 Touching Jesus by faith

Rich

Oct 4, 2021, 3:10:41 AM10/4/21

 Touching Jesus by faith

"Consider the text 'And all flesh shall see the salvation of God'
(Luke 3:6). There is no difficulty at all in taking this to mean 'And
all flesh shall see the Christ of God.' After all, Christ was seen in
the body and will be seen in the body when he comes again to judge the
living and the dead. Scripture has many texts showing that he is the
'salvation of God,' particularly the words of the venerable old man,
Simeon, who took the child in his arms and said, 'Now let your servant
go in peace, O Lord, according to your word, because my eyes have seen
your salvation' (Luke 2:29-30)."
--St. Augustine--(excerpt from CITY OF GOD 22.29)

<<>><<>><<>>
4 October – Saint Petronius, Bishop of Bologna

(Died c 450)
Patronages – Bologna, Italy, archdiocese of and the city of Bologna.
The only certain historical information we possess concerning St
Petronius is derived from a letter written by Bishop Eucherius of
Lyons  to Valerianus and from Gennadius of Massilia (died c 496) “De
viris illustribus.” Eucherius writes that the holy Bishop Petronius
was then renowned in Italy for his virtues.

From Gennadius we receive more detailed personal information –
Petronius belonged to a noble family, whose members occupied high
positions at the imperial Court at Milan and, in the provincial
administrations, at the end of the fourth and the beginning of the
fifth centuries. His father (also named Petronius) was probably a
governor, since a Petronius filled this office in Gaul in 402-8.
Eucherius also seems to suggest that the future bishop also held an
important secular position.

Even in his youth Petronius devoted himself to the practices of
asceticism and seems to have visited the Holy Places in Jerusalem,
perhaps on a pilgrimage.

About 432 he was elected and consecrated Bishop of Bologna, where he
erected a church to St Stephen, the building design of which was in
imitation of the shrines on Golgotha and the Holy Sepulchre in
Jerusalem.

According to Gennadius, Petronius died during the reign of Emperor
Theodosius and Valentinian, i. e., before 450., of natural causes. A
biography and relics were discovered in 1141. Shortly afterwards, a
church was erected in his honour at Bologna, a second, planned on a
larger site, was begun in 1390 and partially completed. In 1659 the
building work was resumed and the glorious Italian-Gothic church
completed as it stands to-day.

In iconography, he is depicted as a bishop holding a model of Bologna
in his hand.

https://anastpaul.com/2019/10/04/

Saint Quote:
When I am in Heaven, where everything is possible, I will cling to the
mantle of the Mother of God and I will not turn my eyes from you. But
do not forget what this poor old man has said to you.
--Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo from his deathbed

Bible Quote
Now about the midst of the feast, Jesus went up into the temple, and
taught. 15 And the Jews wondered, saying: How doth this man know
letters, having never learned? 16 Jesus answered them, and said: My
doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. (John 7:14-16)

<><><><>
Prayer for Daily Neglects

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
with all its Love, all its sufferings and all its merits.

1st--To expiate all the sins I have committed this day and during all my life.
 Glory be to the Father …!

2nd --To purify the good I have done badly this day and during all my life.
 Glory be to the Father …!

3rd --To supply for the good I ought to have done and that I have
neglected this day and during all my life.
 Glory be to the Father …!

(This prayer is not meant to replace confession)