cassandra and jesse belle in Aspen

Ed Brown

Oct 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/25/99
Just wondering since I haven't seen anybody post anything. Did anyone else
see Cassie and Jesse Belle during the big weekend in Aspen (October 9-12)
We were staying at The Little Nell and Cassie and Jesse Belle were having
lunch at a table next to ours. Thought it was interesting that they were
there.
Did anyone see them at one of the concerts that weekend? Hope that Jesse
Belle is being able to take part in some of the tributes to her father and
knows
what her father's many contributions both musically and otherwise means to
so many.
Dee
"For the children and the flowers are my sisters and my brothers
Their laughter and their loveliness would clear a cloudy day
Like the music of the mountains and the colors of the rainbow
They're a promise of the future and a blessing for today"

David Ladewig

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
In article <7v316n$qd6$1...@nntp5.atl.mindspring.net>,
"Ed Brown" <edan...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Just wondering since I haven't seen anybody post anything. Did anyone else
>see Cassie and Jesse Belle during the big weekend in Aspen (October 9-12)
>We were staying at The Little Nell and Cassie and Jesse Belle were having
>lunch at a table next to ours. Thought it was interesting that they were
>there.
>Did anyone see them at one of the concerts that weekend? Hope that Jesse
>Belle is being able to take part in some of the tributes to her father and
>knows
>what her father's many contributions both musically and otherwise means to
>so many.
>Dee

I would hope that Jesse Belle AND Cassie be included in all the doings and
tributes. There have been some errors made, but so what, that is old news.
It looks like a shunning to not completely include them just like everyone
else is included. These parties won't go on forever and will soon fade.
Wouldn't it be a tragedy to hurt anyone's esteem by exclusion in something
that is important to them.

Thank you for thinking about this.

David

Kennon Baird

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
David Ladewig <lad...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>I would hope that Jesse Belle AND Cassie be included in all the doings and
>tributes.

Why, exactly? Cassie is a manipulating golddigger, and Jesse
Belle...well, let's just say it's a good thing Jesse Belle looks like
her mother.

So who cares?

KB

David Ladewig

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
In article <3815a192...@news3.dnai.com>,
k...@dnai.com (Kennon Baird) wrote:

It doesn't matter to me about the gold dig tag and all that. Jesse Belle
should see, in a positive light, some of the good things her dad did while
alive. To do that, her mother will have to be included and should be.

If you died and left a child, wouldn't you want her to see a few good things
you were involved in even if you thought the mother was a scoundrel?

You said it's a good thing JB looks like her mother... That one got by me.

David

ASLTsmile

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
>I would hope that Jesse Belle AND Cassie be included in all the doings and
>tributes. There have been some errors made, but so what, that is old news.
>It looks like a shunning to not completely include them just like everyone
>else is included. These parties won't go on forever and will soon fade.
>Wouldn't it be a tragedy to hurt anyone's esteem by exclusion in something
>that is important to them.
>
>Thank you for thinking about this.
>
>David

David,

I totally agree with you here. I am not a Cassandra fan by any means, but to
exclude her is to exclude Jesse Belle and that is not fair. Also we have no
idea exactly where John and Cassandra's relationship was at the time of his
death. I don't believe they were in the process of "getting back together" as
she would have us believe, but they may have been in the process of coming to
terms with their relationship and trying to remain friends (or become friends
again) much the same way John and Annie did. If that is the case, wouldn't it
be sad to exclude her if John was able to forgive her her transgressions, then
we should be able to as well. Hard as it may be.

Peace,
Tricia

ASLTsmile

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
>Why, exactly? Cassie is a manipulating golddigger, and Jesse
>Belle...well, let's just say it's a good thing Jesse Belle looks like
>her mother.
>
>So who cares?

Well, KB I almost hate to get into this, but whether or not Jesse....looked
like her father or not.....HE still loved her and thought of her as his child
just like he did with Zak and AnnaKate. So, in answer to your question "Who
cares?" I think John would.

Peace,
Tricia

sparrow songbird

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
I always find it interesting how people seem to castigate Cassandra for
her infidelity, yet overlook JD's. Seems rather like the pot calling
the kettle black.

Colleen H-P

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

byrne@gte.net Elaine Byrne

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
Uh oh, I agree with Kennon Baird on something ...

Let's just say based on what was overheard in Aspen - I don't think
Cassandra is on the family's Christmas card list.

Her participation at future events would get lower odds than a snowball in
hell.

Brian

@@@@@@@@

Kennon Baird <k...@dnai.com> wrote in message

> David Ladewig <lad...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>
> >I would hope that Jesse Belle AND Cassie be included in all the doings
and
> >tributes.
>

> Why, exactly? Cassie is a manipulating golddigger, and Jesse
> Belle...well, let's just say it's a good thing Jesse Belle looks like
> her mother.
>
> So who cares?
>

> KB

Kennon Baird

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
sparrow songbird <hall...@nevada.edu> wrote:

>I always find it interesting how people seem to castigate Cassandra for
>her infidelity, yet overlook JD's. Seems rather like the pot calling
>the kettle black.

Did JD's infidelities result in any offspring?

KB

Explorerdb

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
<<So who cares? KB>>

Well, I CARE! Your comments, especially about an innocent child, are
absolutely incorrigible! FOR THE SAKE OF COMMON DECENCY, PLEASE STOP IT.

Diane/NY

OTTER

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99

> Did JD's infidelities result in any offspring?

This topic needs to be talked about PRIVATELY through e-mail. JB may have
access to this ng. She can learn, if she wishes to, about this and other
sensitive subjects when she's an adult.

Please, folks, for her sake, stop! Gloria

--
"The moment at hand is the only thing we really own." John Denver

Hiway

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
I don't think that is the issue here, KB.

We are talking about the vulnerability of THE CHILD, not the father.

I am not one to beg, KB, but PLEASE DROP THIS NOW!!!

Hiway
(and everyone else, I think... )

Explorerdb

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
<<Please, folks, for her sake, stop! Gloria>>

THANK YOU, Gloria! My sentiments exactly!

Peace,
Diane/NY

Kennon Baird

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
ot...@rmisp.com (OTTER) wrote:

>Please, folks, for her sake, stop! Gloria

If Denver hadn't lied about it in print, with his ridiculous "miracle"
sterility cure story, there wouldn't be anything to hide, would there?

KB

David Ladewig

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
In article <38166529...@news3.dnai.com>,
k...@dnai.com (Kennon Baird) wrote:

>ot...@rmisp.com (OTTER) wrote:
>
>>Please, folks, for her sake, stop! Gloria

Kennon,

This thread isn't a good idea.

David

ERisk43532

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
Excuse me. I am new to this board and maybe you could explain something to me.
Why would someone who obviously holds John Denver in such disdain bother
posting here? Your negative attitude is the opposite of everything John Denver
stood for. Get a life.

isitlove

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
In article <19991027025116...@ng-fk1.aol.com>,

Hi ER, I remember thinking the same thing when I first came here. With KB,
it's like his *exercise* to behave this way...his nourishment. He likes to
pull people into his world and go a few rounds with them. Try to ignore him,
if you can. If not, just don't take him too seriously. He's probably been
here longer than any of us, and and I'm pretty sure he's not going to go
away. Hang in there. You'll get to know some pretty nice people, too.

Gail

Kennon Baird

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
Hiway <Hiway3...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>We are talking about the vulnerability of THE CHILD, not the father.

Like I said, there wouldn't be a"vulnerability" issue if Denver hadn't
told absurd lies about the situation.

And not only did he lie about it, but he carefully crafted the lie
(sterility cured by a shaman) to enhance his image with certain New
Age types. By doing that, he became just as big of a whore as Cassie,
In my opinion.

KB

LOU

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99

Why, exactly? Cassie is a manipulating golddigger, and Jesse
Belle...well, let's just say it's a good thing Jesse Belle looks like
her mother. So who cares?
Well, KB I almost hate to get into this, but whether or not
Jesse....looked like her father or not.....HE still loved her and
thought of her as his child just like he did with Zak and AnnaKate. So,
in answer to your question "Who cares?" I think John would.
Peace,
Tricia

Tricia, I agree, just remember how john told about the birth of Jesse
Bell, how he delivered her, took her over to the corner, he talked to
her, he sang to her, and then he cried all over her.......she "WAS"
his.... enough said!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou aka LuLu

PMinn19302

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
I agree, this thread should be dropped. However, I can't sit by while Kennon
lies about John because "Kennon can't read". On page 216 of his autobiography
John says the he consulted DOCTORS and because of improvements in MEDICINE, he
gave himself INJECTIONS.
Kennon, I realize that your reading comprehension skills are a problem
area for you. Read it again, it may take several time, take it slow. Pam

C Reck

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
He has been here longer than any of us. He seems to have this weird mission
to "reform" JD fans of their adulation of the man. He loves to talk about
the demise of this group, but I bet he'll be the one here the longest,
ranting to himself when everyone else is gone.

Colleen

ASLTsmile

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99

>I agree, this thread should be dropped. However, I can't sit by while Kennon
>lies about John because "Kennon can't read". On page 216 of his autobiography
>John says the he consulted DOCTORS and because of improvements in MEDICINE,
>he
>gave himself INJECTIONS.

And, I can vouch for the fact that these treatments work. Both my sister and a
good friend of mine had to go through similar treatments to have a baby.

I know that a lot of us are doubtful as to.....well, you know, but it really
isn't fair of us to sit here and try to second guess this issue. The only
person who knows for absolute sure is Cassandra.

And, to correct one point KB made, John was NOT sterile. He had a low sperm
count. There is a difference.

Kennon, sometimes you make good points, but you really need to be careful about
your facts. You have been inaccurate more than once. Also, this is really an
inappropriate subject to hold on a public newsgroup. That little girl has
enough to deal with. She doesn't need you picking on her or her father in
regard to her.

Peace,
Tricia

CKenney194

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
>I know that a lot of us are doubtful as to.....well, you know, but it really
>isn't fair of us to sit here and try to second guess this issue.

Keep in mind that Cassie got pregnant ON THEIR HONEYMOON. Pretty convincing
evidence of John's parentage if you ask me.
Peace,
Carole

Kennon Baird

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
pminn...@aol.com (PMinn19302) wrote:

>I agree, this thread should be dropped. However, I can't sit by while Kennon
>lies about John because "Kennon can't read". On page 216 of his autobiography
>John says the he consulted DOCTORS and because of improvements in MEDICINE, he
>gave himself INJECTIONS.

While I don't have a copy of his autobiography handy, I do recall
portions of it. Please check my recollections against the text.

Denver does say that he took injections and ate pills made of "genital
material", but he goes on to say that the actual "cure" miraculously
occured when he was receiving treatments from a Reiki "healer".

Reiki is an oriental faith-healing scam akin to the Christian
Fundamentalist practice of "the laying on of hands".

I believe he used words to the effect that he felt something "loosen
up" or "break free". Check your copy of the book for the exact quote.

In other words, Denver probably figured it would take a miracle for
anyone to believe that Jesse was his child, so he concocted the
"miracle" healing story, and couched it in the trappings of popular
New Age hooey, so as not to offend his largely non-Christian fan base.

It wouldn't be the first time that Denver did something like this.
Check your copy of the autobiography, and you'll see that Denver had a
shady doctor concoct a story about his chopped-off toes, in order to
exempt himself from the military draft

KB

AdoptaTroll

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
>And, to correct one point KB made, John was NOT sterile. He had a low sperm
>count.

In a TV interview Annie used the word sterile. In a TV interview Cassandra
used the words low sperm count. Either way, it's no ones business and in the
eyes of the child, John is her father. Debate it all you want.

"There are always two sides to the truth."

ASLTsmile

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
>In a TV interview Annie used the word sterile. In a TV interview Cassandra
>used the words low sperm count. Either way, it's no ones business and in the
>eyes of the child, John is her father

Agreed, just one thing though, John also said low sperm count in his book.
I suppose medically speaking back when John and Annie were trying to have a
baby, he may as well have been sterile because they didn't have the medical
advances they did when John married Cassandra. Medical science can work
wonders, or in John's words "miracles". Just ask my sister and her three
little miracles. :)

Peace,
Tricia

David Ladewig

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
In article <38176347...@news3.dnai.com>,
k...@dnai.com (Kennon Baird) wrote:

>Reiki is an oriental faith-healing scam akin to the Christian
>Fundamentalist practice of "the laying on of hands".

Most traditional denominations practice the laying on of hands. It has nothing
to do with healing in the sense you used it. Catholics, Episcopalians,
Lutherans, and many more have the ceremony. Some theological research will
help you with this.

David

CatTess

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
>From: k...@dnai.com (Kennon Baird)

> Denver probably figured it would take a miracle for
>anyone to believe that Jesse was his child,

Wow... aren't you just the tackiest person on this newsgroup!

>> so as not to offend his largely non-Christian fan base.

I don't ever remember checking off a little "What religion are you?" box I was
when attending concerts.

Most of the time, your asinine comments can be ignored because they're just
there to provoke, but this time you actually sound like you're offering a real
opinion, so it warranted a response.

Tess

Taptotap

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
>From: k...@dnai.com (Kennon Baird)

>In other words, Denver probably figured it would take a miracle for
>anyone to believe that Jesse was his child, so he concocted the
>"miracle" healing story,

It's a given that you have no feelings and usually act like a jerk here, but
constantly writing stuff like this for that little girl to read is even below
you. Yes, I know it's unlikely but she is of "surfing the net" age. If my dad
were famous I'd be looking for anything about him. Please stop it KB.

Robin
Take nothing but pictures. Leave nothing but footprints. Kill nothing but time.

Kennon Baird

Oct 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/27/99
David Ladewig <lad...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>In article <38176347...@news3.dnai.com>,
> k...@dnai.com (Kennon Baird) wrote:
>
>>Reiki is an oriental faith-healing scam akin to the Christian
>>Fundamentalist practice of "the laying on of hands".
>
>Most traditional denominations practice the laying on of hands. It has nothing
>to do with healing in the sense you used it. Catholics, Episcopalians,
>Lutherans, and many more have the ceremony.

I stand corrected. MANY Christians, not just Fundies, do it.

KB

byrne@gte.net Elaine Byrne

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
Colleen,

It is not just about "rumored" infidelity ... well, yes it is about that
too! ... its about spitefulness, selfishness and greed.

You ought to chat with the folks who have first-hand knowledge (not me, mine
is second-hand) before your heart bleeds too much for Cassandra. The woman
I have heard described from many sides, with near 100% consistency, is
hardly deserving of sympathy.

Brian

sparrow songbird <hall...@nevada.edu> wrote in message

> I always find it interesting how people seem to castigate Cassandra for
> her infidelity, yet overlook JD's. Seems rather like the pot calling
> the kettle black.
>

> Colleen H-P

isitlove

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99

> It's a given that you have no feelings and usually act like a jerk here, but
> constantly writing stuff like this for that little girl to read is even below
> you. Yes, I know it's unlikely but she is of "surfing the net" age. If my dad
> were famous I'd be looking for anything about him. Please stop it KB.
>
> Robin

I sure hope her mother doesn't let her look here!

Gail

Tejasfam

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
>Why would someone who obviously holds John Denver in such disdain bother
>posting here?

because they want to start a fight as usual..........I am not giving in.....you
will never be able to remove John Denver from my high pedistal...so
there.......Kay

aerie

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99

>In other words, Denver probably figured it would take a miracle for
>anyone to believe that Jesse was his child, so he concocted the
>"miracle" healing story, and couched it in the trappings of popular
>New Age hooey, so as not to offend his largely non-Christian fan base.

Did you ever consider that perhaps John didn't want JESSE to know and
considered the fact that she might pick up that book some day when she was
old enough? There's a lot about his relationship with Cassy that's left out
or is couched in ambiguous terms in that book and that too may be for the
same reason.

Ann

Jesse Windsong

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
>Either way, it's no ones business and in the
>eyes of the child, John is her father. Debate it all you want.

for once I agree with adoptatroll. it doesn't matter. JD considered her his
daughter and she was. after that, it's no one's business. and if she was his
in his mind and heart, she was his, in body and soul.

and that is a celebration, in and of itself.

jesse windsong coffey
"Strange game. The only winning move is not to play."
WOPR computer, "Wargames"

scotts

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Kay, I agree with you. I take such pleasure in deleting the same, boring,
'certain' troublemakers. When anyone replies to them, it just fuels their fire.
There are too many other positive people and vibes from the "man and his music"
here to enjoy instead. Have a great day.
Geri

Ed Brown

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99

WOW GUYS! Had I known what the question about seeing Cassie and Jesse would
start, wouldn't have asked it. I was really just interested in if anyone
saw them at one of the concerts. For anyone that remembers what the
question was, someone did respond that Cassie has actually moved back to
Aspen.
Now isn't that a kick in the head!! John buys that stupid plane to be near
them and she ends up moving back anyway!
Ed Brown wrote in message <7v316n$qd6$1...@nntp5.atl.mindspring.net>...
>Just wondering since I haven't seen anybody post anything. Did anyone else
>see Cassie and Jesse Belle during the big weekend in Aspen (October 9-12)
>We were staying at The Little Nell and Cassie and Jesse Belle were having
>lunch at a table next to ours. Thought it was interesting that they were
>there.
>Did anyone see them at one of the concerts that weekend? Hope that Jesse
>Belle is being able to take part in some of the tributes to her father and
>knows
>what her father's many contributions both musically and otherwise means to
>so many.
>Dee
>"For the children and the flowers are my sisters and my brothers
>Their laughter and their loveliness would clear a cloudy day
>Like the music of the mountains and the colors of the rainbow
>They're a promise of the future and a blessing for today"

Christine Moon

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
We don't know for sure that was why he bought the plane. In fact Milt Okun
said, in a letter to the LA Times, (I quote) "he did not move to Carmel to
be near any of his children;" so it seems unlikely that the plane had
anything to do with Jesse, either. To me, it seems more likely that he
simply wanted a fast plane for the thrill of flying it. At one point he
planned to do aerobatics in it for "Let This Be A Voice", but the producer
decided it would be too dangerous. The shoot had been scheduled for the
week following his death.

Peace, in John's memory,
Christine
moon...@netcomuk.co.uk
"Friends of John Denver"
http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~moonstar/fojd.html

imjohn...@my-deja.com

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
In article <19991027235214...@ng-ci1.aol.com>,

teja...@aol.com (Tejasfam) wrote:
> >Why would someone who obviously holds John Denver in such disdain
bother
> >posting here?
>
> because they want to start a fight as usual..........I am not giving
in.....you
> will never be able to remove John Denver from my high pedistal...so
> there.......Kay

Kay,

Frenetic minds never care what good they destroy. There is no
legitimate information to dispute John's paternity. These narcissitic
jack in the box wanderers should be renounced and burned at the stake.

John

Explorerdb

Oct 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/28/99
Hi Geri and Kay,
Add me to your list...I agree, too!!

Peace,
Diane/NY

Deb Perry

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99
>He has been here longer than any of us. He seems to have this weird mission
>to "reform" JD fans of their adulation of the man. He loves to talk about
>the demise of this group, but I bet he'll be the one here the longest,
>ranting to himself when everyone else is gone.
>
>Colleen
>
>isitlove wrote in message <7v6r19$q4n$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>>In article <19991027025116...@ng-fk1.aol.com>,
>> erisk...@aol.com (ERisk43532) wrote:
>>> Excuse me. I am new to this board and maybe you could explain something
>to me.
>>> Why would someone who obviously holds John Denver in such disdain bother
>>> posting here? Your negative attitude is the opposite of everything John
>Denver
>>> stood for. Get a life.
>>>

>>Hi ER, I remember thinking the same thing when I first came here. With KB,
>>it's like his *exercise* to behave this way...his nourishment. He likes to
>>pull people into his world and go a few rounds with them. Try to ignore
>him,
>>if you can. If not, just don't take him too seriously. He's probably been
>>here longer than any of us, and and I'm pretty sure he's not going to go
>>away.

Well, not all of us. I've been here a looong time, but I don't say much.

Deb

OTTER

Oct 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/29/99

> I don't ever remember checking off a little "What religion are you?" box I was
> when attending concerts.

GREAT, Tess!

LOL, Gloria

--
"The moment at hand is the only thing we really own." John Denver

slank

Oct 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/30/99
Some of us were too busy celebrating the Spirit of John to worry about who
was there and who wasn't. Really don't think that this was the time to be
star-gazing.
Ed Brown <edan...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> WOW GUYS! Had I known what the question about seeing Cassie and Jesse
would
> start, wouldn't have asked it. I was really just interested in if anyone
> saw them at one of the concerts. For anyone that remembers what the
> question was, someone did respond that Cassie has actually moved back to
> Aspen.
> Now isn't that a kick in the head!! John buys that stupid plane to be near
> them and she ends up moving back anyway!

Christine Moon

Oct 31, 1999, 2:00:00 AM10/31/99
Who's talking about stars? This thread was about Ca$$ie.

Peace, in John's memory,
Christine
moon...@netcomuk.co.uk
"Friends of John Denver"
http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~moonstar/fojd.html

SewPatti

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
Ah yes .....but I believe every child is a miracle.......so why not Jesse too?
Think about it.
Patti

Pamela Beasley

Nov 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/1/99
Christine Moon wrote:

> We don't know for sure that was why he bought the plane. In fact Milt Okun
> said, in a letter to the LA Times, (I quote) "he did not move to Carmel to
> be near any of his children;" so it seems unlikely that the plane had
> anything to do with Jesse, either. To me, it seems more likely that he
> simply wanted a fast plane for the thrill of flying it. At one point he
> planned to do aerobatics in it for "Let This Be A Voice", but the producer
> decided it would be too dangerous. The shoot had been scheduled for the
> week following his death.
>
> Peace, in John's memory,
> Christine
> moon...@netcomuk.co.uk
> "Friends of John Denver"
> http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~moonstar/fojd.html

Interesting......When John was in Dallas in Sept 96, he spoke to us
backstage about his leasing of the house in Calf. He said that he had
leased the house to be closer to Jesse Belle.
As far as the reason for buying the plane, I have no knowledge of why he
purchased it.

Pam

Flyushome

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
I agree,

It would be wonderful if Jesse (especially)
and Cassie could be included in events honoring John, but I truly do not
believe that is what Cassie has in mind. At Snowmass on Oct. 10, Erma told
people that it had been two years since she'd seen Jesse Belle! How could
Cassie be so cruel?

Think about it, folks, please!

peace,
pat

Christine Moon

Nov 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/2/99
Hmm, interesting indeed. Wonder why Milt said that? Unless the newspaper
edited his letter, thereby changing the meaning. Though I never understood
why John chose Carmel - there are some lovely parts of California closer to
LA. Santa Barbara and La Jolla are two that spring to mind.

Pamela Beasley wrote in message
<8F37A999EF44ECF6.EAD12587...@lp.airnews.net>...

>Christine Moon wrote:
>>
>> We don't know for sure that was why he bought the plane. In fact Milt
Okun
>> said, in a letter to the LA Times, (I quote) "he did not move to Carmel
>> be near any of his children;" so it seems unlikely that the plane had

C Reck

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
Isn't Carmel right by the Pebble Beach golf course? Need we say more? :)

Colleen

OTTER

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99

> Isn't Carmel right by the Pebble Beach golf course? Need we say more? :)
>
> Colleen

Spoken like a true golf "widow"! ROTFLOL! Gloria

Christine Moon

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
I think you hit the nail on the head there, Colleen. Or should I say hit
the ball with the club, or something?

C Reck wrote in message <9XNT3.2347$Q5.7...@news1.rdc1.sdca.home.com>...

>Isn't Carmel right by the Pebble Beach golf course? Need we say more? :)
>
>Colleen

Ed Brown

Nov 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/3/99
We were not in Colorado "star-gazing". We could not help where the waiter
seated us in the restaurant. In fact, we did not notice Cassandra and Jessie
until they were leaving and turned back to speak to some other people. We
began to discuss whether or not Jessie was going to any of the events
honoring her father or maybe there to see her grandmother and other family.
We asked the question only to see if anyone else had seen them at the
concerts or other events. The question was not about Cassandra or about
Jessie's parentage or anything else. We were only hoping that Jessie was
able to experience the outpouring of love that was given to her father.
By the way, WE have been celebrating John's spirit since we first heard him
on the radio in 1971 and first saw him in concert in October1973 and live by
that spirit every day.
Ed and Dee

slank wrote in message <7vfv43$g45$1...@nntp5.atl.mindspring.net>...
>Some of us were too busy celebrating the Spirit of John to worry about who
>was there and who wasn't. Really don't think that this was the time to be
>star-gazing.

C Reck

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
Actually Gloria, my husband detests the game. But my future son-in-law (no
engagement yet, but I love the boy) is an avid golfer and the pro at our
local golf course. I do believe the wedding (when it occurs) will be on one
of the greens, with cans tied on the back of the cart, and boutonnieres
(sp?) made of tees. So I know that to the avid golfer, location is
everything.

Colleen
OTTER wrote in message ...

>> Isn't Carmel right by the Pebble Beach golf course? Need we say more? :)
>>
>> Colleen

LiteofVega

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
>From: "C Reck" cre...@home.com

>I do believe the wedding (when it occurs) will be on one
>of the greens, with cans tied on the back of the cart, and boutonnieres
>(sp?) made of tees. So I know that to the avid golfer, location is
>everything.

Perhaps "18 Holes" will be one of the songs played during the wedding or the
reception? LOL!!!!

Peace,

Mary in Oklahoma

"Music... can name the unnameable and communicate the unknowable."
--Leonard Bernstein

C Reck

Nov 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/4/99
You got that right Mary! I just hope they don't name the first child
"Tiger".

Colleen
LiteofVega wrote in message
<19991104002041...@ng-ci1.aol.com>...