bet there are tons of those!!
>
> Syn

Actually, there are probably none. The only people I know who have been
making donations to USO and similar organizations are liberals. Like me.
It would make me very happy if 'wingers were actually "supporting the
troops", but from what I've seen at various war-blogger websites, there
appears to be very little interest in actually humanitarian assistance to
troops. Perhaps they are following Bush's lead in cutting VA benefits,
soldier pay, and stiffing soldiers for air fare for their leaves home.

That web site is www.uso.com. My favorite program is the phone card
donation.

Alissa

Jan 5, 2004, 9:48:03 AM1/5/04
<bar...@bookpro.com> wrote in message news:btbqmg$iel$1...@news1.radix.net...
> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:01:47 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 10:43:54 AM1/5/04

: > wrote:

: > >I just ordered a couple of items from http://www.seeyageorge.com,

: > >a bumpersticker that says "Re-Defeat Bush" and a t-shirt with the
: > >message: "Democrats Are Sexy (Who Ever Heard of a Great Piece
: > >of Elephant)".
: > >
: > >As far as I can determine, I am a bleeding heart liberal. Personally
: > >I think that's way preferable over a concrete-head conservative, if
: > >given a choice between the two.
: >
: > Good thing there are more than two choices in real life.
: >
: > BW

True. I'm nowhere near the bleeding heart liberalism of
Mother Theresa, Jesus Christ or Gandhi.

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 11:04:01 AM1/5/04

: On 5 Jan 2004 15:10:04 GMT, John Iwaniszek <n...@hotmail.com> wrote:
:
: <The only people I know who have been

: <making donations to USO and similar organizations are liberals. Like
: me.
: <It would make me very happy if 'wingers were actually "supporting the
: <troops",
:
: It seems to me that what our troops generally need most is moral
: support. I'm sure you're well aware of the dispiriting effect the
: anti-War movement had on our troops in Viet Nam. And I'm sure you are
: well aware of the psychological need of most soldiers who are in
: mortal danger to at least feel as though they are serving a noble
: cause. I'm not sure what can be done about that by those opposed to a
: particular war, short of abandoning their beliefs, which is not
: something I would advocate. But I guess one could argue that the least
: that can be done by those who not only cannot give the soldiers moral
: support but actually serve to, in some degree, demoralize them is to
: give physical and material support. So keep up the good work.
:
: Syn

Americans who oppose the war on Iraq are supporting US soldiers.
We want them back home, alive and whole. We don't believe the oil
and the Bush family pride are worth all these American lives.

John Iwaniszek

Jan 5, 2004, 11:17:08 AM1/5/04
Rainy wrote:

> <syna...@softhome.netnospam> wrote in message
>> On 5 Jan 2004 15:10:04 GMT, John Iwaniszek <n...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <The only people I know who have been
>> <making donations to USO and similar organizations are liberals. Like
>> me. <It would make me very happy if 'wingers were actually "supporting
>> the <troops",
>>
>> It seems to me that what our troops generally need most is moral
>> support. I'm sure you're well aware of the dispiriting effect the
>> anti-War movement had on our troops in Viet Nam. And I'm sure you are
>> well aware of the psychological need of most soldiers who are in
>> mortal danger to at least feel as though they are serving a noble
>> cause. I'm not sure what can be done about that by those opposed to a
>> particular war, short of abandoning their beliefs, which is not
>> something I would advocate. But I guess one could argue that the least
>> that can be done by those who not only cannot give the soldiers moral
>> support but actually serve to, in some degree, demoralize them is to
>> give physical and material support. So keep up the good work.
>>
>> Syn

So, I guess that instead of treating soldiers like adults and telling
them the truth, they are really more like rescue dogs who have to be
shown a live human every now and then to keep them interested? Who is
being anti-troop now? Nevermind that Bush and the Rs cut VA benefits,
soldier pay, and stiffed the troops on deployment and transport home for
leave.

> Americans who oppose the war on Iraq are supporting US soldiers.
> We want them back home, alive and whole. We don't believe the oil
> and the Bush family pride are worth all these American lives.

According to wingers there never was a good time to oppose the war. The
smear that opposing the war was anti-troop was just more of the same crap
that they tried to throw when objections were raised about Bush's run-up.
It's a smear that, as far as I am concerned, disqualifies the opinion of
the person making it from further serious consideration.

The fact that they would try to counter anti-war arguments by resorting
to ad homninems shows how weak their pro-war aguments were from the
start. The "anti-war = anti-troop" camp uses the smear rather than
addressing the real questions about how Bush manipulated the evidence and
played on and exacerbated American's fears to pursue a war unjustified
within the context of international terrorism and national security.

The irony of the whole thing is that you can't get a singel one of them
to admit to the basic facts that have emerged and that were obvious from
the start this time last year - No WMDs, No Al Qaida links, No threat to
the Continental US. And that Bush and his administration exaggerated and
outright lied about many of these things from day one.

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 11:18:43 AM1/5/04
>While they were clearly kind and generous people, in light of their
>drive to individual and private social action, as opposed to
>government intervention and subsidization, I would have thought of
>these three as political conservatives. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I
>don't think any of them sat around on their fat asses all day long
>doing nothing but whining about the failures of government and
>advocating redistribution of wealth.
>
>Syn

Are you really so ignorant that you don't realize that people are on wellfare
because they are ill either a physical or mental illness or they are
children....you are truely an ignorant person.

It bothers you that a society is suppose to care for the needy....the
Republicans give plenty of welfare to their rich friends in many different ways
but I have a feeling that doesn't bother you.

You are the type of person who likes to trod on the people who are down already
and pamper the rich. What could be lower?

Ardith

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 11:29:21 AM1/5/04

: On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 09:43:54 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>
: wrote:
:
: <True. I'm nowhere near the bleeding heart liberalism of

: <Mother Theresa, Jesus Christ or Gandhi.

:
: While they were clearly kind and generous people, in light of their

: drive to individual and private social action, as opposed to
: government intervention and subsidization, I would have thought of
: these three as political conservatives. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I
: don't think any of them sat around on their fat asses all day long
: doing nothing but whining about the failures of government and
: advocating redistribution of wealth.
:
: Syn

"Individual and private social action" doesn't apply to any of these
persons without considerable stretching. Jesus Christ, for example,
referred to brotherhood as divine law.

Matt 5:42 "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would
borrow of thee turn not thou away."

Matthew 22:35 "Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him
a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great
commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the
Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy
mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is
like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two
commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 11:31:25 AM1/5/04

: On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:04:01 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>
: wrote:
:
: <<syna...@softhome.netnospam> wrote in message
:
: What about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqs murdered by Saddam
: Hussein, Mother Theresa?
:
: Syn

I'm more concerned with the hundreds of US soldiers murdered
by George W. Bush, actually.

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 11:23:56 AM1/5/04
>Actually, there are probably none. The only people I know who have been
>making donations to USO and similar organizations are liberals. Like me.
>It would make me very happy if 'wingers were actually "supporting the
>troops", but from what I've seen at various war-blogger websites, there
>appears to be very little interest in actually humanitarian assistance to
>troops. Perhaps they are following Bush's lead in cutting VA benefits,
>soldier pay, and stiffing soldiers for air fare for their leaves home.
>

>That web site is www.uso.com. My favorite program is the phone card
>donation.

The right wingers I know were all very helpful....they put flags on their cars.

Ardith

John Iwaniszek

Jan 5, 2004, 11:29:15 AM1/5/04
Lflipout wrote:

It's too bad they let them all fall in the ditch.

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:30:30 AM1/5/04
rainy:

> I'm more concerned with the hundreds of US soldiers murdered
by George W. Bush, actually. <

soldiers are killed, not murdered. dying is a possibile hazard of their job,
and they are fully aware of that fact when they enlist.

:) paige

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 11:31:25 AM1/5/04
>It seems to me that what our troops generally need most is moral
>support. I'm sure you're well aware of the dispiriting effect the
>anti-War movement had on our troops in Viet Nam. And I'm sure you are
>well aware of the psychological need of most soldiers

This war is very different than Viet Nam. Fought by men and woman who are in
the reserves. They didn't expect to be called away from their families for
months at a time in a war that is being fought over money and control of oil.

To put our soldiers at risk because of greed, makes me so ashamed of my
country.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:39:07 AM1/5/04
lflipout:

> >It seems to me that what our troops generally need most is moral
>support. I'm sure you're well aware of the dispiriting effect the
>anti-War movement had on our troops in Viet Nam. And I'm sure you are
>well aware of the psychological need of most soldiers

This war is very different than Viet Nam. Fought by men and woman who are in
the reserves. They didn't expect to be called away from their families for
months at a time in a war that is being fought over money and control of oil.<

wtf are you talking about? whole companies have been deployed from fort
carson, not reserve troops. 4,000 from the 3rd brigade alone. 19 deaths.

and yes, anyone who is a member of the reserves expects to become a fully
active soldier during war.

:) paige

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:40:22 AM1/5/04
bw:

> On 05 Jan 2004 16:30:30 GMT, pearlof...@aol.com (PearlOfFortune)
wrote:

Agreed. I do not support this war, but it that kind of rhetoric is
just as bad as Bush's. <

AGREED.

:) paige

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 11:44:26 AM1/5/04
>Maybe, but let's call them inferences based on your own words, rather
>than assumptioins. Virtually everything you say in terms of historical
>or current fact is erroneous. Plus you love to rave, i.e., the idiotic
>comment you made about joining a gun club, as if to imply that you
>feel so strongly about an issue that you're considering shooting
>people over it. Plus, it's always you who injects your politics into
>this apolitical newsgroup, as if your politics serve as a source of
>great pride for you. Of course it's possible you allow yourself to get
>worked up over your own misunderstanding of historical facts, but I
>think it's more likely that it's just an image, and you really don't
>give a shit about the issues.
>
>And tell me about the trenches "down here" that you've been occupying
>for the past 20 years. Are they so muddy that they have to line them
>with tabloid and hollywood gossip sheets to keep them dry?
>
>Syn
>

N>Maybe, but let's call them inferences based on your own words, rather
>than assumptioins. Virtually everything you say in terms of historical
>or current fact is erroneous. Plus you love to rave, i.e., the idiotic
>comment you made about joining a gun club, as if to imply that you
>feel so strongly about an issue that you're considering shooting
>people over it. Plus, it's always you who injects your politics into
>this apolitical newsgroup, as if your politics serve as a source of
>great pride for you. Of course it's possible you allow yourself to get
>worked up over your own misunderstanding of historical facts, but I
>think it's more likely that it's just an image, and you really don't
>give a shit about the issues.
>
>And tell me about the trenches "down here" that you've been occupying
>for the past 20 years. Are they so muddy that they have to line them
>with tabloid and hollywood gossip sheets to keep them dry?
>
>Syn

No, the historical facts I quote are correct. When I have ask people to tell
me specificly which facts I quoted were wrong , no one does. So if you could
please tell me where I'm wrong...

Syn, from what I've seen, anytime someone presents you with facts that don't
agree with your narrow views, you start getting nasty and belittling. You just
want to hang on to your unsupportable political rhetoric.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:50:54 AM1/5/04
lflipout:

> N>Maybe, but let's call them inferences based on your own words, rather
>than assumptioins. Virtually everything you say in terms of historical
>or current fact is erroneous. Plus you love to rave, i.e., the idiotic
>comment you made about joining a gun club, as if to imply that you
>feel so strongly about an issue that you're considering shooting
>people over it. Plus, it's always you who injects your politics into
>this apolitical newsgroup, as if your politics serve as a source of
>great pride for you. Of course it's possible you allow yourself to get
>worked up over your own misunderstanding of historical facts, but I
>think it's more likely that it's just an image, and you really don't
>give a shit about the issues.
>
>And tell me about the trenches "down here" that you've been occupying
>for the past 20 years. Are they so muddy that they have to line them
>with tabloid and hollywood gossip sheets to keep them dry?
>
>Syn

No, the historical facts I quote are correct. When I have ask people to tell
me specificly which facts I quoted were wrong , no one does. So if you could
please tell me where I'm wrong...

Syn, from what I've seen, anytime someone presents you with facts that don't
agree with your narrow views, you start getting nasty and belittling. You just
want to hang on to your unsupportable political rhetoric. <

you mean facts like keanu being ambisexual?

:) paige

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 12:03:03 PM1/5/04

"PearlOfFortune" <pearlof...@aol.com> wrote in message
: rainy:

Maybe they enlisted because they believed in protecting America
from foreign aggression. I would have gladly served my country
under those terms and I believe absolutely I would be willing to
die for America. The war on Iraq is not that kind of war.

Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my

Jan 5, 2004, 11:54:15 AM1/5/04
I have a question.

Does everyone here see politics in terms of black/white, liberal/conservative,
box 'em up and label 'em?

I've never put a label on my politics because I don't believe any one partyline
across the board.

I support this war; I support our troops. I live spitting distance from a base
and I see the pain this war has caused.
I never bought the WMD argument; it was stupid.
I never though Saddam had anything to do with Al Queda or Osama. I still
support the efforts to stop both of them.
I think George I fucked up when he didn't go to Baghdad in the first Gulf War
and take out Saddam then.
I think too many of our rights are being violated in the name of safety. I'd
rather blow up and give up certain freedoms that have been core to this
country.
I hate abortion, but think it should be safe, legal, and rare.
Marijuana should be legal.
I'm a devout Christian, and I despise Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell.
I believe in the power of the multinational to form the foundations of a sound
economy.
I think the state should be involved in social programs, but not to the point
where the bureaucracy chokes on itself. My daughter gets help from the state,
but her program is in danger because of abuses of it by the very people it was
designed to help.

And I think people who resort to name calling should take a really good look in
the mirror.

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 12:18:35 PM1/5/04
rainy:

> "PearlOfFortune" <pearlof...@aol.com> wrote in message
: rainy:
:
: > I'm more concerned with the hundreds of US soldiers murdered
: by George W. Bush, actually. <
:
:
: soldiers are killed, not murdered. dying is a possibile hazard of their
job,
: and they are fully aware of that fact when they enlist.
:
:
: :) paige

Maybe they enlisted because they believed in protecting America
from foreign aggression. I would have gladly served my country
under those terms and I believe absolutely I would be willing to
die for America. The war on Iraq is not that kind of war. <

the problem with that is, when you enlist and agree to die for your country if
it becomes necessary, you can't pick and choose which war to attend. that's
the risk.

:) paige

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 12:21:02 PM1/5/04
seasing:

> I have a question.

i agree 100%. thank you for making the effort to write it all down.

:) paige

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 12:29:50 PM1/5/04
>Agreed. I do not support this war, but it that kind of rhetoric is
>just as bad as Bush's.
>
>BW

He is sending our soldiers out to be killed for some trumped up cause...do you
really believe Bush cares about democracy for the Iraqies? He doesn't even care
about our own democracy. Why don't people rise up in outrage over the lies that
this man has told? Do we as Americans enjoy being lied to? I don't understand.

Ardith

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 12:31:50 PM1/5/04
>Maybe they enlisted because they believed in protecting America
>from foreign aggression. I would have gladly served my country
>under those terms and I believe absolutely I would be willing to
>die for America. The war on Iraq is not that kind of war. <
>

>the problem with that is, when you enlist and agree to die for your country
>if
>it becomes necessary, you can't pick and choose which war to attend. that's
>the risk.
>

>:) paige

Did you even understand what carol said?

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 12:36:24 PM1/5/04
>you mean facts like keanu being ambisexual?
>

>:) paige

Paige, I have always said I don't know the facts...when it comes to Keanu but
because of things I've read I'm able to form opinions. My opinion is, that he
is gay or bisexual.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 12:36:39 PM1/5/04
lflipout:

yes.

:) paige

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 12:38:46 PM1/5/04
lflipout:

you're very amusing, ardith. especially when you chase your tail.

:) paige

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 12:49:35 PM1/5/04
>y daughter gets help from the state,
>but her program is in danger because of abuses of it by the very people it
>was
>designed to help.
>
>And I think people who resort to name calling should take a really good look
>in
>the mirror.

The thing is you don't need to get rid of a program because of problems....you
find the problem and fix it. Bush now wants to cut job trainning programs that
could really help pull people out of poverty.

In my state the only welfare programs are for those with children or serious
health problems...thank goodness at least the children are cared for in some
ways but if you are a child without parents and depend on the
state....nevermind. If you are an adult without children, can't find a job and
run out of unemployment...you are on the street. The only help you might get is
foodstamps.
I'm not sure where Syn thinks all the lazy nogooders are...living off the
government tit. It isn't happening but Rush probably didn't tell him.

Ardith

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 12:54:51 PM1/5/04

Could you explain that statement, Paige? Because like many of your statements,
it makes no sense. Just trying to understand.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 1:01:31 PM1/5/04
lflipout:

first you say you quote facts, then you say you don't know the facts, you just
form opinions based on what you read, so that makes them opinions, not facts,
such as the fact that it's your opinion that keanu is gay or bisexual, an
opinion which has no basis in fact, which makes it an opinion, not a fact,
which are the things you say we should concentrate on, the facts.

:) paige

Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my

Jan 5, 2004, 1:42:38 PM1/5/04
>The thing is you don't need to get rid of a program because of
>problems....you
>find the problem and fix it. Bush now wants to cut job trainning programs
>that
>could really help pull people out of poverty.

If it truly worked. I'm not saying it doesn't, just as I didn't say anything
about cutting programs that have problems. Some problems CAN be fixed...others
are intrinsic to the nature of the beast. As in, not everyone who is poor or
jobless is a saint needing help.

Case in point, my best friend worked as a claims adjuster for SSI disability.
For every kid that needed it and couldn't get it because of glitches and red
tape, there was some jerkwad abusing the system in order to get it. The case
that sticks most in my mind was the man who repeatedly broke his own son's legs
in order to get the state to pay for it.

Yes, he was caught. Yes, he went to prison. But it took three years to resolve
it, and the boy, who was NOT crippled, now is...and has trouble getting help
because of the history of the case.

This kind of thing happened so often that my friend, who took the job as a
bleeding heart liberal with lots of compassion and a desire to help the poor,
finally quit, so disillusioned that she went to the other side of the coin for
a bit - total conservative. Took her awhile to recover her heart.

On the other hand, I would prefer to have my daughter on private insurance, if
I could afford it and if it covered what I needed it to. I can't; it doesn't.
The state insurance does, although it took me four years to get her on the
program. Having her on it allows me to stay at home, keeping her healthier than
if I had to work outside the home. (Her last bout with pneumonia was took 3
weeks of 24/7 care, plus another 3 to get her off the oxygen. Not many bosses
would allow that time off from work two or three times a year.) And there are
several tax laws that support me running a business out of my home so I can
make a steady income.

Socialized help is NOT always good; NOT always bad. To make a blanket statement
in either direction is to hide from the realities of life. Which is why I claim
neither party stance.

Ignore the Troll

Jan 5, 2004, 2:09:01 PM1/5/04
Re: Let's make 'ittle Joey JoJo feel welcome

>From: de...@aol.com (DE781)
>

>>>Why are so many people talking about Madonna in an X-Men group?
>>>

>>It's an AOL "Signature"...
>
>You

[Evasion Noted]

--
http://www.madonnashots.com/dwtbkd19.jpg

"I'm plagued with insecurities...I'm insecure every 5 minutes...I'm insecure
24/7...I'm still fearful and insecure!" ~Madonna

<giggle>

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 2:18:36 PM1/5/04
>first you say you quote facts, then you say you don't know the facts, you
>just
>form opinions based on what you read, so that makes them opinions, not facts,
>such as the fact that it's your opinion that keanu is gay or bisexual, an
>opinion which has no basis in fact, which makes it an opinion, not a fact,
>which are the things you say we should concentrate on, the facts.
>

>:) paige

Paige, talking about Keanu's sexuality is far different than talking about
politics. When it comes to politics, many of the facts are out there for all to
see....if they want to. Keanu's sexuality is hidden. I form opinions by reading
about him. If I knew people who knew him I would interview them.

When you're interested in a subject you study it and then form opinions.
So...as I said before, your statement makes no sense.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 2:32:24 PM1/5/04
lflipout:

> >first you say you quote facts, then you say you don't know the facts, you
>just
>form opinions based on what you read, so that makes them opinions, not facts,
>such as the fact that it's your opinion that keanu is gay or bisexual, an
>opinion which has no basis in fact, which makes it an opinion, not a fact,
>which are the things you say we should concentrate on, the facts.
>

>:) paige

Paige, talking about Keanu's sexuality is far different than talking about
politics. <

nyet. you quote political "facts" that you've learned through the observations
and experiences of other people, not yourself.

> When it comes to politics, many of the facts are out there for all to
see....if they want to. Keanu's sexuality is hidden. <

his sexuality is no more hidden than anyone else's. you could guess anyone in
the world is gay or straight or celibate, whatever, simply by saying they could
be hiding their true sexuality. the only thing this discussion comes down to
is your paranoia that nothing is really as it seems.

> I form opinions by reading
about him. If I knew people who knew him I would interview them. <

and what would they say? would you trust what they said, or think they were
hiding the *real* truth in order to protect him or someone else? that's the
crux of the matter... if you had sex with keanu yourself, would you then
believe he's straight, or tell yourself he could *still* be bisexual? you've
said yourself that you *want* to believe he's bisexual because it would make
him more "interesting". you animate him.

> When you're interested in a subject you study it and then form opinions.
So...as I said before, your statement makes no sense. <

you're supposed to study every clue, gather every known fact and piece of
evidence, then throw out conjecture, hearsay, bias and innuendo. which means,
you don't have a case.

:) paige

Alissa

Jan 5, 2004, 3:12:02 PM1/5/04
"Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my" <sea...@aol.comelately> wrote in message

Very, very well put.
--
Alissa
"Sometimes, you have a morning hug, an
afternoon hug, or you get a goodnight hug,"
~~K. Reeves

Alissa

Jan 5, 2004, 3:15:40 PM1/5/04

"Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my" <sea...@aol.comelately> wrote in message

(snip)

> This kind of thing happened so often that my friend, who took the job as a
> bleeding heart liberal with lots of compassion and a desire to help the
poor,
> finally quit, so disillusioned that she went to the other side of the coin
for
> a bit - total conservative. Took her awhile to recover her heart.

Do you believe that conservatives have no heart, no compassion, no desire to
help the poor?

Alissa

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 3:27:18 PM1/5/04
>Do you believe that conservatives have no heart, no compassion, no desire to
>help the poor?
>
>Alissa

Thats what I've seen in my lifetime. Sorry to butt in....it's always been "more
tax cuts for the rich and less for the children". But Jesus loves you.
Of course the right wing never says "less for the children", that's just how
it works out. They actually say things like "get those lazy bums off welfare"
which makes it so much more palatible.

Ardith

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 3:44:11 PM1/5/04
>if you had sex with keanu yourself, would you then
>believe he's straight, or tell yourself he could *still* be bisexual? you've
>said yourself that you *want* to believe he's bisexual because it would make
>him more "interesting". you animate him.

Yes I do. And so do you.

I've known a gay man who was married and
fathered children when he was young. I've known a gay man who lived with his
lover when he was young and then bowed to family pressure and married when he
was older. I knew a gay man who married and had a child when he came to this
country. When his boyfriend was able to come over he dropped his wife....she
never had a clue.

Gay men are in the closet for many reasons even in 2004. I do respect Keanu
because he doesn't just get married and pretend that he is straight while he
sees the people he really loves. Of course I don't KNOW that he is gay. Someone
ask me if I had to bet a million dollars on Keanu's sexuality where would I put
my money....I would bet he is gay. Thats not your opinion but it is mine.

Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my

Jan 5, 2004, 4:03:05 PM1/5/04
>Do you believe that conservatives have no heart, no compassion, no desire to
>help the poor?

Not at all. In fact, some of the strictest conservatives I know, for instance,
volunteer (and help fund) a homeless support shelter here. They believe that
such agencies should be run by private individuals and corporations, not the
government, so they put their words into actions. One of the largest such
agencies that I know of houses over 215 men. Although they receive grants, it's
mostly funded by donations.

My juxtaposition of those two sentences was perhaps misleading. My friend's
heart hardened because of the constant abuse she had to deal with in her cases.
She would have cracked had she not done so. During the time she worked with
SSI, the turnover was tremendous. She became a conservative for other reasons,
including seeing how much garbage the government had imposed on them. She saw
that too much govt. intervention is not always helpful.

Danny wept about a school anthem

Jan 5, 2004, 4:44:46 PM1/5/04
>From: pearlof...@aol.com (PearlOfFortune)
>

> you're supposed to study every clue, gather every known fact and piece
> of evidence, then throw out conjecture, hearsay, bias and innuendo.
> which means, you don't have a case.

Total amateur, what exactly did you mean when you wrote that you went
with the Nikon FM, due to it being more "Filter Friendly" than the other makes?

You were naive enough to fall for a sales pitch?

Pow!

--
"I'm tellin' ya kid! You're more talented than the best of 'em"

~Wyle Coyote i@kqe.q ...Braggin' 'bout The Scott Farkas Juggernaut
[AKA Mama Said Knock You Out!]

[sigh]

Ignore the Troll

Jan 5, 2004, 6:04:47 PM1/5/04
>Re: Let's make 'ittle Joey JoJo feel welcome

>From: joseph...@aol.com (Josephthomann)

>>>You people are tools!
>>
>>What the hell is the point of these?
>
>[evasion noted]

Ignore the Troll

Jan 5, 2004, 6:05:53 PM1/5/04
>Subject: Re: Let's make 'ittle Joey JoJo feel welcome
>

>From: joseph...@aol.com (Josephthomann)

>>> You definitely mentioned something about "Madonna's fans" in another
>>> post I read.
>>
>>Link?
>
>[evasion noted, cocksucker]

Ignore the Troll

Jan 5, 2004, 6:06:49 PM1/5/04
>Subject: Re: Let's make 'ittle Joey JoJo feel welcome
>

>From: joseph...@aol.com (Josephthomann)

>>>Why does someone always write "evasion noted" after the troll's posts?
>>>What's the point?
>>
>>It makes you want to
>
>[evasion noted]

Ignore the Troll

Jan 5, 2004, 6:07:59 PM1/5/04
>Subject: Re: Let's make 'ittle Joey JoJo feel welcome
>

>From: joseph...@aol.com (Josephthomann)
>

>>>Why are so many people talking about Madonna in an X-Men group?
>>
>>They're being.

Liberty

Jan 5, 2004, 6:42:49 PM1/5/04
wrote:

> As far as I can determine, I am a bleeding heart liberal. Personally
> I think that's way preferable over a concrete-head conservative, if
> given a choice between the two.

What about a concrete head liberal? ;)
--
Liberty ...
Liberty :Freedom is first earned

Alissa

Jan 5, 2004, 7:52:58 PM1/5/04
"Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my" <sea...@aol.comelately> wrote in message
I really appreciate your post, and your balanced insight.

Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my

Jan 5, 2004, 8:30:09 PM1/5/04
>I really appreciate your post, and your balanced insight.

Thanks.

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 8:46:32 PM1/5/04

"Liberty" <liberty...@revolutionist.com> wrote in message
: On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 08:01:47 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>

Hmmmmm. Would that be worse than a bloodless-heart
conservative? Choices, choices...

--
*Carol* ... Please visit my website http://www.rainy-day-laughter.com
~ Home of Happy Liederhosen's Hollywood, The Codfather's Punny
Movies, Your Weekly Rainyscope & even more yet . Updated Fridays!
~ ~ ~ If you're ever mugged by a couple of clowns, don't hesitate -- go
for the juggler.

Rainy

Jan 5, 2004, 8:47:35 PM1/5/04

: >I really appreciate your post, and your balanced insight.
:
: Thanks.
:

You know exceptionally nice conservatives. You're fortunate.

Liberty

Jan 5, 2004, 8:58:05 PM1/5/04
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:46:32 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hmmmmm. Would that be worse than a bloodless-heart
> conservative? Choices, choices...

I doubt that such a person could get yo his/her office not to mention get
elected.

Liberty

Jan 5, 2004, 9:12:56 PM1/5/04
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:47:35 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> You know exceptionally nice conservatives. You're fortunate.

They are everywhere. There are even lots of exceptionaly nice liberals.
Ones Politics usually has little to do with the leftness or rightness.
Reagan was concidered exceptionally nice even by his political opponents.
Joe Kennedy is well respected and liked by Republicans who usually oppose
them. In fact most elected politions are at some level very likable. The
get elected because they can people to support them. Personality is more
important than ones political views.

There are exceptions of course. Some politicians are just outright assholes
no matter what side of the political fence they sit on.

Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my

Jan 5, 2004, 9:43:36 PM1/5/04
>You know exceptionally nice conservatives. You're fortunate.

I also know a lot of nice liberals.

I know OF assholes on both sides. I just try to avoid them. Life is to short to
spend it with a lot of toxic people.

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 10:46:03 PM1/5/04
>Reagan was concidered exceptionally nice even by his political opponents.

Even his own son said he had no compassion. He demonized welfare recipients
while he gave tax cuts to the rich...these are facts. He helped weaken labor
unions until workers have virtually no power. He allowed armes for hostages,
then conveniently forgot it. He said he wanted lower deficits but gave us the
biggest deficits we had ever seen. And his administration helped put Saddam
Husain in power. I guess he was a good husband to Nancy.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:04:28 PM1/5/04
lflipout:

> >if you had sex with keanu yourself, would you then
>believe he's straight, or tell yourself he could *still* be bisexual? you've
>said yourself that you *want* to believe he's bisexual because it would make
>him more "interesting". you animate him.

Yes I do. And so do you. <

no. i don't. i attribute to him the attributes he attributes to himself.
without speculation.

> I've known a gay man who was married and
fathered children when he was young. I've known a gay man who lived with his
lover when he was young and then bowed to family pressure and married when he
was older. I knew a gay man who married and had a child when he came to this
country. When his boyfriend was able to come over he dropped his wife....she
never had a clue.<

which has what to do with keanu?

> Gay men are in the closet for many reasons even in 2004. I do respect Keanu
because he doesn't just get married and pretend that he is straight while he
sees the people he really loves. Of course I don't KNOW that he is gay. Someone
ask me if I had to bet a million dollars on Keanu's sexuality where would I put
my money....I would bet he is gay. Thats not your opinion but it is mine. <

i really wish you had a million dollars.

:) paigd

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 11:21:46 PM1/5/04
paige:

>>if you had sex with keanu yourself, would you then
>>believe he's straight, or tell yourself he could *still* be bisexual?

If I did have sex with him once that would not nessecarily mean he was
straight.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:34:32 PM1/5/04
ardith:

> paige:

i've had sex with him 73 1/3 times (we were sooo wasted, it was hilarious).

:) paige

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:45:24 PM1/5/04
bw:

wrote:

>nyet. you quote political "facts" that you've learned through the
observations
>and experiences of other people, not yourself.

What she posts are gross generalizations and simplistic observations
that can't be discussed in any meaningful way. It's not that what
she says is right or wrong; it's that what she says is like saying,
"The sky is blue." She's not wrong if all you want to know is what
crayon to use to make a child's drawing of the sky, but if you're
talking about the real sky and real light and real physics, it's more
complicated than that. But if you try to explain that, she just
complains that you haven't told her what's wrong with saying that the
sky is blue. <

arrgh you're so brilliant!! i just mentally stomp around in my boots going,
"SHE'S SUCH... A BIG ...... DUMMY!!!!"

:) paige

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 11:49:11 PM1/5/04
>i've had sex with him 73 1/3 times (we were sooo wasted, it was hilarious).
>

>:) paige

You were wasted for every fuck or just for the one he couldn't get it up?

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:53:18 PM1/5/04
lflipout:

> >i've had sex with him 73 1/3 times (we were sooo wasted, it was hilarious).
>

>:) paige

You were wasted for every fuck or just for the one he couldn't get it up? <

is this what constitutes an "interview" to you?

:) paige

Lflipout

Jan 5, 2004, 11:56:43 PM1/5/04
Sure, why not? It's a legitimate question.

Ardith

PearlOfFortune

Jan 5, 2004, 11:59:40 PM1/5/04
lflipout:

*getting up*

*walking out*

:) paige

Liberty

Jan 6, 2004, 7:58:38 AM1/6/04
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 01:26:07 -0500, syna...@softhome.netnospam wrote:

> Nothing I've said even suggests this or justifies any such conclusion
> about what I believe. Unfortunately, I think you're too simple minded
> to understand anything more complex than "poor-good... rich-bad...
> help-good ... not help-bad .. give-good ... not give-bad ...
> welfare-good ... no welfare-bad ... liberal-good... conservative-bad
> ..." Now come down off that branch and have a banana.

I've read this news group for a few years, and followed everyones thoughts
on all sorts of things. Whats real odd is that Ardith's views are so
extreme, that she has people who I understand as liberal to liberal
moderate arguing against her.

To be a good debater one needs to understand the other sides position. She
doesn't seem to have a clue about the logic the conservitive might have.
She cant conceive of anyone being conservative leaning yet compassionate.
So she is insulting at the same time. "Everything about Bush is evil.",
"Any thing thats to the right of me is evil." Because she is so polarizing
she will never be effective in getting anyone to lean over to her side, and
any discussion will be arguementetive.

Liberty

Jan 6, 2004, 8:08:20 AM1/6/04
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 02:13:45 -0500, syna...@softhome.netnospam wrote:

> Syn (who voted for Gore)

I think Ardith converted you to a Conservitive. I bet she is hired by Bush
to recruit people to see his side.

Rainy

Jan 6, 2004, 8:44:00 AM1/6/04

: On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:31:25 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>
: wrote:
:
: <<syna...@softhome.netnospam> wrote in message
:
: <: <Americans who oppose the war on Iraq are supporting US soldiers.
: <: <We want them back home, alive and whole. We don't believe the oil
: <: <and the Bush family pride are worth all these American lives.
: <:
: <: What about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqs murdered by Saddam
: <: Hussein, Mother Theresa?
: <:
: <: Syn
:
: <I'm more concerned with the hundreds of US soldiers murdered
: <by George W. Bush, actually.
:
: Some brotherhood of man you're advocating here. Didn't you say
: something about Jesus Christ and the brotherhood of man? Who cares
: about 300,000 dead Iraqis, not to mention countless dead Iranians and
: Kuwaitis at Saddam's hands. After all, we're not our brother's
: keepers, are we?
:
: Syn

No, I said I'm not the bleeding heart liberal Jesus Christ is.

Lflipout

Jan 6, 2004, 8:42:44 AM1/6/04
>So, you think the Viet Nam War had greater moral justification? Or are
>you saying our soldiers have less need of moral support from the home
>front in this war as opposed to Viet Nam?
>
>Syn

They should not be fighting and dying because the White Houses has a personal
agenda.

Ardith

Ignore the Troll

Jan 6, 2004, 8:44:41 AM1/6/04
>Subject: josephthohomo
>

>From: "JMNeves" j.n...@comcast.net

>just to let

Ignore the Troll

Jan 6, 2004, 8:46:31 AM1/6/04
>Subject: Re: josephthohomo
>

>From: "JMNeves" j.n...@comcast.net
>

>And ive

Ignore the Troll

Jan 6, 2004, 8:50:21 AM1/6/04
>Subject: Re: Let's make 'ittle Joey JoJo feel welcome
>
>From: "The Babaloughesian" m...@privacy.net
>

>it's

Ignore the Troll

Jan 6, 2004, 8:54:46 AM1/6/04
>From: Liberty liberty...@revolutionist.com

>Whats

>conservitive

>conservative

>arguementetive.

Wow, you really **are** a fucking idiot...

Lflipout

Jan 6, 2004, 8:57:17 AM1/6/04
>One that comes immediately to mind is when you said that George
>McGovern lost the election in 1972 due to Republican dirty tricks. But
>the problem is that virtually everything you say is either completely
>erroneous or so overly simplified or generalized as to be erroneous or
>misleading. Generalizations to the effect that all Republicans are
>racists. Statements that we went to war for the oil. I can't think of
>the others right now, but if you want I'll point out all the ignorant
>statements as you make them in the future.
>
>Syn

Are you really saying McGovern wasn't defeated because of lies and innuendos
put out by Nixon? I guess you're going to deny that the whole Water Gate
affair even happened?

I know all Republicans arn't racist but many many people are motivated to vote
for Republicans because they themselves are racist and they believe Republicans
share that point of view. That is true. I believe that is a statement founded
in fact.

Remember when I said that there was a problem with Halliburton and their
contracts?

I do have a hard time expressing my opinion in an intelligent mannor but my
statements are founded in truth. I wish I was wrong I wish I was just that
moron, babbling idiot that you think I am because then we wouldn't have brought
a country to it's knee simply because of the greed of a few men.

Ardith

Rainy

Jan 6, 2004, 9:24:07 AM1/6/04

<syna...@softhome.netnospam> wrote in message
<snip>
: Conservatives would contend that liberalism is founded upon a belief
: in the absence of any inherent good in man. They would argue that man,
: if left to his own devices, would NOT take care of society's weak and
: needy. They argue, therefore, that one must tax, make government big
: and then have government take over the role of supporting society's
: needy. Slide left along the political spectrum and you will eventually
: experience greater and greater reliance upon government in all the
: affairs of man, including ownership of the major means of production.
: When government owns the major means of production, there is no reason
: it should even tolerate the existence of a poor class, because it's a
: simple matter to redistribute the wealth and make everyone equal... a
: dictatorship of the proletariat. Not much room here for Jesus Christ,
: Mother Theresa or Mahatma Gandhi.
:
: Syn (who voted for Gore)

It's extremely hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven,
according to Jesus Christ. I would conclude from the gospels that
Jesus did not believe in the inherent good of man to take care of
his brothers - otherwise he would have offered it as a suggestion
rather than a divine law upon which one's eternal salvation would
depend.

The conservatives are trying to enact an amendment to the
Constitution which in effect would ban gay marriages. They
legalize murder in prisons while desperately trying to deny a
woman's right to an abortion. Conservatives are more than
happy to interfere with the lives of all Americans, except when
it comes to taking care of the underprivileged in this country
with their tax dollars - then they suddenly disdain government
interference. That's how I see it.

I believe the popularity of modern Conservatism is at least in
part a backlash against Liberalism of the past, not unlike the experiences
Seasing wrote about a friend of hers. During part
of the time I was living in NYC, the welfare system was a joke.
Practically anyone could walk in to a welfare office and be
given hundreds of dollars, a free apartment, plus allowances
for clothing and furniture as well as food stamps and free,
unlimited medical treatment. Single mothers with 3-4 children
were actually given considerably more money than a working
family with the same number of children. They could afford to
live in better apartments and even send their kids to private
schools. I'll never forget the day I saw several women dressed
to the nines, in furs and diamonds even, step out of taxis and
walk into a welfare office.

The welfare system in New York became an exaggerated parody
of liberalism, like Nazism is an exaggeration of conservatism.

I voted for Gore, too, but I've voted Republican in the past. Like you
(I assume), although I'm a registered Democrat I vote with the issues,
not the party.

Rainy

Lflipout

Jan 6, 2004, 9:30:58 AM1/6/04
>They could afford to
>live in better apartments and even send their kids to private
>schools. I'll never forget the day I saw several women dressed
>to the nines, in furs and diamonds even, step out of taxis and
>walk into a welfare office.

I know carol can't read this and I never lived in New York but if people were
living that well it wasn't on welfare....it was because they were getting money
from somewhere else while they were recieving welfare. There are cheaters but
to assume most recipients don't need it is so far from the truth. There is a
long time myth about welfare mothers....find the children and ask them how well
they were living.

Ardith

Ignore the Troll

Jan 6, 2004, 9:31:47 AM1/6/04

>From: Liberty liberty...@revolutionist.com
>

>lots of exceptionaly

Retard. ;)

Rainy

Jan 6, 2004, 9:46:40 AM1/6/04

: On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 19:47:35 -0600, "Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>

: wrote:
:
: >
: > You know exceptionally nice conservatives. You're fortunate.
:
: They are everywhere. There are even lots of exceptionaly nice liberals.
: Ones Politics usually has little to do with the leftness or rightness.
: Reagan was concidered exceptionally nice even by his political opponents.
: Joe Kennedy is well respected and liked by Republicans who usually oppose
: them. In fact most elected politions are at some level very likable. The
: get elected because they can people to support them. Personality is more
: important than ones political views.
:
: There are exceptions of course. Some politicians are just outright
assholes
: no matter what side of the political fence they sit on.
: --
: Liberty ...
:

My personal theory is that all politicians have to be part
"asshole" - it just goes with the business, like all actors have
to be at least somewhat conceited. But don't you wonder how
any politician can be his own man when, to get where he is,
he must return favors, bow to special interest groups, etc.?

My comment to Seasing about nice conservatives was in
regard to the charitable ones she knows. In my own personal
experience, every bigot I've ever known whose political
preferences were disclosed - every racist, every homophobe,
every anti-choice campaigner, et cetera - has been a
conservative. I'm sure there are nice conservatives, but I've
known a lot who weren't.

Rainy

Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my

Jan 6, 2004, 10:11:29 AM1/6/04
>I voted for Gore, too, but I've voted Republican in the past. Like you
>(I assume), although I'm a registered Democrat I vote with the issues,
>not the party.

Brava.

I would give my eye-teeth to vote Democratic again, if they'd bother to put up
someone who was a leader, who knew wtf they were doing. I liked Dean, until a
few days ago, when he started pandering to people again. I despise that.

I voted for Bush, mostly because I grew up with Gore and his politics, and I'd
rather eat glass than vote for him. But choosing Bush was like rubbing my hands
with sandpaper. I almost didn't vote at all. How the hell did we get to the
point where our only choice is between Harry and Lloyd?

PearlOfFortune

Jan 6, 2004, 10:14:49 AM1/6/04
seasing:

Brava.

lol!

i think liberty may be onto something... ardith's mania urges me to argue for
bush when i really don't want to. it's freakish.

:) paige

Chaos Fractals and Strings oh my

Jan 6, 2004, 10:17:26 AM1/6/04
>There is a
>long time myth about welfare mothers....find the children and ask them how
>well
>they were living.

The problem is that it's not just a myth. Yes, there are LOTS of people who
need welfare, and there are some abusers. But the incidents that Carol
mentioned are well documented as well. It's not an either/or situation. Both
exist in tandem, and even NPR covered the problem that with the cost of child
care, an unskilled woman with three children cannot make enough at a job to get
of welfare.

The enconomics of this are extremely complex, and have been building into a
entangling web of bureaucracy for a couple of generations now. There is NO
simple answer.

PearlOfFortune

Jan 6, 2004, 10:33:53 AM1/6/04
seasing:

of course not. i see women, families, every day on my job who are welfare,
foodstamp and WIC recipients. a huge percentage of them are non-english
speaking. birth control is against their faith.

talk about a sticky situation.

:) paige

Briedbart Index 2000

Jan 6, 2004, 10:38:50 AM1/6/04
Re: The Bases Are Loaded - Hit a GRAND SLAM for Keanu!!!

From: Apourlamour (apour...@aol.com)

>> >From: "Rainy" pleiad...@hotmail.com
>>
>> >Hydra's
>

>>Still too spanked to take your own "ignore" advice?
>
>><LMAWO>
>

>>http://home.comcast.net/%7Erainy-day-laughter/sbeddie.jpg
>
>> Monstrous mess, do you actually think that you're challenging
>> Clara Bow's *IT* factor?
>
>> <chortle>
>

> That two-faced hypocrite, passive-aggressive bitch, slut
> (anyone who would think of getting with her sister's
> husband...and they were not even divorced yet. And who
> is still SORRY she did not go for him, because he has
> *money,* is a slut) Carol never takes her own advice. You
> are so right about her. She can dish it out, but she can't
> take it. I guess she's just too emotionally insecure and
> immature to take the advice she gives everyone else and
> just ignore messages she doesn't like, instead of name
> calling back.

Thanks, Apourlamour, for tellin' it like it is.

Score!!

Briedbart Index 2000

Jan 6, 2004, 10:39:47 AM1/6/04

Briedbart Index 2000

Jan 6, 2004, 10:39:21 AM1/6/04

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:42:28 AM1/6/04
"Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com>

> As far as I can determine,

>>http://www.neyrot.com/lola-corwin-04.gif
>
>>Fact.

What exactly did Lola win?

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:43:17 AM1/6/04
jaimes...@aol.comecloser

> JS

> >http://www.neyrot.com/lola-corwin-04.gif
> >
> >Fact.
> >

> What exactly did Lola win?

The *Doesn't Look Like Bull-Butched W-orsesh-t Award* ???

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:44:38 AM1/6/04
> I think it is

>> Does anyone know if the blue vinyl on "True Blue" is

...under a pile of green bull manure?

Briedbart Index 2000

Jan 6, 2004, 10:44:28 AM1/6/04

Briedbart Index 2000

Jan 6, 2004, 10:44:42 AM1/6/04

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:46:17 AM1/6/04

kathyk...@aol.com (Kathy Kool)

>> dita fake
> dita dork!!!!

Are you cry-ing, Dorkster2/D2/Doug2/Kathy/Betty/Pooopaloop/PinkFlower/Santa/Alan/etc/etc/etc...
;)

b.t.w. The regs back at your **safe** NG refuse to talk to you...for
SOME reason. Why? ;)

*laughs*

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:47:24 AM1/6/04
"Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<c4-dnYkyXs5...@comcast.com>...

> Americans who

>From: "Daniel" rayo...@lineone.net
>
>For those outside the UK, ramblers = walkers. The right to walk on other
>people's property is protected in English law, leaving many landowners
>reaching for the shotguns or releasing the hounds. Looks like Madonna won't
>find this journey such an easy ride (gettit?!)

Boy, I don't know about your news reader, but mine still shows that
Madonna's real fans/non-feedin' fans want to continue with their ignoring
of almost every single on-topic that you have ever made at this NG,
year after year...oh well.

Keep a stiff pimpled lip, boy...'kay? ;)

[sigh]

Rainy

Jan 6, 2004, 10:56:23 AM1/6/04

: >There is a

: >long time myth about welfare mothers....find the children and ask them
how
: >well
: >they were living.
:
: The problem is that it's not just a myth. Yes, there are LOTS of
: people who need welfare, and there are some abusers. But the
: incidents that Carol mentioned are well documented as well. It's
: not an either/or situation. Both exist in tandem, and even NPR
: covered the problem that with the cost of child care, an unskilled
: woman with three children cannot make enough at a job to get
: of welfare.
:
: The enconomics of this are extremely complex, and have been
: building into an entangling web of bureaucracy for a couple of

: generations now. There is NO simple answer.
:

The overly-liberal welfare system like the one in NY didn't always
benefit the children at all. Quite the contrary. A system like that
encouraged welfare mothers to have more children than they
would otherwise have had. The government made it highly
profitable to have more and more kids, and many times these
kids weren't wanted or even loved.

As I recall the system at that time, welfare moms were required
to get a job when their youngest child reached full-time school
age, at 6 or 7; she would no longer receive benefits for herself.
But if she had another baby, she wouldn't have to work and in
fact would collect more money than a minimum wage job would
provide. Many women chose to continue having kids.

I saw a welfare mother put her very young children in a hotel
hallway for a few hours while she entertained friends. I was
staying in that hotel at the time. Her daughter was about 7,
her son about 2 or 3. They could have been abducted or
murdered. But they were accustomed to the treatment and
just sat in the hall and quietly played. I remember their sad
eyes, how hollow their expressions were all the time. It still
hurts to think about them.

Too much liberalism in a welfare state produces unwanted,
unloved and morbidly unhappy kids. It's not to a child's
advantage to make having kids too profitable an enterprise.

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:48:33 AM1/6/04
John Iwaniszek <n...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9467737236...@130.133.1.4>...

> So, I guess

>> <"up">

Danny Finnie's filters? He 'gnored you, aGAIN, pawn.

:)

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:49:43 AM1/6/04
"Rainy" <pleiad...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<xb2dnU9AUuz...@comcast.com>...

> I'm

>From: intimid...@aol.com (Intimida2or)
>
>Fuck.

Boy, I don't know about your news reader, but mine still shows that
Madonna's real fans/non-feedin' fans want to continue with their ignoring
of almost every single on-topic that you have ever made at this NG,

day after day...oh well.

Mama Said Knock You Out!

Jan 6, 2004, 10:50:34 AM1/6/04

intimid...@aol.com (Intimidator2Djr) wrote in message news:<20040105185718...@mb-m10.aol.com>...
> "up"

The number of times that the Madonna fans 'gnore every single one of
your on-topics, pawn?

:)

Alissa

Jan 6, 2004, 2:02:32 PM1/6/04
<syna...@softhome.netnospam> wrote in message

(snip!)

> Nothing I've said even suggests this or justifies any such conclusion
> about what I believe. Unfortunately, I think you're too simple minded
> to understand anything more complex than "poor-good... rich-bad...
> help-good ... not help-bad .. give-good ... not give-bad ...
> welfare-good ... no welfare-bad ... liberal-good... conservative-bad
> ..." Now come down off that branch and have a banana.
>
> Syn

KISS KISS KISS!!!

--
Alissa
"Sometimes, you have a morning hug, an
afternoon hug, or you get a goodnight hug,"
~~K. Reeves

It is loading more messages.