Best ripping software

Fearless

Jul 17, 2003, 11:20:26 AM7/17/03
I'm trying to copy some of my CD's into mp3 format to load into my mp3
jukebox. I'm taking recommendations from some of the pros here about which
software is the best for this. There are so many choices, from free to
quite expensive. I trust you folks here to steer me to those that work well
for you.

--
Antispam measures in place.
If you want to email me, post here with a real email

Powered by Tyrannochoerus

Rick

Jul 17, 2003, 4:35:32 PM7/17/03

"Fearless" <som...@somewhere.com> wrote in message

> I'm trying to copy some of my CD's into mp3 format to load into my mp3
> jukebox. I'm taking recommendations from some of the pros here about
which
> software is the best for this. There are so many choices, from free to
> quite expensive. I trust you folks here to steer me to those that work
well
> for you.

I've always used CDEX - www.cdex.n3.net

Rick

Mayday

Jul 17, 2003, 5:13:50 PM7/17/03
I think if you were to post that question to the binary music newsgroups
many will say Exact Audio Copy and the Lame externalcompressor. This will
give one of the most accurate rips of your music. There is some setup
involved...you even calibrate your CD drive...but the results are wonderful.
I turn out excellent 192 VBR(variable bit rate) rips. You could ncrease
that to 256, 324 or better if you want.

You can get EAC here: http://www.exactaudiocopy.
There is a good tutorial on setting up EAC and Lame here:
http://www.ping.be/satcp/tutorials.htm
Get info on Lame here: http://www.mp3dev.org/ You might have to search to
find a place to download the lame executable.

Id@ M@nn

Jul 18, 2003, 12:35:40 PM7/18/03
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:20:26 -0700, "Fearless" <som...@somewhere.com>
wrote:

>I'm trying to copy some of my CD's into mp3 format to load into my mp3
>jukebox. I'm taking recommendations from some of the pros here about which
>software is the best for this. There are so many choices, from free to
>quite expensive. I trust you folks here to steer me to those that work well
>for you.

I would suggest AudioGrabber, if you can't find it, I can send you a
working copy of it, as I did purchase it a while back.

I don't know if the programmer is working on it anymore, last I heard
he had ceased support long ago.

Id@

ParrotRob

Jul 21, 2003, 9:27:51 AM7/21/03
"Id@ M@nn" <JIMMYBUFFE...@CFL.RR.COM> wrote in message

> I would suggest AudioGrabber, if you can't find it, I can send you a
> working copy of it, as I did purchase it a while back.

*sigh*

Id@ M@nn

Jul 22, 2003, 9:25:58 PM7/22/03
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:27:51 GMT, "ParrotRob" <parr...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

dont even go there.

Id@

ParrotRob

Jul 23, 2003, 9:48:39 AM7/23/03
"Id@ M@nn" <JIMMYBUFFE...@CFL.RR.COM> wrote in message

Too late.

Id@ M@nn

Jul 23, 2003, 6:06:20 PM7/23/03
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:48:39 GMT, "ParrotRob" <parr...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"Id@ M@nn" <JIMMYBUFFE...@CFL.RR.COM> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:27:51 GMT, "ParrotRob" <parr...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Id@ M@nn" <JIMMYBUFFE...@CFL.RR.COM> wrote in message

>> >*sigh*
>> >

>> dont even go there.
>>
>> Id@
>
>Too late.

did you happen to read the rest of the post saying that possibly the
programmer had ceased support? meaning he might have ceased making it
available for purchase/download?

guess you left that out.

I happen to like the program very much,,,which is why I bought it and
use it to burn multi-album CD's for my MP3 player in my truck.

so please,,,,,please,,,,do not go there again.

Id@

ParrotRob

Jul 26, 2003, 12:47:53 AM7/26/03

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:48:39 GMT, "ParrotRob" <parr...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >"Id@ M@nn" <JIMMYBUFFE...@CFL.RR.COM> wrote in message

> >> dont even go there.
> >>
> >> Id@
> >
> >Too late.
> >

> did you happen to read the rest of the post saying that possibly the
> programmer had ceased support? meaning he might have ceased making it
> available for purchase/download?

He probably ceased support for it because people were stealing it from him
and giving it away for free to others.

Id@ M@nn

Jul 26, 2003, 1:14:44 PM7/26/03
On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:47:53 GMT, "ParrotRob" <parr...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>He probably ceased support for it because people were stealing it from him
>and giving it away for free to others.

possibly PR, but they aint me.

Id@

cayc...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2013, 2:13:24 AM7/29/13

Hello Friend,I will Recommend a product of DVD Ripper for you:Xinfire DVD Ripper Ultimate- It is a professional DVD Ripper Software enabling users to create DVD masterpieces, rip & convert any DVD with protection to various video/audio formats compatible with most popular mobile devices.It also supports CD.
More info please visit: http://www.xinfire.com/dvd-ripper