Mardi Gras Newsflash!

MYSTIKMIS

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
Yesterday I was named Queen Inertia for the Krewe of Mystik Orphans and
Misfits.
The ball is Mar 4, 2000.
Anyone coming to N.O. (who REALLY enjoys a wild time!) for Mardi Gras, let
me know and I'll have an invitation for you!!! Costumes required...

--
Alice
(...off with their heads...)

CafeMojo

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
>Yesterday I was named Queen Inertia for the Krewe of Mystik Orphans and
Misfits.

Congratulations Alice, this is a real honor!!!!!
I probably won't be down till Jazz Fest, but have a great time!
cap'n ron

Des_KWFL

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00

"MYSTIKMIS" <MYST...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

> Yesterday I was named Queen Inertia for the Krewe of Mystik Orphans and
> Misfits.
> The ball is Mar 4, 2000.
> Anyone coming to N.O. (who REALLY enjoys a wild time!) for Mardi Gras, let
> me know and I'll have an invitation for you!!! Costumes required...
>

> --
> Alice
> (...off with their heads...)

Conga-ratz, Alice!! Geez, is there anything comparable to that mah-velous
King cake you shared...fit for you, the Queen, I mean?! We'z proud of ya,
we iz.

Des ~ thinkin' a conga is most definitely in order here!!

MYSTIKMIS

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
CafeMojo wrote in response to an earth-shaking announcement:

> >Yesterday I was named Queen Inertia for the Krewe of Mystik Orphans and
> Misfits.
>

> Congratulations Alice, this is a real honor!!!!!
> I probably won't be down till Jazz Fest, but have a great time!
> cap'n ron

Actually, honor is the last word we ever use for this group! ;}
And I wonder what people mean who say "you deserve this", like what did I
ever do to them!?!?

But, since my King (Quasimodo) is Camile Baudoin, of the Radiators, and my
husband is having so much fun with this, and I really am thinking about
running away to Pensacola instead 8}, I suppose it is something to be happy
about!!! Actually, I promised to tell everyone about this, just so I
couldn't reneg!

The M.O.M.'s ball is one of the greatest experiences of underground Mardi
Gras in the whole city, and each and every one of you should check it out
some day...just stay in touch with me, cause it's by invitation only! 2500
people in costume, free beer and the Radiators playing Low Life, or Screw
Loose or I'd Rather Waste You....

--
Queen Alice
(...off with their heads...)

JT in Minn

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
<< Yesterday I was named Queen Inertia for the Krewe of Mystik Orphans and
> Misfits. >>

Is this anything like the Beaux Arts Ball.... We used to go to that every year
and it was WILD.

Have a WONDERFUL time and CONGRATULATIONS to you, Alice..

John Sherwin
Missin' the ol' ALGIERS homestead!!!

JT in Minn

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
<< I probably won't be down till Jazz Fest, but have a great time!
cap'n ron >>

Which weekend will you be in N.O. for Jazz Fest, cap'n??

We'll be there for the second weekend. I already have airline tickets and will
be booking a hotel room soon.
Yeah, I know... the quarter is booked as is all of the Garden District and the
downtown hotels. Guess I'll be staying on the West Bank or out by the
airport.

John Sherwin
Countin' the days til 5/5/2000

secrtbear

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00

You could always stay in Slidell *grin*
they put a lovely Shoney's Inn right in downtown Slidell...yech
-secrtbear

lauren...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2017, 12:59:56 AM2/20/17
On Sunday, February 6, 2000 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, MYSTIKMIS wrote:
> Yesterday I was named Queen Inertia for the Krewe of Mystik Orphans and
> Misfits.
> The ball is Mar 4, 2000.
> Anyone coming to N.O. (who REALLY enjoys a wild time!) for Mardi Gras, let
> me know and I'll have an invitation for you!!! Costumes required...
>

> --
> Alice
> (...off with their heads...)

How does one acquire an invitation?