TURMEL: MedPot Mike MacDonald 3-year battle gets Absolute Discharge!

KingofthePaupers

Apr 17, 2013, 3:53:54 PM4/17/13
JCT: This is a great battle by a MedPot self-defender that
took place over 3 years before the Nova Scotia courts. I've
culled Mike MacDonald's posts to our support group at
http://yahoogroups.com/group/MedPot-discuss to tell his
story from start to finish. It's 2 dozen pages but tells a
unique story.

Busted, 2 months later got approved. Now I am fighting back.
Posted By: mikemacdude mikemacdude
Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:19 pm

I was busted at my home in August, charged with production
and production for the purpose. I am able to prove that I
was sick at the time very easily (the process to get
approved took 2 years) and was approved 2 months after my
arrest..

I have a legal aid lawyer now trying to plea deal the whole
thing. I have multiple issues with the warrants including
incorrect and missing dates, missing signature etc. as well,
I was arrested outside my home, taken off my property after
asking to see a search warrant -was told it was "on its way"
(They got the warrant signed 2 hours after my arrest and
detention via telewarrant) I was denied to speak with a
lawyer (2 police documented I asked to speak to a lawyer 3
different times in their statements)

BUT the legal aid lawyer says all this not "Fatal" to the
crowns case and is pushing me to go for deal to plea to
cultivation with probation, fine and conditions attached. He
says that because I wasn't approved at the time the judge
will fry me. I don't feel I was doing anything wrong but
providing myself medicine on my own private land for my own
personal use because I had no other way to get it. I am
fighting it all the way and have had some help and
suggestions already by Doc and a few others, but am open for
any help here. I am flying solo here and learning as I go.
Thanks all. MacDude
---

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:43 am

Educating myself on the law and all these cases with the
super help of Derek. I do appreciate greatly your responses
as well yours Jct. I was thinking I would drop a letter off
to my legal-aid lawyer Tuesday and say in it, that unless
all charges against me are withdrawn I am going to file
motion to quash the charges and cite Hitzig 170, Johnny
Dupuis and Derek Francisco's cases. Is there something else
I should add to this?

With the issues pertaining to the search warrant: The judge
signs it "this 29th day of July..." which authorizes the
above officers to execute the warrant starting the 27th day
of July..." Cleary, an issue there. How can the judge
authorize something to start in the past!? (time travel?
teleportation perhaps?) -should I apply for a quash for this
warrant based on that technicality too?
The more straight shooting I do and the easier I lay this
all out for my legal aid lawyer, the quicker the crown is
going to get the point that I am ready to fight, I am no9t
taking a deal and that am going all the way if need be. The
bullying has to stop back east I'm going to see to it that
it does starting with my case but not ending with it!.
Again, any help/suggestions in this cause is greatly
appreciated! Thanks in advance.
---

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Still reading all this info on how I have to do this defence
and am a bit confused. I have to file a Quash or file for a
stay?? in Nova Scotia and am having a hard time
understanding what form I need to add into the POLCOA motion
kit. I went to the provincial courts website....

Anyone from NS know the form number or name of the form by
chance that I have to add in place of the Ontario forms? too
much reading/ trying to understand cases and what I am
suppose to do and say....today I'm beat down from this whole
damn thing and frustrated sorry.

March 5 I go for plead again. I have put it off 3 times
already. I have to tell my legal aid the path I need to take
but its hard for me to understand to be able to explain it
myself. I am a Hitzig 170 and charges should be stayed?
Should I just refer him to CCLDR or give him the
paperwork... F*&!...Sorry for all the questions folks.
---

Re: Forms and other help needed
Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Sorry just catching up on all these posts. I was on the road
today. I see Derek explained how he did it in this thread
already now...

As far as the plea delays;
When I had to appear first, I showed up myself and said I
had not yet found a lawyer.
The next time I showed up, I said I just got a lawyer and we
needed time to go over the disclosure.
The the next time I had to enter plea, I showed up with no
lawyer and explained I had just dismissed my lawyer and
needed more time. (I sent a letter to this regard to both
the crown and the courthouse a few days prior to cover my
butt as well)
The next time I showed up with my new legal-aid lawyer, I
asked for more time as my lawyer had just gotten the
disclosure from me and had not yet reviewed it.
Now, after the meeting with my lawyer, he was going to talk
with crown and let them know I am not laying down and taking
it, and I am not taking some bullsh*t deal and then see how
they react and hope to get them talking and delay it yet
again in 2 weeks.
I have a feeling they try and get me to plea to cultivation.
I'll then ask for my equipment back etc etc.

I am playing some cards from the ole Francisco playbook on
this one. One at a time. :)
I'll drag this out as long as I have to and make sure it
costs them time and effort all the way. I want them to ask
themselves: IS this worth it??
---

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:50 pm

--- In MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com, "jaswalravi"
<jaswalravi@...> wrote:
> mac i sent you an email, we are in a very similar
situation , many aspects of our cases are similar. are you
doing quash then constitutional?

I couldn't find the email, but added you to my safe list so
I'll be sure to look for it now. Yes our situations are very
similar. And yes, I am filing out the quash first. Main
thing we need to do right now is understand exactly what we
are talking about - Understanding the decisions and
precedents set before us that we are going rely upon and use
as ammo to fight back. I started from the ground up and
picked apart my case, found all the technicalities in the
paperwork and warrants, all the charter violations and built
a file to that regard.

Now, I am building the quash and understanding the contents
within it to be able to speak to it/argue for it. I think
the power of knowledge is of utmost importance at the
moment. email me or post anytime. Any info I could help
with, I'd be glad to. MacDude
---

Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 pm

--- In MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com, Gary Biggs wrote:
> lol no doubt,
> it's hard work from a lot of you that has them spinning
now and it's about time and a beautiful thing. Personality
and polite is not quite going to do it, BUT doing your
homework, talking to people like yourself and derek and many
others in here now, and just standing up for yourself and
not letting them convict you at all for something that is
only wrong to them, not me??? All I was saying is that once
you know your route and you know your right, stick to your
guns, stand up for yourself, tell them they can't do that
AND why, then let them chase there own tails around for
awhile
> Peace and luck to all in the quest for simple
> rights and freedoms in a FREE Country??
> Gary Biggs

Glad things are working out for you Gary, awesome news. I
hope mine works out too. I have a small town bullsh*t judge
who thinks pot is like all hard drugs and a new young hungry
prosecutor. Odds aren't the best, but here it goes... I am
going to finish up my quash document this weekend. Should I
give this to my lawyer or just show and tell him what I
want? ANy idea of the wording I should lay on him?

Should I say something like, .. unless crown withdraws all
the charges, I will be filling this application to quash and
tell him they can't get me on cultivation because I am
exempt as I can prove medical need at the time (as per
Dupuis?) AND was later approved.

Also, should I say that if they decide to go forward, plan
on that fact that I'll be appealing anything all the way to
the high courts as well? Mike
---

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 am

In MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com, "KingofthePaupers" wrote:
>Should I give this to my lawyer or just show and tell him
what I want? ANy idea of the wording I should lay on him?
> Jct: Sure you can show it to the lawyer and tell him
you'll be laying him off while you do the offensive motions
and need him if they fail to handle the Crown's case. No
need to burn any bridges but you want the offence tried, and
he can take a break while you do, then come back and do the
defence as he's trained.
> > Should I say something like, .. unless crown withdraws
all the charges, I will be filling this application to quash
and tell him they can't get me on cultivation because I am
exempt as I can prove medical need at the time (as per
Dupuis?) AND was later approved.
> Jct: yes, you should play it that way.
>
> Also, should I say that if they decide to go forward, plan
on that fact that I'll be appealing anything all the way to
the high courts as well?
> Jct: Yes, you should. They probably know there are almost
two dozen appeals on the go.

Thanks Jct, I'll take that route in the way I lay it down.
Last time I had talked to him, I had mentioned that I'd be
fighting all the way and he said that he thought there were
cases before the supreme court on this so....

YEAH AND???? I will be another one I guess then wont I!
UNless.... :)

And Gary, you are learning the ropes well it seems, Derek is
the man I agree, and the others who help here - invaluable!

I hope you'll be around for awhile and helping others do the
same. For me, win lose or draw I am here until prohibition
has ended.

Where I live, there are a lot of country folk who grow
personal crops. Every year this county spends tens of
thousands on flying the chopper around and busting outdoor
mom and pop type grows. These folks get busted, the cops
play the wife or kids against the man, he takes the deal and
the BULLIES win. Not next year... I'll have every one of
them filing quash! If we get enough cases on the go, we'll
force them into submission and have them choke on their
vomit that they've been spewing on us all.
---

Canadian Media Contacts list?...
Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:21 pm
I was wondering if there is a list of media contacts out
there somewhere. Along with my motion to quash, I'd like to
take a big list of media contacts with me next week for the
crown, along with my story of how the process took me almost
3 years to get approved by HC for a health problem I had had
well documented history of all along. A clear failure of the
system in black and white!
---

Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:27 pm

I am ordered to stay in the province, along with a bunch of
other restrictions. Like no alcohol!?? I don't even drink
but WTF? I had firearms legally registered, I am properly
licensed and had properly stored... they took my gun away,
along my right to hunt and provide for my family. If I can
write something up and it be presented I would do so
however.
---

Finished my Quash
Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:57 am

I finished it last night. But to add to it, I gave a history
of my involvement and commitment in the community, some of
the awards I have achieved for my efforts and painted a
clear picture of a role model citizen who has done much for
his community. I then tell my story of the failure of the
MMAR and as a result of its failure and bureaucratic
bullsh*t, I am being made into a criminal. I state in it
that I have my POLCOA application to quash and once I am
done with that, if even need be, I'll be back and fight
every aspect of my case including both search warrants which
I will file to quash as well. (And reminded them of all the
technicalities)

I simply put in the end that this is going to be a very big
waste of tax dollars, I am well educated, well informed and
ready to fight with an army behind me. I also mention that
my prior job as a national public relations coordinator for
one of the largest retailers in this country, has enabled me
to compile a great list of media contacts who would love to
hear about the MMAR's failure and ongoing problems and
treatment of our sick and dying people of this country. MMD
---

Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks Derek, that was a great point to mention. I added all
that information in there and it fits nicely with the flow
of the document. In the end though it gets down to it...
withdraw now and give my equipment back or else hurricane
strength shit-storm hits, starting with POLCOA....but as
nicely as I could put it of course.
This document has become a real Gem! ;P MMD
(PS I have these visions of me lighting up outside of the
courtroom while my picture gets taken for the paper for some
odd reason);-)
---

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:29 pm
HAAR!... I am allowed 1500 grams in storage, I had a few
hundred less than that. Sure would be nice to have that good
quality medicine back, I have been suffering. Or I'd settle
for the value of it if I had to. ;)
---

Re: TURMEL: Crown complaint to Law Society about Turmel
guerrilla law
Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:52 am

I paid and talked to many lawyers and then got "a good one".
He was going to sell me up the river and have me a criminal
with an ankle bracelet on for growing my medicine for which
I am now approved.

Next, after I fired him, my legal aid wanted to do the same
things. One day talking with Derek and some advice from JCT
and I am on the road to having it all go away and get my
stuff back. RIghtfully so. People like Derek and JCT are
helping people understand and fight for justice. Tell us
what is wrong with that?
---

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:27 pm

just got a bill from my x lawyer/donkey. Apparently the
thousand I gave him to try and sell me down the river to his
college buddy/the crown attorney wasn't enough. He showed up
in court 1 day, I never even seen him in my life in person
until that day. We didn't plea at the time due to non-
disclosure or something. I fired him after him calling
saying "6 months with the ankle bracelet, 12 months
probation" .

SO it cost me $700 to fire him? Lucky I let him off with the
thousand for falk all he did.... I sent the letter to the
crown saying I fired him, as well his letter was sent
informing him nicely he was terminated. He did nothing this
guy and it cost me 700 bucks to fire him? He put down 30
minute conversation with crown as one of the fees. This
conversation was AFTER I fired him!! Why was he talking with
crown 30 minutes AFTER I fired him? ... It says "informing
crown of dismissal"

Probably on there helping the crown try and drown me with my
case after I questioned his intelligence and challenged his
integrity!? Maybe it made him mad..LOL?? A sharks a
shark...you where a fin, you get called a shark where I come
from. How do I file a complaint against this Joker?
---

Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I couldn't agree more. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I took my POLCOA
motion in today and dropped it off. They are all as crooked
as they come!

--> Who can scratch who's back and for what will I get when
I do scratch it. No reasoning for justice factored in there
at all, purely for the sake of monetary gain or status
improvement. It's falkin bullshit. Corrupt to the core.

I want my day in court.
---

MY lawyer withdrew himself from my case today
Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:07 pm

He called and said he got my "package" and that he had
talked with crown. He said they want me to Plead guilty to
cultivation and have charges withdrawn so I could keep my
card. Or something close to that.

MMD: Cultivation? What's that.... that law is of no force
and effect.

LAWYER/Shark: No I do believe it still is in effect.

MMD: Did you even read my letter? Did you even read my POL
COA argument?...

LAWYER/Shark: silent.

MMD: I am Offended you didn't even read this man this is my
damn life we are dealing with here!!!POL COA stands for
PARLIAMENT ONLY LEGISLATE COURTS ONLY ABROGATE. If you read
my work you'd see I made it very simple for you to
understand!!

MMD:Where is the ITO I asked to get. He was like
"ITO...well, I thought the ITO was in the evidence.? NO!
I've been trying to get it since day 1 He said well, it'll
probably just have names and things blacked-out and be of no
good anyways. I said to him: Whatever is in that document
allowed armed men to come on my land for 45 days and spy on
me and my family, it must be something that holds some great
weight! BULLSHIT I say, hearsay is in there, I never sold a
single solitary gram of of my medicine and this is a
travesty of justice taking place here and I wont stand for
it.

His Also, stated I am a medical MJ patient and was sick at
the time. I didn't do anything wrong here and wont agree to
anything that implies I did.

LAWYER/Shark: I have 150 cases on the go and NO I DID NOT
LOOK THROUGH THE DOCUMENT, and I don't have to take this
kind of verbal abuse!!

LAWYER HANGS UP....
I CALL BACK...
WAIT.....
WAIT SOME MORE...

Secretary comes back and says I am being sent a certificate
and that he was withdrawing from the case. WTF is a
certificate? Does that mean they'll pay for me to get a real
lawyer/shark since he won't fight for my legal rights?

SO the saga continues for this patient. Monday I go for
plead. I am asking for a delay yet again while I find a new
lawyer. I think this will be delay number 5 or 6 now?? Very
good use of the tax dollar here. Especially when the
government will be footing the bill to fight against
themselves. I like the irony of it.

I am worn the fuck out my friends....but if we don't stand
our ground and fight back, others will have to go through it
behind us. HOLD THE LINE I say!! MY wife says she admires my
determination to fight for what I believe in. Thank God she
supports me in this because I've been not much fun through
all this. I told her that it is guys like Marc Emery, who
sits in an American prison, and guys like Terry Parker, JCT
and Derek that inspire me to do what I am doing. These are
guys who were out there fighting for MY RIGHTS when I was
sitting at home and doing NOTHING but agreeing with the
fight. I owe it to these guys and everyone behind me and
beside me. MMD
---

Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:50 am

--- In MedPot-discuss, "KingofthePaupers" wrote:

> Jct: and the only question you need to keep hitting at is:
> Is the prohibition still dead or did the courts really
have the power to bring it back to life? When Judge Edward
asked the Crown that in the Nielsen case, the Crown said he
could not say where they got the power but they would not
have if they could not have so they can! Okay, said the
judge and went on with the trial.

Exactly. That is what I am focusing on is that very thing
JCT. IF the law was somehow brought back to life, just
explain how that happened please. What's that? I cant hear
you answer through my POL COA loud speakers.... say again>?
Can judges bring back capital punishment? They must be able
to if they can bring back this dead cannabis law!? The
biggest fraud in Canadian legal history is going on in our
Country.
---

Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks Derek, that is better phrasing of the words I was
looking to put forth. I appreciate all your input. I promise
I wont back down and I will beat this for all of us,
whatever it takes.

Can I bring forth a motion against the MMAR because of the
fact the bullshit I have to go through to get my card
infringes on my right to security of person? I had no other
way to get my medicine other than grow it for myself. It is
prohibition that is making me a criminal.

I can go to my Doc and say: I'll have Morphine and some
Oxycodone, 5 minutes later have it filled out and gobbling
them down. BUt yet if I want to consume God's plant, I have
to go through the gauntlet first. AND only after EVERYTHING
else has been tried first.

I should have the option: a)Cannabis/God's plant
b)Pharmaceutical shit

Hrrrrmmm tough one for me there.....
---

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Yes, is the list of ppl.anywwhere?. The more paperwork I
have the better. I am figuring out how justice works in
this country now:

You pile cash on the scales of justice, and the more cash
you pile on that scale, the more that scale of justice will
tip in your favour.

However, if you don't have the cash to pile on that scale
you are destined to becoming another casualty of a broken
system.

BUT, there is a WAY IF you are able to educate yourself and
dedicate countless hour after hour of understanding the
twisted law, court decisions, legal terminology and every
other aspect of legal mumbo-jumbo that one must endure, YOU
JUST MIGHT have a slimmer of a chance at beating the system
if you don't die first.

Well, at least that's the way they want it to be. They want
it to be like that so that all the people....I mean SHEEPle,
conform. Marijuana Prohibition is one of the biggest
conspiracies in history! The suppression of this plant has
been well orchestrated over the years by big Pharma and big
business interests.

Why would they want this plant so easily accessed by the
masses. The truth would surely surface on a grand scale that
marijuana helps or cures almost any ailment known to man.
Then where would all their pill pushing drug reps go? Then
how big would their bank accounts be? Then how much POWER
would they have to manipulate?

I watched my mother die a slow and painful death before my
eyes by cancer. She smoked cigarettes most of her adult life
and as a result, she died. We acknowledge this personal
choice she had to legally smoke, knowing its' harms. But
that's just it, harmful or not it's a persons choice to do
that in this country. You can buy cigarettes in every corner
store in the country. Yet when she was dying, she couldn't
legally get marijuana. A natural plant that has never caused
a single death in human history and a plant that could have
at least helped her discomfort or perhaps help her be able
to eat. I talked to her about it, she very much considered
it... but she was just so scared it was illegal and didn't
want to break the law.

It's a sad fucked-up system we have... legally smoke your
face of and die, or drink your face off and die... - we will
profit from your sicknesses and death in many ways, thank
you. But don't smoke pot for God's sake or we will put you
in jail. It is harmful in un-proven ways, we don't like
harmful things after all.
---

Re: Constitutional Motion
Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:48 pm

> > From: mikemacdude@
> > I can stand mute? and what does that represent - the
fact I disagree with the charges? Wouldn't that just piss
off the judge who will be deciding my fait? > >

--- In MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com, Gary Biggs wrote:
I did it Mike, Judge actually smiled a little, was the Crown
that was Choked. lol
> Jct: Neat isn't it? A gleam comes into their eye right
away that this isn't
going to be ordinary! Every time! Some go look, smile and
say "enter not guilty"
while others know and say "enter not guilty." Either way,
it's never failed to
bring a smile to a judge's face!

> > Judge actually smiled a little, was the Crown that was
Choked. lol Same Crown that's calling me at home to make
sure everything's getting done on my end, so he can make it
go away. And I'm done that now, so HE told the Judge to put
it off 6 or 7 weeks till my papers come in from the
Government. Told him as of the DAY my papers we're signed by
a Doctor, it was OVER anyway. Bowed his head, sighed and
said ok, just show me the papers when they get here then.
LMAO Peace and FREEDOM Back to ALL Gary Biggs

--- In MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com, gary pallister wrote:
> Mike,,bit by bit,inch by inch,Turmel by Turmel,,,we are
beating them ,,in their playground,,,with their toys,,,,John
Turmel,that name rings in their ears,,,,,WHY ELSE would they
charge John and Derek,,,because these two warriors are
making a difference,,,the flood gates are open ,,,,the POL-
COA WARRIORS are pushing it open LEO YER TIME IS NIGH ,,,I'M
IN YOUR SIGHTS!!!NO!!!!!!!!!you dear leo,,,,,,,,,are in
ours,,,FREE THE WEED,,,RAISE A STINK.pipes

Gary did you get busted for simple possession charges only?
Just curious. They found plants inside and seed garden
outside around 1,000 dried G's. on my end.
Crown is dead set on slammin it to me although I've been 20
years without even a traffic ticket and no drug arrest for
anything ever. small town mentality. pot is bad.

John: I was thinking the delays would cost them time and
money and plus buy time to prepare all my angles of attack.
I don't know maybe I should just get the show on the road...

I am being sent a "Certificate" to go find a lawyer now I
guess.
---

Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 am

MMD: UNREAL the response from crown next to that little wee
quash document! LMAO

MMD: AND Thanks yet again JCT for the run-down of all my
stuff...

regarding the quash to these charges and challenging the
validity of the law: - I take it that still applies even
though I am charged with Production for the purpose and not
possession or cultivation)

Stand mute, book trial... IF judge then says it's still
alive after my quash, I then will ask to set a date for the
Constitutional motion AND this motion is where I state my
sickness and how the MMAR denies me of my right to security
of the person etc etc...

Almost got it.... lol thanks for your patience in me
understanding this. I say, I am no engineer. ;)

Keep up the good fight!
---

Being served today?
Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 am

the Legal-aid office called and asked if I was going to be
home today. They are sending someone with a paper for me
apparently. Not sure what this might be......

I take it maybe this will be my legal-aid lawyer saying he
is withdrawing from my case and my "certificate" for a new
lawyer will be in it. Just in time so he doesn't have to go
to court in the morning and face me?? lol
---

UPDATE: Got the file, listen to this bullshit:
Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:35 am

Lawyer: I understand that it is your position that the
charges against you are unconstitutional and should be
struck down. With respect, this is not the law!

Lawyer: Also, you advise me that you are not willing to
accept any sort of arrangement that attaches any blame to
yourself for any possible wrong doing. Given that the police
observed you with a field of marijuana,(Actually they claim
they saw me water 1 of 4 plants in the area I was - not in a
field as stated here) this would be very difficult to prove.
Given our solicitor client relationship has broken down, I
am pleased to enclose a list of crooked lawyers, I mean
certificate accepting lawyers to help fuck you. Sincerely,
Layer/Shark/back scratching deal maker.

Wed Mar 2, 2011 8:51

I am calling for a new lawyer today and just thought of
something. NO lawyer is going to fight this for me.
Prohibition keeps them in business. They are just part of
the circling sharks.

Judge got mad at me yesterday for wasting the court's time.
He told me out loud that I dismissed my first lawyer, and
now my legal-aid lawyer withdrew. I said that I had mistaken
them as council that was going to defend me. This set him
off and then he said that I WOULD BE DEALING WITH THESE
CHARGES on april such and such and that I WOULD BE ENTERING
A PLEAD.

I want to make a point of wasting time and money and effort
on this, so in the end, when I win they'll have to re-think
the next person they do it to around here, because I'll be
there to help them be a pain in the ass too. They dragged me
into this shit, um here to stay until it stops and the law
is changed. Peace always my friends!

HC ID card
Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:47 am

MMD: My paperwork came in October 2K10 but no ID card. I
have to carry these two papers everywhere I go according to
HC. They are becoming wrinkled and ripped. There is no
picture ID on these documents as you all may know.

I called HC and asked why no card. The response was that
they wanted to speed things up so they sent all the approval
documents out first.

I asked when I would be getting the card then? They had no
idea when my card would be sent and they were given no
indication from the higher brass as to a time-frame to
expect the card to be sent. - kinda sounded like "no
comment" lol

It'll be soon time to send in my renewal and I've yet to
even get my ID card. Has anyone had this happen or know what
to do to get this ID sent to me? What a bad joke the MMAR
system is. So many issues.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:25 pm

How can a friend let HC know he is going to grow his own?? A
fiend of mine who was in a serious car accident and left
disabled wants to grow his own. His doctor is totally
against it and does not believe in it, and wont help him get
it.

When he is able to have pot regularly, it is night and day
with him on how he is able to get around. He will never walk
again and uses a wheelchair. Its sad that he can't get
access legally because his fucken idiot Doctor. What should
he do to inform his Doc and HC of his plans to self medicate
so he wont get in trouble. He has never gotten in any
trouble with the law ever. He has custody of his kids now
and is scared to lose them if something were to happen when
he does decide to get his own going. Thanks for any input
folks.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Thanks Derek, I got the form at Macros.ca

ALso, I think you mentioned how to do this before but I need
to get my Grams per day upped. Not sure what to do... I only
get 4g /day. I use more like 10-14 when I calculate my
eating it. I had told the specialist but still they stuck me
with 4 G's. Unreal.

A Narc came and dropped off some paperwork saying they
testing the MJ from my raid and it tested positive for
marijuana.! Go figure...really!!? Anyways, he said that he
knew I was approved now for 4 G's and thought that was low.
He said he knew people who got around way better than me who
had 3 times that amount. Wondering how he knew I got
approved, it was only a few days after my approval that he
came, and I at the time I had not told my lawyer or anyone
else for that matter.? HC sharing info perhaps?

MMAR delays info. request
Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

MMD: The MMAR is flawed and I am going to be presenting this
information in court during my case.(that's if Crown doesn't
tail-tuck and avoid the fight in the meantime) The process
to get my card took me 3 years, easily proving the MMAR to
unconstitutional when I was arrested for growing my
medicine.(I have a medical paper trail to prove my claims
that it took this long too). I would like other information
to show the multitude of issues that consume the flawed MMAR
to present as well. If anyone has info to share, or a
direction to point me in to gather some additional
resources, I would appreciate it very much! Thanks.

Re: TURMEL: Form for Return of Seized Marijuana
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:10 pm

MMD: So I can't get mine back probably? Fuck. 60 days is
bullshit... I haven't been found guilty of anything yet, how
can they destroy my personal property or not give it back
after I am found innocent of these charges? Thanks for
sharing the new Doc. though JCT, it'll be useful for future
cases for sure.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:43 pm

@Derek: thanks brother, I won't just let them steal it
believe me, I'll be going after it - I suffered bad since
they took it. Many sleepless nights awake screaming out in
pain from the spasms I get. Can't afford to buy it from HC
either at 5 bucks a G!

I am on provincial disability awaiting an operation sometime
in 2011. Wonder if they'll pay for my POT! haha doubt that.
They pay for oxy's, morphine and dilly's all day long for 5
bucks a 'script though. Fuck that noise, I'd rather spasm
and suffer than eat that garbage!

--- In MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com, gary pallister wrote:
> Within 60 days,,,so after a year and a half i'm too late
,,,screw that!!! When I prove Hitzig 170,Culpa Rea on my
garden,and also Federal exemptee,proof of Hitzig,,,,''THEY''
can replace everything they stole from me,,,,even the over
count because they used all the mulch pile throw away also
in their count,,,silly boys ,,,I GOT THE PICTURES AND SQUARE
AREA to prove em lairs,YES,,,,I will want my stuff back
too,,,,lol, HITZIG 170,Derek has shown me the way,John is
writing the script,we are standing,,,,,,,,,,,,NEXT!pipes

@Pipes, I love the positive attitude... that YES we can
attitude. Yah gottah have it man!

No legal representation option left?
Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:34 pm

MMD: After firing my first scumbag lawyer that just gobbled
up a thousand bucks I borrowed and tried to sell me down the
river with his bud at crowns office< i got legal aid - no
choice, I'm broke and currently on disability. This guy then
ignores my Hitzig argument, I AM SICK AND EXEMPT (plus got
approval after) my POLCOA explanation THERE IS NO LAW and
IGNORES the countless warrant technicalities and the charter
issues upon my arrest and detention (no search warrant, deny
a call to legal counsel) and says I should take the deal of
cultivation!! When I say I am offended, He hangs up on me.
NOW I am offered a certificate to get a lawyer..... OK, I
think...

The list of certificate lawyers has 1 available local. and
11 out of town. All the ones out of town wont take it
because they say they are not paid enough by government
footing my bill. The one local is an office the first
scumbag used to work for and is a conflict of interest.

So what now...court in 2 weeks for plead, no lawyer.. and
judge was pissed last time and said enough delays and I
WOULD be pleading to these charges!. Stand Mute, judge
enters not guilty, I then ask for trial by judge and jury
and then next day file my Quash? Thanks for any input folks.
AND this is what we call justice? Falk am I not a similar
position Parker was in back in the day to bring down the
CDSA once again?

I was sick at the time and there was no constitutionally
acceptable way (Flawed MMAR) to get my medicine. The process
took 3 falkin years!(documented) IS that a constitutionally
acceptable method!? LOL Or am I missing something here...

MMAR
Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:46 pm

MMD: IF IF IF I lose my fight, I will be back in the same
position as I was in the beginning: In need of cannabis for
treatment of my illness, but no legal way to get it. MMAR
wont renew if convicted after accepted and cant then re-
apply for 10 years.(I was charged before exemption came)BUT
I will need my herb regardless of what happens with this
travesty of justice. Got me thinking... is someone(not me)
who has a conviction for a marijuana offence eligible to
apply in the first place? Just wondering if they aren't then
that'd be discrimination and another flaw.. just a thought.

MMD: Would I be able to edit the POLCOA quash doc. or is it
just for that motion? Just thinking that since I was
medically exempt at the time as per Hitzig 170, could I add
that as part c)reason to quash? and even add the Johnny
Dupuis case & Derek Francisco?? My argument is that there is
no law, but if there is I am exempt.? Thanks

Court appearance
Mon Apr 4, 2011 9:51 pm

I have court in the a.m. for plead again. Judge said angrily
last time I WOULD BE entering plead next time as there has
been too many delays (none of which are of any fault of my
own). Oops, costing tax payer money and wasting time...
shame on me for trying to exercise my rights! So with no
lawyer willing to represent me on this so-called
"certificate" thing they gave me, I am going to have to
represent myself. I am told this Judge is going to HATE that
and I am going to do that and am told sure he'll yell me
down again.

I plan on reminding him after he does that I am innocent
until proven guilty and I did not invite anyone to come
stick guns in my face, arrest me and destroy my house.
Furthermore, crown is withholding evidence I am entitled to
see, which has evidence as to how they got a warrant to spy
on me on my property for 45 days in the first place. (EG:
illegal and un-warranted trespass) Therefore, until I get
full disclosure NO I WILL NOT be entering plea you honor!.

I can see his red face right now.... This guy has me guilty
before I have even entered plead. Trying to fast track me to
jail! Going to be an interesting day. I also plan on
bringing to light the fact the search warrant date of issue
is wrong and my home address is wrong! LOL Owe what fun it
all is.... peace

5 month delay
Wed Jun 1, 2011 1:09 pm

Crown delayed the preliminary for 5 months so they can call
expert witnesses. I refused the cultivation deal so they
changed the charge to Prod. OVER 3kg now (was under before)
and are asking for federal time and pulling out all the
stops to save this flawed bust on a medical user. I had
stood mute and later asked for superior judge and jury so
after the prelim, they'll set a date for trial if it doesn't
get chucked. Looks like I am in for the long haul here.

Superior Court in the a.m.
Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:00 am

I am in court in the morning to challenge the evidence in my
case. They have a team coming complete with "expert
witnesses". I will be there solo with a small file in hand,
which has the Charter of Rights, The Parker ruling, Hitzig
170 and some BENO factoids. I am asking to have all charges
dismissed after I destroy what little evidence they have.
Thanks to everyone who is helping me out, I hope this
nightmare is over tmrw! MacDude

"Error standing mute?"
Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:41 pm

I was granted a stay of proceedings at the preliminary
inquiry today until next month due to a weird twist; The
judge said that I erred last time buy standing MUTE. He said
that by doing so, I erred to my possible detriment and that
further mistakes could prove detrimental if I was to self-
represent and lose. HE said he would not proceed without me
consulting a real practicing lawyer and having him stand for
me as these are serious charges. (Growing my own, no
evidence of sale, and exempt prior to bust by 3 specialists
on paper)
I expressed that my desire was not to acquire the services
of a "Practicing lawyer" I then showed a doc. from someone
who was going to act as my agent from NORML. He denied the
person to act as my agent citing that he could not do so on
such a matter that I am charged with (Multiple indictable
charges). It HAS to be a certified LIAR, I mean lawyer... or
do it all alone.
At that time, I requested adjournment because I was a bit
rattled crown objected citing that they had flown in an
expert witness from Ont. to testify and another expert
witness out of town, plus 3 police officers involved in the
bust. Judge felt for her logistical situation of getting the
team together but noted that I had to have proper documents
and someone to properly represent me in the best
administration of justice.. (HAAAR!)
Needless to say, crown was pissed and we have to do it all
over again next month on the tax payers dime. I
wonder...hotel bill, meals, flight expenses. ALL on the
taxpayers dime. FOR WHAT!? To try and prosecute someone for
growing cannabis who is medically exempt!?
The courts are a play. Each participant acting and
manipulating the rules and bending the truth to fit the
agenda. Justice is a joke in our country. The more you pile
on th scales, the more they tilt in your direction. Sadly
the weak, the vulnerable, the poor take it from behind from
the system and have no voice.
Fuck all you MOLES in this group spying on these posts. I
hope you sleep well at night known the pain, suffering and
misery you are causing non-violent offenders all across this
country. Peace-out. MacDude

Gives me time to prepare, but also them more time to craft
more lies, bend more truths and manipulate the rule of law.
This has been 13 court appearances and 18 months of work so
far. I believe in the end justice will be served and the
strength of the Charter of rights will prevail. I've done
nothing wrong, I've harmed nobody. NO Victim NO CRIME!!

Re: Turmel: Interpretation Act 43(a) is POLCOA
Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:52 pm

Cris: the lawyer plead guilty for you>?? I don't
understand,...why guilty, was a deal offered? I am in NS and
going through the same "funny business" with regard to
warrants and surveillance info. I have them busted red
handed fabricating documents and there is noway out. They
are going to look real bad when this is done. There is A LOT
wrong with how they violated me and handled my case and the
paperwork I feel bad in a way for the prosecutor, left to
try and clean up the mess the goon squad made of this case.

I am not sure your next plan of action but I would fire the
clown lawyer you have and base your request to strike plead
also on his incompetence. State you did not want to plead
guilty and the lawyer went against your wishes.?? Sorry if I
am out of the loop and irrelevant with my suggestions, just
trying to offer some help.

I really feel for you man, I know what you are going through
with all the stress. I am in the same boat and my wife is
pregnant. It is not a fun place to be in day in and day out
I know. Don't give up Cris. Focus on one thing at a time and
do what you can to change the outcome in every possible way
you can. U can always appeal too.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:55 pm

So many of us in the same boat here. I got help from Derek
and John at the first when LEO kicked my life apart, and I
swore that I would help others the way they helped me.
Everybody, including lawyers, turned their backs on me an my
family. All for free, Derek, John and the rest of the group
helped me understand things and helped me through my
stressful outbursts of frustration against the system to
stay the course. My battle is far from over, I might
add..BUT I could not have done any of it without this group.
Your comments reminded me of all this and I just had to tell
it straight up. It means a lot. One thing I have learned the
hard way, is that the public are generally unaware of how
cannabis helps and how the system of legal access to it is
broken. Our politicians wont change the law, so it must be
changed through the courts. Our media won't expose the truth
about this plant so we must educate anyone and everyone. If
we talk to a group of people and 1 person listens and gets
it. We have one more for the cause.
Greed and power rule the evil that suppresses this plant and
ruins our lives with prohibition, BUT WE CAN CHANGE IT. This
is God's plant, and it must be undemonized. Information is
knowledge, knowledge is power, and power is change! Peace-
out

Update from the East
Thu May 31, 2012 11:24 pm

So I showed my cards to crown, and gave them a quash all
filled out and said not only would I file, I'd fight to the
supreme court with this. They thought I was bluffing and I
believe they thought I was going to get eaten alive by their
team of lawyers, so we went forth with prelim after 14 court
appearances over 18 months so far with delays, me standing
mute and refusing to enter plea last time out ect. Gorilla
law learned right here! :) Anyways,... here is how the
prelim went down yesterday, I was facing charges of
Production, Production for the Purpose, and production of
Cannabis resin for the purpose. I was Hitzig 170, and 6
weeks later got my exemption. No lawyer would stand, legal
aid tried to sell me out...long story short, it boiled down
to me against them...

9 hours in court 5 witnesses by crown. Their ace "expert"
witness is not allowed to give evidence, Production of can.
resin for the purpose got chucked. We go back mid June to
pick the date for supreme with judge and jury. I was not
allowed speaking about the charter issues or the bad
warrants but, I managed through my line of questioning,
paint a nice picture of it.

The tides have changed here but it is not yet over for me. I
believe crown may fold next time out because they know I am
onto the warrants, the sealed ITO, and after yesterday, they
are left with very little to convince a jury as I was
successful with my line of questioning with all the
officers. Stay tuned.

Court transcripts
Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:26 pm

Last time in court at my prelim I asked the judge about
getting transcripts. He told one of the clerks in court to
see to it I got them. To date nothing has arrived and I need
them to prepare.

How and where do I request these? I would like to get
transcripts from all 15 of my appearances. Is that possible
anyone know?? Thanks

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 am

I want the 15 transcripts for a number of reasons. Crown
lied under oath and the transcripts will prove it #1. The
reason for 15 was because of lots of things... No lawyer at
first so I asked for adjournment, then fired my lawyer after
he wouldn't represent as directed, I then got legal aid,
fired him because he would not represent as directed... then
I had NORML going to represent me with their guy and then
that guy took a heart attack. Then crown delayed because of
an expert witness was not available and then delayed because
I was asking for more info they didn't have ready ect ect.
Just a shit show of delays, a lot on my part but some from
their side too. I am over 2 years now into this battle.

I self rep'd at my prelim and just about got the whole thing
chucked. Got the main charge dropped and the judge said the
others have a slim chance of conviction with a well informed
jury. Crown survived by the skin of their teeth and got
their trial... Supreme Court Judge and Jury is in April but
I am going to be in court before then filing some papers to
get access to info they are withholding and lied under oath
about and said they gave me. Thanks for the info, looks
like I am heading back down the court house to see the
clerk..

Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:42 pm

In my last appearance, I asked the judge how to go about
getting the transcripts from my court appearance. At that
time the judge turned to one of the court admins. and told
them to see to it I got them. I gave my mailing address and
phone #. I have been waiting 4 months now and I am preparing
for supreme court and need them. Can someone please tell me
what to do so I can get transcripts from ALL of my
appearances. I have been in court about 14 or more times
already...and I can't remember the dates. When I got busted,
the took a registered firearm from my place. It was properly
locked and secured. No crime was committed, as it was stored
according to regulation. This gun belongs to my friend and
he wants it back. The police told me after my bust he could
get it back no problem but they lied and will not give it
back now. Any info on how he can try to get it back? Thanks
for the help

Crown requests Resolution Conference in MacDonald trial
Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 am

I got a letter today from the courthouse. It was a FWD from
the crown, requesting a resolution conference as to avoid my
trial by judge and jury. Crown knows I was threatening the
POLCOA/BENO defence. They offered a deal, I turned it down,
they offered another, I turned it down. We went to a prelim
and it was a hair away from being thrown out altogether. The
judge had some kind words for me but no so much for crown.
Now that let me sweat it out to the last minute, it seems
the now want to sit down and talk via the "Resolution
Conference". I don't know what this means or weather I
should go ahead with it or not. John, Derek, anyone?? What
should I do? Thanks

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:16 pm

--- In MedPot-discuss@, "KingofthePaupers" wrote:
> Jct: I guess you could easily say:
> Show me where the Ontario Court of Appeal got the power to
revive S.4(1) possession offence of the CDSA after it had
been struck down for 2 years by Parker by amending the MMAR
when S.43(a) of the Interpretation Act says you can't revive
something invalid in one act by fixing something in another
act. I think that's the "killer" POLCOA line.
> Remember when Judge Edward asked the Crown where the Court
got that power to resurrect a dead law and Crown Greg Smith
said he couldn't anything but they wouldn't have done it if
they couldn't have done it so they can. Judge Edward
accepted that because they did, they could, and sent the
Nielsens to trial. Crown eventually withdrew against the
wife and kids for a plea to simple possession with no
penalty for Doug.
> No, you can stick them with the POLCOA line and when they
can't find an answer either, you explain that until they
can, that's why you're not pleading to a law they can't
prove is alive.

MMD: Thanks JCT, that info is a big help. I was heading in
that direction but just wasn't sure of the approach. Making
a list and showing up with all my info should be enough to
make them realize it just aint worth it. We'll see.

I have some work ahead of me here,..just got my transcripts
finally from my preliminary inquiry. It's as big as a book!
Some great gorilla law in here hahhaa.

Thanks again for everything John and others here, my story
is almost over, it's been 2 and half years so far but there
is light at the end of the tunnel it seems.

I'll post more after I get my documents in order and grasp
it all.

Crown offers MacDonald a deal...
Fri Mar 8, 2013 5:47 pm

The Narcs who busted me for growing on my front lawn showed
up at my door today...they had a deal in writing that said
if I plead guilty to Production of marijuana, that they
would drop the charge of possession for the purpose of
trafficking and suggest that I be given a conditional
sentence that allowed me to be at home and at work but with
restrictions. AKA, house arrest. FYI: I was busted for
growing and 6 weeks later I was issued a federal permit to
grow. The process to get my permit took 3 years of red tape
and jumping through flaming hoops. I said fuck it and grew,
tired of not be able to afford street prices to be well.
Crown prosecutor said in the letter that it was either take
the deal or face the REAL possibility of straight jail time!
Thoughts?

Fri Mar 8, 2013 7:40 pm

--- In MedPot-discuss@, "Reverend Tarzan" wrote:
> plead guilty and get house arrest...har har har
stand mute and stick to the plan...don't buy this deal
> I'd go with the second line...you have established medical
necessity as per Hitzig paragraph 170 from the side
line...it took me from September 2008 until December 3, 2012
to get my charges stayed...p4p, production and simple
possession from my personal experience, after 11 arrests for
cannabis offences in a decade...a deal being offered tells
me that the chances of convictions is slim to none...and,
none just left. take this to the bank Brother

I stood mute after JCT explained it to me....and I am for
sure sticking to the plan Reverend Tarzan. :)

I have 2 and a half years of my life into this case already.
IF they are going to prove me guilty of anything under a
corrupt system and a corrupt law, they are going to have to
work damn long and hard to do so! I am going to continue to
make sure it costs as much money, time and effort as humanly
possible.

I have pulled every play at this point. I am going to
continue to be a pain in the ass as much as possible, I
promise you all that. I am not wrong, the law is. Those who
continue to perpetuate the enforcement of this unjust law
upon me or those I know around my community will feel the
same backlash, the same fight as what I am bringing forth.
IF that lands me in Jail, so be it. They can take away my
freedom, but not my freedom of mind. In the end, GOD judges
all.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:04 pm

people go on about Kirk being this big defender of the
cannabis movement. He goes around charging UNREAL amounts to
get people to deal out every time. He's in it for the money,
he'll never have anything to do with legalization OR seeing
a proper MM program is in place. Good to see them fuck up.
He had every element in my case to be able to stomp the MMAR
and CDSA. Instead of taking the opportunity, he said $3000
plus HST. That takes me up to the point of trial. Then it is
3000 per day plus taxes. Then I'd need to cover all expenses
such as flights or hotels if we got to the point of going to
trial. LOL No thanks, I'll take JCT's free advice and still
be better off in the end.

Reply to Crown's offer of house arrest
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:23 am

Hi John, I was wondering if you would help me with my
response to the crown's offer? They requested a written
response. I would like to counter the offer of house arrest
with restrictions and remind them I am Hitzig 170 perhaps
and other cases that may help? I am in court tmrw for a pre-
trial conference to address my charter concerns.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:41 am

--- In MedPot-discuss@, stephen godfrey wrote:
> I just recently received the very same "offer"....and my
"response" will continue to be a full frontal assault on the
corrupt little MMAR scam they got running with their buddies
in Ottawa.... Pleading guilty to NO CRIME WITH NO VICTIM is
NOT AN OPTION! They can stick their corrupt statutes, acts
and bylaws up their asses!!

Thanks for the support Stephen. I commend your efforts to
fight back.

I am in court trmw. I'll bring Hitzig 170 with me, along
with my doctors letter supporting my continued use of MM
prior to bust, along with my production license that came 6
week after my bust. Let's see what a supreme court judge has
to say about all of it.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:20 pm

MMD: Hi John, I was wondering if you could help me with my
response to the crown's offer? They requested a written
response. I would like to counter and remind them of Hitzig
170 perhaps and other cases that may help to convince them
it is a losing cause? I could send you exactly what they
wrote in the letter.. A good reply could be the icing on the
cake to get them to drop it. Thanks! I have a pre-trial
conference set tmrw in front of the judge at 1:30 pm. Crown
suggested it as I raised concerns that fall under a charter
application...

JCT: Hitzig 170 is all you need but if they insist, you'll
prove you need the pot to the court like Johnny Dupuis did.
He's the best Hitzig 170 we've got. Health Canada would not
give him an exemption so he took his doctor and medical file
to the judge and the judge ruled he was sick enough now, and
then! If you have to do a Parker again, sure. A Krieger
again, sure. A Dupuis again, sure... You're sick and
prohibition violated your rights and violates them still. In
the final analysis, your illness is what made you exempted,
not Health Canada's examining pharmacists' opinions. I
remember a time when they didn't have a a real doctor.

MMD:I am in court trmw. I'll bring Hitzig 170 with me, along
with my doctors letter supporting my continued use of MM
prior to bust, along with my production license that came 6
week after my bust. Let's see what a supreme court judge has
to say about all of it.

JCT: Wow, sounds like you're armed to the teeth. Just keep
pointing that if Dupuis could beat his charge by proving
medical need with his doctor, why can't you by proving
medical need with an exemption? Even more official! Dupuis
is the biggest card in your Hitzig hand.

John KingofthePaupers Turmel
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MedPot/message/2789

You'll have to use my translation. Great, it gets my name
into your proceeding.

excellent. So I will argue that I must be treated no
different from Dupuis and as per Hitzig 170 and that the
charges should be stayed?

JCT: 8. Mr. Dupuis is convinced it would be useless and
difficult to look for pharmaceuticals given his
intolerance.. The court is satisfied this perception was
completely reasonable and at the time of the offence, he had
turned to marijuana to relieve his ills.

MMD: If need be, I can show my medical file, which I have a
STACK of pink papers from the lethal Opioid pain killers
they tried me on that failed miserably to treat my
conditions.

JCT:The Chevalier decision is one great decision! I'm just
re-reading it.

MMD: anything I can use, sure send it along. tmrw is going
to be VERY interesting in the supreme court of nova
scotia!...

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:51 pm

<johnturmel@...> wrote:
> > Crown prosecutor said in the letter that it was either
take the deal or face the REAL possibility of straight jail
time!
>> Jct: Har har har. One of our medical user going to jail!
Never happen. Wait until you hand in the list of 56
witnesses for your constitutional stay motion, then watch
them backpedal.

In MedPot-...@yahoogroups.com, Nadir wrote:
> Don't take the deal. Learn your by-law/jurisprudence and
stick to it. And file motion for right to speedy trial if
you can. They probably wishing you did it so they wouldn't
have to loose by withdrawing charges, or worse, in
trial(which they can't afford). lol. When it gets tempting
to accept deal, just say to yourself," I've come this far
and things only got better, I've almost won" Work hard and
good fortune will find you.

thanks for the support. I have to admit, I am worn down. I
am tired of this shit. Tired of court, tired of fighting and
a deal is something I thought about just to get it over and
so my family can go back to being free from it all. BUT, I
just come back to the same thing,..prohibition is wrong, not
me. My wife sat through the 8 hour prelim and then gave
stress induced labor then next morning at our home at 4 am.
Our daughter lived for 7 days and died because she
contracted MERSA.

I blame them for this. Prohibition killed my daughter and
they have the nerve to threaten me with jail time. I have
not had so much as a seatbelt ticket in 20 years and no drug
offence ever. What do think of me going to jail!?

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Praise be to God, Court went good today! One more for the
good guys!. :) The judge accepted my request to challenge
the the search warrants, which will take place next week. I
met with crown prior the the hearing and they said they'd
take a counter offer from me after I rejected the idea of
house arrest and probation they put forth.

I then reminded them of my Hitzig 170 status, the fact I
have my production license, and the fact I haven't even so
much as had a traffic ticket in 20 years. The shoe is on the
other foot and the ball is in my court now. Lot's of
paperwork ahead for this week-end now. They also tried to
persuade me to change to judge only as I am self
representing and Jury trials are complex the judge stated.

Seems as though he bullies have totally changed their
attitude. Crown even made small talk with me about the
weather and how nice it was to see spring arriving. Before
they would not even talk to me, return my calls ect. I was a
second class citizen to their almighty lawyer powers. Not
anymore, I'm sitting up front with them now, and I too can
carry a briefcase and look smart. AAAhhhh, such a lovely day
in supreme court. LOL

Thanks everyone for the support, I greatly appreciate it.

Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:12 pm

--- In MedPot-discuss@ "KingofthePaupers" wrote:
>They also tried to persuade me to change to judge only as
I am self representing and Jury trials are complex the judge
stated.
Jct: You can end that option in their view by telling them
you can't go with judge alone, you have an adviser who makes
everyone put up maximum resistance with a jury trial or I
won't help any more. Har har har. It kind of takes the
decision out of your hands and should demoralize them
further with no hope of avoiding the major inconvenience.

Done. I called the courthouse and told them today that I
wanted to proceed with Jury Trial.

Discharge for MacDonald
Mon Apr 8, 2013 12:24 pm

I was given a conditional discharge after proving medical
need by getting my exemption and using Hitzig 170. After one
year probation (With no restriction but keep the peace, it
is an absolute discharge and no criminal record. Also, the
police have to return my money, weapons, papers, pipes, grow
equipment ect. I just spoke with them and am going to get it
all today. Since they destroyed my cannabis, I will need to
file a section 24 for the value. 1150 g x 10/g (They valued
it in my paperwork) = $11,500.

Sorry I couldn't do any better than this outcome folks. IT
was the best I could do self representing.

Thanks to everyone for the help and support over the past 2
and a half years of this battle. I could not have done it
without this group and would have been in prison or home
with an ankle bracelet on for a year if I had stuck with my
lawyers and what they were trying to do. MM

Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58 am

> I am trying to get my license renewed while preparing my
section 24. I will also self represent myself hence why I am
very pleased to hear that "the system worked" for you (kind-
of) ;-)

Yes, get that section 24 order filed ASAP. The sooner you
file, the sooner they'll know you mean business! Make sure
to leave contact info with crown so they got your number
handy for when they realize they cant win.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 am

--- In MedPot-discuss@ "KingofthePaupers" wrote:
> Okay Mike. I'm going to add you to our
http://johnturmel.com/wins.htm list. What date were you
given the absolute discharge, name of judge and Crown if
possible, and where.

More semi-good news. The Crown offered Bela Beke a sweet
deal that couldn't be refused for his 10-pound life-sentence
bust. He hadn't been able to get his medical records out of
the justice system yet but the Crown offered him a $2000
fine he could pay in installments. > Of course, I'd have
preferred Bela keep fighting but I can't blame him for
putting it all behind him. So Bela got a sweet deal from a
first offer of 18 months in jail that has him walking on
air. I'll add him to the list when it's official. He calls
it a win.

Sure thing John...
The date was April 13, 2013 by ruling of Supreme Court
Justice Kevin Coady in
the town of Pictou, Nova Scotia. :)

JCT: I ran in a federal byelection in Pictou in 1983 against
Brian Mulroney and stayed in the area a month. I think
that was the town where Bobby Orr and Brian hid out from me.