The new Oxygene

^^artnada^^

Dec 28, 2007, 11:33:00 AM12/28/07
Interesting....but will never beat the original.

Martijn Dekker

Jan 2, 2008, 2:17:19 PM1/2/08
In article <0z9dj.69217$c_1....@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
"^^artnada^^" <notn...@knowanything.com> wrote:

> Interesting....but will never beat the original.

Is that Oxygene 7-13? That's hardly new anymore.

- M.

^^artnada^^

Jan 3, 2008, 3:39:34 AM1/3/08

No. The new [live studio] Oxygene 1-6.

Paolo Cordone

Feb 10, 2008, 3:43:48 PM2/10/08
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:33:00 +0000, artnada^^ wrote
(in article <0z9dj.69217$c_1....@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>):

> but will never beat the original.

Agreed, definitely interesting, but what could possibly beat the original?
;-)
Amazing how modern the 1976 music sounds even today. Jarre has been a true
forerunner of that type of electronic music which remains timeless.

Paolo

Fredrik Jonson

Mar 29, 2008, 5:20:05 AM3/29/08
Paolo Cordone wrote:

> artnada^^ wrote

> > but will never beat the original.
>
> Agreed, definitely interesting, but what could possibly beat the original?

Well, I'd say Oxygene Live now is the original. Or rather the new
original. After listening to the DVD I'm deeply impressed of how very
true he is to the 30 year old original. Of course, since it is live,
there are a few places where you can tell the difference. But as a
whole Oxygene Live is so close to the original that the difference can
be atributed live recording and 30 years of artistic experience.

> Amazing how modern the 1976 music sounds even today. Jarre has been
> a true forerunner of that type of electronic music which remains
> timeless.

True. I thought we had lost Jarre to those boring hard and soulless
electronic drum sounds - I really dislike those - that has been almost
everywhere in Jarre's compositions the last couple of years.

--
Fredrik Jonson