Cowboy and the Lady lyrics

LPILLA

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
Hi everyone....

I don't know if this has been asked before....but I just can't figure out a
line in the "Cowboy and the Lady"...

My son and I have researched Olga and others to no avail....so any help would
be appreciated.!

ok...heres MY version (OK go ahead and laff!)

"he was smokin Davids wine....
She was Chablis, 59......."

LOL! I know he wasn't smokin or movin Davids wine....but i dunno!

Help please! Thanx

Love
Cheri22:)

TwylaEglfr

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99

>"he was smokin Davids wine....
> She was Chablis, 59......."

Mogan David.... an inexpensive wine. :)
Cmndr Twyla Eaglefeather, The Good Ship Windsong.
Lusty, not quite Busty but pretty dang Trusty second in command..

LPILLA

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
>Subject: Re: Cowboy and the Lady lyrics
>From: twyla...@aol.comnospam (TwylaEglfr)

>he was smokin Davids wine....
>> She was Chablis, 59......."
>>

>Mogan David.... an inexpensive wine. :)
>Cmndr Twyla Eaglefeather, The Good Ship Windsong.

Thank you thank you thank you!

My son, who plays the guitar (age 22) told me he could "figure it out" if he
heard the song....I promptly played it for him....and we both laffed our heads
off cuase we just couldn't!
I thought it must be a brand of cheap wine......cause that would go along
with the story....but, we never heard of it.

Thanx again!
Cheri22:)

Noopie9

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
>>he was smokin Davids wine....
>>> She was Chablis, 59......."

I kinda like this version - right up there with "piddle in a can"

LPILLA

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
Subject: Re: Cowboy and the Lady lyrics
>From: noo...@aol.com (Noopie9)

Noops....

ROFL...hey gimme a break!

Hope I made your day!

LOL
Cheri22

Fullop

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
He was MOGAN DAVID WINE
She was CHABLIS '69

LPILLA

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99

>Subject: Re: Cowboy and the Lady lyrics
>From: ful...@aol.com (Fullop)
>Date: 2/18/99 6:20 PM Eastern Standard Time

>He was MOGAN DAVID WINE
>She was CHABLIS '69

Oooooooopsss Chablis 1969!

thanx!
Cheri22

MNPearl

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
>He was MOGAN DAVID WINE

And Mogan David wine is good. We always had it in our house around the
holidays. And it's more expensive than Ripple ya know. LOL

Peace,
Jean
"A man does not have to be an angel in order to be a saint."
--Albert Schweitzer

LPILLA

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
>Subject: Re: Cowboy and the Lady lyrics
>From: mnp...@aol.com (MNPearl)

>>He was MOGAN DAVID WINE
>
>And Mogan David wine is good. We always had it in our house around the
>holidays. And it's more expensive than Ripple ya know. LOL
>

>Peace,
>Jean

Hi Jean....
Is Mogan David an uh....er...Southern wine.?
I'm in NY...and of course I've heard of Ripple...but this Mogan David is a
new one on me!
Maybe its just not something thats here in NY......I dunno! I'll be checking
though, thanx!

Cheri22

Pamela Beasley

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
MNPearl wrote:

> >He was MOGAN DAVID WINE
>
> And Mogan David wine is good. We always had it in our house around the
> holidays. And it's more expensive than Ripple ya know. LOL
>
> Peace,
> Jean
> "A man does not have to be an angel in order to be a saint."
> --Albert Schweitzer

My dear sweet grandfather, who lived to be 88, had a small glass of MD
blackberry wine every night before bed. It was the only alcoholic thing
he ever drank. I guess he knew before the expects about the positive
effects of a little wine.

Pam

Jim Hamp

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
On 18 Feb 1999, LPILLA wrote:

> Hi everyone....
>
> I don't know if this has been asked before....but I just can't figure out a
> line in the "Cowboy and the Lady"...
>
> My son and I have researched Olga and others to no avail....so any help would
> be appreciated.!
>
> ok...heres MY version (OK go ahead and laff!)
>

> "he was smokin Davids wine....

He was Mogen David wine, a cheap brand of wine.

Jim

Theresa

Feb 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/18/99
LPILLA wrote in message <19990218144234...@ng-fr1.aol.com>...

> I don't know if this has been asked before....but I just can't figure out
>line in the "Cowboy and the Lady"...
>
> My son and I have researched Olga and others to no avail....so any help
would
>be appreciated.!
>
> ok...heres MY version (OK go ahead and laff!)
>
>"he was smokin Davids wine....
> She was Chablis, 59......."

"He was Mo(r)gan David Wine
She was chablis, 59........" (giggle--I won't put that here ;)

Peace,
Theresa
Have a Song Singing Joy Bringing Day :)
Please remove *** when emailing me

ATWMDW

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
Hey Bud, try:

"he was Mogen David wine, she was Chablis, 59..."

(Mogen David makes a relatively inexpensive grape and blackberry wine)

John Denver's Greatest Fan

Noopie9

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
>From: lpi...@aol.com (LPILLA)
>Date: 2/18/99 4:38 PM Central Standard Time

>Subject: Re: Cowboy and the Lady lyrics
>>From: noo...@aol.com (Noopie9)
>
>Noops....
>
> ROFL...hey gimme a break!
>
> Hope I made your day!
>
>LOL
>Cheri22

Cheri

You did make my day! I love your version. Now I'll have to sing it that way!

Kathy

Bill Planer

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
Actually, I associate Mogan David wine with New York. I'm going on dim
memory now, and it may no longer be made, but when I was a child (1950s
folks) and lived in the New Jersey suburbs of New York, I remember it being
associated with the Passover celebration. I think it was / is Kosher.
Anybody have more precise information?

Peace,
Bill

Judy Almand

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
I believe the lyrics are "Mogen David" wine, a cheap wine, often the choice
of drunks.

LPILLA <lpi...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19990218144234...@ng-fr1.aol.com>...
> Hi everyone....

> I don't know if this has been asked before....but I just can't figure
out a
> line in the "Cowboy and the Lady"...
>
> My son and I have researched Olga and others to no avail....so any help
would
> be appreciated.!
>
> ok...heres MY version (OK go ahead and laff!)
>
> "he was smokin Davids wine....
> She was Chablis, 59......."

MNPearl

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
>Hi Jean....
> Is Mogan David an uh....er...Southern wine.?
> I'm in NY...and of course I've heard of Ripple...but this Mogan David is a
>new one on me!
> Maybe its just not something thats here in NY......I dunno! I'll be
>checking
>though, thanx!
>
>Cheri22

I don't think it's a southern wine. I grew up in the Chicago area and it was
the wine we always had in the house.
I know it was still made a couple of years ago, but haven't bought any
recently.

MNPearl

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
>Actually, I associate Mogan David wine with New York. I'm going on dim
>memory now, and it may no longer be made, but when I was a child (1950s
>folks) and lived in the New Jersey suburbs of New York, I remember it being
>associated with the Passover celebration. I think it was / is Kosher.
>Anybody have more precise information?
>
>Peace,
>Bill

It is a Kosher wine, but I don't know much else about it.......except as kids,
it's what we were given when we couldn't sleep.

Fiona or Ezza

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99

Hey ATWMDA! You got a real name? G'day all the same, but I think you'll
find there's competition for your sign off.

Well ladies? Gonna give him/her a run for his/her money?

Love Fiona in Oz <real name, real addy>

Theresa

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99

Pamela Beasley wrote in message ...

>My dear sweet grandfather, who lived to be 88, had a small glass of MD
>blackberry wine every night before bed. It was the only alcoholic thing
>he ever drank. I guess he knew before the expects about the positive
>effects of a little wine.
>
>Pam

Thanks Pam for jogging this brains memories back to my mother's stories of
my great grandmother :) She did the exact same thing only ladies weren't
supposed to do *that* kind of thing. She kept the bottle wrapped in two
brown bags in the nightstand beside her bed so no one could see what was in
there.

Grama Roe lived to be 96--I was only 5 when she passed away and I can still
remember the long coal black hair she had--and she never colored it!

JesseWndsn

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
>And Mogan David wine is good

And don't forget, it's KOSHER!

valerie, the Lusty, Busty Irish Wench
Queen Hawkeye of the Pirate Vessel, Windsong
Scourge of the known Galaxy
Conqueror of the Unknown Galaxy
Queen of Thieves (pbththth, Autolycus)

R calypso

Feb 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/19/99
>Mogen David makes a relatively inexpensive grape and blackberry wine)
>
>John Denver's Greatest Fan

Dang... Thought it was lime aid,.. that explains it, and my love for JD....,WE
ARE ONE
Randy... R aclypso

Visit " DANCING WITH THE MOUNTAINS ",
a " R calypso " site for JOHN DENVER fans. Wavs/
Links/ Link for who have lost
beloved pets. " HOWIE'S Stupid GOP " link/ Info.on " R calypso". At....
http://www.geocities.com/southbeach/strand/1354/

Bill or Dot Smith

Feb 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/20/99
I just bought a bottle of this wine last week, thank you. It's chillin' in the
icebox (yes, I'm from the south, ya'll) & I'm justa waitin' for that special
occasion to arise to drink it. ;-)
I'm not a big drinker & haven't seen the stats on what drunks drink, so I'll have
to defer to someone else with more "experience" to answer that question!

Dot
In Texas

LyrasHeart

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
>I just bought a bottle of this wine last week, thank you. It's chillin' in
>the
>icebox (yes, I'm from the south, ya'll)

I grew up in West Virginia....the fringes of the south. My grandmother (who
raised me) never drank except for an occasional bottle of beer ...
and she loved her Mogan David Wine!!! As I recall.....it's VERY sweet!!!
(It's a lot like Communion Wine!) :-)

Carolyn

foreverj...@my-dejanews.com

Feb 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/21/99
In article <19990221111344...@ng-ba1.aol.com>,

lyras...@aol.com (LyrasHeart) wrote:
> I grew up in West Virginia....the fringes of the south. My grandmother (who
> raised me) never drank except for an occasional bottle of beer ...
> and she loved her Mogan David Wine!!! As I recall.....it's VERY sweet!!!
> (It's a lot like Communion Wine!) :-)
>
> Carolyn

VERY sweet...but very tasty, as I recall. ah, my wild, wicked youth, and the
discovery of Mogan David Wine. The memories that the name alone conjure up
are so many. That was the year that I discovered who I was and what I am,
the year of Nixon's resignation, my graduation from High School, the lowered
drinking age in Fla...the events of history that shaped my life and
conciousness. What a year! Stairway to Heaven, Alice Cooper, Dan Fogelberg,
the Watergate trials and tribulations, and Mogan David Wine.

My goodness, I feel a song coming on. Quick, Sabu, my pencil...or my
keyboard. Whichever!

valerie r. williams
"The Wind is a Goddess, that first learned to fly"
--John Denver, "Windsong"--
http://buffs.moviething.com/buffs/whitewitch/index.shtml

etcau...@yahoo.com

May 2, 2020, 8:09:56 PM5/2/20
On Thursday, February 18, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, LPILLA wrote:
> Hi everyone....
>
> I don't know if this has been asked before....but I just can't figure out a
> line in the "Cowboy and the Lady"...
>
> My son and I have researched Olga and others to no avail....so any help would
> be appreciated.!
>
> ok...heres MY version (OK go ahead and laff!)
>
> "he was smokin Davids wine....
> She was Chablis, 59......."
>
> LOL! I know he wasn't smokin or movin Davids wine....but i dunno!
>
> Help please! Thanx
>
> Love
> Cheri22:)

he was morgan david wine ,i was chevy 59

wib...@bibble.com.invalid

May 3, 2020, 5:23:01 AM5/3/20
Mogan David wine, she was Chablis '59