Avira Antivir Premium 2012 Free Download Full Version

Graziana Getz

Dec 1, 2023, 1:20:22 PM12/1/23
Avira AntiVir the antivirus software from German company Avira. There are two types of the Avira AntiVir software freeware and premium. The free version includes basic virus protection, anti-spyware/ad-ware and web guard with the premium version providing more advanced features making it a complete software security package.

The engine used in the Avira AntiVir program was developed way back in 1988 and has gone on to be one of the most widely used antivirus programs to date. Avira AntiVir is designed like most antivirus software on the market, to run as a background process scanning and checking files on the hard drive and any new additions of files download or copied to the hard disk. Over the years new updates to the program include a web guard checking websites for any malicious content which could harm your PC. An important root kit detection and removal feature was included with the release of version 7.0.x in 2007 preventing certain detrimental effects to the hard disk. Avira AntiVir 8.1.x saw enhancements to the user interface along with a new and improved engine producing faster scanning and detection times.

For compatibility Avira AntiVir 7.0.x was the last version supported for Windows NT/98/SE, later versions are supported on Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7. Avira has ended support for version 9.x as of June 2011; however the version is still functional as are all older versions of Avira AntiVir.

Pros: Light on PC resources, simple UI, automatic updates, fast, anti-spyware/ad-ware, rootkit protection.

Cons: Free version doesnOther Internet SoftwareAd awareAvast Free AntivirusAVG Anti VirusCatSpyCCleanerClamWin Free AntivirusComodo Internet SecurityEset NOD32HijackThisHomeGuard Activity MonitorKeePass Password SafeLockmydriveMalwarebytesMicrosoft Security EssentialsNorton AntiVirusAvira AntiVir Commentsvar disqus_shortname = 'oldversion';var disqus_identifier = 'windows/avira-antivir';var disqus_url = ' -antivir/';(function() )();Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.blog comments powered by Disqus Top 5 Contributorssofiane41,005 PointsPKO1716,000 Pointssafarisilver13,345 Pointsalpha110,985 PointsMatrixisme9,755 PointsSee More Users Upload SoftwareGet points for uploading software and use them to redeem prizes!

Avira free security is the latest evolution of the modern antivirus solution. In its basic form, it brings forth one of the best antivirus engines, a VPN, and a lot of other efficient goodies that will have a big impact on protecting your privacy and even ensure that your computer is running as it should."

avira antivir premium 2012 free download full version
Download https://shurll.com/2wHm2b

If you still have questions regarding the platforms, operating systems or Avira products or need a suitable replacement product then we would be pleased to help you. Call us at +49 (0) 75 42 - 500 0 or send an email to sales avira.com.

No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information.

Last update: 04.12.2012

Avira returns to the security field with a second major revamp in as many years of its flagship free antivirus and paid upgrades. Whereas last year's overhaul focused on a breezy new installation and modernizing its interface, the 2013 version is all about offering competitive and forward-thinking security features.

Avira returns to the security field with a second major revamp in as many years of its flagship free antivirus and paid upgrades. Whereas last year's overhaul focused on a breezy new installation and modernizing its interface, the 2013 version is all about offering competitive and forward-thinking security features.

Earlier we covered the older version of Avira Free Antivirus Personal Edition. Recently, Avira turned out with its all new 2012 version of Avira AntiVir which includes Free antivirus and other premium ones. However, I will talk only about the free version of the latest Avira AntiVir.

Avira 2012 free antivirus offers higher stability, security, reliability, and usability. This free antivirus software regularly scans and protects your computer against malicious programs such as viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, costly dialers and so on. It monitors every action that you execute and reacts promptly when a malicious program is detected.

Your antivirus should certainly have the ability to root out existing malware, but its ongoing task is to prevent ransomware, botnets, Trojans, and other types of nasty programs from getting a foothold. All the free antivirus programs we've selected here offer real-time malware protection. Some take the fight to the browser, working to ensure you never even browse to a malware-hosting site or get fooled into turning over your credentials to a phishing site.

Avast has been supplying antivirus protection for as long as there's been an antivirus industry. With Avast One Essential you get award-winning antivirus protection for free, and much more besides. All four of the independent testing labs we follow include Avast in their reporting, and it aces almost every test. It also takes high scores in our own hands-on testing. Other protective services include a permission-based ransomware protection system, a basic firewall, and a bandwidth-limited VPN.

Many free antivirus utilities work only on the Windows platform. Avast has varying degrees of protection for macOS, Android, and iOS. Its macOS edition earns high scores from the labs, and its ransomware protection, browser trace cleanup, and VPN work just as they do on Windows. On Android you get antivirus, VPN, junk cleanup, and privacy protection, among other features, though anti-theft is noticeably absent. As is common, protection under iOS is limited, but it does include VPN, filtering fraudulent and malicious websites, and extra protection for your photos.

If you spring for the commercial antivirus, you get vastly more features, more features than found in some security suite products. Among these are a basic password management system, a hardened desktop for secure browsing, a Rescue Environment to recover from malware that disables Windows, and a Wi-Fi security analyzer. None of these come for free.

Kaspersky Free is the free anchor for the new Kaspersky line; the not-free Kaspersky Standard, Plus, and Premium all build on the same antivirus engine. Kaspersky's antivirus prowess generally awes the independent testing labs, who routinely assign it perfect or near-perfect ratings. Unfortunately, we can't recommend it anymore. Here's why.

If free antivirus tools are so good, why should anybody pay? For one thing, many of these products are free only for noncommercial use. If you want to protect your business, you must pony up for the paid edition. At that point, you should probably consider upgrading to a full security suite. After all, it's your business's security on the line.

In addition, many companies don't offer full-scale tech support for users of their free editions. The first time you need extra help digging a particularly stubborn piece of malware out of your system, you might regret the lack of support.

Security companies typically pay for the privilege of being included in testing. In return, the labs supply them with detailed reports that can help improve their products. The number of labs that include a particular vendor serves as a measure of significance. In each case, the lab considered the product important enough to test, and the vendor felt the price was worthwhile. The labs don't necessarily test a vendor's free product, but most vendors pack full protection into the free product, enhancing premium versions with additional features.

In addition to carefully perusing results from the independent labs, we also run our own hands-on malware protection test. We expose each antivirus to a collection of malware samples, including a variety of different malware types, and note its reaction. Typically, the antivirus will wipe out most of the samples on sight and detect some of the remaining ones when we try to launch them. We derive a malware blocking score from 0 to 10 points based on how thoroughly the antivirus protects the test system from these samples.

Since we use the same samples month after month, the malware-blocking test doesn't measure a product's ability to detect brand-new threats. In a separate test, we attempt to download malware from 100 very new malicious URLs supplied by London-based testing lab MRG-Effitas(Opens in a new window), typically less than a few days old. We note whether the antivirus blocked all access to the URL, wiped out the malicious payload during download, or did nothing.

Any antivirus should eliminate spyware along with other types of malware, but some products include features designed specifically for spyware protection. Features like encryption to protect your sensitive data and webcam control to prevent remote peeping typically show up in commercial products, not free ones. But some free products include features like a simple on-screen keyboard to foil keyloggers.

One easy way to keep your PC protected is to install all security updates, both for Windows and for browsers and other popular applications. Windows 11 makes it easier than ever to stay up to date, but there are plenty of security holes in older Windows versions, in popular apps, and in add-ons. Scanning for vulnerabilities in the form of missing updates is a feature most often found in commercial antivirus products, but it does turn up in some free ones. In the list below you can see which products include these useful features.
eebf2c3492