Religion and beer <humour>

PirateJohn

Dec 11, 2002, 2:33:10 PM12/11/02
Pastor Wants To Mix Bibles With Beer At New Bar
Idea Is Stirring Heated Debate

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.-- A reverend and a restaurateur hope to spread the Gospel
by mixing Bibles and beer at a religious-themed saloon in Grand Rapids.

The Rev. Peter Winkle and business owner Renee Visser will ask the city for a
free liquor license Wednesday to open "Graces." He says the request has pitted
some Christians who favor temperance against those who feel the gospel should
be spread by any means possible.

Visser says she envisions music, fun, alcoholic beverages, pizza, steaks and
hamburgers at night and a soup and salad bar for the lunch crowd.

Graces would not be associated with any church or denomination.

Visser and Winkle have a history of spreading the Gospel through alternative
forums. They have been involved in Monroe Mall Ministries, and helped bring the
Gospel on the Mall concerts last summer.

Pirat...@aol.com
Keeper of the Humour List at http://members.aol.com/PirateJohn/pirate1.html

"Mother, mother ocean... I have heard your call" - Jimmy Buffett, A Pirate
Looks At Forty.

nanamOOn

Dec 11, 2002, 2:40:06 PM12/11/02

>Pastor Wants To Mix Bibles With Beer At New Bar
>Idea Is Stirring Heated Debate

>GRAND RAPIDS, Mich

Only in Michigan....

and I can say that...I'm married to a Michigander.

nanamOOn
Mommy to Andrew Neil (May 19, 2000) and Lukas Dallon (June 2, 2001)
See us at: http://photos.yahoo.com/poohrkm

~Some people never find it some only pretend, but me I just want to live
happily ever after Every now and then. ~JB

Danny Taddei

Dec 11, 2002, 3:03:06 PM12/11/02
Now that would be one way of getting me to church! Still won't cut my hair or wear
underwear:-)

PirateJohn wrote:

--
Danny Taddei

There’s a horizon on every side. Let your soul inside be the guide and lead the
way.

Msq

Dec 11, 2002, 6:23:22 PM12/11/02

"nanamOOn" >

> and I can say that...I'm married to a Michigander.

Not a Michaganeer?? or a Michaganite? Michaganist? Michaganan?.....I'll stop
:) Holiday baking is makin' me get the crazies!
Msq

nanamOOn

Dec 11, 2002, 4:59:22 PM12/11/02
>Not a Michaganeer?? or a Michaganite? Michaganist? Michaganan?.....I'll stop
>:) Holiday baking is makin' me get the crazies!
>Msq

Ya making Fruitcakes???

Fearless

Dec 11, 2002, 5:11:26 PM12/11/02
"Msq" <mbw...@whereamI.com> wrote in message

A Michougana? (OK, yiddish humor. Ya had to be there). :-)

Cl lycaon

Dec 12, 2002, 4:17:53 AM12/12/02
>Pastor Wants To Mix Bibles With Beer At New Bar
>Idea Is Stirring Heated Debate

I really thought following that headline that Pastor Toby would appear in the
write up!:-).
Hope he's well, if anyone stays in touch with him send him a big fins up.
Without a clue and still without a master plan
cllycaon