TURMEL: Nielsens end case with return of their property

John Turmel

Apr 25, 2006, 7:37:47 AM4/25/06
JCT: Doug, Laurie and daughter Danielle were all charged
with possession and possession for the purpose of
trafficking of 20 grams of marijuana. 3/4 ounce! And three
breach of conditions charges for missing a hearing. It was
dealt down to Doug pleading guilty to the s.4(1) possession
and all other charges were dropped. And they got their stuff
back.

>Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:14:31 +0000
>From: buds_...@rogers.com (doug_laurie_nielsen)
>Subject: One Month has gone by & it's Time To get our stuff
>To: MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com

We were told 3 weeks ago that we had to wait 1 month for the
appeals process time frame to pass by before they would
release our stuff. Well today is the day. We had an
appointment with the arresting officer at 11:00 am this
morning.

When we arrived, there were two other people dealing with
signing in or what ever. There was a guy at the counter
talking to the two women that work the there...these women
are not cops. One woman with the long dark hair was acting
like we were all criminals or something. She was done with
the guy at the counter & said "they'll be in to speak with
you, now step back away from the counter". (cop lingo must
rub off on them)

We told the other woman we were there to see Mike Boyce &
she went off to find him. The other guy that was signing in
was told to wait while they C-pic him. The woman came back &
said Mike wasn't in...out of town she said, give me your
number & he'll call you tomorrow...

No way in hell we were going to wait until tomorrow!!! John
has taught us how to stand up for ourselves & we sure used
it today!!!

Laurie piped up first as usual & said NO WAY, we are here to
get our stuff back & we're not leaving without it.

Doug told her it has been court ordered that they give it
back & that we've waited the 30 days. We told her we don't
need Mike Boyce because we know that the guy who takes care
of the vault IS there & that's all we need. She came back
with a cop & he said he'd make some calls & see what he
could do for us.

Mean while we were talking to the guy waiting for his C-pic.
About 20 minutes or more went by & he asked the woman how
much longer it was going to take. She was SOOOOOOO rude &
snotty. She said you're sitting there talking I thought you
were all done. He said no, I'm waiting to sign the papers.
She repeated well you're just sitting there talking. Laurie
spoke up & said you told him to go sit & wait, didn't you?
Doug spoke up & said what, people aren't allowed to talk
while they wait? Then the three of us made fun of her & her
attitude & she left right away & didn't come back. The guy
signed in & left, that quick.

When the cop finally brought our stuff out, he motioned for
us to come in to the little interigation room. He said I
guess all you want is your money & threw it on the table.
Doug was quick to grab the scales saying no I want the
scales & everything else the judge said I could have.
Laurie listed to them the things that the judge named off
that we couldn't have. The scissors, the rolling papers, the
flower seeds & the marijuana. Give us everything else she
said.

Doug noticed that they had wrapped the cord around the scale
under the weight tray & it was jammed in pretty good. Laurie
said you guy's better hope that they still work or we'll be
coming back.

It went from that simple statement to a bit of argueing with
the one plain clothes cop. He said don't complain to us,
you're getting you stuff back. We told him that it came here
working & if it isn't working now that we'd see them in
court. Laurie whipped out her phone & took some pics of the
way the cord was jammed & said I'm not screwing around here.

He seemed to be trying to use the "or else" thing that cops
like to use when they have you under the hammer. He was
acting like he had options like arrest us or take our stuff
back or something. We looked at each other & laughed at him.
Then said we have the right to complain if things aren't
given back the way you took them. He seemed to get more &
more angry the more we were able to laugh off his authority.

What was he going to do that could be worse than 5 guns in
your face at 10:00 at night?

Doug was trying to undo the cord & kind of bitching at the
same time saying it's a lot harder to wrap the cord in
around like this then to just leave the cord with the scale.
Laurie said, like it was done on purpose. The cop said "it's
not wrapped around in tight, I saw you pull on it. Doug said
the hell I did, I'm trying to untangle it. (The tray has
less than 1/4 of an inch between it & the sclae, the cord
barely fits between.) Doug said what do you know about
scales anyway, this is a business scale that can weigh gold.
He said "I know all about scales." Doug said "here you
untangle it then"

He wouldn't touch it saying "no you guys are already
complaining about it, I'm not touching it now."

He said "how do you even know it's broken"? We told him if
it wasn't he had nothing to worry about, but if it was broke
we'd be seeing them.

Laurie asked what happens to our stuff when the cops take
it...like do you (the vault guy) touch it or just the
arresting officers. He told her that only the arresting
officers bag & tag & then it's filed. She said good, so if
there's anything wrong with it, we go after Boyce, thank
you.

Bottom line we got our stuff back. The vault guy said he
didn't want the scissors & handed them to Doug!!! The judge
specifically mentioned the scissors were not to be given
back!!!

The strangest part is that we don't remember these scissors
& told them they weren't ours. They were full of hash
residue too!!! We didn't have any hash back then, the cops
never took any hash from us!!!

There's enough for a couple of knives worth on them :o)
So if trafficking is handing a narcotic substance to another
person, then didn't that cop just traffic hash to Doug....
against a court order?

Good news our $500.00 scales work perfect!!! D & L

JCT: I guess the cops aren't going to want to tangle with
the Nielsens again. And if the 3 medpot musketeers win our
appeals, it means Doug pleaded guilty to an invalid section!
Har har har har.