Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever - Freakin' Awesome Network Forums

TMC

Apr 10, 2012, 2:27:58 AM4/10/12
http://officialfan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=offtopic&action=display&thread=422110

Author Topic: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever (Read 201 times)
Heyman Rules 513
Global Moderator

member is offline

Joined: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Thread Started Yesterday at 6:47pm »
After watching these 2 on separate weekends after getting the
Anthology on Blu-Ray (Don't worry I obviously watched the good two
first lol). I found that my opinions have changed since I last saw
them

Batman Forever originally I found the right side of goofy/kickass
however when I watched it recently it severely annoyed me with the
poor Tommy Lee Jones make up, annoying dialog, Jim Carrey whom I
normally love really annoyed me too

Batman & Robin I used to think was an abomination of film-making and
whilst it is far, far, far, far, far, far (repeat ad-nuseam) from a
good or even decent film (The Botanical Gardens charity ball in
particular was painful) I found it a lot less irritating that I once
did

Maybe its a case of high expectations for the first and low for the
2nd but I do find Batman & Robin not as bad as Batman Forever
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
De$tro
Gentle Lover

Often seen not being a STAR
member is offline

Joined: Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #1 Yesterday at 6:51pm »
They're equally terrible. As you said, the bar was lowered by Forever,
so and Robin actually isn't AS egregious, since the preceding film was
already terrible.

So I voted for the fourth option of a fight. Hopefully it's Double DQ
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
Doctor Doom
Reed Richards' Master

Hearts Bayformers
member is offline

Joined: Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Location: Latveria
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #2 Yesterday at 6:53pm »
Batman Forever

It's the lesser of two evils
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

Advantage DOOM
FinalBeyond
Dennis Stamp

member is offline

Politically Correct, and proud of it.

Joined: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Location: England
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #3 Yesterday at 6:56pm »
Batman and Robin doesn't have Jim Carrey turning the Riddler from one
of the Batman villains ever into one of the worst, so it wins. At
least it was entertaining to me as a kid, which Forever didn't manage.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

I have a Twitter. And a Tumblr.
Visit The Great Escape to read my comics and plenty more!
Zombie-A-Go-Go!
Team Rocket

member is offline

Joined: Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Location: Ohio
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #4 Yesterday at 6:56pm »
Batman Forever
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

Woody, You Magnificent Bastard
Global Moderator

member is offline

Joined: Sept 2007
Gender: Male
Location: the land down under
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #5 Yesterday at 6:57pm »
Joel Schumacher was a missed opportunity for the Batman franchise, why
couldn't we get the Joel Schumacher who made Falling Down and Lost
Boys?
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

andrew8798
Wade Wilson

on 24/7 this month
member is offline

Joined: Apr 2005
Gender: Male
Location: Texas
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #6 Yesterday at 7:00pm »

Yesterday at 6:57pm, Woody, You Magnificent Bastard wrote:
Joel Schumacher was a missed opportunity for the Batman franchise, why
couldn't we get the Joel Schumacher who made Falling Down and Lost
Boys?

Blame WB
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

PSN: andrew8798
Xbox GamerTag: andrew8798
Free Hat
Dennis Stamp

member is offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #7 Yesterday at 7:06pm »
Forever is a strange movie. It tries to retain some of the darkness
and psychological elements of the Burton films (resolving Bruce's
whole revenge/bloodlust character arc for example) while at the same
time trying to pay homage to the 60's tv series. It just comes off as
clumsy and disjointed. It's a movie that doesn't know what it wants to
be and suffers as a result.

B&R, on the other hand, ditches the darkness completely and goes full
on camp. Now I'm a huge fan of the Adam West series, so I don't
necessarily think that modern reinterpretation of that would be a bad
thing. But the problem with B&R is that it lacks any semblance of that
show's wit or charm. It derives most of its "humour" from innuendo and
bad puns. It's more cringeworthy than funny.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
FSin: Forever Rarity
Keyser Soze

BEE THROWING
member is offline

Joined: Oct 2011
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #8 Yesterday at 7:26pm »
Forever is stronger, but Batman and Robin is pure cheese.

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

Twitter
Facebook

The People's Brony Forum

PLAYING WITH POWER
mcmahonfan85
King Koopa

member is offline

Yeah!!! I'm the champion!!! That means the WCW title isn't just 25
lbs. of worthless crap!!!

Joined: Jan 2006
Gender: Male
Location: memphis, tn
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #9 Yesterday at 7:26pm »
without even voting yet, gee i wonder which is leading
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

R.I.P. Larry Sweeney. You will be missed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyxGyQNEfY
Lizuka
Patti Mayonnaise

doesn't like stuff
member is offline

Joined: May 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #10 Yesterday at 7:29pm »
Forever I actually think is good - not up to the movies that proceeded
it but fine in its own right. Batman & Robin, when it's not involved
in its infamous cheesiness, is just plain boring.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 7:29pm by Lizuka » Link to Post - Back to
Top Logged
Read Wright as Rayne, The Black Princess, and Blue Blood Heroes!

StarchildStorm on Twitter.
y2joey
Grimlock

Proud TS member.
member is offline

RobotTheoryFilms, Remember the Name

Joined: Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Location: Shepherd University
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #11 Yesterday at 8:30pm »
Batman and Robin by far. Its a lot easier to watch if you take it as
an homage to '60's Batman while Forever just falls flat. Really
"Forever" on the surface had the most potential on terms of
characters, its just Carrey was wrong for the Riddler and Tommy Lee
Jones was poorly directed. I really think if taken seriously that Lee
would've made a great Harvey Dent.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
Check out RobotTheoryFilms, my film company's YouTube
Channelhttp://www.youtube.com/user/RobotTheoryFilms

The Unofficial Official Manos:The Hands of Fate Fan Club:http://
www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_177384648970155

Coming in 2013...Manos:The Search for Valley Lodge: More info at
www.torgolives.com
Starshine
2x WWCF Tag Champ

member is offline

FALCON ARROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S DONE THE DEAL!

Joined: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Location: Star City, Australia
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #12 Yesterday at 8:31pm »
Whoever wins, we already lost.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
Things that make sense in wrestling do not exist.
ohiofan1
Don Corleone

member is offline

Joined: Nov 2009
Gender: Male
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #13 Yesterday at 8:38pm »
Am I the only one that found Jim Carrey entertaining as The Riddler?
He is the main reason why I don't hate on this movie.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

Gun Show!
Starshine
2x WWCF Tag Champ

member is offline

FALCON ARROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE'S DONE THE DEAL!

Joined: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
Location: Star City, Australia
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #14 Yesterday at 8:40pm »

Yesterday at 8:38pm, ohiofan1 wrote:
Am I the only one that found Jim Carrey entertaining as The Riddler?
He is the main reason why I don't hate on this movie.

Yeah, he was pretty good.

Though I wasn't really big on Tommy Lee Jones playing the Joker.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
Things that make sense in wrestling do not exist.
Michael "Mikey Cee" Coello
Resident MC

member is offline

FAN Writer of 'Direct to DVD Dissection''.

Joined: Jan 2006
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #15 Yesterday at 9:03pm »
Forever was made as a movie. & Robin was made as a commercial,
according to Chris O'Donnell.

I also don't have a problem with Carrey. I just saw him as a darker
extension of the Gorshin character, even with the stalker subtext in
Forever, cause they hinted at that in Batman: The Movie.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
CHECK ME OUT ON THE F.A.N IN THE WEEKLY DIRECT TO DVD DISSECTION
ARTICLE
Free Hat
Dennis Stamp

member is offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Location: Fredericton, NB, Canada
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #16 Yesterday at 9:18pm »

Yesterday at 9:03pm, Michael "Mikey Cee" Coello wrote:
Forever was made as a movie. & Robin was made as a commercial,
according to Chris O'Donnell.

I also don't have a problem with Carrey. I just saw him as a darker
extension of the Gorshin character, even with the stalker subtext in
Forever, cause they hinted at that in Batman: The Movie.

All things considered I still think Gorshin's portrayal was far more
intimidating. There's something about those eyes and that laugh of his
that I just found unsettling, like he was just one foiled plot away
from snapping and going on a puzzle themed killing spree.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged
De$tro
Gentle Lover

Often seen not being a STAR
member is offline

Joined: Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Re: Batman & Robin vs. Batman Forever
« Reply #17 Yesterday at 9:22pm »
Carey didn't really hold a candle to Gorshin. His version was like
Gorshin had downed about five cans of Red Bull and some speed.
Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

alt.tv.batman