FAMILY:John's Hair Color

Jan Mc Reynolds

Aug 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/3/98
Kristine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question, do anyone know whether John ever colored his hair? Reason I'm asking is because in the 70's his hair was blond, then in the 90's his hair was brown, then I saw a show where his hair had been cut in a bowl shape. The outer layer was blond & the inner layer was dark brown.
> It looked like he had colored it & then his roots grew out.
> Just curious.
>
> RMH6967
> Kristine <RMH...@aol.com>
> USA

It wouldn't bother me if he did!! He was adorable!! Jan in NE

> - Monday, August 03, 1998 at 21:30:47 (CDT)
>
> This article was posted from The World Family of John Denver
> Gathering Center, at http://www.austin1.com/JD/memobook.html.
>
> You are invited to drop by and join in on the celebration of
> life, and the wonder of living.

SPIKE2013

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
His hair color always seemed natural. And he was a really lucky guy. But lucky
enough not to have any grey hair at age 53? I don't think so!

I know when someone thought my sister, two years younger than I, was my
daughter I decided to dye my hair! And John had at least 10 years on me at
that point.

Hmm - who did his hair? I want his/her number!!
Bree
Bree [ Spik...@aol.com ]

Janet Burns

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
I think Mother Nature did her son's hair! The breeze, the elements, the
Great Outdoors were his stylists!

SPIKE2013 wrote in message
<199808040533...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

Jan Mc Reynolds

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98

And on Belle Davis' videos, he has 85,000 different hair cuts--rarely
any of them turning out the same way--SOME very obviously much better
than others. He said that he just washed it--never combed it!!
Sometimes, it looked like it needed a good washing. Jan in Nebraska

NIdPanhand

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
JDs hair is ash grey.

LyrasHeart

Aug 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/4/98
Huuuuummmmmmmmmmm! Bree, I'm with you. I think John had a little help from
his hairdresser. There wasn't a gray hair that I noticed last summer. In
fact, I have several pictures taken with him and in every single one,
his hair color and mine are the same. I asked my hairdresser once if she was
doing his hair and not telling me about it.

Love and Peace,
Carolyn

Christine Moon

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
SPIKE2013 <spik...@aol.com> wrote in article

<199808040533...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
> His hair color always seemed natural. And he was a really lucky guy. But
lucky
> enough not to have any grey hair at age 53? I don't think so!

I remember seeing some grey hair around his temples, back in the late 80's
I think. Or early 90s - the time when his hair was more "dishwater blond"
(or George's "dirty blond"). Then that grey disappeared! I once met a
girl whose hair I would swear was natural blond, until she confided that
she had gone grey prematurely and had her hair dyed.

Peace,
Christine

Janet Burns

Aug 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/5/98
He wanted SO MUCH to grow old and enjoy his grandchildren! I would have
loved to see him get gray - then I could say that I had seen him as a kid
and as an old man as well.

ASLTsmile wrote in message
<199808060027...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>>His hair color always seemed natural. And he was a really lucky guy. But
>>lucky
>>enough not to have any grey hair at age 53? I don't think so!
>

>Actually, from what I could tell from the '95 Symposium tapes, John did
look
>like he was going a bit grey. Maybe it was just the light :)
>
>Peace,
>Tricia

ASLTsmile

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98

Vet Trek

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
I have a hard time imagining that someone who rarely seemed to even run a
comb through his hair would bother to treat it in anyway. I would think it
would be difficult to keep it up without roots showing sometimes with the sort
of schedule he kept.
I liked his hair, but I woulda liked it even if it were grey. :-)
My dad died when he was 74 and just had a little grey at his temples.
Wasn't there someone one the ng that had personal knowledge about his teeth?
Certainly someone must know who cut his hair?

>>then I could say that I had seen him as a kid
and as an old man as well.<<

Wouldn't we all liked to have seen him as an old man...

Val
Time is the master of healing
Love is the master of everything that we do
-John Denver

Janet Burns

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
Only his hairdresser knows for sure.

Vet Trek wrote in message
<199808060548...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

Jan Mc Reynolds

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
Vet Trek wrote:

> I have a hard time imagining that someone who rarely seemed to even run a
> comb through his hair would bother to treat it in anyway. I would think it
> would be difficult to keep it up without roots showing sometimes with the sort
> of schedule he kept.
> I liked his hair, but I woulda liked it even if it were grey. :-)
> My dad died when he was 74 and just had a little grey at his temples.
> Wasn't there someone one the ng that had personal knowledge about his teeth?
> Certainly someone must know who cut his hair?
>
> >>then I could say that I had seen him as a kid
> and as an old man as well.<<
>
> Wouldn't we all liked to have seen him as an old man...
>
> Val
> Time is the master of healing
> Love is the master of everything that we do
> -John Denver

"If wishes were horses, then beggars could ride. . . ." Jan in NE

mbb...@ix.netcom.com

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98

Hi Everyone,
I'm part German and 4 out of 6 kids in my family have the German
blonde hair. I'm one of them. My dad died when he was 55 years old
around Christmas time 1986 and he did not have grey hair in fact his
nick name around town was WHITIE. I hope he is listenting to John
singing in heaven. He knew what John meant to me.
One thought that always goes through my head is my dad only knew one
of his grandchildren and now there are 10. And John wanted so much to
grow old and be with his grandchildren.
Have a great day
Barb in Michigan

Larry Hicks

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
I'm 54 and I don't have any gray hair. My dad is now 90 and he didn't get gray
until he was in his late 70's. It is possible that John didn't have gray hair
lynn.

DTrube

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
> Wasn't there someone one the ng that had personal knowledge about his
>teeth?
>Certainly someone must know who cut his hair?

Oh, please, if anyone knows about his teeth, please keep it to yourself. Leave
the man some dignity!!

Janet Burns

Aug 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/6/98
OMIGOSH! NID, I agree with you! There is hope for you yet! You know, NID, if
you aren't careful, these people are gonna find out that there is a good
person somewhere behind those shaggy manes.

NIdPanhand wrote in message
<199808070206...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>>Oh, please, if anyone knows about his teeth, please keep it to yourself.
>>Leave
>>the man some dignity!!
>

>Another voice of reason and intelligence. Come and join us, we can find a
>better way.

NIdPanhand

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98

FoxfirePat

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98
>Another voice of reason and intelligence. Come and join us, we can find a
>better way.

Ok, I'm open to suggestions. What topic would you like to discuss?

Pat/CO

Vet Trek

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98
>Oh, please, if anyone knows about his teeth, please keep it to yourself.
>Leave
>the man some dignity!!

Too late. It was already posted. (not by me)

Jan Mc Reynolds

Aug 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/7/98
DTrube wrote:

> > Wasn't there someone one the ng that had personal knowledge about his
> >teeth?
> >Certainly someone must know who cut his hair?
>
> Oh, please, if anyone knows about his teeth, please keep it to yourself. Leave
> the man some dignity!!

I'm sure that he was happy that HE STILL HAD HIS TEETH. I certainly
was. Jan in Nebraska

Dr Pepper

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
SPIKE2013 wrote:

> His hair color always seemed natural. And he was a really lucky guy. But lucky
> enough not to have any grey hair at age 53? I don't think so!
>
> I know when someone thought my sister, two years younger than I, was my
> daughter I decided to dye my hair! And John had at least 10 years on me at
> that point.
>
> Hmm - who did his hair? I want his/her number!!
> Bree
> Bree [ Spik...@aol.com ]

My dad died when he was 51, and he did not have any gray hair, so it can
happen. It is all in the genes. He did not color his hair either.
(mostly in the genes) Lorraine

Sneauxball

Aug 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/10/98
I agree that not only it is in the genes, it can vary within the family!!
My brother is 62 with dark brown hair, like mine, but he has only about 10
grey hairs!! I have many, many more and am in my late 40's!!! But, he
does have that bald spot up top....... Gee, what would John have looked
like if he was balding??? ;)
--
Kathy Kazmir aka sneau...@cp-tel.com

GonContry

Aug 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/11/98
He probably did have a few gray hairs in there. They sort of just blend in
with us blondes. I know ;-)

Karen
"Now some say he was crazy and they're glad he is gone
But some all us will miss him and we'll try to carry on
Giving a voice to the forest giving a voice to the dawn
Giving a voice to the wilderness and the land that he lived on"
John Denver

maryeme...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2018, 1:52:48 AM6/4/18
I have the same color of hair as John Denver. I guess it’s quite rare? It’s an ash blond. It can get dark in the winter, but gets very light naturally in the sun. And by the way, I’m almost 58. No gray hair! But then again, when your hair is naturally lighter, maybe that gray just blends.

saraba...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2019, 2:28:38 PM7/14/19
I was looking at pictures of John and Annie’s wedding and noticed that John’s hair looked dark brown. Then I saw a very early video of John singing Leaving on a Jet Plane and his hair was dark brown! He must have started colouring it in the early 70’s.