"Snuff Queen"?

Bob McCarthy

Jan 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/27/96
Okay, I confess. I have never known what a "snuff queen" was in
"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw". I suspect coke...any
confirmation?

Thanks...
... Bob

Craig Self

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
Bob McCarthy <b5...@usa1.com> wrote:

> Thanks...
> ... Bob

Nope to dope. I think I read in the FAQ that it was a reference to
some kind of woman who "snuffed" any requests of the carnal nature. I
may be wrong, but I think that's what it was.

Craig

CTrem48815

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
A snuff Queen is a woman who stars in pornographic snuff films. In these
films, one of the participants is actually killed on film in a sadistic
way. Pretty sick.

Heather L. Lail

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96

> Bob McCarthy <b5...@usa1.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay, I confess. I have never known what a "snuff queen" was in
> >"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw". I suspect coke...any
> >confirmation?
>
> Nope to dope. I think I read in the FAQ that it was a reference to
> some kind of woman who "snuffed" any requests of the carnal nature. I
> may be wrong, but I think that's what it was.
>
> Craig

I always thought it was like a stripper or a skin-flick chick? Like in
"snuff magazines"? That's just what I always thought? Correct/Not???

Heather

Bob Saftenberg

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96

From the Jimmy Buffett FAQ:

Why Don't We Get Drunk: Snuff Queen
A snuff queen was a country music "groupie" that enjoyed the music
scene and had a reputation of casual sexual encounters. The term
has also been used to describe a prostitute.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Life and ink, they run out at the same time or so said my friend...
- Jimmy Buffett

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Bob Saftenberg

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
to CTrem48815

Rob Kowalski

Jan 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/28/96
In article <4ebt3q$s...@damage.usa1.net>, b5...@usa1.com says...

> Okay, I confess. I have never known what a "snuff queen" was in
>"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw". I suspect coke...any
>confirmation?
>
> Thanks...
> ... Bob

Yep, that's right, cocaine.

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to heat...@acpub.duke.edu

>> > Okay, I confess. I have never known what a "snuff queen" was in
>> >"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw". I suspect coke...any
>> >confirmation?
>>
>> Nope to dope. I think I read in the FAQ that it was a reference to
>> some kind of woman who "snuffed" any requests of the carnal nature. I
>> may be wrong, but I think that's what it was.
>>
>> Craig
>
>I always thought it was like a stripper or a skin-flick chick? Like in
>"snuff magazines"? That's just what I always thought? Correct/Not???
>
>Heather

Excerpt from: Jimmy Buffett Scrapbook, Mark Humphrey with Harris Levine

Unless you were part of the Nashville scene twenty-some years ago, the songs references to the object of its lust as a possible 'snu=
ff queen' may need explaining. John Grissim's Country Music: White Man's Blues has a chapter, Snuff Queens and Cheap Thrills, which=
defines the country groupie: "...in just about every town where an act may perform there's bound to be several gals who not only l=
ove singin' cowboys and anybody who has anything to do with them, but who also desire the anonymity of casual sexual encounters...Co=
untry music people call them snuff queens...

There's more, but persons under 18 may be reading...

John B

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to alt.music.buffett

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to alt.music.buffett

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to heat...@acpub.duke.edu

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to heat...@acpub.duke.edu

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to heat...@acpub.duke.edu

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to heat...@acpub.duke.edu

John B

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
to heat...@acpub.duke.edu

TAMU89

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
>> Okay, I confess. I have never known what a "snuff queen" was...

>> I suspect coke...

>> I think it was a reference to some kind of woman who "snuffed" any

requests of the carnal nature.

>>A snuff Queen is a woman who stars in pornographic snuff films.

Just to add my interpretation, I have always heard the term used to
describe a woman who dips snuff (the Copenhagen or Skoal variety), and
connotes a woman who is a bit rough, possibly intimidating, but who might
still hold allure when intoxicated.

Harold Paulson

Jan 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/30/96
In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.96012...@teer7.acpub.duke.edu>,
"Heather L. Lail" <heat...@acpub.duke.edu> wrote:

> > Bob McCarthy <b5...@usa1.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Okay, I confess. I have never known what a "snuff queen" was in
> > >"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw". I suspect coke...any
> > >confirmation?
> >
> > Nope to dope. I think I read in the FAQ that it was a reference to
> > some kind of woman who "snuffed" any requests of the carnal nature. I
> > may be wrong, but I think that's what it was.
> >
> > Craig
>
> I always thought it was like a stripper or a skin-flick chick? Like in
> "snuff magazines"? That's just what I always thought? Correct/Not???

Uhg. The purpetual thread. Same answers every time too. A "Snuff Queen"
is just country music coloquialism for a groupie. It spread to also mean
"hooker" This and other useless and wonderful information can be found in
the a.f.j-b FAQ. You can get it at
http://www.homecom.com/buffett/
which is a great place for all info Buffett.

- H

--+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= Harold Paulson is =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+--
har...@pogonip.scs.unr.edu for email | "Dum Vivimus Vivamus"
or | -RAH
Zarathustra for Bolo! |

Sara Allison

Feb 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/4/96
to b5...@usa1.com
I believe it's "snub queen", which makes much more sense in the context
of the song.

JolyMonBob

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
No I believe it is "Snuff Queen".

Lowell Adams

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
JolyMonBob (jolym...@aol.com) wrote:
: No I believe it is "Snuff Queen".

Absolutely!

Lowell

JCChumney

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
I too believe it is snuff queen. It is a southern phrase and its meaning
is literal, describing women who dip snuff.
jcc

RumRunner

Feb 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/15/96
Hunh, that would be new to me. I always thought it was "Snuff Queen", but
I thought it meant a cocaine user...

Live and learn...

Lance Dong

Feb 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/16/96
In article <4fum71$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, jcch...@aol.com
(JCChumney) wrote:

I believe that I read in the book that came with the boxed set "Beaches,
Bars, Boats and Ballads" Jimmy explains that a "Snuff Queen" is a country
music groupie, who has a penchant for easy casual sex.

zig...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2015, 11:29:44 PM2/24/15
On Saturday, January 27, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Bob McCarthy wrote:
> Okay, I confess. I have never known what a "snuff queen" was in
> "Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw". I suspect coke...any
> confirmation?
>
> Thanks...
> ... Bob

A Snuff Queen is a Girl who has sex for Cocaine.

revedw...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 1:17:57 AM6/30/16
snuff queen is (or at least was in the late fifties/early sixties) believed to refer to a female country music "groupie" with a reputation for casual sexual encounters. This may include Country/Wetern groupies. Has no connection to "snuff films" (How could she be a snuff film queen and be with Jimmy?, and I don't think he was singing about necrophilia) a snuff film participant can only perform once

John Meggers

May 14, 2021, 11:35:26 PM5/14/21
On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 1:17:57 AM UTC-4, revedw...@gmail.com wrote:
> snuff queen is (or at least was in the late fifties/early sixties) believed to refer to a female country music "groupie" with a reputation for casual sexual encounters. This may include Country/Wetern groupies. Has no connection to "snuff films" (How could she be a snuff film queen and be with Jimmy?, and I don't think he was singing about necrophilia) a snuff film participant can only perform once

Way late to the party, but I always thought the lyric was "snow queen" as in implying she's frigid.

John