Wedding letter

Trisha Hill

Feb 12, 2001, 6:24:17 PM2/12/01
I'm doing a report in school on Karla Homolka and I'd like to include
that infamous letter she wrote to her friend when her parents wanted
to postpone her wedding after Tammy died. If anyone has a copy please
post it.

Trisha

BeautifulBrat4U

Feb 12, 2001, 7:42:04 PM2/12/01
>Subject: Wedding letter
>From: Trisha Hill trish...@lycos.com

hummmm, I'm looking for that letter, I'm not sure where it is, I know it's read
on the Court TV, but I do have the letter she wrote her parents and The letter
she wrote to George Walker about the Jane Doe & I also have letters from Karla
from prison, let me know if you want any of these, and I'll keep and eye out
for the letter to Deb.

Jenny

H H

Feb 13, 2001, 8:34:02 AM2/13/01
I could get a picture of her old "home". The prison for women.

Trisha Hill

Feb 13, 2001, 6:26:17 PM2/13/01
On 13 Feb 2001 00:42:04 GMT, beautif...@aol.com (BeautifulBrat4U)
wrote:

Thanks. I've already seen the letter Karla wrote her parents and her
prison letters, but I would like to see that Jane Doe letter.

Trisha

Trisha Hill

Feb 13, 2001, 6:29:11 PM2/13/01
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:34:02 GMT, hhem...@home.com (H H) wrote:

>I could get a picture of her old "home". The prison for women.

Thanks, but I think I already have enough pictures.

Bruno41560

Feb 13, 2001, 9:44:45 PM2/13/01
>Thanks, but I think I already have enough pictures.

Hey, there is alot of people that will help you, Kevin

Harry Back

Feb 14, 2001, 12:45:50 AM2/14/01
On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:24:17 GMT, Trisha Hill <trish...@lycos.com>
wrote:

Here's a letter from Karla you might be interested in. It's the letter
Karla wrote to Corrections Canada asking for a six-month program of
escorted temporary absences (ETAs) back in late 1999, when she
believed she was soon to be released. In the hand written letter she
dotted all her 'i's with little circles:

I am requesting a six month program of escorted temporary absences
(ETAs) to Maison Thérèse Casgrain Montreal, Québec. I am asking for
these ETAs for two . . . reasons. First, I plan to live in Montreal
upon my Statutory Release Date (SRD) which will occur in July 2001. I
have never been to Montreal, I feel that it is essential that I get to
know the city as well as the community resources that are available to
assist me upon my release. I believe that through an ETA program I
will be able to develop a positive support network along with reducing
my social isolation. I have now served almost six years of a twelve
year sentence without any type of release whatsoever. I do not think
it is in my best interests, nor anyone else's, for me to be released .
. . after eight years of incarceration without any type of gradual
release to a place where I have never been and where I do not know
anyone.

My second reason for requesting a program of SRDs is for the purposes
of family contact. Ongoing family contact is extremely important to
both me and my family. We have participated in the Private Family
Visiting Program from the beginning of my incarceration. However, we
both feel that it is time to begin visits outside of the prison
setting in anticipation of my eventual release. My family is prepared
to attend some of my ETAs for this purpose.

After serving almost six years of my sentence and completing many
programs, I believe that I am now prepared to benefit from a program
of ETAs. I have worked hard at my programs and have met the required
objectives of my correctional plan. My programs, counselling and
school studies have taught me many things about myself and have helped
me to change in extremely positive ways.

I completed my first program, self-esteem, in June 1995. In this
program, I learned the importance of stating my opinion and standing
up for myself. Assertiveness was stressed. This was the program in
which I also learned to start to trust others again.

The second program I was able to take part in was anger management. (I
took a refresher program in the summer/fall 1997). The biggest thing I
learned in this program was that I did in fact feel anger. I was also
taught that suppressing my anger is not a good thing to do and learned
positive ways to express anger. This program also helped me to become
more assertive.

I completed my third and fourth programs in June 1996. The Community
Integration Program helped me to practice my skills in job search,
writing resumés, and budgeting. Independent Living Skills taught me
better ways of dealing and interacting with people, as well as coping
with stress.

My next program, Improving Your Innerself, was completed in two parts
(July 98 and February 99). This program has deeply impacted my life.
In it, I learned to get rid of my mistrust, self-doubt, misplaced
guilt, and defence mechanisms. I am now completely in touch with my
inner feelings. My self-esteem is now quite high and I am fairly
easily able to deal with confrontation. I think my biggest gain from
this program is my dramatic increase in assertiveness.

I am currently involved in the Survivors of Abuse and Trauma program.
This program has enabled me to better deal with the physical, sexual
and psychological abuse that I suffered. It has also helped me to lose
my mistrust and self-doubt. I also was able to work on issues of
shame, anger, intimacy, communication, confrontation, and guilt.

Throughout my sentence, I have been involved in individual
psychological counselling. I have worked on a number of issues in my
counselling: dealing with my crime, the abuse I suffered, shame,
guilt, public reaction, inner strength, self-confidence,
assertiveness, self-esteem, defense mechanisms, learning to take care
of myself emotionally, anger, asking for help when I need it, grief,
etc. The counselling I have had has really enabled me to get to know
myself deeply.

I have also recently completed my Bachelor or Arts Degree with a
concentration in psychology. I further plan to continue with my
university education to obtan a further degree in criminology
beginning this fall. Continuing on with my education has helped my
self-esteem and confidence immensely. When I took my first course my
self-esteem was so low that I believed that I couldn't succeed. Now I
know that I can succeed in anything I put my mind to. Furthering my
education will also put me in a better position to obtain a job when I
am eventually released.

I believe that I have come an enormous distance since the beginning of
my incarceration in the Prison For Women in Kingston. When I first
entered prison, I was totally destroyed as a person. I was then
segregated for four years and locked in my cell for 22-23 hours a day
for 2 1/2 of those 4 years. I had absolutely no contact with the
general population and everywhere I went I was escorted by a
correctional officer.

Before I transferred to Joliette, people predicted that I would have
an extremely difficult time integrating into population. When I first
arrived, I did have some difficulties with some of the women, but I
was accepted by the majority. I managed to integrate quickly with no
major problems. Considering my history, I believe that this is a huge
success for me. I think that my success in integrating is due in large
part to all of the work I did on myself while in Kingston.

In addition to all of the above, I have behaved impeccably for the
entire duration of my sentence. I have involved myself in both
required and voluntary programs, have used my spare time productively,
have done what is required of me, been respectful to staff, and have
never received an institutional report.

I realize that this is quite a long application for a temporary
absence. However, I believe it is necessary that I detail my progress
over the last six years. I truly believe that, due to the objectives
of my correctional plan being met, my excellent progress in dealing
with the issues that caused me to commit my crimes, and the fact that
I must begin a gradual release after six years of continued
incarceration, I merit a six month program of ETAs. Thank you for
considering my request.

If your still with me, here's a letter her sister Lori wrote her
reguarding the matter. She addressed the letter with "Dear Pissy Big
Sissy" and signed off with "Your Pissy Little Sissy":

Putting in an application for an ETA is not crazy, Kar,... That's
great that no one gets notified - not even the parole board. That's so
wicked!... People are so stupid, Kar,.... Even if they bumped into
you, they'd never know it was you, especially since you're supposed to
be spending all your time in jail. They would never know. Just like if
you came back to St.Cath. That would be the last place people would
expect you to be, especially when I tell everyone you'll never, ever
come back here. See, that's my plan. People wouldn't know if it was
you if they even had a conversation with you. People really are dumb.
It's so easy to con people.